New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Necromancer Spells

I am about to attain my 5th sorcerer level, and was wanting some input on my spell selection (I get a 1st and a 2nd level spell known this level).

I am going for Palemaster, and there are no clerics or wizards in the setting.

My current spell list:
    Some level 0 spells (not really important enough to list out)
    1st level spells: Ray of Enfeeblement, Charm Person, Parching Touch (from Sandstorm)
    2nd level spells: Glitterdust

By 6th level, I have to have Command Undead and Vampiric Touch, so whatever I take this level for a second level spell I'll only be keeping for 1 level, before I switch to Command Undead to meet prereqs.

I was thinking about taking Blood Wind and Invisibility.

I have a question on Blood Wind.

Can you deliver touch range spells with this spell? You do have the option of delivering a touch spell with an unarmed strike or natural weapon, instead of touch, but does that work with Blood Wind?

I may be calling Blood Wind by the wrong name, btw. It is the spell that makes a natural weapon a ranged weapon with an increment of 20ft.
    Aratos Tell
    HP:53/53 AC:19,FlatFooted:16,Touch:13
    Active Effects: Speak w/Animals
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

Megiddo
    HP:26/26 PP: 40/40 AC:14,FlatFooted:13,Touch:13
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Necromancer Spells

I can't answer the questions, but you're right about the spell name.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Necromancer Spells

Quote Originally Posted by Skjaldbakka View Post
    I have a question on Blood Wind.

Can you deliver touch range spells with this spell? You do have the option of delivering a touch spell with an unarmed strike or natural weapon, instead of touch, but does that work with Blood Wind?

I may be calling Blood Wind by the wrong name, btw. It is the spell that makes a natural weapon a ranged weapon with an increment of 20ft.
    Blood Wind is originally from Savage Species (and updated in Spell Compendium).

The Spell Compendium text makes it clear that you can deliver your touch attacks at range if you are holding the charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Wind - Spell Compendium
    ... the result of the attack affects a target within range.
    Three is no requirement that you make a melee touch attack to deliver a spell, just that you make the attack with a natural weapon.

I am not sure about the RAI on this for Blood Wind though.
    All Yours Popcorn are belongs to me truly,
    LLS