New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Custom Robo (Redesign Your Robo, We Know What We're Doing)

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Sure but for how long?
    Long enough to SPARTAN our way out, presumably.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Custom Robo (Redesign Your Robo, We Know What We're Doing)

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Long enough to SPARTAN our way out, presumably.
    Ten minutes, one Threepwood.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #183
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm not gonna lie given the build up HT I was expecting a "and you also released the flood" with the implicit idea being she's talking about humanity.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'm not gonna lie given the build up HT I was expecting a "and you also released the flood" with the implicit idea being she's talking about humanity.
    oh gorramit that would've been hilarious
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #185

Time for another ye olde Custom Robo!

Zodi Plays: Custom Robo [13] Wig Snatched

Video Length: 23:32

Shut up thinking of video titles is hard.

Anyway in this episode, we tear our way through three sets of fights! The first against two utterly incompetant cops, the second against Walt and Carmen (with Carmen finally earning name privileges!!) and lastly, against Bogey and the Waiter! In a shocking display of weird, weird game balance the fights have gotten easier as we've gone forward, and I don't know if it is because of the part choices I'm taken or what. This game can randomly decide to be brutal as heck, or rather easy, and it is truthfully hard to gauge what trouble (or lack thereof) you're gonna get with each fight.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

I am disappointed that you did not fight the cops using the Criminal.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Not as many participants in the singles division? Would you say there were... half as many?

The implication with the losing partners and "or... was it her?" is that one of them might be mixed up with the nameless guy who was in the couple, since they have the same model.

Poor Walt and Carmen. At least she finally gets a nameplate. Wait, does that mean Harry's actually the one these nameplates are coming from?

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Harry was the true protagonist all along!

It's not a robo game, but a dating sim!
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm getting weirdly invested in the nameless Visor Boys. I'd suggest giving them nicknames, but nicknaming people that all look the same seems futile. Too bad we can't do anything like put numbers or something on them to tell them apart.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    I'm getting weirdly invested in the nameless Visor Boys. I'd suggest giving them nicknames, but nicknaming people that all look the same seems futile. Too bad we can't do anything like put numbers or something on them to tell them apart.
    And that is how you know that the writers have done a good job.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

And that is how you know that the writers have done a good job.
    Well, yeah. One of them has a complex and nuanced backstory. No idea which one, but still.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

On episode 13:
    ....The glossary section for the Police HQ is highly suspicious, given my theories.

oh no.... are the nameless NPC boys developing a hivemind!? are they remembering things that happened to OTHER clones of themselves?

and now they are losing track of their identities, oh not the NPC's boys are blending together!

this family entered without thinking it through. of course.

but yeah, lots of fights. nothing much to say except the nameless 4-6 visor boys were the best parts of this.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Glances through Forum after a PM.
    Scrolls past mention of Custom Robo.
    Registers, scrolls back up, and Furiously Clicks.

I friggin' love this game. I played through it from start to finish, and on NG+, like 5 times. As noted, the friggin' tongue-in-cheek writing for even "Nameless NPC" is amazing -I used to try to leave facilities to check to see if other buildings have new dialog, because that sometimes *does* happen-; and the gameplay is phenomenal. Easily one of the Gamecube's *finest* games.

Hell, this thread reminded me to check out Synaptic Drive, which was made by the same people, so thanks for that!

But yeah, +1 viewer. And you're even still in the New Journey section! Sweet!

...I swear it felt like years ago, when we were checking you out just playing the Megaman Games... my how time flies...

14. - Top - End - #194

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Glances through Forum after a PM.
    Scrolls past mention of Custom Robo.
    Registers, scrolls back up, and Furiously Clicks.

I friggin' love this game. I played through it from start to finish, and on NG+, like 5 times. As noted, the friggin' tongue-in-cheek writing for even "Nameless NPC" is amazing -I used to try to leave facilities to check to see if other buildings have new dialog, because that sometimes *does* happen-; and the gameplay is phenomenal. Easily one of the Gamecube's *finest* games.

Hell, this thread reminded me to check out Synaptic Drive, which was made by the same people, so thanks for that!

But yeah, +1 viewer. And you're even still in the New Journey section! Sweet!

...I swear it felt like years ago, when we were checking you out just playing the Megaman Games... my how time flies...
    I am glad to have you aboard!

And god don't remind me. The passage of time is slow but inevitable!

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    On episode 13:
    ....The glossary section for the Police HQ is highly suspicious, given my theories.

oh no.... are the nameless NPC boys developing a hivemind!? are they remembering things that happened to OTHER clones of themselves?

and now they are losing track of their identities, oh not the NPC's boys are blending together!

this family entered without thinking it through. of course.

but yeah, lots of fights. nothing much to say except the nameless 4-6 visor boys were the best parts of this.
    I have a nickname for the Visor Boy that mentioned his complex backstory. Bud. Bud Visor.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Whoops, late on watching the Tournament Arc! Should try to be a bit sparse with the comments...

Episode 12:
    [1:15] Curses, going into other people's offices has been foiled again!

[1:58] He really should've thought this whole wearing a cop costume everywhere through. Also, how is this man not arrested for impersonating an officer? Is everyone so faceless that the cops arrest each other in confusion?

[3:03] Yeah, kinda weird how we haven't heard about Eliza's Z Syndicate hitting the lab again. Those goons ran off, so what's stopping them?

[4:40] Well considering he gets knocked out if you lose to Marcia's Corona Virus-Conscious Brother, I think Harry's fight with Oboro a lot closer than he lets on...

[15:35] Fun fact, there's the Little Raider and Little Sprinter series in the other games, with the difference being that Little Raiders have Air Dashes while the Little Sprinters have Air Jumps. This game however basically has Little Sprinter in all but name, since they only have the Air Jumps.

[18:43] Yeah that dance seems to be in bad taste.

[20:55] Wait, that guy lost? But the other two guys are in winner's brackets... JUDGE!!!

Episode 13:
    [1:49] Well, someone for somebody I suppose...

[2:20] JUDGE!!! How the heck is this tournament setup?!

[9:00] A Block: The Anonymous block! Who won? It could be Anyone!

[10:56] Now the title makes sense.

[16:50] First Round, Last Round... At this point, the tournament bracket must look like a pretzel.

[18:18] Okay, only NOW do I realize that it's Round Robin for these prelim matches.

[20:13] With this Blood gun, and this Crime Bomb, and this Crime Blood Pod, and Blood Crime Legs...

[22:26] Yes, yes, the Gremlin Child half of the Murderous Kneecapper Gremlin Child build acquired...
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

17. - Top - End - #197

Oh man, more Custom Robo. Time to finish a tournament arc.

Zodi Plays: Custom Robo [14] Bread And Circuses

Video Length: 39:32

This one goes a little long, because of expected reasons by this point.

Starting us off today, we're going up against none other than Mira and Roy! This is uh, pretty tough a fight for the most part, but it's exacerbated by me making use of the Swift, our first Little Raider robo.

Little Raiders are... uniquely bad. They're incredibly fast on the ground, but their other stats are all pretty weak. They're, I think, the only robo in the game with HALF stats, having a 1 and a half strength stat, and a And A Half in Down, meaning literally a single tap from anything will knock them into down status. There are certainly combinations you can do to make the Little Raider into an interesting bastard of a robo, and I'll definitely be sure to show it off once I get the needed parts, but as is the Little Raider is... basically the worst robo in the game. Which is a shame because it is a pretty cute line, I think.

After dealing with the last of the cops, it's time to face down Evil and his... minion? Except Harry pulls a stunt to replace himself with Marcia for genuinely good reasons, but Marcia has no desire to fight and Evil in his... unexpected gentleman nature, asks to just do a 1v1. We accept, even though the entire intent of the 2v2 was to show unity in things.

With Evil completely canned due to 1v1s being way easier and Evil not being that good of a commander, all that is left is the finale. But first, we have to have a... kind of bad scene with Marcia where Harry sorta brow beats her into realizing she needs to trust others and thus extend herself out to them. I'm honestly not super keen on this, especially since it seems like Marcia's trust issues and desire to confide in no one but her brother seem to uh... not be the problem. The problem seems to be that she saw someone who is definitely probably her dead brother and it's screwing her up inside. I guess the intent is that Harry is solving a different problem from that one, that was CAUSED by that one, but still. It feels a little weird.

And so... the tournament ends, and we prepare to go to Mira and Harry's apartment for a party. But that'll be for next time; hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you guys then.

------

Oh, Glossary time!

Nothing super vital in this, but it is interesting to like, reflect on. Ernest is a genius and he works as a mercenary.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-06-08 at 08:14 AM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Episode 14:

[1:39] Really? Cause it seems like only one of those guys has a name.

[2:09] "I just don't see any way a regular civilian could beat a trained member of the police squad" two officers were literally beaten by children. Somehow, I think your training is pretty lackluster.

[6:55] Your gameplan is to DODGE!!! Which, admittedly is a lot harder when there's twice as many robos to keep track of.

[9:28] So now's a good time to note that in 2v2 matches in Single Player, if you get KO'd, that's an auto loss. Even if your partner was doing perfectly fine up to that point.

[22:05] It works because Anime Logic...

[22:41] Welp. This is also why I don't like any of the Left/Right weapons.

[34:44] Or you know, the fact that Mister Meat Robo the First is still out there.

[36:10] What this city needs is more colors of visors. I've only seen like one blue visor in a sea of orange.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, Swift is a cute robo.

Ooh, Satellites look cool.

What a tense match. "3 HP. 4 HP. Godmode Harry."

Oh boy. Nothing suspicious about this final match at all. Especially not with how Linda says 'lucky'.

That's... yeesh, yeahhhh, I can see why you don't much like this. Calling people like that selfish, just because they're hurting. It... eeeeeehhhh...

...also, wait. Ernest has a standing animation! How dare he! XD

Ah, yes. You want to meet an evil team (no, not an Evil team, that's different) because the leader's pretty. Good reasons. Be nice to the villains if they're cute (and she is). Because that'll never go wrong (it will).

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

On Episode 14:
    Use the Swift. go for humbling victory on the cops. doooo eeeeet.

COPS DEFEATED. HUMILIATION. haha, they lost to a Swift!

Evil is a joke as always.

Harry you'd be right about her brother in any other circumstance, but this is a mysterious anime brother in a mystery/fighting game. they always come back, she's seen him, I think she'd recognize him.

the music is way too calm for Marcia's anime moment. thats what kills it. you can't have a flashback and self-epiphanies to the same generic BGM, its just not well executed.

but yeah, don't call people selfish for having personal issues about their family members.

I think Ernest knows he isn't a protagonist in this videogame.....

also I think Ernest is just an older Harry.

hm, pre-installed huh? they know what snow is, so.....are they artificially changing the environment to replicate the seasons or are they not underground? they know what snow is, but not what real grass is. thats weird. ice age going on?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

hm, pre-installed huh? they know what snow is, so.....are they artificially changing the environment to replicate the seasons or are they not underground? they know what snow is, but not what real grass is. thats weird. ice age going on?
    I mean, if it snows around, snow's a lot harder to permanently eradicate than grass, climate permitting.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

The Swift is really cute. I wonder if the arenas were bigger and the guns had longer ranges, it might be more effective. I feel like being so fast along the ground should be legitimately useful, but in these tiny maps there's no where to run to.

That hornet gun was not fair though. Very brutal.

Oh and I like the new avatar, data!
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2020-06-08 at 04:26 PM.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

That's... yeesh, yeahhhh, I can see why you don't much like this. Calling people like that selfish, just because they're hurting. It... eeeeeehhhh...
    On Episode 14:
    Harry you'd be right about her brother in any other circumstance, but this is a mysterious anime brother in a mystery/fighting game. they always come back, she's seen him, I think she'd recognize him.

the music is way too calm for Marcia's anime moment. thats what kills it. you can't have a flashback and self-epiphanies to the same generic BGM, its just not well executed.

but yeah, don't call people selfish for having personal issues about their family members.
    Yeah, I think the selfish angle is a bit much, I think it would've been a lot better if was more along the lines of "Marcia, you're stronger than when you were a kid, but you also have friends to confide in now. You don't have to face the future alone."
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    Ah, why thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Yeah, I think the selfish angle is a bit much, I think it would've been a lot better if was more along the lines of "Marcia, you're stronger than when you were a kid, but you also have friends to confide in now. You don't have to face the future alone."
    Yeah. Building her up, not tearing her down.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    The Swift is really cute. I wonder if the arenas were bigger and the guns had longer ranges, it might be more effective. I feel like being so fast along the ground should be legitimately useful, but in these tiny maps there's no where to run to.

That hornet gun was not fair though. Very brutal.

There are some arenas that are pretty big, and also things tend to be less cramped in 1-on-1 matches.

Also, high movespeed means that when you do inevitably go down, you can very quickly run up to the enemy to use short-range weapons before the invulnerability wears off, and away just before they get up, while they're less likely to be able to do the same to you. It works well with the Stun gun, which has enough hitstun to lock the enemy up for several shots before they get downed, which increases the amount of damage you can do that they can't respond to. Or use your mobility to stay behind cover, if your enemy's gun can't fire over or around walls (bombs and pods are slower, more dodgeable).
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Heh. I don't know whether or not I want to say a thing in regards to the upcoming party....

The point where Harry's words gets replaced with random symbols and stuff? I know that was used as cursing for Ernest, but I thought by that point, Marcia was tuning him out and figuring things out in her own head. I imagine most people do that when talking with Harry.

And yeah, the Little-Raiders are definitely an acquired taste... Definitely not built for the way I played when I went through this game, that's for sure...

Actually, I wonder how many people keeping up with this *have* played through Custom Robo before... I feel like it's a cult favorite for a lot of folks...

Edit: I went back and looked at some of the earlier posts, and I'm sad to see that I missed it, but glad that the "design/outfit" conversation was still brought up. Gyro's is dope, though now I don't know if that's one of those long ass scarves of a cape now, and I'm probably gonna lose sleep trying to figure that out later. I think Harry's is supposed to help sell how sloppy yet practical he is... it certainly looks ugly, but he get the job done. Meanwhile, I can't *not* see the "Keys" on her boots, and that kinda bugs me, but otherwise I think Marcia's outfit is absolutely awesome. I've wanted to draw that and use it on other characters I've played in PBP... though maybe with different styles of hair. She has to have enough to match a Disney Princess considering how big those Twintails are...
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2020-06-09 at 07:42 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Actually, I wonder how many people keeping up with this *have* played through Custom Robo before... I feel like it's a cult favorite for a lot of folks...
    I've not. It's one I always thought sounded cool, but was never able to get my hands on.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

I've not. It's one I always thought sounded cool, but was never able to get my hands on.
    I think I might have played it for a very very short time owned by someone else? Or just saw it in a store? I didn't have a clue what it was until long after that, at which point I emulated.
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #209

Heh. I don't know whether or not I want to say a thing in regards to the upcoming party....

The point where Harry's words gets replaced with random symbols and stuff? I know that was used as cursing for Ernest, but I thought by that point, Marcia was tuning him out and figuring things out in her own head. I imagine most people do that when talking with Harry.

And yeah, the Little-Raiders are definitely an acquired taste... Definitely not built for the way I played when I went through this game, that's for sure...

Edit: I went back and looked at some of the earlier posts, and I'm sad to see that I missed it, but glad that the "design/outfit" conversation was still brought up. Gyro's is dope, though now I don't know if that's one of those long ass scarves of a cape now, and I'm probably gonna lose sleep trying to figure that out later. I think Harry's is supposed to help sell how sloppy yet practical he is... it certainly looks ugly, but he get the job done. Meanwhile, I can't *not* see the "Keys" on her boots, and that kinda bugs me, but otherwise I think Marcia's outfit is absolutely awesome. I've wanted to draw that and use it on other characters I've played in PBP... though maybe with different styles of hair. She has to have enough to match a Disney Princess considering how big those Twintails are...
    I think the little ring things on Marcia's boots are what people are saying are keys. Key rings are basically just keys, I guess.

So, the INTENT of Gyro's design is that it is a HEADBAND that is just REALLY REALLY LONG. We of this thread have decided he just tied a cape to his forehead because Gyro doesn't understand things.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I think the little ring things on Marcia's boots are what people are saying are keys. Key rings are basically just keys, I guess.
    Probably the image is that the "key-prongs" are in the boots themselves. So it's just the key-handle that's seen as the dangly bits.

I don't care, though. I'd still wear the outfit. And want that much hair.