New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Beware of Bites!

Here's the problem with that and what I want to figure out:

Unavenger told AV they were "99% sure" Snowblaze was redeemed cultist at 06-06-2020 10:59 AM ET (US). AV claimed (to you) to have claims for "Crazy One, the Doubting Cop, the Trusting Cop, the Doctor, the Redempted Cultist, and the Playful Monster." at 06-06-2020 09:04 AM ET (US). The Unavenger/AV didn't mention your role as far as I can see.

So, where did AV get the info. Was it just a guess? Did someone tell them in the maf chat? Is you being Redempted a big set up with AV and Unavenger? Is there a roll cop who checked you? Was there another town core thread?

I don't know but I want to figure it out

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

If someone really did claim Redempted to AV, they must have changed their tune by the time I got a master list of every claim in the game. I'm honestly very inclined to trust the people who have roles in the main post as their claims, because no-one has counterclaimed them.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    If someone really did claim Redempted to AV, they must have changed their tune by the time I got a master list of every claim in the game. I'm honestly very inclined to trust the people who have roles in the main post as their claims, because no-one has counterclaimed them.
    Yeah, that makes sense. But it is possible Valmark dropped one of those roles, though I admit that seems unlikely since we've seen the Cops, Doctor, and Lycan in play.

If we get to the stage of supreme paranoia, though, and start to need to kill unverified roles, I think we should have competing wagons between Cao and me. Seeing how people vote, in conjunction with how people flip, could be useful. And I think us dying is a relatively minor blow to the Town team at that stage of the game: vote manipulation when we don't have a good suspect is weak, and my power is weak when we don't have a good idea who is likely to die.

If I'm confirmed as Town by dying, then you can trust that I'm saying that gac3 and Apogee1 were key to me discovering the wolf-status of JWL and AV, respectively. There's multiple layers of paranoia we could go down into ("did they sacrifice JWL for towncred?"), but this seems relatively safe.
    If Cao is confirmed as Town by dying, that would also prove you really are the Crazy One by verifying your boosted-seer-insight, and thereby indirectly verify Snowblaze as the buffer.
    And if either of us flip wolf, the Town likely wins at that point.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

A couple more points:

1. I have a pretty solid scumread on rogue_alchemist apart from the power question.

2. I feel like the redirection power would be much more likely to be wolf than town - you had the same one in X-Mafia as a wolf whereas I have yet to encounter it as town.

3. When I discussed it with AV they said “You think both major wagons (day two) were wolves?” which kind of feels like a subtle defence of rogue_alchemist.

4. Aventine accused AV of defending rogue_alchemist... I didn’t agree at the time because I was so convinced AV was town, but now it looks a lot more probable. I’ll have to go back and re-read Aventine’s analysis now.

- - - Updated - - -

I claimed to Unavenger at 10:47 AM ET (US). I assumed that Unavenger had told AV they’d been boosted prior to that, hence AV’s comment. If this isn’t true... AV lied, I guess?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, there’s nothing important in here, I can reveal it: my QT with Unavenger. https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/8HfqV4attvtfX
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #365
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    A couple more points:

1. I have a pretty solid scumread on rogue_alchemist apart from the power question.

2. I feel like the redirection power would be much more likely to be wolf than town - you had the same one in X-Mafia as a wolf whereas I have yet to encounter it as town.

3. When I discussed it with AV they said “You think both major wagons (day two) were wolves?” which kind of feels like a subtle defence of rogue_alchemist.

4. Aventine accused AV of defending rogue_alchemist... I didn’t agree at the time because I was so convinced AV was town, but now it looks a lot more probable. I’ll have to go back and re-read Aventine’s analysis now.

- - - Updated - - -

I claimed to Unavenger at 10:47 AM ET (US). I assumed that Unavenger had told AV they’d been boosted prior to that, hence AV’s comment. If this isn’t true... AV lied, I guess?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, there’s nothing important in here, I can reveal it: my QT with Unavenger. https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/8HfqV4attvtfX
    Alright I figure AV either was making a guess of some sort then or Maf have a rolecop.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Alright I figure AV either was making a guess of some sort then or Maf have a rolecop.
    What does "rolecop" mean?

7. - Top - End - #367
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    What does "rolecop" mean?
    A way to target someone and learn what role they have (don't know what the lingo for that is on this site -- roleseer?)

8. - Top - End - #368
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    A way to target someone and learn what role they have (don't know what the lingo for that is on this site -- roleseer?)
    Yeah, I'd say role seer or role scry, probably.
    Anyways, the idea is that the Cop is basically the same as the Seer, just based on the Mafia game flavour instead of Werewolf. So "rolecop" refers to a cop/seer who can see people's roles, not just alignments. (An alignment seer is pretty much useless to the wolves, for obvious reasons.)
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

We've had redirect powers as town. First game I was in I was town and used it. I'm sure there were others but I'm blanking.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Actually, now I think about it, it makes perfect sense for me to have been the target of a Devil or similar role, given I was one of probably only a small number who hadn’t claimed to AV by end of night one.

Or, alternatively, AV lied to try and persuade me to claim to them because they thought I could be the Cultist and wanted me to think someone else was claiming my role.

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #371
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

It's been forty-eight hours and four minutes.

I just had a horrible thought, but I'm fairly sure it's not true and even if it is it won't make much difference at this stage.

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Welp sorry, I'm in a hurry today and forgot the end of day was now.

Day Three END.

Tallying votes...

13. - Top - End - #373
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

It's fine, don't worry about it.

(Although why you need to bother counting the votes when it's basically unanimous...)

Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Vote Count
    Show

Book Wombat 9 (Snowblaze, CaoimhinTheCape, JeenLeen, rogue_alchemist, apogee1, bc56, Unavenger, Book Wombat, gac3)

Well, it wasn't much of a choice. After the loss of their companion, the Trusting Detective didn't even put up a fight- if anything, they tightened the noose themselves.

Book Wombat died. They were the Trusting Detective.

Spoiler: Role
    Show
    You're the Trusting Detective, a Town Human role. You always believed in this stuff even when everybody else laughed at you, and are oh so much excited to work at this case.
    Each night pick a player. You discover who targeted them and who they targeted. In addition, you start out in contact with the Doubting Detective. If the Doubting Detective dies, you get lost in despair and the Evilest One lingering influence overtakes you and you switch from Town to Evils.

Well, there was no doubt for once. At all.

BEGIN NIGHT 3

It'll end in 48 hours. Have fun~!
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-06-12 at 08:03 AM.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I just had a horrible thought, but I'm fairly sure it's not true and even if it is it won't make much difference at this stage.

As the group descends upon the remaining officer of the law, certain for some reason that he has now joined the side of Evil, the officer simply stands there accepting his fate. Even handing his gun over to show he agrees he should die. But that does not stay the mob's hand.

As the officer falls, a dark miasma emerges from him. Some of those amassed against fall to their death, smiles of agony on their faces. Others have different smiles and a dark glint in their eye. This was the Evilest One's true revenge. The Cop did not merely fall, but became a vessel for spreading death and corruption.

That'd be an overpowered power

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

*Takes notes*

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    *Takes notes*
    I guess I should sit out of the next game you run

18. - Top - End - #378
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

That wasn't actually my horrible thought, it was "what if Valmark changed the power since the OP of the recruitment thread and he never turned evil in the first place".

Extended Signature

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Yo, bc56, if you have any way to verify your Town status, or any idea who the real vampire is, please speak. I sent you a QT in case you want to speak privately.
    But I understand your silence. I just ran a check on all scenarios of what could happen if you are a wolf or if you are honest. In most, you'd still be a likely lynch candidate tomorrow. But there are a handful where you'd survive, based on the results of intel-gathering powers used tonight. So I still encourage you to try something.

On the other hand, if you're the last wolf, then I'm pretty sure Town has already won. Likewise if you and rogue_alchemist are the last wolves*. It's really only if there's a wolf in the towncore, or Elenna decides to strongly ally with the wolves near the end or she actually is a Jack of All Trades wolf**, that I see a route for Evil victory.

But Neutral!Elenna has no reason to betray Town, as any wolf-sided behavior might make us think she's a lying wolf and we lynch her, costing her her win condition.

*I considered the option that a wolf might have a power to fakeclaim as Town. But there's a few problems with that. 1) why not use it N1. 2) why would it get messed up by wolf-AV's directives.
    **or a pure redirect-vortexer wolf. The only power use of hers we really have basically confirmed is that she redirected Cao last night, as she was voided N1. Elenna should get 2 actions tonight, so if the wolves get 2 kills, probably mean Elenna is a wolf. Again, really doubt this, but we're plotting out "what if"s that include killing the towncore if both bc56 and RA end up town.

- - - Updated - - -

That wasn't actually my horrible thought, it was "what if Valmark changed the power since the OP of the recruitment thread and he never turned evil in the first place".
    If that were the case, I reckon Book Wombat would have stated it. We wouldn't have believed him and would have lynched him anyway.
    But, yeah, I can see that being a reasonable move on the Narrator's part, and a funny move.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm... actually, your best bet at winning is probably if the Town gives into the paranoia we've been hinting at and starts lynching each other before killing you (and maybe rogue_alchemist, depending on how tonight goes). But that also seems unlikely. We might not trust each other 100%, but it's almost as good as that, at least unless you two flip Town.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2020-06-12 at 10:49 AM.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

Night Three END.

Checking Actions...

- - - Updated - - -

One of you tried to prove their innocence all the time, their plans twarted at every opportunity by friends and foes alike. Until foes decided that all in all, the media are the true enemy so they killed the one who's weapon ARE the media.

rogue-alchemist died. They were the Influencer.

Spoiler: Role
    Show
    You're the Influencer, a Town Human role. The media is your weapon and as the one who wields it, you're determined to get the people to see the truth and hunt the monsters before it's too late.
    Each night, pick two players. The first one targets the second, if applicable. If the first player you pick isn't using their active powers, then it doesn't work. In addition, you can have me privately confirm your role to people.

People will have to think for themselves, now.

BEGIN DAY 3

It'll end in 48 hours. Have fun~!

Night actions will receive feedback shortly.

- - - Updated - - -

All night actions have received feedback.

21. - Top - End - #381

WolfInSheepsClothing

If we've stacked up our night actions right, I believe that means that bc53 delenda est.

If we've stacked up our night actions wrong, I still believe that bc53 delenda est.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Indeed
    BC56

23. - Top - End - #383
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Welp, I feel very stupid now. Sorry, rogue_alchemist.

Anyway, yeah, let's get on with lynching bc56.
    Last edited by Snowblaze; 2020-06-14 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Full stops are useful.

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

No reason for private chat now, since the only people not in the private chat are bc56 and Elenna, and we're killing one, and the other helped us out.

rogue_alchemist should still win as part of Town winning.
    Elenna redirected bc56 and rouge_alchemist to target each other. We figured one or bothe wolves, and this at least kept the wolf killing only someone we suspected and mislynch. So bc56 killed rogue_alchemist.

gac3, did rogue_alchemist use a 'reveal alignment' power?

25. - Top - End - #385
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

So... can we assume there are only three wolves, or do we need to get paranoid about JeenLeen and gac3? I'm leaning towards the former, at least I really hope it's the former.

Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

If we've stacked up our night actions right, I believe that means that bc53 delenda est.

If we've stacked up our night actions wrong, I still believe that bc53 delenda est.
    Yeah, if bc56 flips wolf, I have a couple plans worked out. Which I guess I'll reveal tonight if so.

Most scary possibility: the Vampire is part of the towncore, and their supercharged power is to convert someone else into a vampire!

- - - Updated - - -

So... can we assume there are only three wolves, or do we need to get paranoid about JeenLeen and gac3? I'm leaning towards the former, at least I really hope it's the former.
    I think we can wait to get paranoid, or start plotting.
    Honestly, my money is on gac3 or a particular someone else, but I'lll wait to say who until Night falls. Or if we win; should be funny to mention

27. - Top - End - #387

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Most scary possibility: the Vampire is part of the towncore, and their supercharged power is to convert someone else into a vampire!
    I suppose you conned the Redempted Cultist into not buffing me on the lunatic grounds that I'm the vampire?

Oh yes, I suppose I should say this up-front: I don't have a super-scry tomorrow night. Good job, team!

28. - Top - End - #388
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I really want to know who someone is... the only possibility I can see other than you or gac3 in this position is that Caoimhin has scry immunity despite the only possible way to get a scry being if I target Unavenger. If it's Apogee it means that Valmark specifically lied to us by giving JWL a secondary win condition to kill someone who doesn't exist, if it's me or Unavenger it means a role on the OP didn't exist and we somehow knew that by day two in order to fake-claim it, and if it's Elenna I'm confused.

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose you conned the Redempted Cultist into not buffing me on the lunatic grounds that I'm the vampire?

Oh yes, I suppose I should say this up-front: I don't have a super-scry tomorrow night. Good job, team!
    No, that's a lie, I was told that I successfully buffed you.

(Please tell me you're joking!)

Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #389

WolfInSheepsClothing

Valmark "Forgot." I do have a super-scry. False alarm.

(Don't worry, it's not as bad as that time I gave Xihirli the wrong info.)

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Unavenger is correct that that fear occurred to me, but I didn't think it a good idea to tell anyone (besides one person I trust, in case I was NKed) nor did I think I'd convince anything on the baseless accusation.

Like, literally the only evidence for it would be if neither bc56 nor rogue_alchemist died.