New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Stats for Cervantes

Yes, I mean Cervantes from SoulCalibur trilogy. He's the pirate dude. Any ideas?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Stats for Cervantes

And here I was wondering why and how someone would stat out the writer who created Don Quixote.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

First of all, most of those characters in Soul Calibur fit only loosely into D&D, plus, most would be 10th level or higher considering some of the things they can do. With that said, here's what I think.

Although I don't have the time to actually fully stat him out (sorry, I'm not going to do all your work for you), I'll set you in the right direction.

He's a Human (or possibly Tiefling) Male Swashbuckler (CW)/Sorceror w/ dex. cha. and int. being his highest stats. and probably having the Arcane Strike feat (CW), Two Weapon Fighting, Two Weapon Defense, and the Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack feat progression.
    He also fights in the Florentine style, which could/should be made into a Weapon Style feat.
    Add in the minor artifact that he's carrying around and you basically have the build.

-TOA

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    And here I was wondering why and how someone would stat out the writer who created Don Quixote.
    I didn't even know there was another.
    Billy was a chemist's son,
    Now Billy is no more.
    What Billy thought was H2O
    Was H2SO4

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd say he's a Swordsage using Tiger Fang for jumping attacks and two weapon fighting, Desert Wind for adding fire to blows, and Setting Sun for throws.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

I believe there were times he was actually undead (or he may still be undead up to now). Not sure what template would represent this properly. Death Knight, perhaps?

Eberron Red Hand of Doom Campaign Journal. NOW COMPLETE!
    Sakuya Izayoi avatar by Mr. Saturn. Caella sig by Neoseph.

"I dunno, you just gave me the image of a nerd flying slow motion over a coffee table towards another nerd, dual wielding massive books. It was awesome." -- Marriclay

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

i'd say that voldo is a much better character than cervantes...but thats just me...

anyways, i think thrall has the best build thus far
    "'Lo, there do I see my father. 'Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers. 'Lo, there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning. 'Lo, they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them. In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever."

-The 13th Warrior

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    That's what I was wondering too.

GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Record
    Styx Rivermen, Feets Reloaded, and Selene's Seductive Strut
    Record: 42-17-13
    3-time Division Champ, Cup Champion

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Since all Soul Calibur Characters often use throws and have flamy special attacks I think that they are all gestalt characters with some levels of Swordsage on one side of the build, for Desert Wind and Setting Sun maneuvers.

Of course, I think that there are also some feat chains for throwing and the flamy stuff could come from magic weapons.

But with swordsage levels is it all character-inherent and easy. I agree that they are quite high level, 12 +/-3 or so.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

What if we ignore the clearly-not-fully-compatible flames?

11. - Top - End - #11

If you wanted to stick with more conventional stuff, I would have him be a Swashbuckler/Fighter/Tempest with the Shield of Blades alternate class feature from PHBII. The only capability that's hard to represent (and pretty much impossible without magic) is his cannonball attack thing, where he flies across the screen uber-fast. Maybe some variant on Leap attack?
    My friend and I have a blog, we write D&D stuff there: http://forgotmydice.com/

Comedian avatar by The_Stoney_One

A Guide to Commonly Misunderstood 5th Edition Rules

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

What type of undead would he qualify as? There HAS to be something out there, I'm thinking perhaps a vampire represents his abilities, apart from, y'know, the whole bloodsucking deal they have going on there.
    Fanclubs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurellien View Post
    Here's a good one

"We are not working on 4th edition and we have no plans for it."
    -Every single person at WotC when asked
    You sir, win.

Robin of Whitehills, NG Human Druid IV, by me.

Carradoc of the Hall of Grond, CG Dwarf Berserker (complex build), by the illustrious Ceika.

13. - Top - End - #13

He really doesn't demonstrate any special undead abilities, he just is one. I would just give him the Undead type and leave it at that (i.e. no specific template, just adjust him to the type using p. 317 in the MM).

Edit: actually, the Necropolitan from Libris Mortis works a bit better, they keep the ability to heal and gain some turn resistance and ability to resist control. Flavor wise it's a bit different than his story, but for crunch it works.
    Last edited by Grynning; 2007-10-28 at 05:28 AM.
    My friend and I have a blog, we write D&D stuff there: http://forgotmydice.com/

Comedian avatar by The_Stoney_One

A Guide to Commonly Misunderstood 5th Edition Rules

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bugsysservant View Post
    I didn't even know there was another.
    If you're serious, that's sad...