New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Nerdomancer in the Playground Moderator

DruidGuy

Default Grim Dawn / Reign of Terror Mod

Grim dawn is awesome, i picked it, and all the DLC's up not long ago on a steam sale and have been largely buried in it during my free time for the past month and change. Then, in a late night Youtube binge, i found the Diablo 2 mod, Reign of Terror, which is free. The developer only wants you to play it and participate in discussion on discord as payment. now, grim dawn has https://www.grimtools.com/ but i haven't seen anything like it for the mod. does anyone know if there is such a thing? I've been following a build guide for each version of the game until i can figure things out on my own. the grimtools one for the base game makes it easier to find things as you can look up the items, but in the mod there is no such thing, which makes farming anything nearly impossible...

mod build: https://www.reignofterrorgd.com/buildguides/Raiden

main game build: https://www.requnix.com/gaming/grim-...ar-mage-hunter
    Spoiler: Medals & Current Characters
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    More sources, more choices, more power. Welcome to D&D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I mean, I have been assuming Jdizzlean looks like Nathan Fillion this whole time to start with...
    The Mod Life Crisis If you need me to address a thread as a Moderator, please include a link

2. - Top - End - #2
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Grim Dawn / Reign of Terror Mod

Thanks for the heads up, I'm a fan of Grim Dawn as well (and have all the DLC) so I'll put this on my radar.

My partner and I tended to play offline because we use cheats in order to test various builds quickly without a ton of farming, but We're planning a "proper" playthrough soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, I'm a fan of Grim Dawn as well (and have all the DLC) so I'll put this on my radar.

My partner and I tended to play offline because we use cheats in order to test various builds quickly without a ton of farming, but We're planning a "proper" playthrough soon.
    iI'm not a fan of the Diablo series but Grim Dawn is incredible.

I might download some Diablo classes, without the Diablo 2 conversion, if it's possible.
    I am ArlEammon. I've been here since 2004, but I've lost access to my other account.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Spamalot in the Playground

I'm a D2 fan from back in the day but my partner has only played D3. If this mod has the fidelity I'm hoping it does, this could be a good way to get him to try some D2 without having to deal with D2's dated aesthetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've been meaning to try out this mod for some time now especially since Grim Dawn is a game I play a ton of. Diablo 2 is easily one of my favorite arpgs but its really showing its age in a bad way these days.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Nerdomancer in the Playground Moderator

DruidGuy

the mod has an interface built into the town in each act to return to the full regular game w/ that character. i'm assuming you can bounce between the two for crafting items and such, but i haven't tested that out yet.
    Spoiler: Medals & Current Characters
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    More sources, more choices, more power. Welcome to D&D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I mean, I have been assuming Jdizzlean looks like Nathan Fillion this whole time to start with...
    The Mod Life Crisis If you need me to address a thread as a Moderator, please include a link