New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Creating an Illusory Double

Long story short: I'm trying to find some combination of spells, items, and/or effects that will allow for the creation of a Trickery Devotion-esque effect (illusory copy of yourself that can interact with things) at long range, preferably allowing you to see through its eyes somehow. I'm fine building around this concept, though I still want to have other useful abilities. How can this be achieved?
    Clerics begin to question. Paladins fall. Wizards go mad from knowledge, warriors meet foes more skilled than they, and hunters become as monstrous as the horrors they swore to destroy. In the end, good intentions and grand plans get people killed. I'm not here to shape the world or punish the wicked. I just want to help people and get paid. That's why we rogues are the ones who survive.

Dealing with anxiety or depression? Try Lift!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Creating an Illusory Double

A simalacrum with a permanencied telepathic bond should do the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by eggynack View Post
    What I care about here, though, is that the highest standard of pedantry is upheld.
    Know-It-All
    Long Arm of the Law
    Phantom of the Opera
    Arthropods, the Bane of Giants
    Horselord
    Mother Cyst of Invention
    Rule #15: a hero is only as good as his weapon!
    Master of Disguise

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

That's not much of an option at lower levels, though. Is there a way to do this before 8th level spells come online?
    Clerics begin to question. Paladins fall. Wizards go mad from knowledge, warriors meet foes more skilled than they, and hunters become as monstrous as the horrors they swore to destroy. In the end, good intentions and grand plans get people killed. I'm not here to shape the world or punish the wicked. I just want to help people and get paid. That's why we rogues are the ones who survive.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Question Re: Creating an Illusory Double

Unseen Servant + Major Image + Arcane Eye? If you can concentrate on everything at one, that is. And the "interaction" part will be very limited. And not very long range.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

You could use a Dvati. LA+1 race that gives you a second body and a long-range telepathic bond to it. It's not illusory, but maybe you won't mind so much as it's online from level 2 instead of level 13.
    Quote Originally Posted by eggynack View Post
    What I care about here, though, is that the highest standard of pedantry is upheld.
    Know-It-All
    Long Arm of the Law
    Phantom of the Opera
    Arthropods, the Bane of Giants
    Horselord
    Mother Cyst of Invention
    Rule #15: a hero is only as good as his weapon!
    Master of Disguise

6. - Top - End - #6
    Colossus in the Playground

There's project image, which becomes available at level 11, I think.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Instant Diversion creates duplicates like mirror image but you can move them. They only last 1 round thought but use an Illumian race and Cleric with Turn Undead to DMM persist them. Now you have 24 hour duplicates.

Chain of Eyes give you sight.

I have no clue how to give you manipulation, something like unseen servant but with a greater range?
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

You could use a Dvati. LA+1 race that gives you a second body and a long-range telepathic bond to it. It's not illusory, but maybe you won't mind so much as it's online from level 2 instead of level 13.
    Great idea, though if one of the twins dies, the other goes crazy, which makes it somewhat less useful. Perhaps play a Dvati *and use the DMM persist cheese... Hmmm.

By the way, Ramza00, I love your avatar! Calvin and Hobbes is pure gold.