New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: Darths & Droids

1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Darths & Droids

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    (I haven't seen The Emperor's New Groove either. I stopped caring about non-Pixar Disney animated films after Mulan, which would have been a good enough film if you completely blanked out every single scene with the dragon spirit character in it. Note: it wasn't Eddy Murphy for voicing the character, it was that the damn film didn't need a annoying talking animal sidekick shoe horned in.)
    I could be wearing my rose-colored retrospective glasses here, but the Emperor's New Groove was possibly the best animated movie Disney ever made. It was the only story they made that was original, to my knowledge, and it really really does deserve a chance.

I hope Sally doesn't leave the game when Jar Jar stops having screen time, and I hope she's just as cool as before.

I kind of wonder if Jim and Pam Annie got together over the time-skip, but it seems like she hasn't seen any of them since the last game ended, so probably not.
    A review of the best scifi/fantasy book you will have read, and a review of the even better sequel.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    You do your avatar proud

Member #29 of the Tin-foil Hat Alliance

2. - Top - End - #302
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jerthanis View Post
    I could be wearing my rose-colored retrospective glasses here, but the Emperor's New Groove was possibly the best animated movie Disney ever made. It was the only story they made that was original, to my knowledge, and it really really does deserve a chance.
    Yep, all Disney movies should have Patrick Warburton instead of a talking animal.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Yep, I've had to deal with bossy PCs demanding instead of asking for assistance.

Usually, you'll see it early in the game, which makes allowing them to advance to "Name Level" PCs fill you with more dread than you could imagine!
    Thanks to Ceika (X2), Yeril, Holammer and Dr. Bath for the Avatars!
    New Avatar, new form of self-destruction! Ceika is Beyond Awesome!

4. - Top - End - #304
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing HalfOrc View Post
    Yep, I've had to deal with bossy PCs demanding instead of asking for assistance.

Usually, you'll see it early in the game, which makes allowing them to advance to "Name Level" PCs fill you with more dread than you could imagine!
    It also makes more sense in some games than others.

Say, a level 20 fighter, going to a small kingdom. He can probably take down the entire armed forces and their mamas all by himself... Now say he is not a nice guy. He can be good and all that, but not nice, and will not sacrifice the world/the hostages/his village in name of proper manners. He can pretty much demand that the npcs do what he want or else...

And that's not even entering the fields of exalted (which is awesome), where a newly created solar can, without breaking any of the immersion, go to a small kingdom ruled by mortals, at least one without quite some Dragon Blooded Champions, and take control of it without much of a problem (which is also awesome).
    My avatar used to be a W.S.D. (Weapon of Sanity Destruction)
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    After reading the Dominic Deagen forum threads, can you really accuse me of bashing? Read it again. That is the kind of thing that is pure venom. They don't even take it seriously anymore. It's just done for fun.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jerthanis View Post
    What about Lilo and stitch, or Brother Bear, or Atlantis: The lost empire? Or going to their CGI movies, Dinosaur or Bolt?
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2009-02-01 at 01:57 PM.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Firbolg in the Playground

To get this thread back on topic, that "moon destruction" thing starts to make sense now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

7. - Top - End - #307
    Orc in the Playground

[off-topic]
    What about Lilo and stitch, or Brother Bear, or Atlantis: The lost empire? Or going to their CGI movies, Dinosaur or Bolt?
    Dinosaur was alright, but not great. Atlantis was different, though I can't say I really liked it. I haven't seen Bolt... Lilo and Stitch was good. Brother Bear was decent (it's saving graces were the moose*: the great Canadian sterotypers: Dave Thomas and Rick Moranis!) But, I will have to agree with the others that the Emperor's New Grove is one of the best animated features by Disney.
    [/off-topic]

Back on topic: Senator Organa...and his GOATEE!! Should be an interesting plot point yet again. I like the expressions of the Senator and Padme, especially the ones in panels 5, 9, and 10.

*Side note: Don't you think it should be "meese?" Look at it this way: 1 goose -> 2 geese. Thus it follows: 1 moose -> 2 meese?

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Battleship789 View Post
    [off-topic]

Dinosaur was alright, but not great. Atlantis was different, though I can't say I really liked it. I haven't seen Bolt... Lilo and Stitch was good. Brother Bear was decent (it's saving graces were the moose*: the great Canadian sterotypers: Dave Thomas and Rick Moranis!) But, I will have to agree with the others that the Emperor's New Grove is one of the best animated features by Disney.
    [/off-topic]

Back on topic: Senator Organa...and his GOATEE!! Should be an interesting plot point yet again. I like the expressions of the Senator and Padme, especially the ones in panels 5, 9, and 10.

*Side note: Don't you think it should be "meese?" Look at it this way: 1 goose -> 2 geese. Thus it follows: 1 moose -> 2 meese?
    At the risk of sounding like a Shill for Disney, Bolt is excellent too.
    The above post made a lot more sense in my head.

Epic avatar by Mr. Saturn. Thanks Mr. Saturn!

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a Shill for Disney, Bolt is excellent too.
    Yeah, it was good. Perhaps not Pixar-excellent, but still pretty good. B+ or an A- I say.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh hey, I think I know how the Anakin/Amidala relationship is going to pan out. Annie, in character, tries to seduce Amidala (for the power), and Jim enthusiastically approves, much to the chagrin of the GM and Ben.
    Or not.

11. - Top - End - #311

Quote Originally Posted by Battleship789 View Post
    But then, which cheese would you choose?

12. - Top - End - #312
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elaro View Post
    Oh hey, I think I know how the Anakin/Amidala relationship is going to pan out. Annie, in character, tries to seduce Amidala (for the power), and Jim enthusiastically approves, much to the chagrin of the GM and Ben.
    Yay! Someone is on the topic!
    Hey. Do you want to help make a game?

Due to real life issues, I have been gon without warning for a while. I seem to be back now until further notice.

Thanks to Szilard for the Avatar!

If I am ever wrong, feel free to correct me. Learning is awesomesauce.

I like to edit my posts. A lot. As you may see, most of my posts will be edited, so if one is not, and you care about what I said, you may want to check it again a minute later.

Yes.

13. - Top - End - #313

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    To get this thread back on topic, that "moon destruction" thing starts to make sense now...
    I know. You can start to see how the plot arc for the entire series is going to play out - at least the bits that revolve around moons.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    I know. You can start to see how the plot arc for the entire series is going to play out - at least the bits that revolve around moons.
    Anyone wanna take any bets on whose idea it will be to arm the "moon" to the teeth with Superweapons?

Spoiler
    Show
    Why, yes. This is a Sucker Bet. Thanks for noticing.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2009-02-07 at 10:39 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

15. - Top - End - #315

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Anyone wanna take any bets on whose idea it will be to arm the "moon" to the teeth with Superweapons?
    I'm thinking either the guy who plays R2marysue or Jim's. No one else likes guns as much as those two misguided souls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ooh! Ooh! Senator Amygdala! I mean... Jim.

Oh man, are the PCs going to be Imperials? Or split, as Pete, Ben (as Luke) and Sally (as Han/Chewie) vs Darth Ann and Jim as... uh... well... huh. Okay never mind. Although having Ann on the side of the Empire would provide a good excuse for using Vader's scenes in The Original Trilogy.
    Or not.

17. - Top - End - #317

GnomeWizardGuy

There's also a fair chance that the moon cannon might be one of Sally's ideas to spice up the story.

Whatever happens, I'd be surprised if the idea purely comes from the DM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

The fantasy campaign in which Pete apparently lost his character very early on... does anyone know whether this refers to something that really exists in comic-form, or just something they came up with for these few strips?

Heh. Yes, the exploding moon has gained quite a new meaning.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

well, it seems like someone on this Senate is genre savvy.
    Also, in case anyone cares, putting the moon at first Lagrangian point would put it directly between the planet and the sun, thereby blocking all the sunlight from reaching the planet.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That's no moon, that's a... wait WHAT? How do you even FIT that many weapons stations on the same moon?!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    TOE is from Riceboy and Order of Tales, two webcomics by Evan Dahm that can be found at http://riceboy.jho-tan.com/index.html. TOE is copyright Evan Dahm.

TOE avatar by me, my first use of Inkscape - suggestions to improve are always welcome.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

I bet, that Pete will insist to make the plans for Naboo's new moon. Then in episode IV we will hear "it's not a space station - it's Naboo's moon!" :D
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

22. - Top - End - #322

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    The fantasy campaign in which Pete apparently lost his character very early on... does anyone know whether this refers to something that really exists in comic-form, or just something they came up with for these few strips?
    I think it's just there so that people might speculate that the D&D group is the same as the DMotR group...

23. - Top - End - #323

"What's Penzance?"
    "A religious ceremony."

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Hmmmm.... I think the stage is being set for Sally to take over another character.

I never ever thought I would ever type this but....

Please keep Jar-Jar in the movie strip!!
    On a slightly more serious note, was I the only person who thought that Annie was flirting with Ben (at least slightly) in the last strip? Might be interesting if that bleeds over into the characters of Ben and "Annie".
    Last edited by Porthos; 2009-02-12 at 03:17 PM.

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

25. - Top - End - #325
    Dwarf in the Playground

Are we going in an "I have two daddy's" direction with luke then?

Unless ben keeps obi and annie starts playing luke by that point in the story, and things are still like that, if things become like that.

That would just be weird. And great. but weird.

I honestly have no idea who I'd fit as who for the next generation...
    I had a witty quote, but it was too long, so you get this instead.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Bugbear in the Playground

On a slightly more serious note, was I the only person who thought that Annie was flirting with Ben (at least slightly) in the last strip? Might be interesting if that bleeds over into the characters of Ben and "Annie".
    I was actually just about to post this. I'm getting this weird vibe that Anikin/Padme is going to change into Anikin/Obi-Wan, at least for the players with some of it bleeding over into the characters on accident. Which would be both awkward and hilarious.
    Awesome avatar by potatocubed.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Blinky View Post
    I was actually just about to post this. I'm getting this weird vibe that Anikin/Padme is going to change into Anikin/Obi-Wan, at least for the players with some of it bleeding over into the characters on accident. Which would be both awkward and hilarious.
    Well if one wants to read the previous strip in a certain way, there does seem to be a bit of UST in the body language of Obi-Wan and Anakin.

Anyway, extrapolating waaaaay ahead of time, if the Ben/Annie ship sails true (ugh, I can't believe I just wrote that ) it will put the fight at the end of RotS in a whole new light.

Hmmm. Lovers Falling Out (IC or OOC, it really wouldn't matter IMO) leading to an epic snark-filled fight scene? Might have to put a few quatloos on that possibility.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2009-02-12 at 05:06 PM.

28. - Top - End - #328

"I died and lost my beard"

between this and the peace moon, the movie is getting more and more sense.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

What are they going to do with Sally, I wonder?

Will she quit? Take C-3P0?
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    What are they going to do with Sally, I wonder?

Will she quit? Take C-3P0?
    Quote Originally Posted by Me, on previous page View Post
    Though, considering what a small role Jar-Jar plays in Episode 2 and 3, I fully expect her to say that Jar-Jar is not cool enough, or something like that, and decide to play a new character, within the next few strips.
    And that's what I am still thinking, albeit with a slightly more stretched definition of "next few strips" (I had forgotten how long this initial sequence which still features Jar-Jar frequently takes).
    Last edited by Winterwind; 2009-02-19 at 02:42 PM.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll