New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Goblins XVIII: Being yourself can be dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Yea the division between the two feels more like Eli wanted to keep the NSFW stuff in it's own corner more then she was that determined to keep the streams totally separate in general. Also

This sums up everything and all of it.
    It's also the case that Elli Herself started the goblins discussion thread, not without mentioning Personal Details like how she is treading water finacially with her Kids on her shoulders.

We also routinely talk about the authors whithin the context of their works. The idea that we shouldn't is wild to me. I cringe at naming elli in the same breath, but can you talk about the Catcher in the rye without talking about Salinger? About Lotr without Tolkien? Sword in the stone and TS White. Martin and Rothfuß not to mention.
    Last edited by Daywalker1983; 2022-01-28 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Typos, holy ****, typos

2. - Top - End - #932
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

So she is sort of broadcasting it quite literally to the public. I agree with you in general that this is a huge nothingburger of a complaint (since I don't see any actual evidence or implication that Eli is cheating or abusing her wife because if she was that would be totally fair game to at least talk about and discuss) but saying it's a violation of privacy when she really explicitly is not keeping much of anything private feels like a stretch.
    Wonder how her Kids feel about that Twitter. I have an online Persona and a Kid, too. And i try to Do nothing which would harm my Kid. This is not about elli personally, but content like hers should be behind age Verifikation. Since it's not and she is putting it out there, it's in no way at all private. You go on Twitter to be talked about. It would not work otherwise. And of course it's relevant to the Comic. Every author ever had his Personal circumstances Analysed with regard to their work.
    Hi everyone. Follow s-writing.blogspot.com. Learn to start writing, and also about the legendary King Arthur!

3. - Top - End - #933
    Pirate in the Playground Moderator

PirateWench

Modly Roger:

Please do not continue to discuss what topics are allowed/appropriate on this forum or in this thread. If anyone is concerned that a post is contrary to our rules, please report it.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Titan in the Playground

With that said, i think I'm going to officially abandon this thread for good. This place has just gotten too hot for me. Best wishes to anyone who remains, but I'm out.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #935
    Firbolg in the Playground

The first page of the year is up. https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-1-2022
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

6. - Top - End - #936
    Colossus in the Playground

That was interesting, ears and minmax should hang out more.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #937
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    That was interesting, ears and minmax should hang out more.
    I got the same thought. :)
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

I think the Angel thing is a bit cringy.
    Hi everyone. Follow s-writing.blogspot.com. Learn to start writing, and also about the legendary King Arthur!

9. - Top - End - #939
    Troll in the Playground

I mean, a gargoyle's disembodies soul trapped in a screaming face pried from the flesh of the abomination that devoured it hitting on Big Ears is kind of just part for the course in this comic.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, a gargoyle's disembodies soul trapped in a screaming face pried from the flesh of the abomination that devoured it hitting on Big Ears is kind of just part for the course in this comic.
    I mean, Big Ears is part angel now, the gargoyle isn't necessarily hitting on him.

Yet. I'm sure it'll be confirmed on a month or two.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I mean, even knowing the "angel" thing's entirely literal and Big Ears is just using the gargoyle's name, those two are definitely flirting.

Also, "I literally can't see what you're doing." and "Don't do that." work great together.
    Had a hunch indeed. Those two are so a couple...
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

12. - Top - End - #942

To be honest, if I ever met a disembodied soul trapped in the ripped scalp of a cursed zombie paladin and it had such a mellifluous tone, I'd immediately assume it's a bad guy in disguise, biding its time to betray us.

I wonder if it's going to be Klik 2.0: not fully human, but unwaveringly loyal and useful. Klik however joined Dies in a moment of extreme tension and saved his life twice the same day. This guy is just starting to be useful, after almost two years since he joined the party.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

13. - Top - End - #943
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    To be honest, if I ever met a disembodied soul trapped in the ripped scalp of a cursed zombie paladin and it had such a mellifluous tone, I'd immediately assume it's a bad guy in disguise, biding its time to betray us.

I wonder if it's going to be Klik 2.0: not fully human, but unwaveringly loyal and useful. Klik however joined Dies in a moment of extreme tension and saved his life twice the same day. This guy is just starting to be useful, after almost two years since he joined the party.
    Well, it's still the same day though isn't it? It's not the character's fault that the pacing is awful. My personal belief is that this character was inserted into the story with the sole purpose of giving Ears a boyfriend. They're more useful in a characterization sense than a practical one.

I also find the angel thing to be cringe, but people use cringe inducing pet names for each other all the time, and Elli has never been great at writing dialogue anyway.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2022-02-04 at 10:02 PM.

14. - Top - End - #944

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Well, it's still the same day though isn't it? It's not the character's fault that the pacing is awful. My personal belief is that this character was inserted into the story with the sole purpose of giving Ears a boyfriend. They're more useful in a characterization sense than a practical one.
    I just thought of the practical application of a disembodied head as Ears's boyfriend, and I can't stop laughing at the scene.

Add to this the weirdness factor of it being Kore's body.

15. - Top - End - #945

I just thought of the practical application of a disembodied head as Ears's boyfriend, and I can't stop laughing at the scene.

Add to this the weirdness factor of it being Kore's body.
    Are you saying that they shouldn't go ahead with that relationship? That there are a number of troublesome issues they would have to face?
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

16. - Top - End - #946

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Are you saying that they shouldn't go ahead with that relationship? That there are a number of troublesome issues they would have to face?
    I think that, if they went ahead, then Ears would likely have his hands full.

17. - Top - End - #947

I think that, if they went ahead, then Ears would likely have his hands full.
    Are you implying they wouldn't stand on equal footing? Certainly it'd be hard for them to see eyes to eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

18. - Top - End - #948
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alright, good thing I didn't bother looking at this thread after making my previous post until now.

If you don't think it's a big deal, then fine. I do. For all my complaints, I've been a consistent reader of this comic since the end of book 1, and even spent some money on it, which I almost never do. I was extremely bothered by the removal of the Tempts Fate comics, and these recent actions leave me soured to the point where I have no interest in reading the new update.

That's new. That is absolutely a new thing for me. After giving this a lot of thought, I've decided to delete Goblins from my reading list. Maybe this will be my last post in this thread as well. Certainly, I have no interest in talking about the comic anymore, so that only leaves me talking about Elli, herself.

I criticize where I feel it's due, but I also am willing to give praise. I've been willing to give praise for the updates every 2 weeks that lasted for much longer than I ever expected. I fully expected the updates to slow down within 3 months, but it kept going for quite awhile. If the mega trailers had been released to the public, I would have also given that some credit as well. I also was willing to defend Elli, and even apologize when I felt I needed to. I made a post back in the day when Elli replied to me in in a previous version of the thread. I don't remember the exact details, but I do recall saying "I don't hate you" at the time, because I didn't.

As for the criticism that the "private" twitter should not be talked about, all I should need to point out that there used to be an update on the comic, asking for a lot of money for face surgery. I was the one that announced it here that the surgery was finished. I found out about this from Elli's trans twitter account. Regardless, you certainly would not be able to find out about what happened on Goblins, because she deleted the post after she got the money she asked for. Thanking people, and telling them how the money was spent, doesn't seem to be her thing anymore.

I am pretty sure that is the incident that got me to start checking her trans profile. Feel free to correct me though. Most of it is not relevant, so I don't talk about it, even though there were a number of things that honestly bothered me.

An example of when I did talk about her tweets is when I learned about Elli attacking Scarlett Johansson for trying to play an LGBT character. Meanwhile, Elli hired a straight actor to play Big Ears for the trailer, and the reason for the entire casting was so that bigger names could help promote it. Which is exactly what why Scarlett was hired for the lead role in the first place, and why the movie was scrubbed when she left the role due to the criticism, because no one wanted to have the lead be played by an unknown.

There is also the fact that the "private" twitter is linked on the comic twitter. Is there any real separation between the two when the profile of each links to each other? Plus, there are occasional trans posts on the comic twitter, so it's not like there is some perfect separation going on. Elli has consistently posted her private life to the public, we had to listen about many personal things, and this is literally the first time I have EVER heard anyone saying that all these things she puts out there on social media isn't fair game. So, to me, it just seems using the argument now is just trying to smother criticism.

Whatever, I'll just complain somewhere else.
    Last edited by tomaO2; 2022-02-08 at 03:21 AM.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Colossus in the Playground

As I said once before, toma, you have a habit of mixing and matching legitimate criticisms ("Elli bashed another movie for doing exactly what she did for her own trailer, hypocrisy") with "yeargh this isn't what I think of as normal" (in this case, "She had sex with someone else while being married? That's cheating! No I don't care if her wife thinks so!") complaints.
    Last edited by Kish; 2022-02-08 at 12:39 PM.

20. - Top - End - #950

I couldn't help but think of Forgath talking about rocks when reading this new Lackadaisy minicomic.

http://lackadaisy.com/exhibit.php?exhibitid=544

https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/11142015-2

21. - Top - End - #951
    Troll in the Playground

I couldn't help but think of Forgath talking about rocks when reading this new Lackadaisy minicomic.

That's a comic I haven't thought about in forever. Did the pace up updates ever pick up?
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

22. - Top - End - #952

That's a comic I haven't thought about in forever. Did the pace up updates ever pick up?
    Not really, but they're doing...

...*trumpets and fanfare*...

an animated short film! Which I really want to watch.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks for reminding me of Lackadaisy - almost forgotten about it. :)
    Last edited by Radar; 2022-02-09 at 12:33 PM.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Bugbear in the Playground

New page.

I somehow remember something about MM saying the Magic axe obviously wasn't for Ears since he already broke one
    Posting from France
    Sorry for my accent.

Thanks to neoseph7 for my avatar (Allen Walker from D.Gray-Man)

25. - Top - End - #955
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Quild View Post
    New page.

I somehow remember something about MM saying the Magic axe obviously wasn't for Ears since he already broke one
    Well, Int usually is a safe dump stat for paladins.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

26. - Top - End - #956
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Well, Looks a like all those overpowered magical items are about to be purged. Bad news for magical limbs, too, i guess.

Another artificial hurdle in this dumbgeon.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daywalker1983 View Post
    Well, Looks a like all those overpowered magical items are about to be purged. Bad news for magical limbs, too, i guess.

Another artificial hurdle in this dumbgeon.
    Knowing what the trap does, I doubt they will simply walk into it now.
    Also I suspect the coloured rectangles on the wall can change what is ffzworped.
    Posting from France
    Sorry for my accent.

Thanks to neoseph7 for my avatar (Allen Walker from D.Gray-Man)

28. - Top - End - #958
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    I mean, Big Ears is part angel now, the gargoyle isn't necessarily hitting on him.

Yet. I'm sure it'll be confirmed on a month or two.
    Spoiler: Gargoyle Spoilers from Twitter
    Show
    https://twitter.com/ellipsisgoblins/status/1244384997076688897 We know the gargoyle is going to get a new body because we've already seen it. Also, although I can't find the tweet, I'm pretty sure it was stated that they're A: asexual and b: a love interest for Ears. They're also apparently the first character added to the story since it was all planned out back in the mists of time.

Edit: Also I hate this comic. Ears has never been that bright compared to some of the goblins, but this is MinMax levels of dumb.
    Last edited by Steven; 2022-03-02 at 12:27 AM.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Troll in the Playground

There is a real logic to it, using something enchanted and presumably not as easy to just destroy as something normal would be. And ultimately it may have saved more items then it lost since a false positive with the rocks could have destroyed so much more.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    this is MinMax levels of dumb.
    Minmax would have tried to throw his sword through and then got in an argument with his future self for taking his sword again.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1