New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Goblins XVIII: Being yourself can be dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    And then it struck me. The whole male population of the tribe has been wiped out. The men must get back to repopulate. And the men are Ears, who is gay; Vorpal, who is asexual; Thaco, who is impotent; and Complains, who is a short-tempered barbarian-demon.

Oh boy, the tribe is in for some fun time.
    Let's not forget mr. Horribly. Which reminds me, is he aware the camp was wiped?

I sure recall he didn't seem to particularly enjoy his time in the war camp, but even then, if his motivations are the same as the other survivors, I expect him to either travel to the war camp, or if he's aware of its current operational state, go straight for the village.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BaronOfHell View Post
    Let's not forget mr. Horribly. Which reminds me, is he aware the camp was wiped?
    Duv tried to make him chief, which means he thinks the camp was even more wiped than it was
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Thaco is Impotent?
    Hi everyone. Follow s-writing.blogspot.com. Learn to start writing, and also about the legendary King Arthur!

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daywalker1983 View Post
    Thaco is Impotent?
    I think that's a reference to the pillar of lust. I'd interpret that not as impotence but as lack of sex drive, but it probably comes down to the same effect.
    Last edited by Morgaln; 2022-08-10 at 02:59 AM.
    What did the monk say to his dinner?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Out of the frying pan and into the friar!

How would you describe a knife?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cutting-edge technology

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaln View Post
    I think that's a reference to the pillar of lust. I'd interpret that not as impotence but as lack of sex drive, but it probably comes down to the same effect.
    By far the best part of the page is that Big Ear's sexuality is past over to focus on Complains's fetish.

And Thaco's words do imply it's a loss of libido, not physical ability.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2022-08-10 at 05:34 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    By far the best part of the page is that Big Ear's sexuality is past over to focus on Complains's fetish.

And Thaco's words do imply it's a loss of libido, not physical ability.
    ...which I find pretty demeaning the way it is shown here. Considering how he fights i find it Strange to consider him done with Lust and Sex. Plenty of life still in him.
    Hi everyone. Follow s-writing.blogspot.com. Learn to start writing, and also about the legendary King Arthur!

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

...which I find pretty demeaning the way it is shown here. Considering how he fights i find it Strange to consider him done with Lust and Sex. Plenty of life still in him.
    It may or may not be intentional, but Thaco's physical condition compared to the old pages has improved dramatically once he took monk levels. Which is to say, its a recent development.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    It may or may not be intentional, but Thaco's physical condition compared to the old pages has improved dramatically once he took monk levels. Which is to say, its a recent development.
    Yes, that's true... I just typed an incredibly snarky reply, not to you, but concerning the writing. I sighed and deleted it, but sometimes i feel this Comic is just horrible all around.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomePirate

Maybe if he takes a couple more monk levels he'll be horny again, too!

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murk View Post
    Monk levels increasing libido seems counter-intuitive.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murk View Post
    I mean, it is considered a legitimate method of developing ki

It's also feasible that Thaco is actually demi or something else,and he's jumping to conclusions when the pillar shows nothing for him.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ogre in the Playground

It's also feasible that Thaco is actually demi or something else,and he's jumping to conclusions when the pillar shows nothing for him.
    I would be pretty shocked if the authorial intent was that people don't know their own sexual preferences, and he just guessed wrong.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    I don't think the whole adult male population of the Cryptic Fall was at the warcamp. And even if so, the tribe probably has children already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie the Duck View Post
    Yeah, I didn't get that impression either. Wasn't there all sorts of different warcamps around the tribe's territory, and isn't their point to draw enemies to them instead of the village (meaning their society is set up with the expectation that the warcamp might get wiped out)?

Mind you, the idea might be 'not all of the warcamps will get wiped out,' and that might not be the case this time.
    If there are multiple warcamps existing at the same time, I don't recall any mention of them, although it would make a lot of sense.

A problem in general is that we don't know much about how Goblins live. We got a pretty good look at life at the warcamp, but we don't know anything about the village. This is also important when it comes to how the Goblins would recover from such a massive loss of life. For example, do they normally bear multiple children at once? How long do they need to reach maturity? How long does pregnancy last? How do familial relationships work? None of the members of the GAP ever mentioned brothers or sisters, nor immigration from other tribes.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

14. - Top - End - #1244

Quote Originally Posted by BaronOfHell View Post

I sure recall he didn't seem to particularly enjoy his time in the war camp, but even then, if his motivations are the same as the other survivors, I expect him to either travel to the war camp, or if he's aware of its current operational state, go straight for the village.
    In a "we need to repopulate our clan" scenario, it is Ears who will need to go straight for the village.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

15. - Top - End - #1245

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    In a "we need to repopulate our clan" scenario, it is Ears who will need to go straight for the village.
    I can imagine his spirit of self-sacrifice being very useful for the clan.

"Ears, I can't believe you banged Lacks Hygiene! Why did you do it?"

"So others don't have to."
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Titan in the Playground

I can imagine his spirit of self-sacrifice being very useful for the clan.

"Ears, I can't believe you banged Lacks Hygiene! Why did you do it?"

"So others don't have to."
    The thing is, in my mind, Lacks Hygiene is male. Which honestly just makes it funnier.

Show

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

https://mobile.twitter.com/EllipsisG...84377148329984

Of course she didnt get a tablet. Of course there is a son Story and a promise for faster Updates... And people comforting her, saying it's okay.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Titan in the Playground

Of course she didnt get a tablet. Of course there is a son Story and a promise for faster Updates... And people comforting her, saying it's okay.
    Yeah, at this point I'm kind of not interested in the reasons. The patron is apparently charging per page rather than per month and so, let's be honest, a faster update schedule in the first place would have given them the money for all of this. At this point I'm just waiting for the second GoFundMe when her tablet finally does and updates stop for at least six months.

Show

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ogre in the Playground

Fool me once...

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I think the moral of this story is that choosing to be a starving artist with a lifestyle and/or conditions that result in significant expenses is a bad life choice.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Orc in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Yeah, at this point I'm kind of not interested in the reasons. The patron is apparently charging per page rather than per month and so, let's be honest, a faster update schedule in the first place would have given them the money for all of this. At this point I'm just waiting for the second GoFundMe when her tablet finally does and updates stop for at least six months.
    When the paratextual stuff happening around the comic is more interesting than the actual comic, it's probably time to stop reading.

Yes, this is directed at me as much as anything.
    "But it always seemed weird to me to get mad about things going wrong, as if everything turning out OK was promised to anyone, ever. There wouldn't need to be paladins if the world was, like, fair." -Lien

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    Howard Johnson Dame_Mechanus is right
    I get to be a favorite today!

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah yes "I wanted to get the tablet, but I needed the money for something else, sorry"... Why does this feel like classic Ellie?

Also, I notice how their clothes dryer was broken for months, but the moment the washing machine broke down, they absolutely had to get a new one...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

23. - Top - End - #1253

Looool...

I have to say, however, that the idea of printing books wouldn't be that bad. Nowadays, one can just use Kickstarter to have people book a copy. It means not having to deal with the danger of unsold copies, and you don't even have to advance money, since you use what the backers give you. In this case, I think rewards would be unnecessary (how long has it been since a Goblins book was available?), and, the more people sign in, the lesser the cost of printing each copy. Make sure you have a profit margin on the per copy cost, specify that postage will be paid by backers, and add a higher cost tier for signed copies, and you have some good money on your hands.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Titan in the Playground

I think the moral of this story is that choosing to be a starving artist with a lifestyle and/or conditions that result in significant expenses is a bad life choice.
    I think there should be a second moral to go along with that: you can't make money from your art if you're not creating art

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    Ah yes "I wanted to get the tablet, but I needed the money for something else, sorry"... Why does this feel like classic Ellie?

Also, I notice how their clothes dryer was broken for months, but the moment the washing machine broke down, they absolutely had to get a new one...
    Clothes dryers are significantly more of a luxury than washers, so if you've got the space to hang up clothes I can see leaving it for over half a year. But yeah, it does feel like once the washing machine broke they took the excuse of 'well if we have to replace one anyway...'

Show

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ogre in the Playground

Looool...

I have to say, however, that the idea of printing books wouldn't be that bad. Nowadays, one can just use Kickstarter to have people book a copy. It means not having to deal with the danger of unsold copies, and you don't even have to advance money, since you use what the backers give you. In this case, I think rewards would be unnecessary (how long has it been since a Goblins book was available?), and, the more people sign in, the lesser the cost of printing each copy. Make sure you have a profit margin on the per copy cost, specify that postage will be paid by backers, and add a higher cost tier for signed copies, and you have some good money on your hands.
    But that requires effort. Posting a sad story on Twitter is much easier. Even moreso if you have a Gofundme going already...

Clothes dryers are significantly more of a luxury than washers, so if you've got the space to hang up clothes I can see leaving it for over half a year. But yeah, it does feel like once the washing machine broke they took the excuse of 'well if we have to replace one anyway...'
    Arguably, if you constantly have money issues and - apparently - have some room to dry clothes, you could consider skipping the dryer. Saves both the upfront cost and electricity ;)
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2022-08-12 at 12:43 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1256

But that requires effort. Posting a sad story on Twitter is much easier. Even moreso if you have a Gofundme going already...
    Yep, I see a large influx of donations after the tweet. 500 CAD + a large single donation of 1,300 CAD.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground

Yep, I see a large influx of donations after the tweet. 500 CAD + a large single donation of 1,300 CAD.
    Well, I certainly can be throwing away money on random crap, but this is a whole other level...
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2022-08-12 at 02:21 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Troll in the Playground

I used to give Ellipsis money, I even knew it was getting used for various home things because she was honest about what she needed it for whether it was for the comic or just **** she needed. Not anymore, on both counts.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Titan in the Playground

Did she ever get the laser hair removal? I don't care about her transition beyond 'I know people gave her money for this, did she just spend it on a new oven?' but it would still be nice to know.

Show

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

I have a Hard time seeing her as an artist nowadays. She has become an Online personality giving away nude pictures on her second Twitter while being years to late to Blog about it on geocities. I guess we will soon See an Onlyfans Pop up and her attention seeking has come full circle.