New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Game Day '07, anyone going?

Just wondering who's going to DnD Gameday '07. Personally, I've landed myself in the DM's chair this year for a store near my home. If you're going say where you're attending and what you're doing there (playing or DMing).

Me: Downtown Comics; Indianapolis IN. Dungeon Master.
    Last edited by Gerrtt; 2007-11-01 at 06:59 PM.
    What I do every time I see someone complain that their DM is a jerk just because some class/race/book/feat/etc. is not allowed at the gaming table.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Game Day '07, anyone going?

Due to the lack of a nearby store, I am running a one-shot version of Pathfinder gaming at my college's gaming club. I know one or two of my friends are going back at home (instead of fall prom *snicker*).

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

The Toy Wiz where the group I DM meets. I've basically commanded my entire gaming group to be there. My first DM is running the game...so it should be interesting as we haven't exchanged more then ten words in the last two years or so.
    Life is a gamble, roll the dice. If your life is like cards, rig the deck.

"Boy, sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don'tchya think?" -Jayne
    Greatest number of kills In Valhalla Round 1 with Hsams Goht

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tataraus View Post
    Due to the lack of a nearby store, I am running a one-shot version of Pathfinder gaming at my college's gaming club. I know one or two of my friends are going back at home (instead of fall prom *snicker*).
    hey, shut up. i think they did that on purpose so that nerds have something to do that day, and dont cry themselves to sleep like they used to have to. sorry if i offended any nerds who actually do have social plans, btw.

5. - Top - End - #5

Wow....I'm going to sound retarded...but....Game day?

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give

"There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wizards gives out packets to various groups (mostly gaming shops) to run a premade adventure, with special minis and things given to participants. Happens every year around this time.

I'm afraid I won't be able to attend this year, which is a pity. I had a great time at last year's (though the adventure was wretched, and the premade characters awful), and met some nice people. Unfortunately, my recruiter needs me to help him out at an air show. Gotta do my duty.
    I am a poor man, some say I’m half crazy,
    son of the sword and the knife
    Lady I pledge you my sword and my honor,
    my heart and my pride and my life
    --Bella Doña, by Joe Bethancourt
    Spoiler
    Show

Alas, poor Draknir. By Mephibosheth

Owl-atar by KingGolem
    You will be missed, dear 'stache...

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    Wizards gives out packets to various groups (mostly gaming shops) to run a premade adventure, with special minis and things given to participants. Happens every year around this time.

I'm afraid I won't be able to attend this year, which is a pity. I had a great time at last year's (though the adventure was wretched, and the premade characters awful), and met some nice people. Unfortunately, my recruiter needs me to help him out at an air show. Gotta do my duty.
    heh, me and lord tartaraus went together last year with some other friends... i think we should have him tell you how THAT went.

8. - Top - End - #8

Wretched and awful are understatements...

There's little to no way that final fight could be won as far as I saw it, not with those characters. I mean come on, a Pally with 11 charisma? What's the point?!
    What I do every time I see someone complain that their DM is a jerk just because some class/race/book/feat/etc. is not allowed at the gaming table.

9. - Top - End - #9

My group managed it, but only because the DM let us rest up before the fight, and allowed me to redo my spell list. He also changed the DCs on the traps to give the rogue a chance to be useful.
    I am a poor man, some say I’m half crazy,
    son of the sword and the knife
    Lady I pledge you my sword and my honor,
    my heart and my pride and my life
    --Bella Doña, by Joe Bethancourt
    Spoiler
    Show

Alas, poor Draknir. By Mephibosheth

Owl-atar by KingGolem
    You will be missed, dear 'stache...

10. - Top - End - #10

My DM was not so polite. We basically went in to the fight right before it with only 3/5ths of the party. The Ranger, the Rogue, and the Cleric (me) and the Wizard and his magma hurling friend killed us (curse you sleep). We didn't even get to the freaking Hell Cat.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Sadly, two of the people from my regular group had to cancel (debate tourney ). Still, I'm going, just for the heck of it. And one of the other guys in my group works there!

Gryphon's Games and Comics. Fort Collins, CO. Player.

(probably gonna go with the dwarven paladin...personally, I just can't RP cross-gender, and the other two male characters just aren't that optimized...I mean, 2 levels of rogue? With throwing axes? Ugh! )
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2007-11-01 at 10:01 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Dude that rogue is awesome! Yeah, he's not optimized for sneak attacks, but he's actually pretty good. That sorcerer though...shudder. The throwing axes thing is actually a good move for him, cause he's got a good dex and he gets a bonus to throwing weapons and he can throw two at once and he's got the feats to make him good at it (PBS, Precise).

And regarding gender, you don't have to play as a girl if you don't want to.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nobodylovesyou4 View Post
    heh, me and lord tartaraus went together last year with some other friends... i think we should have him tell you how THAT went.
    Ill tell them. The (mostly good alighned)party was staying at a monastery. Late into the night, the monastery came under attack. No group had beaten this premade campaign yet. We did...because we just said "screw it" and waked away.

To keep from boredom, we came back after a while and I got knocked out by a couple of undead controlled by some d-bag wizard while Nobodylovesyou4 cast invisibility and ran.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PirateJesus View Post
    Ill tell them. The (mostly good alighned)party was staying at a monastery. Late into the night, the monastery came under attack. No group had beaten this premade campaign yet. We did...because we just said "screw it" and waked away.

To keep from boredom, we came back after a while and I got knocked out by a couple of undead controlled by some d-bag wizard while Nobodylovesyou4 cast invisibility and ran.
    ..and you froze to death and my paladin became a blackguard

But yay, that game was sad. the DM was an a******* which I rarely use to describe people, but he just pissed me off. So basically, I survived the fight by joining the enemy and nobodylovesyou ran. It kind of sucked, but we got to keep all the dungeon titles, the map, the adventure booklet and all the miniatures That was awesome.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Happens every year around this time.
    Yep. And it always happens to be the one weekend within a few weeks both before and after that I have to do something. Every single year.
    The Playgrounder Formerly Known as rtg0922

Homebrew:
    "Themes of Ansalon" - A 4E Dragonlance Supplement
    Homebrew Compendium

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rtg0922 View Post
    Yep. And it always happens to be the one weekend within a few weeks both before and after that I have to do something. Every single year.
    Hehe, just like it is always the exact same day as fall prom for my old highschool. Of course my friends are all losers and I have personal reasons and beliefs that prevent from going, so it all works out

And we weren't the only ones...

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Hehe, just like it is always the exact same day as fall prom for my old highschool. Of course my friends are all losers and I have personal reasons and beliefs that prevent from going, so it all works out

And we weren't the only ones...
    by "personal reasons" you mean you cant get a date?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

I'm going to the event at London Dungeon. Could be interesting.
    Many thanks to JasonDoomsblade for the avatar.

Well done. You found this secret part of my signature. Does it make you feel like a big man?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

soo is it too late to sign up and if not how do you? cause theres a game shop up the street that is basicly run by some friends of mine and i would think they would be interested.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Firbolg in the Playground

Planetar

Our group tried to sign up for the one at the London Dungeon, but it was already booked out. Pity. Tell us how it went. :)

- Saph
    I'm the author of the Alex Verus series of urban fantasy novels. Fated is the first, and the final book in the series, Risen, is out as of December 2021. For updates, check my blog!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherMick View Post
    soo is it too late to sign up and if not how do you? cause theres a game shop up the street that is basicly run by some friends of mine and i would think they would be interested.
    You mean too late for the store to sign up? Yes, I'm sure it is. If you're wondering if its too late for you to sign up, it depends on the store.

@ Nobodylovesyou: I've explained this to Will, but you wouldn't understand, so in short: no, that's not why.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    Our group tried to sign up for the one at the London Dungeon, but it was already booked out. Pity. Tell us how it went. :)

- Saph
    How late did you leave it? We got 10 tickets on Monday.
    Many thanks to JasonDoomsblade for the avatar.

Well done. You found this secret part of my signature. Does it make you feel like a big man?

23. - Top - End - #23

If there's a store running the event near you I would go ahead and stop in if you want to go. At the very least you will be able to check out the adventure, sign up for the RPGA, maybe even get a little free stuff (depending on how cool the people running the store are).

Now, if a store isn't already running the event, it is too late for them to sign up and get the kit. A list of stores running the event can be found here.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Firbolg in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Overlard View Post
    How late did you leave it? We got 10 tickets on Monday.
    That's odd. Two different groups from our meetup applied two or three weeks ago, and were told it was booked out.

- Saph
    I'm the author of the Alex Verus series of urban fantasy novels. Fated is the first, and the final book in the series, Risen, is out as of December 2021. For updates, check my blog!

25. - Top - End - #25

No stores near me...

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

By accident I found an RPG group in Edinburgh and I'll be going to my first ever game tomorrow. Wheee!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

I'm celebrating it definitely. The local game store will be hosting a one-shot DnD event both for veterans and to introduce newbies to the game. My friend will be the DM and I plan to go play.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

You mean too late for the store to sign up? Yes, I'm sure it is. If you're wondering if its too late for you to sign up, it depends on the store.

@ Nobodylovesyou: I've explained this to Will, but you wouldn't understand, so in short: no, that's not why.
    Is it because you cant get a date and the fact that you're a few hundred miles away?
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

I'm going to a Halloween Party in Reigate instead... I'm going with my old Dungeons & Dragons group, though. We did consider applying for tickets to attend the London Dungeon thingy, but decided against it in the end.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

30. - Top - End - #30
    Halfling in the Playground

RangerGuy

So I went today, and had a great time. I only wish I had signed up to DM it somewhere or something, but I didn't. Then i'd have a set of minis and the like to bring home with me. Either way, the game was a lot of fun. Perhaps next year I'll arrange to run a game or something.

What did everyone else think of the game?