New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Spooktober 2020: How is babby feared

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Girls Times Four]

"We decided that it doesn't count if someone else moves the bags but this was all on my turn," Khannie insists. "It should definitely count. It might have even fallen in all on its own even IF I didn't hit it! It was SUPER close."

Khannie plans to die on this hill!

Then she starts at a sudden scream nearby!

There are some weird ghosts bugging that dragon guy over there. Since everything SEEMS to be fine she turns her attention back to the board.

"I think it's a good rule. You add up your points at the END of your turn. At the end of MY turn there were three bags in the hole and one on the wood. That way if one of your bags is near the hole you can use your other throws to try to make it go in! It makes the game more skillful."

Definitely more skillful.

Has nothing to do with Khannie wanting to win.

"And if that's the rule it means anyone else can do it, too."
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Girls Times Four

"I... guess that does make sense. I suppose you've convinced me, Khannie. We'll count your points based on where the bags are at the end of your turn, on the wood, in the hole or on the floor." So if you knock your own bag off the board and not through the hole, you lose points.

"You don't like your aunt. Huh." Cheasadh likes Reelshka and all the other aunts she gained since she was adopted, and didn't know any of her parent's siblings before they died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Girls Times Four]

Brinika's ears twitch.

"Yeah, it's like that game I once saw. Where you throw metal balls in a flat surface and you try to have the one closest to the target. So you can push yours closer or other players' away. But we won't be doing the second thing." She glances over at Anika. It does seem like Natharia doesn't like her. But it's probably not their business. Even if she does also find it weird. "It's your turn to throw now, Cheasadh."
    Girls times Four

"Oh! Right, I'll get on that." Cheasadh gathers her bags and throws them. The first hits the board, and sticks to it. The second lands in the hole, hitting so square it doesn't even brush the edges. The third is a miss, Cheasadh got overconfident and threw too hard. The final throw is also through the hole, but it thuds against the side as it does.
    [Girls Times Four]

Natharia glances at her auntie again. "Eh... she can be kind of a jerk I guess." She says noncommittally. She didn't realize she was that readable. That's a bit awkward to dwell on, though, so the gorgon steps up to make her throws. Her first throw goes way over. She puffs a breath out through her nose and focuses harder for the others. The next two land on the board, and the last one goes just over the hole and almost slides back down into the hole. "Dangit."

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Sisters and Non-Sisters]

Don't worry, Blanche. Anika will soon let them both go.

As she does Shanti discreetly starts to distance herself from Anika and Blanche as Lapis starts to talk about 'you guys'. She had no desire to take part in all this tomfoolery. She had her own child to keep an eye on at the moment.

"Hold on, you're a ally to Cora then? Or are you her partner or something? This is important if we're all supposed to face off in battle." A beat. "Also, we might need the permission from your mom or something. I know C-command would, uh, be unhappy if I just fought Cora on-screen." Anika couldn't even recall seeing either of Lapis parents. They must be really busy with... stuff.

"I've never tried acting before, I don't think," Lapis admits. "Unless being a tree counts?"

Does being a tree count as acting? She WAS pretending to be a normal tree to fool the Boss Bird.

"I guess I could ask my mom she's over there wearing that big green hat," Lapis says, pointing at Zee who's just standing near the sidelines and seems to be having a fun time watching the goings on. Isn't that the lady from that park who was beating up those goblins that time Anika bear-bombed a bathroom? Lapis looks like she's going to say something else but then there's a VERY manly scream!

Lapis' eyes immediately focus on the scene and-!

She gasps and points!

"That's the Boss Ghost!" she stage-whispers. "The one from VIGIL last year that turned Commander Wenomir into a lady and turned me into a sheep!"

Sisters and Non-Sisters

"Uh, maybe?-" Blanche really feels out of her depth in this discussion, despite being technically the most veteran of the group in film. Thankfully, the topic seems to change and save her from having to actually continue.

Blanche's gaze snaps over to where Lapis indicates in confusion, recognizing the creature she indicates slightly. She turns to look at Anika, unsure what to do. "Er... are... Are we supposed to do anything about that?" They're not exactly police, and besides, "Two VIGIL members disrupt Spooktober Party" might not be a great thing.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Witch and Deer]

"Kind of spooky yeah," Dandelion replies with a nod. "But I'm thinking these parties don't allow any violence. If something like that DID happen then everyone would be pretty chill about it. Don't think there's anything to worry about there, dude."

Now that she's given out treats to her siblings Dandelion settles down near the snack table and pulls out her last brownie.

She's going to eat two and no one can stop her.

"So what sorta stuff do you do, dude? When you aren't dressing up as a witch."

Probably something cool.

Most people in the Nexus that she's stopped to talk with do cool things. It's probably because Dandelion attracts similar levels of coolness.

[Witch, Vampire, Ness]

"Haha, I can see why fantasy would be hard to swallow for someone already accustomed to magic. It's really obvious when someone doesn't know what they're talking about. I guess they can be forgiven, though, since in some worlds magic isn't real so they just come up with whatever they think sounds interesting," Lucas replies with a laugh. "I really like science fiction, too. The 'hard science fiction' sort. Honestly I think a world without magic and faeries and things might be a nice world to live in. Then you don't have to worry about kids getting stolen out of their rooms by hags."

You wouldn't know anything about that, would you Lucas?

[Girls Times Four]

"Oh, those were really good throws, Cheasadh," Khannie says as the gnome finishes up her throws. "It's Brinika's turn next. If I do really good next round I might have enough for twenty one points!"

No doubt fate will conspire to make her miss the board three times in a row on her next turn.

"Hey Natharia next time throwing them underhand like this," Khannie suggests, making an underhand throwing motion. "That way if you throw them below the hole they slide a little further."

Khannie is keeping an eye on that pokemon that showed up, too. She doesn't recognize them, are they just here for the party?
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2020-11-09 at 10:18 AM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Orc in the Playground

Girls Times Four

"It's harder to throw past it if you go underarm, but there's less power. That doesn't really matter for stuff like this, though." And there are ways to give it more power, I think. But Earl doesn't know how to do it.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #365
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Adir 'n Babs]

Hector pads behind Adir, glancing up at the stag and his fawn.
    "Foxy." he corrects Laurie.
    Gosh, Adir, have you not taught your children proper animal identification?

Hector has a sinking feeling that he knows where this is going. But maybe he can handle one excited toddler.
    [Adir n' Babs]

"Kitty!" Laurie exclaims. Adir gets to the table and sets the girl down so he can get some things for Hector. The little girl toddles up to him almost immediately, her hooves making little taps. "You can talk? How come you can talk?" She can sometimes get a sense of what some kitties and other things are thinking or how they're feeling, and it's a little like talking, but none of them use words like Hector!
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #366

[Witch and Deer]

((Wasn't sure if you wanted Mia to land somewhere else.))

Mia still seems a bit uncomfortable. Maybe it's the whole 'Dude' thing. I admit that this word is mostly used here when guys speak to guys so I had to look things up to clear this. Still Mia is not used to this what causes her beeing uncomfortable.

"I'm a representiv of Deus Mechanicus and I watch over the church that was built for him. Otherwise I do a lot of engeniering, one of my biggest projects is the engine running the flying island at Vigil." Mia replies a bit proud. "Nothign that is even close to witches. Maybe that's why i picked that costume. And whats with you? What do three deers do in the nexus?"

She seems to be close with her sisters, having a combined costume and sharing sweets and easily helping out when their sister asks. Mia ssumes they live together or somethign like that.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #367
    Orc in the Playground

[Doctors and Wrestlers]

Olvisin tilts her head as her ears flick up and down.

"Thanks, but I've got a job with MERC already. And I don't think I have the right temperament for HALO. I'm not much of a researcher. More like... building things, shooting things and stitching people up."
    Felandria produces a business card.

Nevertheless, if you ever need anything, please don’t hesitate to give me a call.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Adir n' Babs]

"Kitty!" Laurie exclaims. Adir gets to the table and sets the girl down so he can get some things for Hector. The little girl toddles up to him almost immediately, her hooves making little taps. "You can talk? How come you can talk?" She can sometimes get a sense of what some kitties and other things are thinking or how they're feeling, and it's a little like talking, but none of them use words like Hector!
    [Adir n' Babs]

"Fox!" says Hector again. He's actually a zorua but come on zoruas are obviously foxes. He's not afraid to admit that.
    "I can talk because I used to be a faerie but then I got better." he says as if that explains everything.
    Though when you're talking to children, sometimes saying something simple actually does.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

[Girls Times Four]

Brinika starts weighing a bag in her hand. Which seems disproportionately big for someone so tiny. Must be a goblin thing.

"If you want to meet more people, you can always come over to GLoG," she tells Natharia. She clearly doesn't want to talk much about her aunt. "It's where our aunt works and we go there a lot. There's a whole daycare center for children."

[Doctors and Wrestlers]

Olvisin nods.

"I will. Have a fun rest of the evening," she says before heading off to mingle some more.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #370

"I've never tried acting before, I don't think," Lapis admits. "Unless being a tree counts?"

Does being a tree count as acting? She WAS pretending to be a normal tree to fool the Boss Bird.

"I guess I could ask my mom she's over there wearing that big green hat," Lapis says, pointing at Zee who's just standing near the sidelines and seems to be having a fun time watching the goings on. Isn't that the lady from that park who was beating up those goblins that time Anika bear-bombed a bathroom? Lapis looks like she's going to say something else but then there's a VERY manly scream!

Lapis' eyes immediately focus on the scene and-!

She gasps and points!

"That's the Boss Ghost!" she stage-whispers. "The one from VIGIL last year that turned Commander Wenomir into a lady and turned me into a sheep!"[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Canines and One Dragonborn

"That's what training is for! Which you might be reminded I still haven't gotten aside from swords yelling at me." G'nichi says indignantly, sticking his sword on a belt loop. If he hangs it right it shouldn't cut through. The rapier isn't sharpened at the very base of the blade.
    "I'm glad you like the nose." he says to the hound, trying his best to recover his composure.
    He doesn't even notice the cackling ghost because come on. It's a Spook party. There's tons of spooky noises going on.
    [Lizard, Canine, and Ghosts]

"Ooooh yeah! If you're training to be a hero you have to be brave!" Jan agrees. "I should follow you around and keep spooking you until you're so brave you don't get spooked anymore!"

He wants to help!

Yay!

"Being a tree is a lot harder than it sounds. I still don't know how to become one so that's actually pretty impressive, Lapis." Anika remarks before her attention is directed to Zee.

She peers.
    Huh, she did seem familiar somehow...

But before she can consider how, Lapis gasps and Anika is distracted. A boss ghost?!
    Sure enough, that ghost looked pretty spooky alright. Like an evil wraith or something. Probably one of a mage considering what Lapis described.
    "Don't be fooled, Blanche. Didn't you hear what Lapis said? We need to defeat the boss before it causes-" That's when the ghosts spell goes off.
    Oh no, they were too late!

Shanti is not paying them any attention though as she's keeping an eye on her daughter at the moment. If Natharia happens to look her way she will give her a discrete wave and smile. She wasn't sure what kind of game they were playing but Natharia didn't seem to be doing so well... hrm...

The ghostly looks between the people that weren't paying it much attention with an amused smile but then its attention is drawn to an all too familiar voice and suddenly its eyes narrow.
    That creature that bit them last year!

A thousand curses upon her!

Thankfully, it hadn't come unprepared after that fiasco. It now had a spell beyond all spells as it combined nearly all of them.

The ghost raises its wand which floats up into the air above it and showers the entire party in a flash of purple light.

[Partywide]

As the purple light flashes across the party the following will happen as orbs will start to hit the party-goers and the props:

Skies: Candy (the exact types are up to the players) will start to lightly rain over the party. Anyone eating too much of it will get a tummy ache the morning afterwards, AHAHAH!

Blanche: Clothes (and costumes) worn by adults are now invisible to her. Furthermore, she will have now have an urge to say anything embarrassing she's thinking of out loud.

Lapis: Her shadow will animate into SHADOW-LAPIS (or Nega-Lapis), her archenemy. She has exactly the same personality as original Lapis but will want to thwart (but not seriously hurt or injure) her original's endeavors.

G'nichi & Jan: The two will suddenly switch bodies with one another. They both might still be able to use abilities that are tied to their mind, soul, essence, etc. How this works with a fey is up to their players.

Adir: Apples will start to grow from the tips of Adir's antlers. These apples are remarkably light and don't weight him down at all. Eating them will cause the person and their belongings to become more transparent and start to float a few feet off the ground for three minutes. Otherwise they're completely normal, but very delicious, apples.

The bags that are being thrown: The bags will animate and start to tease the children that are playing, in particular if they miss a shot. They will also groan if squeezed or when they make impact with something but are otherwise completely inert. Anyone can feel free to control them as they simply exist to make smart-ass commentary about the girls.

Jade & Dandelion: A magic orb moves towards Jade but stops dead right before actually hitting her.
    "I think you've had enough to last a lifetime, lady." A voice calls out before the orb instead goes for Dandelion who if hit will grow five times her current size alongside all her belongings and what she's currently holding.

Zee: Her hat will turn into a particularly unpleasant skunk (but green as her hat) which will immediately start farting up an foul odor around her. If interacted with the skunk will be teleported to another characters head by Zee's players choosing. The same thing will happen if that character attempts to interact with the skunk.

All these enchantments will last roughly two hours before everything and everyone just returns to normal but can be broken earlier than that by any number of methods.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-11-11 at 07:24 AM.

11. - Top - End - #371

Oh hey lots of crazy things happening.

[Witch and Deer]

Yeah Dandelion calls everyone a dude. I'm a dude, you're a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes here, dude.

"Sounds pretty cool," Dandelion admits. "Me and my sisters are in charge of that new park that popped up inside. Didn't exactly ask for it but could be worse, I guess."

And then it starts raining candy corn.

A piece bounces off Dandelion's head.

She glances up just long enough to realize that's a bad idea. Don't want to get candy corn in the eye!

"Okay now it's hailing candy. Something's up," she says, glancing around to see if she can't figure out who the culprit might be.

"Oh hey I'm alive again!" Jan says, not even missing a beat as he's suddenly stuffed into G'nichi's body. "Wow, you're really strong and tall."

The yeth hound seems to be one hundred percent unphased by these shinanagins.

And speaking of shinanagins! It looks like Zee is heading their way sans hat but tossing a dusk ball in one hand. Where did her hat/skunk go? Why has she got that goofy grin on her face? As she walks her coat flaps open, revealing MORE dusk balls at the ready.

It looks like someone else came prepared, too.

"I wasn't sure how this was going to go down, but I think it'll work out better like this than what I was originally planning," Zee says as she hauls back and- "SKUNTANK! I CHOOSE YOU!"

-hurls the ball toward the ghost which pops open in a flash of light as wild pokemon battle music begins playing from... somewhere?

"Skuntank!" bellows the rather smelly pokemon.

Jan gasps in absolute glee. "Ohmygosh a pokemon battle!"

[Jade, LL, and Definitely Not Dragons]

"YEEEEP!" Lambslaural gasps as she suddenly gets GIGAMAXED. One of her hind legs knocks over the snack table. "Oh my goodness oh my goodness I'm sorry!"

Let's see. Five times bigger? So somewhere between twenty five and thirty feet tall now? That sounds about right.

She's trying REALLY hard not to step on anyone, which involves holding as absolutely still as she can manage.

[Sisters and Not Sisters]

"I tried biting her last time but that wasn't enough!" Lapis says. "I'll have to do something different this ti-"

And then a magic orb strikes her, causing her shadow to animate! It's probably worth noting that her shadow is still there and just a normal shadow afterwards, too. Empyreans are really boring like that. Anyway! Negalapis! Which is basically just Lapis with inverted colors, a darker palette, and a villainous mustache.

"Bwah ha ha! You'll NEVER stop the Boss Ghost!" Negalapis cackles.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Troll in the Playground

Jade, LL, no Dragons

"What do you mean I've had enough?" Jade asks the mysterious voice. Until Lambslaural suddenly is SUPERSIZED! "Aww man! I could've been tall again!" She tries to get big Lambslaural's attention. "Down here! Come towards me, slowly!" She begins walking away and waving her arms. "I can help you get somewhere where you won't break anything!"
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #373
    Pixie in the Playground

Witch, Vampire, Ness

"I read a lot of science fiction. I... didn't realise until quite recently that on some earths, space travel is actually a thing. On mine, technological flight of most types is very hard to manage over a long distance. It's been attempted, but the vehicles tried keep getting attacked by territorial dragons." That'd put a damper on developing aeroplanes. "I've tried fantasy, but I can't get into it easily. I know too much magic to be fooled easily by authors that don't know magic at all. I prefer action books to anything else, ones with lots of explosions and battles." Natalie brightens at the subject change, and squeezes Karasu's hand.
    [Witch, Vampire, Ness]

"Haha, I can see why fantasy would be hard to swallow for someone already accustomed to magic. It's really obvious when someone doesn't know what they're talking about. I guess they can be forgiven, though, since in some worlds magic isn't real so they just come up with whatever they think sounds interesting," Lucas replies with a laugh. "I really like science fiction, too. The 'hard science fiction' sort. Honestly I think a world without magic and faeries and things might be a nice world to live in. Then you don't have to worry about kids getting stolen out of their rooms by hags."
    [Witch, Vampire, Ness]

"Mine's one of those sci-fi worlds, though in some cases the stuff you read in sci-fi is pretty esoteric. In some others, it's basically our world, with some changes. Natalie didn't believe me when I told her we had space travel." Karasu adds to the conversation, grinning a little at her babe. "My favourite is urban fantasy, but I can still enjoy some sci-fi. Every world runs on different rules, after all." Being in the Nexus for the past few years has taught her that.

She smiles a little when Lucas speaks of a world without magic. "My world's fantasy is pretty much the same as the apparent 'boring earth-prime', y'know, the magic-less world. Like DnD, where there's schools of magic rather than everyone having one power. Still, I like those stories where no one has powers and they have to make do, somehow. No one has to worry about your neighbour with explosion powers getting mad at his wife and blowing up your garden soil."

Then she fixates on Lucas mentioning faeries. "Faeries and hags? What're those like? We're only humans in my home world, but there's fairy-like pixies in my Nexus home. Our doctor's one, Dr. Erasmus Moonbeam."
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizard and Wolf and Ghosts

Oh, well. G'nichi is a tiny dog with a spooky cloud of energy for a head. Most of that cloud is facing pumpkin at the moment except for the eye holes. This probably helps with the disorienting nature of having a cloud of energy for a head.
    He couldn't just have been cursed to be tiny again. He couldn't just be magically headless.
    It had to make him furry. He hates this. He's hated this ever since that wand made him and the Boofers one unit for that horrid, horrid minute.
    "You'd better believe I am! And you better not go anywhere with that body! I worked very hard for it. I died! And well, it sounds like you know how awful that is." Jan did say he was 'alive again.'
    "Atreyu please tell me you have something for mind charms."

15. - Top - End - #375

[Jade, LL, no dragons]

The role of Ferdi had been well-established in preparation for this. He'd got in character, he'd practiced, he'd suppressed a lot of those distinctly not-Ferdi behaviours...

Unfortunately an appropriately sized distraction can cause anyone to break character.

And in Ferdi's case, a sudden thirty foot tall Lambslaural is an appropriately sized distraction.

With an "Eep!", he jumps into Kai's arms. Or tries to, anyway. Whether or not Kai is expecting this is another matter entirely.

[Lizard and Wolf and Ghosts]

"Well now, can't say I was expecting somethin' like this to happen." Atreyu looks between G'nichi and Jan, and Jan and G'nichi, and scratches his head. "Reckon you might be outta luck here, Kid. Least s'far as I'm able to help. Don't let the get-up fool you, I still ain't all that powerful a druid."

He crouches down and peers intently at yeth-G'nichi.

Then he glances over at the ghost, and whatever else is going on over there.

"Now if'n this is some sorta spell doin' this, I might be able to dispel it. But that over there looks like some kinda ghost, and if it's a curse the ghost put on you to make you switch bodies, then I'm flat outta luck. Still, I suppose there's no harm in giving it a try. Just stay still, uh, both of you."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Orc in the Playground

Witch, Vampire, Ness

"I asked 'how do you get the vessels into the sky without them being attacked by dragons', I believe. My world's an earth, but there's magic and a lot of creatures that make travel over seas and continents very difficult. Dragons, leviathans, kraken, that sort of thing. A world without magic... I couldn't imagine. My dad was the head of a university, he regularly had staff over and that included quite a few magic teachers." Natalie also isn't a fan of some of the more common examples of high technology, since they didn't exist in her homeworld. She'd probably adjust, but... She's still a bit of a Luddite.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

[Jade, Lambslaurel, and Maybe Dragons]

The role of Kai had been well-established before this. He'd gotten in character. He'd practiced. And he had done an alright job of suppressing sword-related behaviors.

And in the face of a massive Lambslaurel there's only one thing Kai would do! Jump into-

oof.

Kai jumps up himself, resulting in the dragonborn shoulder-checking each other. Kai falls over.
    "Oh Bahamut. Ferdi, are you okay? Sorry that was really sudden of me."
    That's right, Ferdi. People only saw the two of you hit each other and fall over in the face of giant nymph. Everyone was too busy looking at giant nymph. No one saw anything. Just keep going.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

[Girls Times Four]

"Oh, those were really good throws, Cheasadh," Khannie says as the gnome finishes up her throws. "It's Brinika's turn next. If I do really good next round I might have enough for twenty one points!"

No doubt fate will conspire to make her miss the board three times in a row on her next turn.

"Hey Natharia next time throwing them underhand like this," Khannie suggests, making an underhand throwing motion. "That way if you throw them below the hole they slide a little further."

Khannie is keeping an eye on that pokemon that showed up, too. She doesn't recognize them, are they just here for the party?
    Girls Times Four

"It's harder to throw past it if you go underarm, but there's less power. That doesn't really matter for stuff like this, though." And there are ways to give it more power, I think. But Earl doesn't know how to do it.
    [Girls Times Four]

Brinika starts weighing a bag in her hand. Which seems disproportionately big for someone so tiny. Must be a goblin thing.

"If you want to meet more people, you can always come over to GLoG," she tells Natharia. She clearly doesn't want to talk much about her aunt. "It's where our aunt works and we go there a lot. There's a whole daycare center for children."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    The bags that are being thrown: The bags will animate and start to tease the children that are playing, in particular if they miss a shot. They will also groan if squeezed or when they make impact with something but are otherwise completely inert. Anyone can feel free to control them as they simply exist to make smart-ass commentary about the girls.
    [Girls Times Four]

"Oh yeah, I think my mom mentioned that place. I should ask her about it again." They'd discussed a better place to stay when her mom is busy, but hadn't acted on it yet.

Any other discussion is interrupted by a rather rude voice. Coming from the beanbag in Brinika's hand. "You gonna throw or are you afraid you're gonna miss?" The bag then blows a raspberry. Natharia looks confused for a moment, looking around for where this rude voice is coming from.

19. - Top - End - #379

Oh hey lots of crazy things happening.

[Witch and Deer]

Yeah Dandelion calls everyone a dude. I'm a dude, you're a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes here, dude.

"Sounds pretty cool," Dandelion admits. "Me and my sisters are in charge of that new park that popped up inside. Didn't exactly ask for it but could be worse, I guess."

And then it starts raining candy corn.

A piece bounces off Dandelion's head.

She glances up just long enough to realize that's a bad idea. Don't want to get candy corn in the eye!

"Okay now it's hailing candy. Something's up," she says, glancing around to see if she can't figure out who the culprit might be.
    [Witch and Deer]

"Ouch." Mia says out loud as a candycorn hit her. "Who thinks raining candy is ffffffffffff.........." Mia stops mid sentence as the deer persosn shadow cast over her. Mia trips backwards. It was Okay for her to be near a normal sized deer person, but a giant deer person is somethign diffrent. She likly backs off futher seeking shelter under a table, not only against the deer, but also the candy.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

[Girls Times Four]

Brinika is about to throw the bag, when... it speaks? Her eyes go wide and her ears dip. She lowers the bag and looks at it.

"Is the bag talking? Or am I going crazy?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

21. - Top - End - #381

[Adir n' Babs]'

In a low, almost conspiratorial hush, Laurie leans in to Hector and asks, "Can I pet you?"

This proves distracting enough that she doesn't notice when apples start to sprout from the tips of Adir's antlers. He certainly takes notice though. The stag reaches up and feels his new extremities. "...Huh?" He lets out a sigh through his nose. Just another day living in the Nexus. He looks around for the source of this chicanery.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #382

[Girls Times Four]

"C'mon! I seen better tossin' on an armless octopus! Get to throwin'!" Khannie's bags yell from the board.

Khannie seems pretty bewildered by this.

Then she gets bonked on the head with some candy corn.

She's quick to cover her head with her paws.

"Something really weird is going on," she says, watching as suddenly that weird deer lady gets GIGAMAXED!

"Oi we got a regular Sherlock over here! No **** genius!" the bag yells.

Khannie gasps! "That's a bad word you can't say that!"

[Witch and Deer]

Dandelion, who is still normal size since it was her sister who got huge, peers under the table at Mia.

"You doin' okay, dude?" she asks. She doesn't seem particularly phased by the weirdness.

[Witch, Vampire, Ness]

"I guess the best way to describe fae from my parents' home world is that they dreams come true. But not like day dreams or idle desires. Actual dreams. With all the scariness and weirdness. So imagine like-" Lucas begins before wincing. "What the...?"

Another piece of candy corn bounces off his head.

"Ahh! It's... raining candy?"

And then he does something weird.

He takes that baseball bat of his, grips it with both hands, and slides one hand up it as if he were opening an umbrella.

Now he's holding an umbrella.

Handy!

"Wow, this is something else, right?" he says, holding out the umbrella a little so the other two teens can huddle under it. "Crazy ol' magic doing crazy stuff."

[LL, Jade, and Shoulder-Stopping Not Dragons]

GIGA! Lambslaural nods and begins following Jade.

"Umm... e-excuse me. Sorry. P-please watch out. Oh! I'm sorry!"

And so on and so forth the whole way. Lambslaural is very apologetic for being gigantic.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Troll in the Playground

Big Deer, Antler Lady, Dork Dragonborn

"You're doing great! Just a little further!" Jade directs Lambslaural over to an open spot near the (unbeknownst to her) possessed forest. "Okay, if you sit down here, you should be safe from hitting anything!" This is certainly an unusual experience. Jade can now add "Deer Traffic Controller" to her resume, right next to "Avatar of Autumn."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sisters and Not Sisters]

Rachel slinked through the party, looking for a specific set of characteristics. She finds limiting mates by hair color silly, but it did fit the theme and Rachel was an absolute sucker for theme. So if an athletic blonde is what matchmaker Leah says Rebecca needs, then that's what Rachel will find! Maybe.

There is the whole raining candy corn on her head that counts as a legitimate distraction. Rachel nods in appreciation, however. The hostess really went out on this! It's pretty impressive, though maybe a little less than tactful. Usually candy rain stops after a little bit.

More importantly it was by glancing around to identify the source of the phenomenon did she spy exactly what she was looking for! What fortune! Perhaps candy corn rain is a signal for good luck.

Rachel maneuvers her way over to Blanche, noting that she was with friends or at least near other people in a place where it's pretty much impossible to not be near other people. Either way, she addresses Blanche first with a friendly greeting and a purr in her voice. "Hello! I simply Adora your outfit. Purrhaps you could tell me what it's from? I don't recognize it." A minor fact that admittedly causes her some nerd distress.

Rachel herself is a catgirl not unlike Blanche! But really went all in on her costume with an impressive wig, hetero-chromatic contact lenses, and quite a lot of body paint. Blanche in particular can see that Rachel was quite thorough in her application. To Rachel it's all about presentation and she's taken care of her body much for that purpose! Perhaps she takes cosplay too seriously, but it may be one of the only things she does take seriously, and if that means keeping her body in shape for the camera, so be it. At least Blanche gets to appreciate some of the finer points of this effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Orc in the Playground

Girls X4

"They really are talking. Think they're trying to be mean, too." Cheasadh's totally unphased by the insults, even as the bag she holds blows raspberries at her and.
    "You couldn't hit a barn door, miss! From inside the barn, with a laser sight on your wrist! If it weren't impossible, you'd miss the ground, that's how bad you are at throwing things!"
    "My brother used to say similar things. Ignore them, they can't do anything else. Just rather pathetic excuses for beanbags."

26. - Top - End - #386
    Pixie in the Playground

[Witch, Vampire, Ness]

"Yeah, and I replied that I'd like to meet a cool and friendly dragon one day. A world devoid of tech, though... don't think I'd enjoy my stay in such a world." Karasu replies, before turning to listen to Lucas explain fae.

Dreams come true, i.e. dreams given life? That would include nightmares, given the mention of baby-stealing hags. Ones she assumes doesn't refer to a human old crone. She's about to ask when something bounces off of her head. "The heck...?!" She looks up to see that it's raining candy corn. Her free hand starts to generate some ink to fashion into an umbrella, when Lucas does his thing. Seeing no need, she absorbs the ink back and huddles under the umbrella with Natalie.

"Thanks." She smiles at him a little, then looks up at the sky and surroundings. "Nexus being Nexus again." Then she looks around to see that people have changed. With a sudden gasp, she quickly checks to see that nothing's happened to her.

"Phew... I'm still me. Thank Kazela." She breathes a sigh of relief. Thanks to Mirai's experiences, she knows first-hand what being changed against your will can do to someone's psyche. Had she transformed into something else, this would be the last time she'd leave Raptor Island in a while... except to see Natalie, of course.

That done, she realizes that candy corn is falling from the sky, so she picks up one from the ground and offers it to Natalie with a grin.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Orc in the Playground

Witch, Vampire, Ness

Natalie reaches out as the candy corn starts to fall and red hearts, spades, clubs and diamonds swirl about her hand before she's suddenly holding a brolly. She doesn't get time to put it up, though, before Ness does his thing and she hugs Karasu and hides underneath it. "My world does have tech, just... not as advanced as the Nexus, or yours. We've got local telephones, but can't call across the ocean or put one in my pocket and walk away." She smiles as she's offered floor candy. "Thank you." She takes it and eats it, reaching out to catch some for Karasu.

28. - Top - End - #388

[Witch and Deer]

Dandelion, who is still normal size since it was her sister who got huge, peers under the table at Mia.

"You doin' okay, dude?" she asks. She doesn't seem particularly phased by the weirdness.
    ((Sorry for not changing, i had a hard week. I just go with it wasn't the growing as i mentioned in discord))

[Witch and Deer]

Well, Mia is using that table to prevent more candy hitting her. After all candys are hard and hurt or sticky and thats even worse.

"I just went for cover." Mia says not looking scared at all. "Who got the idea of throwing candy around? I know they aren't dangerouse, but I hate if any sticks into my hair."

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Adir n' Babs]'

In a low, almost conspiratorial hush, Laurie leans in to Hector and asks, "Can I pet you?"

This proves distracting enough that she doesn't notice when apples start to sprout from the tips of Adir's antlers. He certainly takes notice though. The stag reaches up and feels his new extremities. "...Huh?" He lets out a sigh through his nose. Just another day living in the Nexus. He looks around for the source of this chicanery.
    Adir 'n Babs
    Hector is also not paying attention to Adir. If he were he'd probably laugh. He's looking hesitantly at Laurie.
    "I guess you can a little." he eventually mutters.
    He doesn't really want to be a cute critter. But he is one. So might as well make the kid happy.

30. - Top - End - #390

[Lizard and Wolf and Ghosts]

The ghost narrows its eyes as soon as it spots Zee.
    A demon made flesh!

A parasite upon reality!

"Misssh..." They hiss as this being profoundly broke the rules of the game by turning their own spell against them!

But it wouldn't let even such a foul being have the better of it, not on their day!

It starts cackling again as it ascends into the air and a thick ghostly fog spreads out around it, making it impossible to see much further than a few inches. Anyone looking at the fog might imagine ghostly figures move around inside of it which easily can be mistaken for other guests at the party or any number of nightmarish creatures. The fog is essentially magnifying the observers own imagination when its observed. Making them see things they know are scary.

Adir for instance might see how much he's got to clean up once this party is over.

Anyone ending up within the ghost fog, such as G'nichi, Atreyu and Jan will find that sounds and their sense of direction are being distorted within it. Sounds coming from one direction sounds like they're coming from the other and when they believe they're moving to the right they're actually moving to the left, etc.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-11-16 at 07:05 PM.