New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: In oWoD, what "class" of characters could you play?

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Were Orpheans (like Orpheus, not a mispelling of mage Orphans) canonically part of oWoD?
    I don't think I ever read the book, but it seemed in the same spirit/theme as oWoD and about... sorta like dream sorcerers, or something like that?
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees? I've never read the book, although I really want to, so the below is the results of my research into it a year or two ago.

I believe it wasn't part of the line, but it deals with the aftermath of the metaplot events that ended Wraith (which was one of my favourite games in concept, but I didn't like the execution). It was in essence Wraith with the perspective flipped to focus on the living rather than the dead, you worked for a corporation that dealt with hauntings and employed both psychics and ghosts, and I believe that later in the line you had to deal with other corporations dealing with the afterlife in a much less ethical fashion.

While I can't remember the names there was like two types of human (those who could astrally project on command ans those who needed to be frozen for it), normal ghosts, and a couple of kinds of special ghost. Changes from Wraith included Arcanoi being replaces with Horrors as ghostly abilities, and ghosts no longer having a Shadow in their heads but instead having an evil doppelgänger. Also Oblivion got changed, and I believe was focused on Grandmother rather than the Neverborn(? I forget if Wraith used Neverborn or Onceborn, or even both).

Now I'm trying to remember if Demon had any options other than demons. I don't think it did, both Hunter and Demon seem to have been more focused than the games which came before them.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

One of the Dark Age Vampire books had playable Gargoyles.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Satinavian View Post
    One of the Dark Age Vampire books had playable Gargoyles.
    The Player's guide did, as well. I loved their Flight power, just for giving a vampire wings. Their specialty power (whose name I forgot, because all of them are letter salad) was a mix of Protean and Obfuscate, IIRC.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Were Orpheans (like Orpheus, not a mispelling of mage Orphans) canonically part of oWoD?
    I don't think I ever read the book, but it seemed in the same spirit/theme as oWoD and about... sorta like dream sorcerers, or something like that?
    Wraith 20th Anniversary Edition includes Orpheus
    Most of my posts are made on my mobile device. Please excuse any errors from auto correct.