New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

Right, lots of plans and lots of things you seem to be doing?

1. I'm happy to handwave the kidnapping of the alchemist. He's a low level alchemist and would be no challenge so happy for one of you to IC describe narratively what you did to him
    2. THe patrol - will probably occupy most of your day. Its a few hour walk to the campsite above the shores of the lake. Thats probably the next sifgnifigant activity you need to do.
    3. 3. Eddarly will go and hide at home and seems sincere so you can park him till later
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

2. - Top - End - #332
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

@DrK - I really appreciate your response to this. It helps me as a player know what my PC would actually recognize from the myriad context clues that we just cannot see as players. Thank you!

3. - Top - End - #333

NecromancerGuy

Casting two Cure Light Wounds spells to see how much healing that gets Oghash. She needs 17 HPs to be topped off... (1d8+3)[7] and (1d8+3)[6].

Edit: I will stop there and keep four spells available for the Patrol Ambush.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

If anyone provokes another AoO, Stvari will use it to trip: (1d20+9)[23]

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

shaken (1d20)[9]
    fascinated (6d20)[19][19][1][20][19][15](93)

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

still awaiting Ahkmathi and Stavri

7. - Top - End - #337

NecromancerGuy

New Update

The Keep
    Our primary goal - got to keep this in mind and we still need a solid entrance. Maybe a wand of Fly or something? Start from the top and go down? Or use the dwarven repair team somehow? Tunnel under the gatehouse? - No changes yet. We still need to establish a plan.

Today (Day 5)
    Spoiler: Completed Actions
    Show
    1. In the morning we need to ensure the duel ends tragically, with as much death as possible. We've done some work to this effect so far - time to seal the deal, IMO. Let's be ready for violence in the morning! Done!
    2. Need to babysit Eddarly and secure control of him, perhaps via Kaitlyn? Kidnapping her or something? Done!
    3. Secure an appropriate "burial site" for the four dead men. Done!
    4. In the afternoon we find and dispose of the patrol. Done!

Spend the evening replacing the alchemist with Ahkmathi? Prepare an ambush for the visiting priest? I think we should empty out the alchemist shop of valuables so that he can take the fall for the priest's disappearance - when the townsfolk investigate, they find it gutted and him gone. He's an easy scapegoat that way. Looks like this is our next step.

Tomorrow (Day 6)
    1. Take out the priest's entourage via subtlety so we can fight him solo.
    2. Ambush and capture the priest.
    3. Sacrifice him to empower the flesh golem.
    4. Engage in "Other goals" from the list below if time allows

Day 7 ("overmorrow")
    Try to sabotage the dwarven tunnel repairs? Impersonate the Priest to get inside the Keep? Use CAPT Eddarly to get inside the Keep? Work on the brothel? Work to sow despair, especially with ripe targets like Kaitlyn?

Two days later (Day 8)
    The bard arrives in town - how do we intend to use this for our advantage? The next patrol should be leaving sometime around this day...

Day 9
    Release the Golem as a distraction while we infiltrate the keep?

Other goals
    1. I still want to take over the brothel, by force if necessary. Alicia and Bellam Barthold need to be pushed out of control of the girls, removed from positions where they could discover our subterfuge, or something similar. We've got a variety of ways to do it - just need to succeed somehow.

2. Timon Meadery: will it be worth doing anything here? Poison/drugs in the alcohol? Or just burn it down?
    3. General Store and Smithy: burn them down. Make it big enough to be difficult to put out, maybe pick off individuals as they try to fight the fires...?
    4. Graveyard: resources for a Lesser Animate Dead spell or two?
    5. Dominik Vallison, village reeve: break into his home one night, kill him, rob him blind? Or try to Charm him and use him to get into the keep?

Notes
    1. We still need to kill the commander of the keep and maximize the death/destruction we accomplish.
    2. Beef stew for the keep (poison it?)
    3. Smithy?

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    New Update
    Tomorrow (Day 6)
    1. Take out the priest's entourage via subtlety so we can fight him solo. I am least concerned about this- I intend to have a Death knell active from the alchemist, and suspect we will easily overpower anyone without a name.
    2. Ambush and capture the priest.
    3. Sacrifice him to empower the flesh golem.
    4. Engage in "Other goals" from the list below if time allows

Day 7 ("overmorrow")
    Try to sabotage the dwarven tunnel repairs? Impersonate the Priest to get inside the Keep? Use CAPT Eddarly to get inside the Keep? Work on the brothel? Work to sow despair, especially with ripe targets like Kaitlyn? I like impersonating the priest, and perhaps the leader of the Dwarven team.

Two days later (Day 8)
    The bard arrives in town - how do we intend to use this for our advantage? The next patrol should be leaving sometime around this day...

Day 9
    Release the Golem as a distraction while we infiltrate the keep?

Other goals
    1. I still want to take over the brothel, by force if necessary. Alicia and Bellam Barthold need to be pushed out of control of the girls, removed from positions where they could discover our subterfuge, or something similar. We've got a variety of ways to do it - just need to succeed somehow.

2. Timon Meadery: will it be worth doing anything here? Poison/drugs in the alcohol? Or just burn it down? Meh
    3. General Store and Smithy: burn them down. Make it big enough to be difficult to put out, maybe pick off individuals as they try to fight the fires...? Yes
    4. Graveyard: resources for a Lesser Animate Dead spell or two? With enough time, easy peasy
    5. Dominik Vallison, village reeve: break into his home one night, kill him, rob him blind? Or try to Charm him and use him to get into the keep?
    The reeve may be easier access than impersonation- none of us are good at face skills XD

Notes
    1. We still need to kill the commander of the keep and maximize the death/destruction we accomplish.
    2. Beef stew for the keep (poison it?)
    3. Smithy?

9. - Top - End - #339
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thanks for the invite to join - I have Anton ready for review, and look forward to when he can join the group.

Anton Sicarius / Dahaki'larioni'riki'azz
    M NE Half-Elf (Humanoid; human/elf) U. Rogue 1 / Necromancer 2 // Synthesist Summoner 3, Level 1/2//3, Init 5, HP 33 (27)/33 (27), Speed 40' (30')
    AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, CMD 16, Fort 3, Ref 6, Will 5, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Trip Bite +4 (1d6+2, x2)
    Trip (Bite) Full Attack (Bite, Claw x2, Sneak Attack) +4/+4/+4 (1d6+2+2d6, 1d4+2+2d6(x2), x2)
    (+2 Dex, +4 Natural)
    Abilities Str 15, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 16
    Condition Immune: sleep effects
    Saving Throws: +2 vs enchantment spells and effects, Evasion (no damage on Reflex save)
    Senses: Low-Light Vision, Darkvision 60'

For color, I was thinking to take (over) blue and red as they don't look to be in use.

Anton on his own will speak in "Red. For no particular, Hells-induced reason."
    Dahaki will speak in "Blue. The same color as my beautiful scales." when they are merged - which will be whenever practical.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

Welcome @Gyrfalcon.

'm back from my sojorn in the desert so looking forward to getting games running

11. - Top - End - #341

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    "We can either do something to bring him here to deal with his brother-in-law...
    Something like killing and eating his sister?

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Will saves (2d20)[2][3](5)
    Fireball 1 saves (10d20)[1][4][7][11][13][13][19][4][12][4](88)
    Fireball 2 saves (10d20)[15][2][7][10][16][14][17][20][16][3](120)
    Euphoric cloud will saves as needed (assuming not all the d20's will be needed after the fireballs) (10d20)[12][16][5][14][15][3][19][7][1][20](112)

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Death Knell effects:
    (1d8)[1] temporary HP
    +2 enhancement to strength
    effective caster level +1
    for 50 minutes

14. - Top - End - #344

NecromancerGuy

Will save vs Hold Person: (1d20+9)[28] vs DC 16.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    Will save vs Hold Person: [roll0] vs DC 16.
    Oh dear doesn't bode well for the priest

16. - Top - End - #346

Rolled a crit in Scenario 1

Crit Confirmation - (1d20+6)[7]

Crit damage is x2, so if confirmed 14 damage is dealt.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

1 guard dead to Oghash
    Both Stavri and Dahaki can throw their spells if they wish but can't reach melee in a single move or a charge (as the door was in the way )
    What do you fancy doing?

18. - Top - End - #348

Scenario 2 then - move in, cast Grease - catch the priest (and hopefully the other guard), placed in a way to not inconvenience Oghash.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    1 guard dead to Oghash
    Both Stavri and Dahaki can throw their spells if they wish but can't reach melee in a single move or a charge (as the door was in the way )
    What do you fancy doing?
    I'll go double move, sadly.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Ref save (1d20)[1]

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

When time permits, in character, Stvari would be very glad to have that wisdom amulet. I'll note it on the sheet.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

I edited my last post to account for Ahkmathi taking the keys. Here's what I've got from the latest loot:

12 Mwk halberds, 12 Mwk chain mail suits, 88gp - Group treasure, weapons in the hut for now, gold can be split, or used for the ladies.
    Heavy mace +1 with the heads shaped like a golden sun burst - Not sure who should keep this, but magic weapons can be useful.
    Breastplate +1 - Oghash?
    Necklace of inspired wisdom +2 - Stvari
    Keys: a set of keys with 5 keys on it - Ahkmathi
    Prayer Book of Mitra - Dahaki
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

23. - Top - End - #353

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    88gp - gold can be split, or used for the ladies.
    Heavy mace +1 with the heads shaped like a golden sun burst - Not sure who should keep this, but magic weapons can be useful.
    Breastplate +1 - Oghash?
    Oghash is using Chainmail +2 currently (not a Chain Shirt +2), so the armor isn't an upgrade. She wouldn't use the magical mace unless dealing with DR that wasn't being overcome by gratuitous damage... I think the gold should continue to be used to further pay for the corruption and fall of the town. We will be murdering and looting any remaining stores from which we would otherwise buy things, I think.

Long story short, Oghash isn't interested in the loot right now.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi doesn't really need most loot ... I only note the gold since some of us require funds for item creation . The weapon I think is still good to keep for now ... bestow it upon one of the bugbears as a gift, or one of our 'crew' as a sign of favor (along with the breastplate). Same with all the weapons and stuff - we have disciples to arm! As Hamilton once sang, this is not a moment, this is the movement.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

25. - Top - End - #355

NecromancerGuy

Oh, I'm all for investing in the future. Totally agree with the special loot.

If you need the cash for scrolls and stuff, take it. Oghash might (briefly) resent that, but she'll get over it.

I'm trying to still play up the Superstitious part of things, since she will (shortly) get a couple of Rage powers, including Superstitious. Go nuts on weird magic - make her uncomfortable!

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

Book 2 May benefit from the retained loot as you start to set up your minion network….

For this one? It’s still early doors on this day, you’ll have a golem to activate and a guard to feed to it then the rest of the day is yours?

Heading to the keep yet or exploring the secret passage?

27. - Top - End - #357

NecromancerGuy

I know I was expecting/hoping for a dramatic, Frankenstein-esque scene with us animating the Golem. Was kinda looking forward to the RP moment there - not the sacrifice specifically, but the drama of the experience.

After that, I think the question is a slight bit more complicated - do we want to go at the keep with or without the golem? Like, scouting it out or frontal assault?

OR do we go into the tunnels, using the golem as a distraction? Or do we take it with us as meat?

I think our entrance to the tunnels is in the inn, so probably have to deal with the innkeeper, the matron, and setting up our own new brothel-lead before going to that route...

28. - Top - End - #358

In principal, the Breastplate is a minor, minor upgrade over the Chainmail still due to lower ACP, but up to you with that.

In that vein, we should retain all the masterwork equipment - we can either equip minions with it or gift it to the Bugbears (or equip Bugbears that swear to our cause with it). Or hell, in the future Anton can raise bloody skeletons and we can equip them with it. We might want to look into transportation for our loot if we start stockpiling gear for that.

Anton is very equipment-light - he wants stat enhancers and an amulet of mighty fists, but weapons and armor are lost on him in most situations - if caught outside dragon form he'd need rogue finesse weapons over a mace.

As for what to do next, I'd say scout the tunnel (with an emphasis on scout), or quickly make contact with the dwarves and find out what they're up to. With an iron circlet of disguise and his own skills, Anton has a Disguise of +15 to appear as a Dwarf, though critically he doesn't speak Dwarvish. He has a Diplomacy of +12 and a Bluff of +9 to bull**** his way out of that minor issue though.

29. - Top - End - #359

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrfalcon View Post
    In principal, the Breastplate is a minor, minor upgrade over the Chainmail still due to lower ACP, but up to you with that.
    Except it has a lower AC - Chain Mail and Breastplate both have +6, and my +2 Chainmail has more AC than the +1 Breastplate.

In that vein, we should retain all the masterwork equipment - we can either equip minions with it or gift it to the Bugbears (or equip Bugbears that swear to our cause with it). Or hell, in the future Anton can raise bloody skeletons and we can equip them with it. We might want to look into transportation for our loot if we start stockpiling gear for that.
    100%

As for what to do next, I'd say scout the tunnel (with an emphasis on scout), or quickly make contact with the dwarves and find out what they're up to. With an iron circlet of disguise and his own skills, Anton has a Disguise of +15 to appear as a Dwarf, though critically he doesn't speak Dwarvish. He has a Diplomacy of +12 and a Bluff of +9 to bull**** his way out of that minor issue though.
    We've already had a failure there. I'm fine with murder - they argue less when they're dead.

30. - Top - End - #360

What, Oghash doesn't have a Dex of 16 while Large yet? :P

Fair enough, than the breastplate can go into the loot pile for a favored minion.

Speaking of, are Leadership feats on the table for later? That's a Level 7 issue, but the Knot certainly looks to be collecting cohort candidates.

As for the Dwarves, we can certainly dial M for Murder on them. Given that Ahkmathi Set has most of his spells and bombs available, we might be able to handle them still today if Oghash can let Dahaki and Stvari go first and take hits.