New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

Stvari's eyes slowly widen as the murderers claim their spoils. "That's a monster is what that is," Stvari grunts, all-but craning his neck to look at Bartheron's enormous head. "Still, you'd be a force beyond terror riding into battle atop such a steed," he murmurs thoughtfully with a wry, appreciative glance at Oghash. "Not to say you don't already strike fear into the hearts of these fools, just saying it'd be even more so."

Grinning, he becomes lost in thought for a moment. "I'd love to see you impale some poor sap on that lance."

The valuables reclaimed and the rest destroyed, Stvari begins the trek back to town. "I need to check on the alchemist. Wouldn't do for him to bleed out before I'm ready."

2. - Top - End - #662
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi Sek, Elven Conjurist

Ahkmathi sat flipping through his spellbook as the others ate, thinking about what spells might best be used for the following day. Of the items they had found, he had pocketed a small vial to protect against the worshippers of dark gods; he had lived long enough to know that eventually, their path would come into conflict with someone else's evil plotting. He raised his head at Oghash's question, considering it for a moment before speaking.

"We should certainly return to the shack and let Stvari minister to our friends needs. But I will require some rest for tomorrow's activities. I do not know how large the priest's entourage will be, but if we are to deal with a signifant group of people, we must consider the proximity of the shack to the town. Someone may here the screams, or someone might get away. Do either of you have access to a silencing spell? I can attempt to put some of them to sleep, or enchant them with a mystical mist ... but beyond that I have little way to keep a group controlled completely. "

OOC - Just chatting about tomorrow

Effects/Conditions: mage armor (1 hr); low-light vision

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Str 8 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 22 Wis 12 Cha 10
    AC 19 HP 26 Init +11 Move 30' / F +4 R +6 W +4
    Spoiler: Spells (4/3+1/2+1)
    Show
    0: detect magic, message, ghost sound, mage hand
    1: enlarge person, silent image, grease, color spray
    2: flaming sphere, bull's strength, euphoric cloud

Spoiler: Extracts
    Show
    (4/day)
    1: enlarge person, targeted bomb admixture, illusion of calm, enlarge person

Mutagen: 0/1 (+4 Int/Wis/Chr for -2 Str/Dex/Con, +2 AC; lasts 30 min)
    Bombs: 4/7 per day (fire), +6 / 2d6+6 / Splash 8 dam
    Skills: Arcana/Planes +15; Local/Religion/Nature/Dungeon +14; History/Engineering +13; Geo/Nobility +12; Spellcraft +10; Craft Alchemy +10; Perception +8; D.Device +8; UMD +5
    Teleport (‘5): 7/7
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

3. - Top - End - #663
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Oghash looks confused several times as her companion compliments her. It seems she still isn't used to the respect shown and isn't quite sure how to accept the words with which she is honored. "I'm glad to frighten them in the name of our Dark Lord," she says finally, more to herself than to Stvari, but loudly enough to be heard. It's clear his words have her thinking about the image he described and the experience she might have atop such a powerful steed...

"Access...? I don't think so..." she answers Ahkmathi with a bit of embarrassment. "I think I've been blessed with power, but I don't understand it...

No, I am sure I can't make silence happen, except by cutting a throat. But I could make more of those chains appear - would that help?
    " she finishes doubtfully.

She returns to the horseline as they get ready to leave, intent on taking Bartheron with them back to town. "I'm going to free the other horses, but where are we going to hide him?" she asks her companions seriously.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi nodded after a few moments of discussion, glad that Stvari could bring silence to the battle with the priest the next day. For now, he needed to ensure their efforts unravel before they were ready to reveal themselves.

"First, we will have to eliminate the horses - most animals of this nature will return to their home and that would alert the town. The larger beast is most impressive. Of the many tales of the Datk Lord’s battles with the False One, one or two mention a warrior named Jorzon who rode a nightmarish steed named Dagon. Jorzon was more monster than human, and led a horde against some nameless citadel.

Anyway, we should take the spoils, slay the horses, and stable the warhorse at the alchemist’s laboratory. Then we rest in anticipation of our battle with the holy man tomorrow.”

OOC - Will update spells … but definitely want to kill the horses and take the loot, then get some rest … unless others have ideas?

Show
    Show

Show
    (4/day)

Skills: Arcana/Planes +15; Local/Religion/Nature/Dungeon +14; History/Engineering +13; Geo/Nobility +12; Spellcraft +10; Craft Alchemy +10; Perception +8; D.Device +8; UMD +5

5. - Top - End - #665

NecromancerGuy

Oghash listens closely to Ahkmathi, her mind racing with the thoughts of Jorzon atop Dagon. "That is wise - I'll see to it," she says as she turns back towards the line and begins the grisly work. She returns leading Bartheron and speaking calmly to the great horse, guiding it away from its late-fellows.

Once the steed is stabled at the soon-to-be-dead alchemist's hut, comfortably away from the tortured man and his macabre creation, Oghash heads back to the inn in her disguise as "Sharon." "I will check on Eddarly and then work to turn one of the whores to worship the Dark Prince. I feel full of belly but still hungry to do his work this evening. Will you two be going to bed soon?" she asks her companions, her tone nearly amiable. Once at the inn she looks about for Eddarly and briefly asks if he has been around. She listens for the answer, intent on finding the man before the end of the night.

After determining if the broken captain is around "Sharon" finds one of the prostitutes and asks, "Who is second in charge, after Alicia Barthold? I want to talk with her..."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I will have Oghash talk to a prostitute first, try to see how they feel about their lives, work, etc...She's not really looking for someone happy with their circumstances - she wants to find someone ambitious to be more in charge that she can turn against Alicia Barthold, if possible.

After she's done with the whore she will go find Eddarly, at his or Kaitlynn's home if necessary.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi shook his head. "I have a few studies to attend to, and some inventory to check on in the shop. Remember to keep a low profile and avoid unnecessary conflict.
    There will be plenty of time tomorrow to wreck havoc, but with the Lord Captain already suspicious, we have to be carfull. ”

OOC - Thinking a scroll or two and check on goodies in the alchemy shop ...

Show
    Show

Show
    (4/day)

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

Stvari turns his attention and, perhaps surprisingly, his fair medical expertise towards the Alchemist. With careful, gentle hands, he makes sure the man is healthy and stable. Satisfied, he spends the rest of the evening pondering over the Golem and the alchemist's notes. Satisfied he has prepared as well as can be for the next day, he checks the man's bindings once more and knocks him out, just to be sure. After verifying a stable pulse, he returns to the inn, nods in acknowledgement to Sharon and and of the Dwarves that look his way, and rests easily, happily looking forward to the next day.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Titan in the Playground

It doesn't take long for the "heroes" to butcher the horses, eat their fill from the dead men and horses and then head back towards the town. The shack in the woods providing a convenient place to stash the late Captain's magical equipment and the mighty steed that seems to have accepted its fate easily (perhaps sensing the violence within its new owner. The alchemist is still alive and in the same state of hovering on edge of unconscious and is easy for Stavri to manhandle and knock out again. A few squawks of protest and cries that you are brigands to steal his greatest creation you realise he does not yet realise the truth of your intentions, but ignorance in his case may well be bliss!

At the Inn Oghash and Ahkmathi arrive are surprised to see a newcomer! Rosemary (the most experienced and longest serving of the girls) approaching Sharon and nodding to the gaunt think looking half elf sat in a shadowy booth near the wall. She leans forward, "Miss Sharon, there is a gues, they arrived this afternoon and were asking about a trio of visitors. It don't look like you and your friends but there's three of you so thought I'd mention it..." At mentions of Eddarly she shakes her head, "HE popped in this morning, grabbed tow bottles of the good stuff and went home. He'll be deep in his cups or snoring passed out by now I reckon."

Welcome to Gyrflacon. Please introduce yourself.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

9. - Top - End - #669
    Barbarian in the Playground

Anton sips at his glass of wine and savors the taste, so bright and vivid on his tongue. It would no doubt fade, but for now it was amazing.

The pair that arrived were rather distinctive, and the way the barmaid pounced on them and tried to discreetly gesture towards him was telling. He whispered a few words, making the gestures of a simple cantrip under the table, pointing to the two new arrivals.

”[Message]. Greetings, we have a mutual acquaintance that suggested your names to me. A certain Thorn, shall we say?” a deep cultured voice whispered in their ears, and the half-elf raised his glass in toast when the two looked his way.

10. - Top - End - #670

NecromancerGuy

Oghash/Sharon tries not to glare at the newcomer in the inn's common room when she enters, instead focusing on her prior responsibilities - the corruption of the brothel and management of their pet broken-Captain. When Rosemary explains the situation she nods and motions for some food and drinks for the three adventurers.

When she...hears?...the half-elf in her mind she starts visibly, but recovers quickly. "[Message] How are you doing that? And can you hear me?" she asks, for the moment ignoring the reference to their earthly Master. Shaking her head, she grumbles and motions for Rosemary to bring their meals to the other man's table and moves there, looking expectantly at Ahkmathi to join her. "Never mind. I don't trust unfamiliar magic. Don't talk openly here - eat first, then we will walk and decide what to do with you," she says, a mixture of respect and intimidation in her voice. It's clear she doesn't intend violence - yet, here - due to the name-drop, but also that she will need some proof provided to trust the newcomer.

"I'm going to eat my second-dinner, enlist one of the ladies here, and then check in on one of our charges. My companions have my trust. Convince them you're real and I will welcome you. Fail and I will enjoy a third meal tonight..." she says after her plate arrives and Rosemary steps away again. Oghash/Sharon then begins stuffing her face, barely controlling herself enough to avoid making a mess of it and drawing attention to them in the process. She will listen to the two men speak but won't interrupt, excusing herself once she's done eating regardless of where they are in the conversation.

"Rosemary, can you get free for a moment?" Oghash/Sharon asks the young lady with a smile that she hopes is welcoming as she steps to the door of the inn. "I only need a minute or two..." she asks, flashing a gold coin as she tries to isolate the waitress/prostitute outside for an offer of better station...

(After talking to Rosemary, Oghash will plan to check in on Captain Eddarly and possibly Kaitlyn too. She at least wants to know about the fallout from this morning's duel. It's possible she will get sufficient answers from the young lady and not need to follow up on the others, though.)

11. - Top - End - #671

The half-elf signals for a meal to be brought for him as well and waits until Oghash and the others are sitting at his table before speaking. Closer to him, they can see that he is well-dressed, but painfully thin and unnaturally pale. Not sick, but like he has rarely seen the light of day.

Once they are sitting, he murmurs his response to Oghash’s question. ”It is a simple messaging cantrip. I can send messages to a few people and hear their replies – quite handy when I don’t want to shout private business in a crowded room.”

He starts eating from his plate, obviously enjoying the simple inn fare. At the half-orc’s threat of cannibalism, he smiles mirthlessly in response. ”You would find us a [Orc]tough meal to swallow, Fiendclaw.” he says, his voice changing and eyes flashing for a moment as he switches to orc.

12. - Top - End - #672

NecromancerGuy

Oghash looks a little startled at the sudden voice change, but doesn't change her stance or tone as she waits and listens to the conversation after the response to her warning. "Maybe we won't have to find out. How do you know Thorn?" she asks by way of conversation-starter.

13. - Top - End - #673

Anton's eyes shift left and right as he takes in the people at the tables around them, and he chooses his words with care.

"You are aware of Thorn's... friends, those known for their contracts? Let us say... here... that we have such a contract. This friend owed Thorn a great favor, and as you know, they repay their debts, good or ill. Our contract was transferred to Thorn. He spoke praise of your iron grasp, but the need for a velvet glove to smooth the way."

14. - Top - End - #674
    Titan in the Playground

As the new "friends" get acquainted Rosemary nods to Oghash and leads the disguised orc cannibal into the one of the store rooms at the back. She turns, looking a wee bit apprehensive, "What can I help you with? Eddarly isn't here and neither is the Mistress. Not sure where she went but she's been getting nervous of you and your friends and your forceful offers to buy them out." She pauses pouring herself a long glass of red wine, "I'm not that fussy, if you promise to pay us girls more we don't care who holds the contracts, but what did you want?"

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

Stvari finally joins his allies in the inn, and is visibly surprised to find them seating with an unfamiliar face. He prowls over with decisively gentle steps for a Dwarf, and claims a seat beside Ahkmathi as if it has belonged in his clan for centuries. "Gods above and below, you look like you could use a meal- or several-" he glances to Ahkmathi to gauge his reaction to the last word- "friend."

He makes absolutely no effort to introduce himself, instead for the moment letting his companions do the talking.

16. - Top - End - #676

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrfalcon View Post
    Anton's response
    Oghash/Sharon looks confused as she tries to follow the inuendo from their new companion. She seems to make sense of it all after a moment, her mind grasping at the mention of 'contracts' but doesn't seem to grasp that Anton is referring to two entities or apparent missing skill sets. "I'm not the best with words, if that's what you mean" she grumbles grudgingly, "But you are signed to Thorn...Are you a new Knot? Or joining the Ninth?" she asks hesitantly. "I want to see the contract or a letter, in private."

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Rosemary
    Following the young lady to the back room to speak privately the evil evangelist nods at the other woman's words. "Have you...ambition? Would you be more than you are?" she asks, carefully thinking through her words and looking at the prostitute intently. "We believe you can. The Bartholds don't. If you would rise above your station...take control of your life...we will help. Do you want this?"

17. - Top - End - #677
    Titan in the Playground

In the back room

Rosemary eye's light up at mention of being "more than she is". She nods aggressively. 2Anything that would get me off my back to handling the money would make me happy." Then she pauses, a sly look on her face, "What if I had a secret about the inn and what old Barthold does wi' some of the girls some times? What could you do to help me?"

18. - Top - End - #678

Anton nodded to the others as they join the table. With what looks to be everyone there, the gaunt half-elf introduces himself. "My name is Anton. Thorn has tasked me to join the Nineth, and I have a letter to that effect that I'm happy to show you all. As for my appearance lets just say it's been an interesting past few months."

He looks at the others carefully. "For very specific details of my skills is another discussion for in private, but in general, I am good at making contacts and convincing others of my viewpoint. When gentle reason doesn't work, I'm capable up close, and I know a few spells - primarily enhancements, but I know a few others."

19. - Top - End - #679

NecromancerGuy

In the back room

Oghash/Sharon nods encouragingly. "I'm glad I was right about you. The three of us like...lifting others up. It is a...passion...of mine," she says thoughtfully with a very real - if a little hungry - smile. "And secrets are valuable. I would love to hear yours.

But first, in trade...When we buy them out you will be in charge. You will be their mother - you lead them, protect them, and teach them. And then, when we start new brothels in other towns, you help us do it. What say you?
    "

20. - Top - End - #680
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi had sat silently, letting the man continue to awe and impress Oghash. The things he said certain seemed convincing, but the the Cardinal had not chosen them to fall for the first person mentioning the name. There were plenty of ways to find a name ... especially for someone who might have ways of seeing one's thoughts. Sipping his wine carefully, the 'old man' smiled and said, "I'm glad we have a mutual acquaintance. We were hoping to have some help setting up a shop soon enough, but we might have to head back south to check on supplies. Prap's you can help with that. Let's talk upstairs.”

Motioning towards the room they had rented, Ahkmathi let the newcomer go first.

OOC - If y'all want to play this out, that's fine ... or if you want to jump past the convicing part, I'm good there too. Ahkmathi will ask for Anton to remove his circlet and show them his scar. He'll look over the contract and check to see if it aligns with their own. He'll ask about the mission they are on, to see what Anton has been briefed. Anything else we could use to confirm his identity?

Not sure that he wants another wizard type who's name starts with A, but what can you do

Show
    Show

Show
    (4/day)

21. - Top - End - #681

Having finished his meal, the half-elf takes the lead up the stairs with an easy smile. If he is afraid of having the two at his back, it doesn't show in his stride.

Once they enter the room, the mask of jovial friendliness slides from his face, his eyes dispassionately taking in the two who followed him.

"Now that we aren't surrounded by a hundred watching eyes, let us discuss the true business. First, you have doubts - here is a letter from the good Cardinal." Anton says, reaching into his haversack and withdrawing a scroll that he hands to Ahkmathi.

As the two read the scroll and check it to ensure its validity, they take their eyes off of Anton. He smirks mirthlessly to himself as his eyes close, and energy swirls around him, solidifying into flesh and bone. The scrape of scales on wood bring their attention back to where the half-elf stood to see a blue dragon eyeing them with draconic disdain. It looked off though, incomplete - its scales and flesh are slightly transparent, and its wings are small, still growing in. Yet its head looks horned as if a much older specimen, for all that it was only man-sized, instead of looming as large as a house.

"I am Dahaki'larioni'riki'azz - Dahaki is acceptable to my companions. I share my body with Anton, a most interesting tale for another time. For now, we were trapped - briefly - in the Nine Hells, and there we were slain by a powerful devil. Our souls were captured, and to pay a debt to Cardinal Thorn, we were reborn in his service."

Anton's voice overrides the dragon's for a moment. "Before I met Dahaki, I was a thief - and a fairly successful one. At least in so far as not ending up officially captured. No posters with my face on it, no brands. There's probably a wizard out there with a grudge, but given I stole books of forbidden magic from him, he can't be too open with it. Assuming he doesn't believe me dead - someone or something sent me to the Hells. Literally."

The dragon harumphs to himself and takes control of their voice again. "The half-elf's escapades aside, we can assist with finding a suitable minion to run a shop, but doing so ourselves is a waste of time... though if the shop were selling valuables, we have quite a knack for appraising treasure."

22. - Top - End - #682
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi glanced at the letter, his eyes instantly rising when the man before them transformed. His eyes narrowed, but given the figure didn't sprout wings and a halo, he figured it unlikely they would be attacked by a holy infiltrator. He took in the scene for a moment before returning to reading the letter then handing it over to Stvari. He listened to the being (beings?) story and nodded once. He glanced at Stvari once, then back - two members of their knot who had been granted membership based off of some other perceived value. This one spoke of not being captured as if it were a great honor, but did not share the infamy of having defeated Brandascar. While he was not required to like the choice, he was beholden to abide by Thorn's decisions.

To the creature's response regarding a shop, the wizard rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "We did not bring you up here to discuss an actual shop. Our covers here involve traveling merchants and it seemed wise to maintain that image. Although we have taken over the alchemist's business, it is for the continued reduction of resources and opportunities taking over garnered us.

Regardless, we will look to you to assist in any 'diplomatic endeavors' we undertake. For now, we need to prepare for the death of the high priest and the subsequent framing of the alchemist. But it occurs to me ..."
    Ahkmathi paused to look at Stvari. "... if we can pass off the alchemist's grave-robbing as part of his necromatic tendencies, perhaps we can create a scenario where undead have overcome the patrol and the Tower is forced to send an additional patrol out to investigate. Then we would have an opportunity to use the golem to deal with whoever rides forth ... perhaps the final Captain, if we are fortunate. We might even be able to give them a 'prisoner' who helped gather the bodies.”

Turning to Anton, Ahkmathi slowly stroked his chin. "I presume your combined strength would make short work of any normal jail cell you might be placed in, yes"

OOC - Just spit-balling some thoughts ... we don't have to overcomplicate anything, but subterfuge that fricks over the good guys seems par for the course.

Show
    Show

Show
    (4/day)

23. - Top - End - #683

The dragon's slit pupils widen and narrow as he listens to Ahkmathi's explanation. "Are there other shops worth taking over for their income? Or is the final endgame in this town destructive to later interests?" The dragon nods in approval at the elf's plans. "I cannot yet raise the dead on my own, but I can take control of any free roaming undead we encounter. As for your plan to infiltrate me inside... yes, it could work." "But my face isn't yet well known, and it'd be better to keep it that way. Any guards in the prison will, regrettably, need to be silenced." their tone lacks any hint of regret.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground

Stvari smirks openly as he listens to the newcomer's frank discussions. He pores over the contrast, detecting magic upon it and comparing it to his own. Satisfied of its authenticity, he turns to survey the man-turned kinda dragon?- openly. "Aye, you'll do fine," he grunts. "Here's where things stand..." With no frills at all, the Dwarf rapidly summarizes their orders and the state of things, sticking to the facts but sparing no details.

"So Sharon is working the brothel angle, so we can leverage that when our operations no doubt head southwards again. We'll be making an impact on the local clergy in the morning, and with his blessing, introducing the new defensive efforts to the town afterwards. Soon, we'll pay the captain of the keep a visit, and let him invite our friends in. Any immediate questions?"

If the Dwarf has any misgivings, he keeps them to himself, for now.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Shaking his head at the man's response, Ahkmathi waited for Stvari's recap before responding. "As you've heard, you need not worry about your face. We are preparing for the complete destruction of this town at the hands of the bugbears. Once the tower falls, the beasts beyond the wall will wash over this land in a wave of violence. A few guards will be the least of your concerns as we wil likely be focusing on a new mission by then.

For now, we seek to undermine the defenses by any means necessary. Of the four Captains in this town, we've killed two, corrupted one, and one remains in the keep awaiting his inevitable death. We've eliminated the keep wizard and local seer, slain the primary patrol, captured and replaced the alchemist, actively engaged with the prostitution ring, and plan on sacrificing the main priest in order to power a golem we have seized control over. We also plan on infiltrating the dwarven workers who seek to shore up the keep defenses, expand the prostitution ring to the south, possibly poison food and drink supplies in town, unleash the golem within the keep, and slay the Lord.

Should be easy enough, especially with one more added to the team.

Do you have any questions?"

OOC - That should spell out a little bit more for ya

Show
    Show

Show
    (4/day)

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

As Stavri, Ahkmathi and their new colleague in the knot get to know one another the woman in the back room with Oghash slowly smiles. "That sounds okay to me, I would like that power and position, Aye, I would like that very much indeed." She nods downwards, "In the cellar, Barthold has let slip before. The old Lord Captain before the current holier than thou one was a bit more earthy shall we say and enjoyed the pleasures of the flesh as much as any man." She laughs huskily and strokes Oghash's arm in a tempting manner.

"Well, there is a tunnel, dwarven made between the cellar and the Watchtower. I ain't sure where. But the previous Lord Commander used to have wine and women smuggled under the tunnel to the keep where he'd have his fun and then send 'em back. And could do it without his men, or more likley his priest being aware of what he be up to." SMiling she taps Oghash on the nose, "Now, I know where the passage starts, I know how to open it. Fat old Barthold hides his best wine in it. Would that be worth one dead fat madam and instaling a newer, younger model?"

27. - Top - End - #687

NecromancerGuy

Oghash's smile appears immediately and is obviously genuine. "Very good, yes, that will do. It may take a day or two, but you will be madam very soon..." she says as she considers the options this secret opens up. "Those dwarves - they're doing work on the keep's foundation. Any chance they are closing up the tunnel? And when does Mrs. Barthold see the ladies alone? That's the time to strike..."

28. - Top - End - #688
    Titan in the Playground

The young woman shakes her head, "No Miss. The dwarves are working on the gatehouse and the bridge over the ravine and the siege weapons. No-one knows of the tunnel save for a few of us ladies, mainly through rumours that last ladies used to tell us when we first started before they moved on." At the second question she thinks carefully, "Be 2 days miss. She likes to check through our rooms and make sure we are keeping clean on a morning every few days."

---

Is there anything else to do this evening or shall we move to the next day as the Priest comes to town and news of the patrol being late and the missing Captain begins to spread?

29. - Top - End - #689

NecromancerGuy

Continuing to smile at the discovery Oghash/Sharon nods conspiratorially and takes the young woman's hands in hers. "Little sister, I am so glad we've found you. Let's make our...covenant...final," she says, removing a dagger and deliberately pricking her own finger until bright red blood oozes visibly. "Here - draw blood and then we touch fingers..."

(Presuming Rosemary participates) Oghash gently but firmly holds their fingers together with her other hand and intones, "By blood we commit to this. Rosemary will be the new matron, I will lead her as the elder. She will obey me and I will protect her. This we swear by secrecy and contract...Swear it, Rosemary..."

Spoiler: OoC and Mechanics (?)
    Show
    Oghash is intending to make a verbal, but binding, contract with Rosemary, invoking some of Asmodeus' power and influence for weight. It's perhaps a bit heavy-handed, but I figure she has already made clear her willingness to murder Mrs. Barthold, so I think she's likely to be willing.

From here, Oghash will work with her to begin laying the foundation that will lead to more overt Asmodeus-worship and the grisly murder and dinner they will plan in two nights. We can discuss this more if needed, or move along.

Once their pact is completed and Rosemary inducted into Oghash's service, the disguised half-orc returns to her companions to see how discussion goes with their new partner and to report her success. "Rosemary will serve us as I deepen our pact. In two nights we kill Mrs. Barthold and make Rosemary the new matron. The girls will dine with me as we bring them into the fold - any who won't will need to disappear...

There is a tunnel from the inn to the keep basement. We can hide bodies there and use it to get inside the keep. Shall we kill the innkeeper too? Or no?
    " Oghash smiles in satisfaction before a frown crosses her face. "I need to check on Eddarly and Kaitlyn. Too much is left to chance with them out and about...Can we kidnap her? Bring her here and have Rosemary help us hide her? Then we will have the leverage to use the Captain for as long as we like..."

30. - Top - End - #690
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Once the group had gathered together again (alone), Ahkmathi listened closely to Oghash's findings. His eyes lit up a bit as possibilities began to shape. "I believe this will serve our needs, but remember that whatever promises have been made, they will be unable to remain unscathed in Aldencross once the bugbears come. How long will you need to gather sufficient numbers to send southward towards the other towns and 'spread the word?' As I recall, we also considered sending both Eddarly and his mistress, least they come to justice for the murder of Mott. Perhaps you should re-engage the topic with the two love-birds, least they get comfortable in staying.

Speaking of which, have we searched the departed Capt's abode for anything of value? There may be codes, information or tools we can bend to our purpose contained within. "

Pondering for a moment, Ahkmathi continued. "Once we deal with the priest tomorrow, our timelines will begin to shorten. We have slain two Captains and have a third in our thrall. That leaves Barthold to deal with. We can either do something to bring him here to deal with his brother-in-law, or do something with the small watch tower to get him and twenty of his troops to exit the castle. Of course, it might be best we save that for our attack on the keep itself. We also need to know how many troops might be in the keep ... and what exactly the dwarves are doing to the bridge. Perhaps something our new friend, Dahaki'larioni'riki'azz, might do?

In the meantime, what if we sent word to the keep that Alicia was overstepping her bounds, and planning on cutting her husband out of the business permanently? We could ensure Barthold found her in a compromised situation, perhaps with the blood of her husband on her hands? That might eliminate a problem without our overt involvement, as well as provide us an opportunity to learn more about the last Captain."

OOC - Getting back into it and offering some thoughts. A good post for everyone to review is Number 477

Show
    Show

Show
    (4/day)