New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: WFRP 2.0 The Haunting IC

"Ooh, these look expensive," Magnar said, pointing at the silver goblets, "anything else here, like any critters that we have to dispose of?"
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Shaking his head at the greed of the dwarfs, Helmut follows them into the room. Leaning in, he peers at the liquor bottles hopefully, but refrains from reaching out and taking them.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Jasmine grabs one of the jars of tobacco and tucks into her backpack. After a moment, she also grabs the silver case and the sandalwood box and climbs down from the chair. Granny Featherblossom handles the fencing for the family, she'd handle these things. She wanders over to where the dwarf is looking at the papers and asks, "See anything?"

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    "See anything?"
    Varnya shrugs, 'Only if you need writing equipment. That stuff isn't cheap.' She's not taking anything from this house without a really good reason. 'Maybe the owner keeps their diary somewhere else.'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

If there's nothing interesting in the desk drawers Varnya's going to go to the next unopened room.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Magnar followed Varnya, weapon at the ready. This house was crazy and he wanted to be ready, just in case.

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    Varnya shrugs, 'Only if you need writing equipment. That stuff isn't cheap.' She's not taking anything from this house without a really good reason. 'Maybe the owner keeps their diary somewhere else.'

Show

If there's nothing interesting in the desk drawers Varnya's going to go to the next unopened room.
    Varnya's search through the desk drawers is fruitful when she reaches into the middle drawer and finds a key crafted from bone.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Anyone taking anything else before leaving the room. Jasmine grabbed one of the jars of tobacco, the silver case, and the sandalwood box. Varnya I assume is taking the key made of bone.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

'This is a cursed place.' Varnya will hold the key up to the others, 'Looks like bone to me. What's the chance it was taken from someone. I'll take it in case we actually need it to open something. Afterwards it's going in the fire with the rest of the house.'

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"All bones belonged to something sometimes. Grind them up, makes a good addition to compost. The good stuff that is. Not the cheapo stuff the humies like to buy."

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Right you are," Magnar said to Varnya, grabbing the silver goblets before following the others, weapons ready.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

"All bones belonged to something sometimes. Grind them up, makes a good addition to compost. The good stuff that is. Not the cheapo stuff the humies like to buy."
    'I'm not taking any chances.' Varnya mutters. Before they leave she will look for a bottle of alcohol to take with her. 'It's made by umgi but it should burn all the same.'

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

As the dwarves reach into the wooden cabinet to grab the silver goblets and the bottle of booze a wooden manikin slides out on a wooden tray. The manikin is an automaton in the form of an Araby boy with a hookah pipe. It is attached to an opaque bell jar that swirls with smoke and sparks of blue flame. The boy-automaton puffs a smoke ring into the room which hovers in the air between Varnya and Magnar for a second before flaring brightly and transforming into a body of an Araby man composed entirely of fire and smoke. The image floats through the air as if weightless. It puts a flaming finger at Magnar and utters Who disturbs my rest?

Show

Everyone roll initiative.
    initMFS - (1d10+25)[32]
    if you beat the initiative above feel free to post your actions. To set the scene Varyna and Magnar are on either sides of this flaming figure. Helmut and Jasmine are a few yards further away but could easily get into melee range, however spacing would eliminate charge as an action in doing so.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"We didn't disturb anything," Magnar didn't hesitate and swung his axe as soon as he figure came near him, then readied himself to parry anything that came his way.

Spoiler: OOC actions and rolls
    Show

half-action: attack (1d100)[73] vs 48 (+10 for outnumbering it's vs 58)
    damage: (1d10+5)[12]
    half-action: parry stance

if Ulric's fury:
    attack (1d100)[57] vs 48 (+10 for outnumbering it's vs 58)
    damage: (1d10+5)[14]

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Jasmine backs away from the apparition as fast as possible to the far edge of the room. "Cheeky Bottoms at yer service", she says. "Who the heck are you?"

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Jasmine backs away from the apparition as fast as possible to the far edge of the room. "Cheeky Bottoms at yer service", she says. "Who the heck are you?"
    Well I wanted fire 'It's a Daemon.' Varnya replies without any certainty. For all she knew such things were common in Araby.

Spoiler
    Show

Varnya's at the bottom of the initiative so I'll wait and see how it responds to being hit.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

I am the spirit of Ud'zi al-Qaar imprisoned in servitude for a 1000 years and YOU share taste my wrath because of it.
    The fire spirit thrusts a fist of flame towards each dwarf as it hovered in the air. The dwarves duck down as the burning hands pass over where their heads were a moment before.
    Show

Swift Attack = Full Action
    AttackM - (1d100)[85]
    DamM - (1d10)[8]
    AttackV - (1d100)[65]
    DamV - (1d10)[3]
    UFConfirm - (1d100)[11]
    UFDam - (1d10)[4]
    I just realized I skipped Helmut.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

That sounded like a yes. 'You should have stayed asleep Daemon.' Varnya is not sure if they can actually kill a Daemon but will be damned if she's going to be intimidated by it. She'll attempt to force it back towards something flammable.

Show

Full Action - All Out Attack

vs. WS 43 (+20)
    (1d100)[43]

Any Damage
    (1d10+3)[12]

Any Grimnir's Fury
    (1d100)[73]
    (1d10)[9]

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Varnya's hammer passes through the body of the flaming spirit. The flames appeared to waver for a second in the area where her hammer passed. She wasn't sure but the dwarf believed her blows made some sort of impact on the foul spirit however the spirit remained in its previous location.
    Show

Still waiting for Helmut to make a post. But solid hit from Varnya. This spirit is not wearing armor of any type. If you want to force the hovering fire spirit to move it would probably take the half action Maneuver to move it one square back but this action also mentions you can't use it to force people into other characters or terrain features. So if you wanted to do that it would probably take a successful grapple followed by a move. The grappler of a fire spirit would be taking some fire damage each round it grappled the living flames.

18. - Top - End - #168

Goblin

Helmut roars at the spirit, holding up his icon of Sigmar in his left hand as he charges in, morningstar swinging:

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Initiative: (1d10+32)[38]
    Charge (Full Action): (1d100)[35] TN 51
    Damage: (1d10+4)[11] (1d10+4)[8]
    Last edited by Morovir; 2021-02-02 at 04:18 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

The Zealot's flail sweeps through the fiery man's right leg the whole apparition shudders as the flail passes through the flames trailing wisps of smoke.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Jasmine reaches down and grabs Pickle's collar so he can't lunge into the fire. Then she reaches in her pocket and pulls out the sandalwood box with the carved man on it. She waves it at the demon and shouts, "Hey, I've got yer box! That means ya gotta do what I say! Stop it!"
    Last edited by dojango; 2021-02-02 at 09:13 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171

Goblin

Shaking his head at the halfling's attempts to negotiate with the spirit, Helmut brings his morningstar back around for another swing, icon in hand and prayers to Sigmar on his lips.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    All-Out Attack: (1d100)[28] TN 71 (WS 41 +20 AoA +10 Outnumbered)
    Damage: (1d10+4)[6]

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

That box is not mine any more than my will is yours to control. The flaming spirit laughs at the halfling's attempt to control it. The laughing stops as the figure looks to grimace as the Zealot's morningstar(?) passes through its incorporeal right leg again at very nearly the exact location it previously struck. The flames in the limb appeared subdued and were reduced to wisps of smoke.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Then we'll do it the old fashioned way," Mangar grumbled as he swung his axe again.

Spoiler: OOC actions and rolls
    Show

half-action: attack (1d100)[39] vs 58 for damage: (1d10+5)[7]
    half-action: parry (1d100)[24] vs 58

Ulrics's fury (if needed): attack (1d100)[55] vs 58 for damage: (1d10+5)[14]

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

With the apparition's right leg a wispy cloud Magnar swings his axe passing through the flaming creature's left leg. His axe glowing red hot as it trails wisps of smoke from the creature. The spirit of Ud'zi al-Qaar glanced down at his legs as they turned into clouds of smoke that roiled up over his chest. The spirit let out a cry of Sweet release. as it vanished from the room leaving behind the scent of sulfur mingled with hints of burnt tobacco.
    Show

Crit - (1d100)[35] Sudden Death Crit!

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Anybody has any idea what the hell that was," Magnar asked when the thing vanished.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

'It was a Demon, or something close enough as to make no difference. I think someone bound it to this place and I think we let it out.' Varnya is matter of fact about this. She didn't know it was in there. 'Maybe it was weakened by it's imprisonment.'

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Jasmine tucks the box back in her pockets and gives Pickle a head rub. "Said he was a spirit imprisoned here for 1000 years. Hope that don't mean we're stuck here for that long."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

Jasmine tucks the box back in her pockets and gives Pickle a head rub. "Said he was a spirit imprisoned here for 1000 years. Hope that don't mean we're stuck here for that long."
    'Lot of time to try breaking out of here in 1000 years.' Varnya mutters 'Although what if someone else manages to wander in here before that?'

In the corridor, 'Do you think this place has a staircase? It looked big enough from the outside if we can trust that.'

29. - Top - End - #179

Goblin

Spitting on the ground where the spirit had vanished, Helmut snorts at the faded apparition.

"Pathetic."

Turning back to the rest of them, he straightens his coat and adjusts his hat:

"We must find the master of this house and bring them Sigmar's justice. Only then will we be free."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Agreed," Magnar said, "Let's do the nearest door first."