New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Fall in the Mall 1987 - AFMBE IC

Out of Character Thread
    Columbia Place Mall, Columbia, SC October 30th, 1987 9:05 PM
    Hundreds of teens mill about the grand foyer of the Columbia Place Mall. An excited buzz permeates the place as Mrs. Klander the principal of Richland Northeast High School takes the stage with a bullhorn in her left hand and big smile on her face. She presses a button on the hand of the bullhorn and it emits a loud siren sound grabbing the attention of the crowd. Mrs. Klander clears her throat before giving her welcoming speech.
    Congratulations to all of you bright minds and helpful hands. You've earned the right to be here at our 13th annual Fall in the Mall event. We've got a fun-packed night planned for you here at Columbia Place Mall. Upstairs outside the Babbage's there is an exciting computer gaming thing going on. There'll be movie going all night over by the food court. There are going to be all manner of games in the center of the mall including relay races, bobbing for apples, a pie throwing event with several of the teachers and coaches for your school present. Later there will be options for crafting, reading, or even sleeping. the crowd boos the mention of getting some sleep. Principal Klander continues And through it all there's unlimited snacks and drinks provided so you have the energy to stay up all night if you choose. There's a cheer from the younger kids in attendance.

Spoiler: Vincent Vales
    Show

You hear the speech echo through the mall up and over towards you and Mr. Maxwell. The old man leaned on your help to get the network of 10 SGI workstations up and running. It took a bit of work but you've tested the game runing on multiple stations and everything seems to be working. You wondering how many of your classmates are going to make their way up in your direction for the gaming competition and doubt that Rebecca Carlson would be one.

Spoiler: Katherine Hart & Giselle Nasri
    Show

Argh there be Captain Katy! Betsy also dressed a pirate lass calls out as she sees the giant Jolly Roger attached to Katherine's colorguard flagpole. It was her idea to go as pirates but Katy's to use the flagpole as a sign to gather up. Besidies Giselle, Katherine and Betsy there was another girlfriend and the group's token boy who were all to meet up dressed as pirates. [ooc]Feel free to name these characters[/ooc] Betsy starts chatting and she mentions the news of a tragic environmental accident just being reported. She was always the most Earth consicous of your friends pushing for things like recycling and planting trees. You can only make out a few words above the speech and the other chatter around you. ... irradiated contamination of Broad River for who knows how long. Those fat cats at V.C. Summers have doomed us all.

Spoiler: Eleanor
    Show

Your camera in your hands you are snapping a few photos of the gathered crowd on the 1st floor from your vantage point on the second story. You are leaning over the guard rail to get the best angle for your shot. A fresh can of soda at your feet. Having just spent the last 3 hours helping set up various parts of the event you feel you've earned a little me time and are looking forward to hiding in a corner with your book Equal Rites.

Spoiler: Embry Thomas
    Show

As Principal Klander rattles on you roll your eyes and look around to see if you recognize anyone there- almost out of fear that you might be recognized in turn. If it weren't for Jessie you'd be at jamming on the guitar or reading a book. Speaking of Jessie she had run off just a minute ago after spotting some her cheerleader friends. Now where was she?

Spoiler: John Wilson
    Show

John looked over the crowd of teenagers annoyed. He was the sole mall security personel present due to a coworker calling in sick at the last moment. This was going to be a long night but at least the Columbia Police Department had dispatched four officers to the event. Two were working the admittance and checking kids at the door making sure no one brought in any weapons or booze. The other two were wandering the crowds basically checking for kids who peeled away to smoke weed or make out somewhere. John scanned the group of kids once more. It had been a long day at the mall around and now he was stuck here until the morning.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If everyone can please roll a d10 + Perception + Notice

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Fall in the Mall 1987 - AFMBE IC

Giselle, trying to look somewhat less blasé about both the Big Speech and Betsy (and secretly, at some level, quite grateful for the former drowning out the latter presenting yet another Final Doom of the Day and End of Days scenario), lays a comforting, light hand on her overeager friend's shoulder. Sh-yeah, the gall. It's totally horrible. she makes a point of agreeing with some delicately constructed, melodious tone of concern woven into her voice. And she doesn't even roll her eyes. She's especially proud of that. Instead, she merely flicks a melancholy look at the crowd and the place, as if looking for the signs of Kingdom Come.

Show

Perception/notice: (1d10+4)[13] Does Situational Awareness factor into that? G. has it.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Feeling an internal sigh of relief at finding her friends, Katy waved the flag in question, making sure to hold it high enough for her band buddies to see it. She thought she could see Josh, too, though he was staring off in the wrong direction to see her flag. She called out loudly, “Ahoy, me mateys!” Then after swaggering over to Betsy, in more conversational tones, she continued, “Aye, if we be seein’ those scurvy nuclear dogs, we be makin’ em walk the plank,” and Katy winked. This was going to be so fun!
    Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d10)[4]+2+2
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

John finds himself watching the principal make her announcement as he was "patrolling" around stretching his legs. He preferred to be in one of the side hallways, but found himself crossing a stretch of public area as he crossed from one side to the other of the mall. He laughed to himself as the kids jeered the sleep and applauded the caffeine, but he didn't blame them. It wasn't so long ago he preferred that too. Now he gratefully took whatever opportunity he could to sleep, as he found himself kept awake by his past experiences, especially reliving that horrible experience that got him promoted.

Shaking himself from his melancholic revelry, he avails himself of some of the coffee for the adults that is left near the food and candy for the kids. He then continues his patrol, making his way back to the warren of back hallways that connects all the stores and things, making sure no kids have snuck away.

Show
    [roll]1d10+5[/roll] (Notice 3, Perception 2) with +2 from Situational Awareness if applicable.
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2023-10-03 at 06:10 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5

Spoiler: perception again
    Show
    (1d10+5)[15] with +2 from Situational Awareness to be added if applicable

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Spoiler: perception again
    Show
    [roll0] with +2 from Situational Awareness to be added if applicable
    Show
    Rogue_Alchemist wouldn't that natural 10 trigger the rule of 10 requiring an additional d10 roll to see how successful that Perception check was? I'll be posting an update post later today going to give a few more hours for our other players. Also been thinking about the tapestry we need to weave and I hope there's no problem with making Giselle and Katy friends. Any objections to including Rebecca Carlson in the friendship group? She is Vincent Vale's crush and would provide a link between the characters. So the pirates crew would be Giselle, Katy, Rebecca, and Josh.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by LarsWester View Post
    Show
    Rogue_Alchemist wouldn't that natural 10 trigger the rule of 10 requiring an additional d10 roll to see how successful that Perception check was? I'll be posting an update post later today going to give a few more hours for our other players. Also been thinking about the tapestry we need to weave and I hope there's no problem with making Giselle and Katy friends. Any objections to including Rebecca Carlson in the friendship group? She is Vincent Vale's crush and would provide a link between the characters. So the pirates crew would be Giselle, Katy, Rebecca, and Josh.
    Spoiler: OOC/Perception trigger
    Show
    (1d10)[9]+15 = 24. You are correct Lars, I had quite a bit of trouble getting this to format correctly and take, so I got it to finally go through and went back to other jobs. Thanks for looking out. I wish this dice roller was a *bit* more robust
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2023-10-03 at 10:22 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Spoiler: OOC/Perception trigger
    Show
    [roll0]+15 = 24. You are correct Lars, I had quite a bit of trouble getting this to format correctly and take, so I got it to finally go through and went back to other jobs. Thanks for looking out. I wish this dice roller was a *bit* more robust
    Spoiler: OOC John's Perception
    Show
    Rule of 10 is also very unintuitive. I get what they are trying to do but it basically half explosive dice. The second d10 has 5 subtracted from it. If the second D10 is a 10 it halfway explodes again. So this allows for crazy roll results but makes them less likely. In this case I have John's perception result as being 19 which places it in the Fifth level of success or Excellent. The way I'm going to rule on this check is that John clocks 5 distinct things with his different senses.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

"So, everything looks to be running fine, all the stations are working and the games are running well with each other. Will that be everything?" Vincent asked Mr. Maxwell hopefully. He hadn't planned on being there, instead wanting to find Rebecca and maybe talk to her, at the very least, but he'd been asked and, well, he couldn't really say no. And so, here he was, dealing with tech stuff that anyone could have done while chances to get closer to his crush were slipping away, one by one. And he needed every chance he could get. "Look, everything should basically run itself now, and if not, anyonw interested in this will know how to deal with it just as much as me. Well, nearly as much as me. Just... can I go now?" he asked, almost plaintively.

Show

(1d10+6)[8]

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler: Vincent Vales
    Show

Mr. Maxwell turns to you smiling. Yes thank you greatly for your help setting this up Vincent. You have a gift for computers my boy that most lack. I think you may not be aware of how much the average person lacks in this area compared to you. I hope you and your friends come and enter the tournament later. Go have some fun now. Vincent fails to see Rebecca anywhere from his current vantage point on the Western foyer of the 2nd floor. Principal Klander is continuing her introduction of the night's events on the 1st floor in the center between the escalators. That's where the majority of the students have gathered to hear what the plan is for the evening.

Spoiler: Giselle
    Show

Perception 13 3rd degree success
    Glancing through the crowd Giselle notices the rest of their pirate crew. Rebecca Carlson looks great with her hair swept back and tied down with a red bandana with a black skull and crossbones. She has a puffy white shirt and a brown leather skirt with a plastic sword hanging from a loop on a belt. She waves to Giselle and starts making her way over. Josh seeing Rebecca turns his head to finally notice the giant pirate flag. What a lovable idiot he is dressed as the Dread Pirate Roberts from the Princess Bride. Looking over the crowd Giselle also notices a group of about 6 JV football players from Spring Valley High School who have surrounded three younger girls who were wearing matching jackets that called them out as cheerleaders of Dent Middle School. It looked like the older boys were giving the younger girls a hard time. With her keen eye Giselle also noticed that a few kids had broken away and were heading towards the bathroom. She thought her eyes caught one of them pass a lighter to another.

Spoiler: Katherine
    Show

Perception 4
    Katy is happy to see Josh dressed in black from head to toe looking like the Dread Pirate Robert from Princess Bride. How many times had he dragged them all out to the theater to watch that movie. Katy was surprised when Rebecca Carlson actually beats him to the group. Rebecca Carlson had her hair swept back and tied down with a red bandana with a black skull and crossbones. She has a puffy white shirt and a brown leather skirt with a plastic sword hanging from a loop on a belt. With the pirate crew assembled the night can officially begin.

Spoiler: Embry
    Show

Perception 9 - success
    Embry was able to catch a glimpse of Jessie's red and gold hoop earrings, the colors of Dent Middle School, in the crowd. She was with two of her cheerleading friends. A group of 6 older boys closed around the three younger girls and even from this distance Embry could tell they were starting to give them a hard time.

Spoiler: John
    Show

Perception 19 - 5th level of success
    John clocks several things on his patrol through mall. First he overhears several conversations among the kids about some environmental disaster that made the news. Something involving V.C. Summers Nuclear Station and leaking radiation into Broad River. John hadn't had a chance to watch any news reports himself today being stuck at the mall since open. He wasn't sure if he should chalk the conversation of the teens as paranoia or if there was any truth behind it. As he passed Officer Mendoza who offered him a smile and nod, his ears caught a snippet of her radio reporting a call of shots fired in Elmwood Park. John's sharp eyes caught a few other things. One he noticed a group of teens pulling away heading towards the bathrooms most likely to smoke something. Second he happened to see down on the first floor a crowd of 6 older teens with Spring Valley JV letter jackets surround three girls wearing sweatshirts stating Dent Middle School cheerleading. Finally he caught a draft and turned to see someone had managed to prop open an outside door to the mall. Probably some kid leaving a way in for some fool who didn't manage to get an invite.

Spoiler: Eleanor
    Show

After taking enough shots of the gathered crowd to satisfy her Eleanor sat down back against the 3' high glass wall protecting people from the opening down to the first floor. She started reading her book excited to leave this world and Columbia Place Mall for the realm of Discworld.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Also been thinking about the tapestry we need to weave and I hope there's no problem with making Giselle and Katy friends. Any objections to including Rebecca Carlson in the friendship group? She is Vincent Vale's crush and would provide a link between the characters. So the pirates crew would be Giselle, Katy, Rebecca, and Josh.
    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    No objections on my part.

Ahoy there, Becca! Ahoy Josh!” Katy greeted. “Now that our merry band be complete, where be we fine swabbies sailin’ off to first? Arr, but me memory be slippin’. Pictures be first! And then we be settin’ sail!” She motioned for everyone to bunch up while she juggled the flag pole from hand to hand to extract the camera.

Show
    Feel free to tell her to wait for later if you’d rather.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

"You missed your chance to call me a wiz," Vincent joked, referring to his costume. A lame joke that likely fell flat. He didn't stay around much to see the result, instead option, perhaps wisely, to make his retreat back down to the main area. He didn't even know what Rebecca would be dressed at, but he was certainly more likely to find her down there than up where he was. And if he didn't succeed, he could always return and console himself showing whoever bothered to get up there how it was done.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Eleanor nods to herself, as she slips down to the floor to read her book, she'd done a good job with the decorations. She was particularly proud of how the bats had turned out. She pockets the camera, having taken the obligatory shots of the crowd for the Council, and the decorations for herself. She spares a glance down at the crowd, feeling a brief pang of loneliness before returning to her book, she doesn't really know anyone down there anyway, though maybe she'll check out the horror movie marathon later, even if they were unlikely to show any of the really scary stuff.

Show
    Sorry I'm late, haven't been well the last few days, all my character stuff should be complete and in the OOC Thread. Here's a Notice check, if it's still relevant: (1d10+5)[7]
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

14. - Top - End - #14

The little girls in trouble do get Giselle's brief attention, but only for so long as she mentally files it as a "look the other way" class occurence; sucks to be them, but she needs no trouble in her life. No trouble not of her own choosing, that is. The lighter puts a blink-and-one'll-miss smirk in the corner of her mouth. She's been trying to reach that dumb oaf Manny for days to no avail. These kids may yet prove a resource; she'll have to sniff around thereabouts and definitely make a mental note of their faces. (It better not be weed, though.)

For the time being, nevertheless, she has more pressing business in the shape of the crew finally converging. She lets go of Betsy's arm. Rebecca and Josh get a hug and a grin each. And Katy… English, please, oh captain. she pinches the bridge of her nose with most decadent languor. Swabby sounds like those stick things you clean ears with. she adds with a smile, shifting close by Katy's side. Anyhow, she adjusts her hair with a light flick of her hand, flipping the blue parrot feather hanging from her right ear onto her shoulder with the same momentum. think I'll have to hit a bathroom first. You think the water's safe, Betsy? she circles a finger in said friend's direction. Betsy says there's some world's-ending **** onagain; she explains for Becca and Josh's benefit.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CardTrick View Post
    Embry sighs deeply at the sight of some pathetic wastoids giving his sister and her friends grief. They were locked in for the night with plenty of cute high school girls just roaming all over the place, but these losers were spending their all energy harassing a trio of middle school kids.

Hoofing it over to Jessie...
    As Embry approaches he overhears some of the wastoids last comments. Jessie it's a shame you'll never grow up to be as hot as your mom. This dude's buddy added She cooked me up something nice at the Country Club last weekend. Then a third piled on If your mom ever got hungry I got something for her mouth right here. pointing down to his crotch.
    Show

I think I'm going to ask for a Willpower check here for Embry to try to ignore the comments of the wastoids. If you choose to not ignore the comments depending on the method an Intimidation(Str) or a Brawling(Str) check may be in order.
    Also Embry up close recognizes these boys as the ones who recently harassed and catcalled Jessie. (I.E. from the backstory the reason Embry is here in the first place.)

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    English, please, oh captain. she pinches the bridge of her nose with most decadent languor. Swabby sounds like those stick things you clean ears with.
    Nay, it be a nautical term for fine sailors such as ourselves! But okay,” Katy replied, dropping the accent and deflating somewhat. One of the few things she’d managed to pick up in history class first try, too!
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

"For serious, Jess? You get me to take the night off from shooting practice, throw on this lame-o preppie blazer and come play personnal chauffer and chaperone... just to bounce on me at the doors? Not cool." , before shooting her friends, whose names he is only half for sure are Trina and Debs, a smile, "We should head to the food court before all the good snacks and seats are taken", that abruptly shifts into an incredulous, eyebrow raised smirk, "Jessie was pulling my leg about none of you having seen Gremlins yet, right? There's NO WAY."
    All three girls looked relieved to see Embry show up. Trina and Debs return Embry's smile and shake their heads no in unison. When he leads them away from the football players and towards the movie theaters one of the wastoids, the one with the nasty comment about Embry's mom, sticks his foot out to trip Embry as he walks past.
    Spoiler: OOC Mechanics
    Show

Jerkface attempts to trip Embry by kicking out at his feet.
    BrawlDexKick - (1d10+5)[14]
    Damage - (1d4)[4] x 4 if it hits.
    Initiative - (1d10+3)[5]
    DodgeDexIfRequired - (1d10+5)[13]
    Need at least a Dodge/Dex check from Embry. Then your call obviously on his response. Jerkface has a few buddies around but you get he is the ringleader.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Embry's skull cracks on the mall cement and he dies.
    This will be retconned as that isn't what the dice showed. Let me check in with Card Trick to verify he is out but Embry isn't dead either way. In fact he completed side stepped the trip attack.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Katy spends the next two hours with her friends doing whatever activities they deem worth doing, taking pictures of whatever seems to be picture-worthy and making regular runs for soda and snacks.

Show
    Katy will be her usual clingy self and stick with her social circle first and foremost, only breaking off occasionally for food and maybe a bathroom run. If none of her friends have any preference as to activity, then my vote goes to the horror movie marathon so we could conceivably run into Eleanor. Not sure how to rope John in, sorry!
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Eleanor spends a while quietly engrossed in her book, but after about half an hour or so realises she's a little hungry. She's packed several sandwiches for herself, as usual, but free snacks are free snacks. She carefully places a bookmark in her library book and tucks it back into her bag before venturing out to see what sort of free food they were offering the students. Maybe the horror movie marathon could be worth it, Little Shop of Horrors sounds like it has potential. After securing food she'll find an out of the way place to watch the movie marathon from, and sit down there for the remainder of the first two hours.

21. - Top - End - #21

There weren't that many student invited. With two hours, Vincent easily managed to fin where Rebecca was. She was, however, surrounded by her friends and he hadn't managed to find any opening, any excuse to get close enough to talk to her. After a while, he started to wonder if he really should give up and go back to the computers. He hadn't quite given up hope yet, however.

22. - Top - End - #22

Having broken away from the others for long enough to sniff out for herself how very right she was, and to track down the other smokers, learning that asshat Manny is in here and didn't even bother to explain himself, Giselle returns to the crew inwardly grumpy, but vaguely hopeful. She will track down that moron, give him hell, and get her due damn smokes out of it. She's very sure of it. All she needs to do is drift about some more with these four and not fall asleep standing while so occupied. If Katy's tentative interest in the movies catches on, maybe she can fall asleep sitting. That would probs help her stay cool. God, this is gonna be a long night.

Show

Giselle doesn't CARE and is very fine with the movies idea.

23. - Top - End - #23

John clocks the door and mutters to himself "I don't care who did it, I am not inviting vagrants into the mall on a night like this" as he heads to close it. Then he moves to check on the group of rivals, but thankfully sees he is too late. It looks like a bad bruise, but nothing that shouldn't heal with time. Kids are young and bounce back quickly. He did not want to have to try to talk some punk kids down.

John isn't too interested in busting teens for smoking. Let kids be kids, they aren't breaking any of his laws. He then continues his rounds, feeling a bit spooked with all the chatter about a nuclear spill and possible shots fired. He keeps checking over his shoulder, but he chalks most of it up to kids being precocious. Any time it is an off limits area, he investigates enough to open the door and look down the hallway, using his commander voice to give a brisk "Everybody out!" But he doesn't bust them to anyone who will actually punish them.

He can tell he is in for a long night of kids trying to see what they can get away with. He hopes he gets a chance to sneak away for at least some peace and quiet at some point, but he knows you have to start tough on the kids to set the boundary.

Show
    It's the late 80's, everyone is smoking something :p. So long as it'll mellow them out, what's the harm. (Seriously people in my neck of the woods could still buy them underage from the gas station pretty easily, especially if your friend was working there).

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Columbia Place Mall, 11:00PM October 30th, 1987
    The end credits of Gremlins scrolls across the scene and the lights kick on as the gathered kids dash off for bathroom breaks and runs for more free soft drinks and popcorn. Vincent sees Rebecca start to stand and move away from her seat.
    Well Mateys! This thirst must be quenched, or I be no pirate wench. Rebecca says to Giselle, Katy, and the other pirates standing up from her seat and heading to the open food court soft drink counter. Looking back over her shoulder she calls out You coming or not. We should make it back in time for Little Shop of Horrors if we hurry.

Eleanor having stocked up recently on snacks and drinks has a window of opportunity to get closer in some of the vacatted seats or stay where she is currently at a bit further away from the screen and the audio is not that great.

John notices on his last circuit that he only saw two of the previous four officers. Officer Mendoza looks on the shuffling crowd of teens with a nervous look on her face. Her radio is in her hand held up to her ear. As John nears a mall entrance he hears a banging on the glass door.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Aye, wench, I be comin’!” Katy replied. “A bathroom break before the next one would be great.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Eleanor contemplates staying at the back where it's less crowded, but she hasn't had the chance to see Little Shop of Horrors yet. She glances around to see if anyone else is beelining for her chosen spot closer to the screen, before getting up and shuffling over. Once safely in a new seat, she removes her big witch's hat and sits it in her lap, it's only polite after all plus it covers her bag full of surplus snacks raided from the counters in case anyone's feeling grabby.

27. - Top - End - #27

Giselle stretches and suppresses a small yawn. Is she sore! Better not feed our Becca after midnight. she smirks, trying her best to ensure the others that no, she didn't sleep through all the movie. Also, yeah, bathrooms. she forces herself into something resembling a standing position. Good thinking. she may even run into that jerk Manny and kick his fat ass. The general area of any bathroom has a fair chance of containing smokers, making those a natural habitat for Manny.

Show

Not to mention that teenage girls hitting the bathroom in groups of less than three is unnatural and we must not let it happen.

28. - Top - End - #28

John notices on his last circuit that he only saw two of the previous four officers. Officer Mendoza looks on the shuffling crowd of teens with a nervous look on her face. Her radio is in her hand held up to her ear. As John nears a mall entrance he hears a banging on the glass door.
    John suspects the cops are sneaking off for their donut breaks and maybe a little sugar crash, but hasn't forgotten about the shots fired he heard over the radio earlier.

"Darn teenagers!" John grumbles as he heads to the door to tell them to quit trying to spook each other.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    John is investigating the door noises, do you need a roll or anything?

29. - Top - End - #29

Vincent was fairly miserable. Oh, the movie had been great, of course, but he would have wanted to watch it with Rebecca, not merely near her. But her group of friends seemed to be forming an impenetrable barrier. Still, maybe... maybe now was his chance. Rebecca was going for drinks and he was close enough to hear that some were going to the washroom. Maybe he could hope that she would be left alone, then? And so, he followed, ostensibly to get drinks as well, but more in hopes that he might be able to at least exchange a few words with his crush tonight. All he needed was a chance and then... well... He didn't actually think much of his chances, but trying was better than doing nothing, right?

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Katy, Giselle and Betsy all head off to the bathroom reaching the required quota of three teenage girls. As they approach the bathroom Giselle sees Manny standing against the wall by the boys bathroom. There's three other boys standing around him, backs towards the girls.

Josh followed Rebecca to the drinks counter catching a glimpse of Vincent as he was headed there himself. Josh waves Vincent over and starts talking to him. Hey Vincent I heard from some people that you helped set up that computer network with the plane fighting games upstairs. Super cool. You're like a computer wiz, right? I heard that computer jobs were going to be super in demand in the future. Have you made any decision about college yet? Josh and Vincent were in a couple classes together including math class. Rebecca hasn't really said a word or seem like she's paying any attention to the conversation at this point.

John rounds the corner to see an adult woman banging on the entrance door with a frantic look on her face. Her car lights on a few feet behind her John can see, from the exhaust in the colder October air, that it is still running.

Eleanor settles into her seat at the front as kids come back from getting snacks to watch the next movie the seats around her begin to fill up. There's only a couple more minutes before the start of Little Shop of Horrors. Eleanor hears one of the kids behind her start to blab about the movie. So then the guy starts feeding the plant people. It's awesome. You'll see.