New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 71: All I Want For Thanksmas Is You

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Plum Mountain Park - Chariot Cat]

The woman on the bridge considers that question.

"I think so?" she replies after a few minutes. "The spirits of the park. Three gaiad sisters. If you touch any of the plum trees and start talking to them they'll hear you."

She points at one of the plum trees growing nearby.

Well!

That certainly makes things easy doesn't it?

The imp flies up and perches on Yone's shoulder, seemingly rather impatient after having to stare at the bridge woman for several minutes. "Great and that response didn't take like forever." She declares while crossing her arms over her chest. "But I ain't touching no fey tree so I guess you should get that information now, huh?" She glances at the bridge woman. "But only for these boss ladies. No one else, ye' hear?"

2. - Top - End - #692
    Firbolg in the Playground

The woman on the bridge considers that question.
    "I think so?" she replies after a few minutes. "The spirits of the park. Three gaiad sisters. If you touch any of the plum trees and start talking to them they'll hear you."
    She points at one of the plum trees growing nearby.
    Well!
    That certainly makes things easy doesn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    The imp flies up and perches on Yone's shoulder, seemingly rather impatient after having to stare at the bridge woman for several minutes. "Great and that response didn't take like forever." She declares while crossing her arms over her chest. "But I ain't touching no fey tree so I guess you should get that information now, huh?" She glances at the bridge woman. "But only for these boss ladies. No one else, ye' hear?"
    Yone flicks her ears and turns to look at the imp on her shoulder. How presumptuous. Okay yes, this fey is being very slow, but she is trying to help, you can see on her face. They should be patient.
    "You are kind to volunteer such information to us." But the imp does have a point.
    So Yone says to the bridge woman, "You won't remember that we were here or anything that we mentioned." And most likely this becomes true; this woman has no name, no history, and her story only briefly touched theirs; it should be so easy to edit it out.
    The chariot rolls across the bridge and over to the indicated plum tree, where she hops.

"You tell me, imp, and I'll relay it through the tree. Less risk."
    And there's probably no reason not to do so.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2020-12-10 at 04:35 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

[Plum Mountain Mercs]

And so our heroes move off beyond the treeline and (hopefully) have the good sense to remain on the pathway.

The quickest way to run into trouble in a magical forest is to start poking around off the roads.

An example of that trouble? There's a bunch of shouting coming from none too far away. It sounds like one larger voice and a whole bunch of smaller ones that sound exactly the same all talking over each other. Whatever it is that they're having an altercation over sounds serious.

"NO! Rock's aren't magic just because they have shiny bits in them! That's stupid!"

Okay maybe not that serious.

The voices are coming from juuuuust beyond a mass of bushy shrubs along the edge of the path. It would be pretty easy to push through and find out who's arguing. Maybe ask them a few questions? What's the worst thing that could happen stepping off the trail? Not like this weald is malevolent or anything.
    Olvisin stops abruptly.

"We've found someone. But they're hidden. I was hoping we'd meet someone without having to step off the beaten path."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #694

The imp glances at the bridge woman and raises an eyebrow. "Uh, I meant for us to like... talk in private? But I see how it is. I get impatient and it's 'rude' but yer' casually erasin' people's memories and it's cool."

The imp crosses its arms over her chest and let's out a little sight. "But anyway, listen closely now fey, since I'm not gonna repeat any of this, ya' got that?" But without waiting for confirmation the imp continues. "So... there's this... um, metaphorical mind place. Like, it exists both in a location and inside yer' head kind of deal. Maybe not in yer' head but..." She seems to hesitate. "Actually, not important. All too difficult to really wrap yer' mind around. What's important is that this place got all weird stuff inside of it. Stuff that's meant to keep everyone out since it's all supposed to be this big secret, right? But then there's these... boss calls em' 'elementals' but they're not like made up of hot n' cold stuff, they're made up of information. Secret information, you get me?" The imp leans in closer and looks around conspiratorially. "The place got them all twisted so instead of keeping it secret it, ah, spreads em' around. Mortal looks at them things and they get all sort of crazy ideas in their heads. Mostly useless stuff that- well, that ain't important either. What's important is that fey also get information y'know? From seeing them that is, but it doesn't just get up in their heads, it like worms its way into their essence, mask, whatever yer' calling it."

The imp pauses a moment as to let all that sink in. "And that ain't all. See, those things that like to keep em' all secret? They do not like this, no sir. You got any of their information and they get into your head and that don't look pretty. Heard they can make yer' brain into spiders." She shudders. "Point is, it's all bad. Very bad and some idiots got dis' idea to weaponize all this. Just send dem' elementals out in the city and see what happens. It's crazy."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-12-10 at 06:37 PM.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Orc in the Playground

Hodgepodge Street- Interaction Wanted

Prumathe is here, he's a young human with dark skin, curly black hair and green eyes. He's wearing a pair of jeans and a thick black jacket, and he's shopping. Mostly food and stuff for the cabin he shares with his wife at GLoG, but he's also looking for some flowers. Blue ones, and especially forget-me-nots. His wife's favourite colour, and she'd like the thought behind it.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #696
    Troll in the Playground

Carousel Court

Some chicken farming pony is having a really bad day today?
    Why?
    Because there's a rather persistent red fox harassing their chickens.

She's running back and forth, yipping and snapping at the birds' heels, and has resisted several attempts to scare her off already. She seems to be having fun, and no birds have been hurt nor have any eggs been stolen, but it's just a matter of time, right?
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #697
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Hodgepodge Street]

Prumathe may notice something rather odd going on nearby.

Namely?

A patch of strange, pearlecent green shimmering light. It looks like a suspension of glittery material in water, undulating hypnotically. It appears as though someone else has noted the oddity, a brown haired human woman with a denim jacket and pants, sturdy boots, and a black t-shirt with a picture of a hamster shoving a whole baby carrot in its mouth with the caption 'OM NOM NOM!' under it. She's eyeing the otherworldly object suspiciously while also not having the good sense to stay the heck away from it.

Does Prumathe decide to approach?

These random magical events can sometimes be quite fortuitous!

Or...

Really weird.

One of those things.

[Carousel Court]

It's been kind of a weird day so far for Morning Glory. First those weird bugs eating their way through Corn Husk's field, then the rain of chocolate frogs, and now this. Why is she getting called in for a fox, anyway? Wouldn't that be more along the line of Puppy Snuggles' talent?

"Okay, okay I'm here mister Coop. Yes, I'll take care of it, everything will be fine. Yes I'll make sure the fox doesn't bite Penelope,"
    Morning Glory says before heading out to the chicken yard and affixes the trouble maker with a glare. "Okay, enough fun and games. It's time for you to go, fox, or things are going to get serious."

MG isn't totally sure HOW things will get serious, but confidence is important.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Troll in the Playground

Carousel Court

The fox looks straight at Morning Glory, yaps once, and wags her tail. She looks so proud of herself, and also a little mischievous and clever. Then she immediately goes back to chasing the nearest hen, barking excitedly at it as it runs away into the coop. The fox hunkers down and starts squeezing into the opening the chicken used to get in, tail wagging unstoppably.

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #699

[Carousel Court]

"Of for Celestia's sake..." Morning Glory grouses as she enters the chicken yard and heads straight for the fox.

Why?

Why did Mister and Missus Coop ask HER to do this?

Her talent has absolutely nothing to do with foxes or chickens!

She does landscaping! And moonlights as a super hero but that really isn't very relevant to what's going on right now.

Morning doesn't want to actually touch the fox since that's a good way to get bit. Instead she pulls a few morning glory seeds out of her saddle bags and tosses them to the ground. They immediately sprout and aim to snag the fox in a binding of plant tendrils!

Hah!

Try to get away from that miss fox!

"I TOLD you things were going to get serious," MG chides the fox. "But do you listen to me? Noooooo~"

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Court of the Voice in the Deep]

The "court" is a building that might have been expensive once. Not opulent, but not something most people could hope to acquire without inheriting something. A small manor with two wings and a sizeable garden. The main means of entry seems to be a large door in the front. The place looks deserted now, but it also appears as though someone took some care to... spruce it up. The walls have been painted, but in different colors and half-finished at best. The lawn has been haphazardly cut here and there. A banner was hung above the doorway, but it's little more than an old rag. Is this where Intersection started getting diplomatic notes from?

Reina makes her way here. Well... not quite. She's a block away where she and Dena agreed to meet up first. The catgirl paws at her medium length blue hair trying to get it just right before meeting her now MERC superior. Sure she was nervous, but not because this was a job interview. Nah, she's going to nail that no problem. It was meeting up with Dena that had her worried. They haven't met since Reina's transformation and Reina has heard that one of the Rein's was getting frisky with the MERC crew or something.

Well, it will probably all be fine. She takes a moment to smooth out her light gray winter dress, not at all just to give her hands something to fiddle with.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2020-12-11 at 05:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Plum Mountain Park - Mercs]

"Let's just keep going, then. We'll run into someone eventually."

"Klaavi" then takes the lead into the park.
    [Plum Mountain Mercs]

And so our heroes move off beyond the treeline and (hopefully) have the good sense to remain on the pathway.

The quickest way to run into trouble in a magical forest is to start poking around off the roads.

An example of that trouble? There's a bunch of shouting coming from none too far away. It sounds like one larger voice and a whole bunch of smaller ones that sound exactly the same all talking over each other. Whatever it is that they're having an altercation over sounds serious.

"NO! Rock's aren't magic just because they have shiny bits in them! That's stupid!"

Okay maybe not that serious.

The voices are coming from juuuuust beyond a mass of bushy shrubs along the edge of the path. It would be pretty easy to push through and find out who's arguing. Maybe ask them a few questions? What's the worst thing that could happen stepping off the trail? Not like this weald is malevolent or anything.

[Plum Mountain Park - Mercs]

The two walk into the park silently and quietly, at least until they get within hearing distance of the voices. 'Hoss' picks it up first, since he'd been using his sound powers to try and pick up any interesting noise in the area. Wordlessly, he taps "Klaavi" and signals in the direction the noise is coming from.

He starts to advance off the road, then pauses and looks at Olvisin. "Is it a good idea to engage? To even have a look-see?" He asks in hushed tones.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

12. - Top - End - #702

[Plum Mountain Park Mercs]

Whether it's a good idea or not remains to be seen.

But regardless of what our heroes decide to do the argument continues unabated.

A chatter of tiny voices all shouting over each other answers the other voice. A few words can be picked out from the mess. Rock, magic, shoelace, flower...

"Ugh. No, listen, I don't want your magic rocks. They're not even magic. They just have little crystals in them and-"

Another blast of incoherent garbled excited chatter.

"Oh my gosh. No! Crystals are NOT magical! Okay I guess some crystals are magical but most of them aren't. These definitely aren't magical rocks they're just-"

More garbled talk.

"Then why do they glow? What do you mean they aren't glowing."

Yammer yammer.

"...you stole them from someone's purple box and they stopped glowing when you took them? You stole a bunch of florescent rocks. They glow under ultra violet light. It isn't magic it's physics."

Yammer yammer.

"NO they aren't the same thing! They're very different!"

13. - Top - End - #703
    Troll in the Playground

Carousel Court

"Yipe!" The fox struggles against the plants. Then she sighs and looks back at Morning Glory. "I guess not everyone is amused." She tries to wiggle free. "Sorry for scaring the chickens, I guess. I didn't hurt any of them."

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #704

[Ruth's Shakes]

As much as June would like to keep on talking right now, there's something slightly more important right now. Pretending to stretch, she reaches to her shoulder to loosen the straps. Then, noticing that Linus feels a little awkward and third-wheelish, she does her best to discreetly adjust the band to not make it more awkward, too: she rolls her shoulders back and with hand coming from low, reaches behind herself.

Okay!
    Good!
    And Sekhmet asked him something ehich hopefully both distracted him and kept him here.

June leans forward onto the table, putting both elbows on it to get closer. "We already caught up the last time we met." She taps on the table in front of him where he sat, suggesting it's okay and he doesn't have to leave.

"Besides, I've got some time before work," and evidentally going to work with a size-too-small top is fine, too, "so maybe we can help out with your quest! As thanks for helping her. You wouldn't want to deny us the chance to thank you, right?"

[Perfectly Normal Apartment]

If the redhead is to be honest, he doesn't really catch all of what she's saying.

He gets his own plate and puts a smaller amount of food on it.

"So, if I understand right...some monster thing woke up and chased you out."

"And...this sounds important enough to report to the government. They probably need to deal wirh it and might be able to help you get your place back."

[Visiting the Church of Venus]

Idea!
    "You should sell clippings of those roses," Venus says. "I'm sure there's lots of people who would love to have roses that can grow in acidic soil, and maybe a bunch of people would love to study them to see if they can replicate that resistance in other flowers." And double benefit if that works, because then Rose could plant other flowers there outside of hospitable safe spaces!

"Gossamer...and illusions... that's some kind of magic, right? I haven't been able to get that kind of stuff properly yet and the last people I asked didn't know how to explain it very well."

"Oh! But, making scaffolds to help it grow into makes a lot of sense. Like, what you do with bones, right?"
    Venus starts thinking of different things she could use scaffolding to grow it into. Not gunna lie, this is kinda something she read some papers on and so she already has a bunch of neat ideas of microstructures and macrostructures she could grow stuff in to.
    If only she could get the gossamer magic stuff right. "I didn't really come from a world where magic-magic was a thing and it's nothing like the magic that I...that my friend does." Yeah, there wasn't any magic, just miraculous healings and prophecy and things like that. Not real magic.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

[Plum Mountain Mercs]

"We need to be careful, but we won't learn anything if we don't take risks," Olvisin declares, before taking a few steps closer to the bushes and raising her voice. "Hello? Is everything alright over there?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #706

[Carousel Court]

MG raises an eyebrow.

"Oh-HO you're a talking fox, then?" she says, her tone scolding. "Then you should know better than to terrorize people's animals."

That said?

She'll try to grab the bound fox with her tail, hoist her up, and deposit her in MG's saddlebags.

"Come on, we're getting you out of here. And you had better apologize to Mister and Missus Coop, too," Morning chides.

Sounds like play time is over.

Definitely not real magic.

"I don't know if I would be much help explaining how magic works, either. It's just kind of something you do? Selling roses does sound like a good idea, though,"
    Rose replies thoughtfully. "Maybe you should just... try things? Maybe? You've GOT to be doing some sort of magic since those pews are growing. They wouldn't do that normally. How did you make that happen?"

Then a nod.

"Yeah, bones! Or plant grafting. I think that's how plants get grafted together, too. You need scaffolding to hold them pieces together so they'll grow right."

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ogre in the Playground

Ruth's Shakes

Linus smiles awkwardly.
    "I was just being dramatic. I just need to get a book from the library before it closes. That's all. It's really not a whole lot worth talking about."
    Yeah it's really not that exciting.
    Oh, well.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

18. - Top - End - #708

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

Reina makes her way here. Well... not quite. She's a block away where she and Dena agreed to meet up first. The catgirl paws at her medium length blue hair trying to get it just right before meeting her now MERC superior. Sure she was nervous, but not because this was a job interview. Nah, she's going to nail that no problem. It was meeting up with Dena that had her worried. They haven't met since Reina's transformation and Reina has heard that one of the Rein's was getting frisky with the MERC crew or something.

Well, it will probably all be fine. She takes a moment to smooth out her light gray winter dress, not at all just to give her hands something to fiddle with.

Dena and a few other mercenaries, a number of trolls, goblins and humans, are waiting just out of sight of the 'courthouse'. This is at the far edge of the city in an area where wilderness have started to take over.

While Dena seems collected, casually looking at something on her phone behind her sunglasses, the mercenaries near her seems a bit on edge. Wherever this is due to the mission or Dena herself is anyone's guess. None of them have either noticed or commented on Reina's presence yet but it seems like they're all waiting for something. Perhaps it's her?

19. - Top - End - #709
    Troll in the Playground

Carousel Court

The fox is hoisted into the saddlebags with another yelp. "I didn't mean to, I got carried away. I haven't been like this very long." Being a fox is fun, but fox instincts are sometimes hard to shake. At least she gets a ride in these saddlebags out of it.

Ruth's Shakes

"That sounds fun! Definitely a lot safer than, uh, rescuing a helpless succubus princess from a shooter." Sekhmet responds. She needs to invest in some armor or something.
    Last edited by bc56; 2020-12-11 at 03:46 PM.

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

Reina sure hopes they're not waiting on her. That's a lot of people to be holding up. Actually that's a lot of people in general for what she thought was an information gathering mission. This... was just recon right? And what has them on edge?

Now a little more confused than nervous, Reina just heads on over to Dena to make herself known. She was pretty different too now that Reina saw her up close. The catgirl had heard of the gorgon thing, but her mind still remembered the drow. It's hard to replace one's image in your head. "Hello. I'm Reina." There's a little bit of a flourish but it ends differently than Rein's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #711

[Carousel Court]

Well.

That comment gets a concerned look out of MG.

"Not very long? Did you get turned into a fox?"

This situation is getting more and more complicated.

Not just a talking fox, but maybe an enchanted talking fox?

Maybe something to do with all the faeries that have been popping up?

This seems like the sort of thing they would do to someone. Turn them into a cute fluffy animal out of some kind of sick amusement.

It's a good thing Morning Glory isn't a cute animal of any kind, no sir.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Troll in the Playground

Carousel Court

"Yeah, sorta. Let me out of here and I'll try to explain." The fox struggles at the saddlebags in an attempt to get herself out. "It's a bit of an awkward story. You know about all the fae nonsense going on, right?"

My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #713
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    The imp glances at the bridge woman and raises an eyebrow. "Uh, I meant for us to like... talk in private? But I see how it is. I get impatient and it's 'rude' but yer' casually erasin' people's memories and it's cool."

The imp crosses its arms over her chest and let's out a little sight. "But anyway, listen closely now fey, since I'm not gonna repeat any of this, ya' got that?" But without waiting for confirmation the imp continues. "So... there's this... um, metaphorical mind place. Like, it exists both in a location and inside yer' head kind of deal. Maybe not in yer' head but..." She seems to hesitate. "Actually, not important. All too difficult to really wrap yer' mind around. What's important is that this place got all weird stuff inside of it. Stuff that's meant to keep everyone out since it's all supposed to be this big secret, right? But then there's these... boss calls em' 'elementals' but they're not like made up of hot n' cold stuff, they're made up of information. Secret information, you get me?" The imp leans in closer and looks around conspiratorially. "The place got them all twisted so instead of keeping it secret it, ah, spreads em' around. Mortal looks at them things and they get all sort of crazy ideas in their heads. Mostly useless stuff that- well, that ain't important either. What's important is that fey also get information y'know? From seeing them that is, but it doesn't just get up in their heads, it like worms its way into their essence, mask, whatever yer' calling it."

The imp pauses a moment as to let all that sink in. "And that ain't all. See, those things that like to keep em' all secret? They do not like this, no sir. You got any of their information and they get into your head and that don't look pretty. Heard they can make yer' brain into spiders." She shudders. "Point is, it's all bad. Very bad and some idiots got dis' idea to weaponize all this. Just send dem' elementals out in the city and see what happens. It's crazy."
    "Knowing about these is bad; I was doing her a favor." Yone explains, with no trace of irony.

"Yes, I've been to metaphorical mind places before." Not this same one, almost certainly, but the idea is there "Yes, anything on the level of charity would be...concerning.".

Then Yone reaches out to press against the indicate plum tree.
    "Hello, gaiads of the park. I bear a grave warning on behalf of these imps."

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    If the redhead is to be honest, he doesn't really catch all of what she's saying.

He gets his own plate and puts a smaller amount of food on it.

"So, if I understand right...some monster thing woke up and chased you out."

"And...this sounds important enough to report to the government. They probably need to deal with it and might be able to help you get your place back."
    "Yes."
    Some monster woke up and chased her out.
    The mutant is delayed from explaining any further by the very important task of eating bread and noodles.
    "Gov-ern-ment?" Clearly, she doesn't expect any help from them. But probably the normal redhead is right.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #714

[Carousel Court]

"Or you can stay put and explain,"
    Morning Glory counter-offers. "I don't want you running off and causing more mischief as soon as I let you go."

She IS making a valid point here, random fox.

When she told you to stop earlier you sure didn't.

Why should she trust you not to go running off to harass birds again?

"I have some knowledge of fae nonsense going on," MG confirms. "They mostly leave equestrians alone, but some parts of the City got hit pretty bad."

Apparently ponies are already sufficiently cheerful?

"I take it you got caught up in it?"

[Plum Mountain Park Cat Chariot]

The wind rustles through the leaves of the tree with the sound of a voice.

Oh, um alright? What's wrong?

They don't sound particularly awe inspiring. Mostly just a little timid.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Troll in the Playground

Carousel Court

"Because if I go back to being human-shaped, I'll wreck your bags and make a mess. And I don't want my fox instincts muddling this up." The fox sighs. "Long story short, I'm friends with an important faerie, and a Kumiho decided to eat me to get at her."

My Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #716

It's true.
    Eating bread and noodles is very important.
    The redhead nods. Yeah, like Intersection," he says.

"Especially if there's more of those monster things, they'll want to get involved." Sewer monsters climbing out of sewers and chasing people is something that the government might want to take care of.

Venus decides to look at the sprouting pews, too. Since she can't sit on them, she just puts her arms on it and leans against it, holding most of her weight up.
    She shrugs, which lifts the rest of her body up and down.
    "Dunno. It just happened when I first...planted? myself? here," she says. "Same with most the other things growing here, all the other times."

She looks at it more.
    Oh!
    Oh oh!
    "So what you're saying is I just need to figure out how I was feeling then, right?" That sounds definitely possible and not nearly as nebulous as 'just do it'.

[Ruth's Shakes]

June laughs.
    Being dramatic is the best way to be. She approves. "I've actually been looking for a decent library," she says. "I've found one earlier, but it was pretty useless. And it had a condescending talking book that started stalking me after I went back home. Was a huge pain to get rid of."

She's not finished with her shake yet, but she still stands up (and, of course, grabs her shake). "If you are going to a library, then I'd actually like to go with you."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Orc in the Playground

Hodgepodge Street

Prumathe does notice it, and it's odd. Odd enough he'll wander over for a closer look. "Hello, miss. Do you know what this is? Is it safe?" Well, there's a lot of people who are just ignoring it, so hopefully it's safe. It's not immediately threatening, at least. Mind you, neither are the alleyways, and he's heard that there's monsters down some of them and not to trust any child weeping in the dark. He doesn't know why he shouldn't trust them, though, but he's heard it from several people and it seems too common a piece of advice to ignore.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

28. - Top - End - #718

[Plum Mountain Park Cat Chariot]

"Charity?" The imp repeats in confusion but doesn't push this particular inquiry. She was gonna let Yone deal with the fey even if it kinda went against the specifics of what her boss had told her to do.
    But whatever, if Yone wanted to betray the other fey it wasn't her problem. Indeed, she wasn't really sure why they were going through such trouble to save the fey in the first place.
    She will flutter off to the side and sit down while waiting for Yone to be done with the communication-thing.

At the very least the mercenaries aren't heavily armed. Some of them do have holstered guns, Reina is probably experienced enough to tell just by the way they move, but there is not any more heavy weaponry than that.

Dena turns and smiles at her. "Ah, boss told me we got a new member comin'. Welcome to the party, Reina. 'm Dena of course, but maybe you knew me already? You do look familiar." Her eyebrow raises as her interest seems equally piqued.
    The rest of the mercenaries offer her some nods and waves but it's still clear that something has got them spooked. Dena doesn't seem effected though.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-12-12 at 08:11 PM.

29. - Top - End - #719

[Carousel Court]

"You seem awfully alive for having been eaten," MG replies with a flick of her tail. "Fairy stuff, right? Okay, fine. I'm going to let you go. But you had better not rune away or forget about appologizing to Mister and Missus Coop."

And then?

Morning will place the fox on the ground and slacken her magic on the vines binding her.

The fox is free!

If she goes nyeh nyeh and runs away MG is going to be really irritated.

"Maybe?" Rose replies uncertainly. "Most of my roses have just been growing on their own. The ones on the fences though, those I put there intentionally. I just... wanted it to happen? And used magic. Ugh. This is hard to explain to someone who doesn't know about magic already. I think I could explain it to someone who already knows magic but it's harder since you don't."

What's up with your not magic knowing anyway, Venus?

You should have come from a world where magic was a normal thing.

"Go ahead and give your idea a try. We'll see what happens, right?"

[Hodgepodge Street]

"I have absolutely no idea!"
    Jeany replies, her tone excited. The reason she sounds excited is in fact a really good reason.

She's excited is the reason she sounds excited!

Encountering new... things? Is always a chance to learn. Maybe it's some strange magic? Or technology? Or organism? Who knows! It's definitely weird. And unusual things often mean Jeany gets ideas for new biomorphs. Creating new biomorphs is, of course, important to her. Because... that's what she does. She's pretty sure there's something nefarious behind it. Like the Hive Mind's reason for having something like her in the Nexus is so she can wander around experiencing new things and creating new bio-technological and bio-magical wonders for it to steal when it shows up and tries to eat the planet.

Jeanette is pretty sure it'll be in for a nasty surprise if it tries that.

"It just started bubbling up out of the asphalt while I was walking past. It hasn't done anything yet aside from looking pretty."

And then?

It does something.

Specifically?

It congeals into a gibbon with shimmery green hair that will leap onto Prumathe's shoulders, lean its mouth close to his ear, and whisper "Truth or dare."

Jeany is, perhaps unsurprisingly, startled by the sudden metamorphosis and movement. She gives a little, "AAAH!" and jumps back.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground

Carousel Court

"I won't, MG, promise." Wait, how did the fox know Morning Glory's name? Who else calls her MG? She stretches out as soon as she's free, and then expands into a pretty human woman.
    A familiar one.
    Jade only looks slightly different, being a redhead instead of a brunette. She blushes embarrassedly at Morning Glory. "I'm really sorry about all this." She pulls a cell phone out of her purse and sends a text to someone.

My Nexus characters