New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1100
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 184: Red and Grey All The Way

[Dragon Brunch]

The scholar raises an eyebrow. "If he acts with self-interest in mind, that seems like a terrible idea." Yet after a moment of consideration she adds. "But I suppose a person trapped in a dragons maw might not make the most rational decisions."

"And yes, we do need more information regarding their safehouses and other crucial details so keep in touch with me, Reinholdt. The more I know about the situation as I go in there the better."

She looks between him and Dorota. "But I believe with that we have done all the planning we can for now."

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Foxes on the Run

"Yeah, uh, I think I can trust you three on this," Anastasia responds. And with that, the group shouldn't have any issues stepping into the teleporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Foxes on the Run

And so they go through the ring transporters without any incidents.
    But as they are on their way to what seems to be the lobby of the compound Zhareen suddenly slows down. "Oh yes, I forgot to ask. Do you want to try to avoid the other members while en route to my office, Ana? Since I understand if you don't want to, ah, draw too much attention to yourself. Not that I don't think my students can't behave themselves. We learn to respect non-mortals around here." She nods sagely.
    [Foxes on the Run]

"They're not going to be interrogating us, are they?" Kitty asks, none too seriously. She doesn't sound too serious about the question.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon Brunch]

"Yes, I believe that's all, unless you wish to reconsider the opportunities our library has to offer," Reinholdt says, licking his paw and rubbing at his ear. "Mayhaps that is better visited after the mission though. I wish you well," he concludes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #1054

Foxes on the Run

"Oh - well, um..." Anastasia thinks for a second. "I'm not super about like, a whole lot of eyes on me? But if you don't think there'll be too many people, we don't need to sneak around. Though it does sound kinda fun."

A beat. "Wait, non-mortal?" Ana tilts her head. Last she checked, she seemed pretty mortal.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler: baby hijinks incoming
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Hallway]

"It's okay, no problem," says Harley who knows that she is, in fact, the Harley that Svetlana's talking about.
    Well, overall, this is a good sign.
    Might be necessary to eventually tell Svetlana, especially because any cursory questioning from Svetlana to other HALO members could reveal that Harley isn't all she seems.
    Yeah. Definitely something that has to come to light eventually. Even if it doesn't have to be right now.

Harley looks at her kid. "Probably? She's never met a fox before, so I can't say for sure, but I imagine she might like it. Not sure if the fox would like it, though. Maybe it'd be best if we wait until she's a little older?" Harley doesn't know.

The baby Manja, however...
    She would be interested in meeting a fox but she just heard something very interesting.
    Namely, the sound of a spring releasing and being wound, somewhere down the hallway.

Manja starts to drift away from Svetlana's leg to look farther down the hall, trying to find the source of the sound.
    She starts walking, before realizing it'll be a lot easier and faster to approach and sneak up on whatever is making that sound on four as a cat, instead of on two feet.

She takes a few steps, and appears to collapse down into her clothes...and a mostly white (some pink) juvenile cat crawls out of the clothes.

She crouches, ready to hunt down whayever mysterious thing is making that catapult sound.

[Hallway]

"Excellent!" Svetlana offers her a warm smile once her apology has been accepted. Despite any doubts she might still have, she's decided it's best to forgo that for now... not like she could do anything if it turned out to be her quarry, anyway.

"Ah, that is a good point. She might grab Marzanna-chan in a way that is unpleasant, even if my darling would mostly enjoy the attention." She responds, looking down once Manja decides to head towards the random spring sound.

And then the baby turns into a cute little kitten, eliciting another 'aww' from her. So cute and precious! She'd oh so love to pat the baby in kitten form, but Manja might get fussy about that.

"I would offer that you come meet my darling instead, but..." She trails off, pointing towards the departing baby. "Maachan has other ideas. Shall we follow?"
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

6. - Top - End - #1056

[Foxes on the Run]

Zhareen chuckles at Kitty's question. "I believe you're the ones that are supposed to interrogate us. Not the other way around." But Ana's question causes her to stop. "Hmm? Oh! Ah, you're probably used to another definition of 'immortal', Ana. Fey go on living new bodies once their old ones have died. Mortals, like everyone else, just uh, well, die. So even if your body is capable of aging and expiring so-to-speak you can't die like say, me or my wife."

"As an eternal traveler of life as I am, it's something I'm all too familiar with." Jaahlyn remarks with a gesture to herself. "Though I'm actually in the minority as most fey prefer to exist within the aether rather than endure all the trials and tribulations of the waking world. From what I hear its paradise in comparison so maybe they're onto something."

As there are no protests Zhareen seems to have been leading them directly to her office but while they can hear voices coming from the rooms they pass by there doesn't seem to be anyone walking through the corridors right now.

[Dragon Brunch]

"I am going to give the offer some serious consideration." Ambrosia promises with a nod.

Then she looks to Dorota. "In fact, perhaps you could give me an idea how it is to work for HALO, Dorota? Since Rein gave me the offer to join and I've been contemplating it. My greatest concern are the responsibilities that would come with such a position since my research makes it difficult to stay in one place for too long. But you have your own research, haven't you?" So it seemed like she could probably offer the best perspective on this.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Brunch]

Dorota blinks, surprised. But perhaps she shouldn't be. Ambrosia definitely fits HALO's profile.

"Working for HALO has been good for me. And I've had both time and opportunity for my own research. I do my work mostly in a lab, but I've been on some field excursions now and then."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foxes on the Run]

"I don't think we're quite the same as Jaahlyn, though." Kitsuki adds, attempting to ground some of these explanations a little bit. "It seems more complicated than that. Neither of us have known any other life."

9. - Top - End - #1059

Foxes on the Run

"Oh, huh." Anastasia initially nods in understanding before realizing the same flaw as Kitsuki, and then nodding in agreement when she speaks. "Yeah, like - I understand there is some manner of my mother and I that is... uh, recurring? " She thinks that's what that word means. "But we don't really... have, like, any past memories, and I'm not even sure we have the option to exist in this, uh, aether place Jaahlyn mentioned." A beat. "Or um, at least, I don't think so with Kitty? Jaahlyn mentioned that I'm like, some kind of ranked fey like her? Psyyyyycho-pomp, I think?" She gives the satyr a look for comfirmation. "But uh, Kitty doesn't have that going on with her, right?"
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2022-07-07 at 12:37 AM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

10. - Top - End - #1060

[Foxes on the Run]

Zhareen looks to Ana but then raises a clawed finger as to ask her to pause. "Hold that thought, little fox. My office is... here we are." She slithers forward just a few meters and opens a door with a plaque that has her name on it. "Welcome to my room!"

The room they enter is most notable for the giant aquarium that seems filled with nothing but various species of crab that's shuttling along on its sandy bottom.

There's also multiple paintings handing on the walls of Zhareen in the company of woman that seems to be made up of plant matter. In nearly all of them Zhareen is grinning and waving to the painter while the plant-person looks a lot more subdued. Notably the largest of these is the one where they both are wearing colorful clothes at some kind of formal event.

But there's also what seems to be a 'class' painting with Zhareen, the plant-woman and many other people dressed in similar teal outfits with that black tower on it.

Jaahlyn steps inside and nods politely to Zhareen before before she closes the door behind them before Zhareen has any chance to.

Then she turns to nod to Ana, finally confirming what she said. "Yes, just as Ana said, Mrs Kitsuki is different from most other fey." She gestures at the two fox-women. "Indeed, Ana is too. They're younger, even younger than me and that's unusual as most fey are supposed to be equally ancient. All as old as time itself. Yet I don't think Mrs Kitsuki is much older than she appears and neither is Ana." She pauses a moment. "But you should be able to enter the aether though, Ana. You're different but I wouldn't even be able to tell you were fey if you weren't connected to it."

Zhareen strokes her chin thoughtfully. "Fascinating stuff. We haven't encountered many kitsunes but I never had much reason to suspected you were different from other fey. They usually appear like vanara or humans with additional animal features." She gestures to Kitty. "...like the tails of a fox..." Her pointed finger moves over to Jaahlyn. "...or a goats legs." The merfolk looks down at herself. "Even my people were at least likely influenced by a type of fey, or at least a yokai-" Then Zhareen suddenly decides to stray from that thought. "-but the point is that they aren't exact translations. Foxes usually don't have so many tails and goat legs aren't nearly as long as miss Hesperos." The merfolk moves to lean against her desk as she looks over the small group that gathered inside her office. "-but, uh, so what exactly did you need my help with? Since it almost seems you already know more than I do about all this stuff." She grins at them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Dragon Brunch]

Dorota blinks, surprised. But perhaps she shouldn't be. Ambrosia definitely fits HALO's profile.

"Working for HALO has been good for me. And I've had both time and opportunity for my own research. I do my work mostly in a lab, but I've been on some field excursions now and then."
    [Dragon Brunch]

"So what sort of tasks do you perform for HALO on a daily basis then?" She glances to Rein. "Since I expect them to be based on what each person can give to the organization."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2022-07-07 at 01:58 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Brunch]

"For the most part, I work on projects that benefit people or solve problems." Dorota gestures around the lab. "Cleansing a water source that was tainted by an undead plague, for instance. When I go out into the field, it's because something requires an alchemist's presence. For instance, there was a rather odd incident where a fox-person started causing other people to sprout fox ears and tails in a restaurant. We had to quarantine it and try to get to the bottom of it."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foxes on the Run]

Kitsuki gives Jaahlyn an uncertain look. Aren't these people supposed to be able to help. Well, maybe they just need to focus. "If you don't know much about kitsune specifically, then maybe you know about fey that have... Um, peculiar hungers? Like, things that might not be socially acceptable." She's beating around the bush pretty substantially to start off here. Best ease into this.

13. - Top - End - #1063

Foxes on the Run

Anastasia looks around the office as they enter with a sense of mild curiosity. She'd never seen so many paintings before, especially not ones that are so clearly actually painted for the person they're owned by. Usually they're just pretty illustrations of sunsets or fields of flowers. As odd as it is to see so many portraits of the person who owns the room in question though, that's not nearly as interesting as the cool crab tank. Maybe they're reminders of home?

"I'd never realized we were so rare until I started talking to Jaahlyn about all of this," Anastasia comments. "It's weird, like - I don't think I ever met another kitsune until I met Kitty, but I'd never really thought about it. I guess it's just because there's so many different kinds of people in the Nexus, so maybe like, being unique doesn't feel very different?" She shrugs.

"But um, yeah, speaking of being unique... well, ever since Kitty adopted me, we've realized that... uh, I might not be exactly like other kitsune." She rubs one of her arms self-consciously. "I'm a psychopomp, for instance, while Kitty isn't, and - um, I've been experiencing, like, a certain appetite that she's never had to deal with herself, even being a fair bit older than me."

Ana's not quite as circumspect as her mother here. Zhareen's friendliness, vague willingness to provide discretion and Jaahlynn's seeming comfortability with her make her a bit less wary to spill too many beans. A teen like her also isn't quite as good at tact as Kitty might be.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2022-07-07 at 11:39 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon Brunch]

"We generally emphasize the shared ideals of advancing society and volunteering over mandatory progress reports and managerial delineated busy work," Reinholdt explains. "Though we will check in from time to time to encourage productivity and make sure our researchers' needs are being met."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #1065

[Dragon Brunch]

The scholar seems to consider this information for a moment before she suddenly brings up another question. "And what information about myself would I be required to give out should I join?" She asks matter of factly, the question more aimed to Rein than Dorota but she would probably be curious what sort of information Dorota had to give away about herself. Probably nothing she considered secret but Ambrosia seems to be pretty private person.

[Foxes on the Run]

Jaahlyn gives Kitty a shrug. This had been the best she could offer.

But there does seem to be some kind of recognition when Ana describes her condition to Zhareen.
    "Hunger? Appetite? Could you, um, clarify? Just so I'm sure what you're describing." The warlock inquires as she leans over the table while folding her hands together, looking as if she's holding her breath.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Brunch]

"Reinholdt approached me to offer me a job and knew me beforehand, so I didn't really tell him anything he didn't already know." Does Ambrosia prefer to keep some things private?

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon Brunch]

Reinholdt tilts his head, thinking about the question for the first time. "Well, we'd have to know your area of research or expertise, any special requirements you might need, umm... anything else you think would help. We mostly just need to know what you'll need to ensure that you have a proper, well stocked lab to work out of. If you're working on any particular projects, I may be able to arrange collaborative help, or at least point you towards someone who may be able to help in unexpected ways."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #1068

[Dragon Brunch]

“Well…” Ambrosia starts, taking a longer pause before what comes next. “I think it has reached the point where I would start to seriously consider this. I’ve long pondered setting up a permanent base in the nexus and this would make that considerably easier. However, I have a few caveats I feel need to be brought up. First of all if I set up something connected to HALO it would eventually contain a part of my hoard which must not be moved or accessed by anyone but me or with my permission.
    Secondly, as far as I understand it, HALO is no longer a military organization so I'm not expected to be ordered around. My interests align with HALO's but once they do not I should have the right to decline requests of such a nature."
    This seems more aimed to Rein than Dorota but her gaze flickers between them as she talks.

"That being said, there's a lot of knowledge and research that I could share with HALO so I think working together would be mutually beneficial as long as those requests are respected. So would that be acceptable?"

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foxes on the Run]

Kitsuki grimaces. They need to cross a line here. Hopefully Ana doesn't give too much away. Zhareen only needs to know so much.

"She has a craving for... flesh. Human or otherwise." Kitsuki interjects, sparing Ana from having to form the words herself and controlling the flow of the conversation a bit. "We're worried something bad could happen." Not has happened, or could happen again. She gives Ana a warning look.

20. - Top - End - #1070

Foxes on the Run

Anastasia hesitates before she opens her mouth to speak, looking down and taking a deep breath as if steeling herself to bring up an uncomfortable topic - at least, that is until her mother intercedes on her behalf. "U-uh, yeah, that. L-leaning towards the former, I think," she assents, nodding along even if she isn't quite perfect at following Kitty's urging for nondisclosure. "Which is, like, why I'm really scared. I mean, I really don't want to hurt someone."
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon Brunch]

"We already have portals, so getting something set up in your room specifically shouldn't be a problem. And people shouldn't be touching each others' possessions to begin with." They haven't had any reports of theft or anything like that that Rein's aware of.

Reinholdt frowns a bit all the same. "No one here has ever been forced to do anything on HALO's behalf and I can't foresee the circumstances where that would be necessary, but if your interests stop aligning with HALO's, know that I will do whatever is necessary to protect the organization and the people within." His tail flicks softly. "But I don't think examining the future for extremes as an excuse to act differently in the present is particularly productive. There shouldn't be any problems with your requests."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #1072

[Foxes on the Run]

Zhareen let's out the air and closes her eyes for a moment. Looks like she had expected this from their initial description.
    She folds her hands and leans forward in her seat, giving Ana a serious look as she rests her chin on her folded hands. "...well, that's what we call a vampiric tendency. It's rare in fey but there have been confirmed cases of fey consuming living beings. In particular mortals though possibly other fey as well." She taps her fingers together, giving an impression of nervousness. "Now, while the fourth towers knowledge of spirits isn't perfect we tend to know a lot about beings that directly threaten people so a lot have actually been written about your, ah, problem. My own knowledge about it is limited however as its not something that's brought up a lot and it isn't exactly my area of expertise. I know that these kinds of fey are considered a pariah among fey society and that in many cases when vampiric fey are observed other fey tend to flock to the site shortly afterwards. In particular angels who as I understand it are the prime enforcers of your laws, correct?"

Zhareen looks to Jaahlyn who simply nods grimly. Her own experience with angels weren't exactly the best.

"...ah, however, that's about the extend of my own knowledge." Suddenly the merfolk breaks into a grin. "Fortunately, my own darling wife happens to be a major in fey studies." Zhareen gets one of the paintings that's displayed on her desk and holds it up to Kitty and then Ana's face as to give them a better look while she gestures as the plant-skinned woman next to her in it. She seems to be giving the painter the evil eye just by staring ahead as her black eyes give no indication what she might be feeling at the moment. "See? That's Vax, my heart and soul. Isn't she the most beautiful person you've ever seen?"

The warlock puts down the portrait again though seems unable to stop smiling. "And pretty brilliant too if I may say so. She's specialized in another type of fey but she knows quite a bit about the other ones too. So if she isn't too preoccupied at the moment we can go and see her."

[Dragon Brunch]

Ambrosia raises her hand as if to protest to what Rein just said. "Ah, my apologies. I probably came out more hostile than I had intended. If there are any misalignments in our interests I'll be sure to bring them up to you or Felandria first and I'm sure we can work them out." She gives him a respectful nod. "But with all that said and done I do need to inform a number of associates of my intentions before I can officially join. It should only take a few days at most though."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2022-07-13 at 06:52 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foxes on the Run]

Kitsuki looks at the picture and thinks the two make a rather odd couple. "She seems, nice?" She replies, somewhat awkwardly. She's also guessing that's not true, but maybe looks can be deceiving.

"If she can help us then we'd like to see her as soon as possible." The kitsune answers. Beggars can't be choosers.

24. - Top - End - #1074

Foxes on the Run

”I see - that’s uh, comforting to hear,” Anastasia responds, clearly not super comfortable with the grim information she’s given - still, the fact that these folks apparently know a lot about her kind of problem is a good sign. She nods in agreement with Kitty next.
    Y-yes, as soon as possible. I’m worried this might get like, worse before it gets better.”
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon Brunch]

"No worries," Reinholdt assures Ambrosia. "I prefer talking things out anyways. If I was given any indication it might work, I'd prefer to talk Klaus over here instead of the route we're taking. If any issues crop up, by all means, bring it to our attention."

The cat stretches as he stands. "And no rush. Take your time sorting things out."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #1076

[Dragon Brunch]

The scholar nods. "Good, and yes. Communication is what binds any good organization together so I'm glad we agree on that part." She raises her hand in a unmoving wave. "But I shall take my leave then and make some arrangements." But before she walks out she turns to Dorota. "And Dorota, if you need any rare reagents for your alchemy, don't hesitate to ask me. I happen to have access to a lot of that." And then she's gone.

Foxes on the Run

Zhareen nods, seemingly eager to help or perhaps just to visit Vax. "Alright then, let's go and see if she's preoccupied then shall we?" The warlock pops herself up from her desk and gets out from her chair and starts to slither out of the room.
    But as she's about to open the door for them there's something of a conflict as Jaahlyn have already moved over to do the same thing. "After you, m'am."

"Oh. Well... uh, thank you, Jaahlyn. Just be sure to close the door behind you."

The satyr will do so once she's escorted the others out of the office and follow along as Zhareen leads them outside the building to what appears to be a greenhouse located next to it.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2022-07-14 at 12:49 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foxes on the Run]

Zhareen knows to find Vax in the greenhouse because it's a favourite place of hers. She finds the warm, humid air agreeable; it reminds her of home. Entering the spacious greenhouse—though it feels cramped with how full of growth it is—they'll find Vax sitting at a desk at one side of the building, enjoying the sun entering through a proper window over her. She's busy writing something at the moment.

Whether she hears them approach or Zhareen calls out first, she turns to the small group. She arches an eyebrow at her wife. "We have company, I see." She nods to the other three.

Kitsuki narrows her eyes at Vax. There's something about this person that she can't quite place... Maybe it's just this cloying humidity getting to her already. Did they have to meet here of all places?

28. - Top - End - #1078

Foxes on the Run

Anastasia brightens as Zhareen proposes they head on over. She really hadn't expected meeting her to be so instantaneous - honestly, she was sure they would have at least had to schedule a new appointment or something. "Sure, that sounds perfect!"

- - -

It's a bit difficult for Ana to not feel a little optimistic as the group makes their way to the greenhouse, both of her tails wagging slightly seemingly in spite of the news that she might be literally classified as "vampiric". Any chance to talk to a specialist about this can only be good if they're going to finally figure out and potentially remedy all of this, and the way Zhareen talks about Vax certainly suggests that she should be held in high regard. Even if there's clearly a bias at work here.

Some of that positivity, however, does go away a bit as the area around them begins to grow steadily more choked with verdant overgrowth, and the muggy air begins to make its presence felt. Anastasia is clearly not much of a tropical kind of gal, and the inherent coolness of going from underwater seabase to sun-soaked greenhouse is entirely lost on her.

"Y-yeah- sorry- hello. It's uh, nice to meet you." Somehow, Anastasia feels a touch more nervous when first meeting Vax than her other half. Perhaps it's the uncomfortable surroundings, or the tension in Kitsuki's own response - or just the simple fact that the woman seems already busy with something, whereas Zhareen was there for them to meet in the first place.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2022-07-15 at 01:30 AM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #1079

[Foxes on the Run]

Jaahlyn makes an elegant bow and somehow makes it slightly different than all those other times she's bowed before Vax. The satyr seems to have quite the repertoire of bows at her disposal.
    "Greetings, Mrs. Vax. I've guided these two young women to your door as they're in the need of aid."

Zhareen nods as she moves next to the diim. "Uh, yes. What J said. See, this is Kitty and she's a kitsune." The merfolk gestures towards the foxy pair. "-and that's her adopted daughter Ana whose a-" She lowers her voice and leans closer as if telling her wife a secret. "-asith." Which would be the general term for a man-eating fey.
    They were distinct from the asansith which is a much more common term applied to flesh-eating spirits to which vampires are included. Common people usually made no distinction between the two however and also used all sort of regional names for them. One of the few directives that had been issued for all fourth tower compounds was to not use any regional names however so Vax should be quite keen on using them instead of anything else.

Ironically, diim were often mistaken for both asansith and asith. Since as they were more common many reports of flesh-eating spirits often turned out to be diim or similar natural predators.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ogre in the Playground

[Foxes on the Run]

Vax arches a brow at Ana, fixing her with her gaze. The diim has an intense stare, and one hard to read. Her blank, black eyes are disconcerting wells. "Is that so?" She asks, her tone neutral. "And what is it you hope to gain here, Ana?" Kitsuki starts to interject, but Vax holds up a finger without looking away. "I'm asking the girl." Kitsuki closes her mouth and purses her lips.