New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: RIP Boba Fett.

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default RIP Boba Fett.

Jeremy Bulloch, AKA Boba Fett, died today from health complication probably related to his Parkinson's disease. Thus passes the first and greatest Mandalorian.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: RIP Boba Fett.

In memoriam to this, may I request a remix of M.C. Chris's Fett's Vett but a funeral version of the song?

3. - Top - End - #3

Flumph

It would be appropriate for an In Memorandum on tomorrows season finale of "The Mandalorian", hope they can make that happen.

Rest in Peace Boba Fett. Another icon of the Original Trilogy passes away.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

wink Re: RIP Boba Fett.

NOOOOOO!

Fun memorial fact. Most major players of Star Wars movies are honorary 501st members, which just means the 501st presents them with a certificate. Jeremy Bulloch was not an honorary member. Jeremy Bulloch was a full-fledged member. Which meant he made his own screen-accurate armor and actively participated in events in the UK Garrison. Jeremy Bulloch's costume, of course, was Boba Fett - notoriously one of the most difficult and expensive costumes to make.

Rest in peace, you magnificent man.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-12-17 at 08:05 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

5. - Top - End - #5
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

For Mandalore!
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    In memoriam to this, may I request a remix of M.C. Chris's Fett's Vett but a funeral version of the song?
    So as it happens, I had Chopin's "Funeral March" in MIDI format handy (I used a reversed phrase from it in a song based on Bradbury's "Something Wicked This Way Comes"). I also happen to have a lot of mc chris acapella files for a project I never got around to. I ALSO happen to have a terrible sense of humor and a spare hour.

I was thinking that I would chop up and arrange the Chopin piece, make it like a real remix, and throw down a beat on top of it. Maybe I'll still do that, but just putting chris on top of the piece as is, with the classical ebb and flow of the structure kind of worked out REALLY well. I trimmed out a section near the end, just to finish on the main recognizable riff, but otherwise, it is as-is, lead line on an organ and bass on a piano.

Apologies to everyone involved, and I'm literally laughing out loud right now. RIP Mr Bulloch

https://soundcloud.com/ditl-acoustic...ral-chopin-mix

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Rest in Peace. :(

Please visit and review my System.
    Generalist Sorcerer

8. - Top - End - #8

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by JoshL View Post
    Apologies to everyone involved, and I'm literally laughing out loud right now. RIP Mr Bulloch

https://soundcloud.com/ditl-acoustic...ral-chopin-mix
    I cannot fully express how much this brightened my day. Thank you.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

R.I.P. Sir.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Flumph View Post
    It would be appropriate for an In Memorandum on tomorrows season finale of "The Mandalorian", hope they can make that happen.

Rest in Peace Boba Fett. Another icon of the Original Trilogy passes away.
    I am not a watcher of The Mandalorian, but based on the twitter, actors may die but franchises never die if it makes someone money.

I say this for the end credits of The Mandalorian announced a new Star War Project that was not announced at Disney Investor Day.'The Book Of Boba Fett’ New Disney Plus ‘Star Wars’ Series Launching December 2021

Here is the scene (if you do not recognize this, this is Jabba's old palace, and one of the 3 characters was in ROTJ beside Boba.)

-----

I hope the actor Jeremy Bulloch finds peace in whatever lays beyond this mortal realm. Likewise I hope people still speak the name Jeremy Bulloch in their hearts and their breaths and not just a stage performance that introduced him to the minds of people.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

11. - Top - End - #11
    Halfling in the Playground

Daemon

Sad news indeed.