New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1227282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1256
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VIII: Escape - Exile 7 MTG topics to create this thread

Since Mystic hasn't posted I'll add a new challenge.

Make a card that is Fall themed!

Halloween themed entries are also acceptable.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew(3.5):
    Show
    All hail the white space, for from it all posts are shaped.
    Hey look, it is the oldest trick in the book!

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: MTG - You Make The Card VIII: Escape - Exile 7 MTG topics to create this thread

Harvest festival 2RR
    Sorcery R

Starting with you, each player may sacrifice any number of permanents. For each permanent sacrificed this way, it's controller draws a card and adds R to their mana pool. This mana does not empty from their mana pool until the end of your next turn
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    Since Mystic hasn't posted I'll add a new challenge.

Make a card that is Fall themed!

Halloween themed entries are also acceptable.
    Sorry, I was late didn't mean to hold the game up, but this is an excellent challenge. Thank you for making up for my slack.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ettin in the Playground

Candlejack - 2WW
    Creature - Spirit R
    Whenever Candlejack becomes the target of a spell or ability, exile target creature. Its owner can cast it from exile and it costs {2} less to cast this way.
    -
    ”I’m gonna need more rope.”
    4/1
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2023-10-09 at 10:26 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Troll in the Playground

Black Flame Candle 4
    Artifact R
    Vanishing 4 (This artifact enters the battlefield with four time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.)
    When Black Flame Candle enters create three 2/2 black witch creature tokens with indestructible and deathtouch.
    When Black Flame Candle leaves the battlefield, exile all witch tokens you own.
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2023-10-04 at 08:33 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Trick or Treat 2BG
    Sorcery R
    Choose a land target opponent controls. Put three stun counters on it unless they have you create three Food tokens. Repeat this for each creature you control with a Role attached to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Warding Gourd][2[W/U]]
    A grinning pumpkin with a candle in its mouth leers at a pair of goblins, who nervously back away from it.
    Artifact (U)
    [T] Return target creature to its controller's hand, provided it has one of the following types: Demon, Devil, Spirit, Goblin, Zombie, Faerie, Elf, Horror, Illusion, Nightmare, Scarecrow, Troll, Vampire, Wraith, Spider, Bat, Werewolf, Skeleton, Shapeshifter.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

8. - Top - End - #1088

Night of Guises 3RR
    Sorcery - R
    Exile all creatures, then place a Scream counter on each creature exiled this way. Each player reveals cards from the top of their library until they have revealed a creature card for each creature exiled this way. Put all creature cards revealed this way onto the battlefield. At the beginning of your next upkeep, shuffle all creatures into their owners' libraries, then return all creature cards in exile with Scream counters on them to the battlefield under their owners' control and remove all Scream counters from all creatures.

I'm not sure if this needs the counters, but they act as a memory aid.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Night of Masks 2R
    Sorcery U
    Manifest the top card of your library then create a treasure token for each face down permanent you control.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Dwarf in the Playground

I had a lot of fun reading these cards, thanks for submitting :)

Spoiler: Harvest Festival
    Show
    Harvest festival 2RR
    Sorcery R
    Starting with you, each player may sacrifice any number of permanents. For each permanent sacrificed this way, it's controller draws a card and adds R to their mana pool. This mana does not empty from their mana pool until the end of your next turn.

This is interesting. Everyone can use this ability which really makes the cards valuable. I think this is a combo piece to be played in second sunrise style decks. I'm not sure how I feel about that, to me this card is trying to make big plays next turn but I think it will mostly be used in combo.

Spoiler: Candlejack
    Show
    Candlejack - 2WW
    Creature - Spirit R
    Whenever Candlejack becomes the target of a spell or ability, exile target creature. Its owner can cast it from exile and it costs {2} less to cast this way.
    -
    ”I’m gonna need more rope.”
    4/1

This is a nifty little creature, I think the way it dodges removal or uses heroic triggers to wipe the board is cool! I wonder if this should be target of spells only because otherwise it will have some strong interactions with 0 cost equip equipments and other things of that ilk. I do like that this is a mandatory trigger.

Spoiler: Black Flame
    Show
    Black Flame Candle 4
    Artifact R
    Vanishing 4 (This artifact enters the battlefield with four time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.)
    When Black Flame Candle enters create three 2/2 black witch creature tokens with indestructible and deathtouch.
    When Black Flame Candle leaves the battlefield, exile all witch tokens you own.

I think this card is super cool! I also thing it is busted, Vanishing makes a ton of sense here and its a good use of the mechanic, but vanishing 4 is too much. Removing the 4th vanishing counter doesn't sac the artifact until the turn after and that gives you 4 attacks with 3 hard to block 2/2s. I think maybe if the witches lost indestructible it could be a little more in line.

Spoiler: Trick or Treat
    Show
    Trick or Treat 2BG
    Sorcery R
    Choose a land target opponent controls. Put three stun counters on it unless they have you create three Food tokens. Repeat this for each creature you control with a Role attached to it.

I was thinking this might be a little out of bounds but it doesn't do anything on an empty board and only gets really strong if you have two creatures with roles. I like how you represent the trick and the choice between the two sides. Strong submission.

Spoiler: Ward Gourd
    Show
    [Warding Gourd][2[W/U]]
    A grinning pumpkin with a candle in its mouth leers at a pair of goblins, who nervously back away from it.
    Artifact (U)
    [T] Return target creature to its controller's hand, provided it has one of the following types: Demon, Devil, Spirit, Goblin, Zombie, Faerie, Elf, Horror, Illusion, Nightmare, Scarecrow, Troll, Vampire, Wraith, Spider, Bat, Werewolf, Skeleton, Shapeshifter.

Does white have bouncing opponents cards in their color pie? I think this card went a little too far in its hate. I think it would have a stronger identity if it was restricted to undead demon devil kinds of types but why does the gourd also protect against non-magical things like elves and bats? This will be very hard to play vs if your opponent is running any of these types.

Spoiler: Night of Guy's's
    Show
    Night of Guises 3RR
    Sorcery - R
    Exile all creatures, then place a Scream counter on each creature exiled this way. Each player reveals cards from the top of their library until they have revealed a creature card for each creature exiled this way. Put all creature cards revealed this way onto the battlefield. At the beginning of your next upkeep, shuffle all creatures into their owners' libraries, then return all creature cards in exile with Scream counters on them to the battlefield under their owners' control and remove all Scream counters from all creatures.

This is interesting! Its like a whole board polymorph very very red. Also I think its interesting that your opponent gets to attack with their creatures but you don't.

Spoiler: Night of Masks
    Show
    Night of Masks 2R
    Sorcery U
    Manifest the top card of your library then create a treasure token for each face down permanent you control.

Simple and effective. My only complaint is that Night of Masks doesn't sound like a red card to me.

Spoiler: Winner!
    Show
    ben-zayb's

Trick or Treat 2BG
    Sorcery R

Thanks for playing!
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Honestly surprised, but I appreciate it.

This time: Pick any MtG card art, choose any subject (or event) within the art other than the original subject (or event), and make a card based on that.
    Bonus points if it's types and/or colors are different from the original.
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ettin in the Playground

I totally forgot about equipment! Here I was trawling gatherer for some 2-mana artifact creature to combo off with, when Lightning Greaves made my wording unprintable decades ago. You definitely had me beat on this one, ben-zayb.

Here's a warm-up card that doesn't quite fit the contest but feels right somehow:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Horse Man Ship - 3
    Artifact - Vehicle U
    Crew 4 (Tap untapped creatures you control with total power 4 or greater: This becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.)
    Horsemanship (When this is a creature, it can't be blocked except by other creatures with horsemanship.)
    When Horse Man Ship enters the battlefield, create a 2/2 white Horse creature token for each Knight creature on the battlefield.
    Whenever a Knight creature enters the battlefield, create a 2/2 white Horse creature token.
    5/5

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Okay, here’s a card idea:

Transforming Urn-2UW
    Legendary Artifact Creature-Jar M
    When Transforming Urn would be sent to the graveyard, you may pay 2UW to exile it and place 3 time counters on it. You remove a time counter from Transforming Urn during your upkeep step. When there are no more time counters on Transforming Urn, you may summon it and immediately exile it to destroy all permanents in play. Creatures destroyed by this cannot be regenerated.
    1/1
    This is probably really unbalanced so please give me some advice to help balance it.
    Last edited by Lucat; 2023-10-14 at 02:03 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: pic
    Show

Focusing on the couple in the background.

Forbidden Embrace WR
    Sorcery U
    Draw 3 cards, skip your next 2 draw steps.
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2023-10-17 at 09:40 AM.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Bridge From Before 3BB
    Enchantment- Rare

art: Time Walk

Sacrifice Bridge from Before, pay 4 life: Draw five cards, then discard two cards at random.

At the beginning of your end step, if Bridge From Before is in your graveyard, exile a creature card with time counters equal to its mana value. If it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend. If you can't, shuffle your graveyard into your library.
    Last edited by Feathersnow; 2023-10-21 at 10:25 AM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ettin in the Playground

That Little Mushroom Spirit from Concord with the Kami - 1G
    Creature - Spirit Fungus C
    When this creature enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control. Then if you control 3 or more augmented creatures, draw a card. (A creature is augmented if it's enchanted, equipped, and/or has a counter on it.)
    -
    1/1
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2023-10-22 at 02:24 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Judgment will be up within the next 24 hours, thanks everyone!

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: Quiddle - Forbidden Embrace
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    Spoiler: pic
    Show

Focusing on the couple in the background.

Forbidden Embrace WR
    Sorcery U
    Draw 3 cards, skip your next 2 draw steps.
    Cool! It's like Brainstorm in a way, except you get to keep the cards in hand instead of putting them back on top of your library. I'm not sure how WR factors into this effect, though. The subject in the new card is too distant from the art's foreground to be given focus, but that makes sense... They are hiding their romance!

Spoiler: Feathersnow - Bridge from Before
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    Bridge From Before 3BB
    Enchantment- Rare

art: Time Walk

Sacrifice Bridge from Before, pay 4 life: Draw five cards, then discard two cards at random.

At the beginning of your end step, if Bridge From Before is in your graveyard, exile a creature card with time counters equal to its mana value. If it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend. If you can't, shuffle your graveyard into your library.
    The art is a wonderful fit for the new card, and maybe even makes more sense here rather than in the original card. Its second ability is clearly the more important one, and it worries me that it doesn't have any significant cost at all to use.

Spoiler: Dr.Gunsforhands - That Little Mushroom Spirit from Concord with the Kami
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    That Little Mushroom Spirit from Concord with the Kami - 1G
    Creature - Spirit Fungus C
    When this creature enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control. Then if you control 3 or more augmented creatures, draw a card. (A creature is augmented if it's enchanted, equipped, and/or has a counter on it.)
    -
    1/1
    The art absolutely works for the new card and its types. The ability is alright and works at common, though I'm personally not a fan of giving green more card draw.

Winner
    Spoiler
    Show
    Feathersnow with Bridge from Before
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2023-10-26 at 05:55 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Wow! I won!

Next prompt:

Boardgames!
    GNU Terry Pratchett

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Snakes XG
    Instant U
    Create X 1/1 green snake creature tokens.
    /////////////////
    Ladders 1G
    Instant U
    Target creature gains reach until end of turn
    Draw a card.

Also, when you think about it, Kozilek, the Great Distortion is kind of like reverse Go Fish.
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2023-10-28 at 04:37 AM.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

21. - Top - End - #1101

Guess Who 1WU
    Enchantment
    At the beginning of your upkeep, exile the top card of your library face down. Target opponent may look at that card. Then choose two: That opponent must say a mana value. That opponent must say a color or colorless. That opponent must say a card type.
    Choose a card name. Reveal the exiled card. If a card with the chosen name is revealed this way, put it into your hand. If your opponent named a mana value other than the revealed card's mana value, said colorless if the card is colored, or said a card type or color that the revealed card is not, put it into your hand.

Painful templating, but I think it might actually work by the rules.
    Last edited by TiaC; 2023-10-27 at 11:36 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1102

[Cootie] [0]
    Creature - Insect Horror (R)
    This card is Green/Black
    When Cootie enters the field, create a 1/1 Green/Black Insect Horror Creature token for each other player, under their control, with the same abilities as Cootie.
    During your Upkeep step, roll a six-sided die and place a counter on Cootie, with the type corresponding to the number rolled:
    1: Trample
    2: Deathtouch
    3: First Strike
    4: Menace
    5: Lifelink
    6: +1/+1
    1/1
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2023-11-04 at 11:35 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Colossus in the Playground

[Root] [1WBG]
    Sorcery

Pick a different mode for each player in the game. Each mode must target a different player.
    -Marquise De Cat: Target player becomes the Monarch and creates two 1/1 Green Cat Creature Tokens.
    -Eyrie Dynasty: Target player creates one 2/2 Blue Bird Creature Token with Flying and Protection From Creatures.
    -Woodland Alliance: Target player puts a +1/+1 Counter on each creature they control.
    -Vagabond: Target player creatures a 3/3 Beast Creature Token named "Vagabond" with two abilities from Deathtouch, First Strike, Haste, Hexproof, Lifelink, Reach, Trample, or Vigilance
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ettin in the Playground

Ticket to Ride - 3
    Artifact - C
    Ticket to Ride can crew vehicles as though it were a creature with 5 power.
    T: Add 1 mana of any color.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Dwarf in the Playground

From the game Coup

Assassin's Calling 1BB
    Sorcery R
    Secretly choose murder or power.
    Target creature's owner may sacrifice it, then if they didn't and you chose murder they sacrifice all creatures they control.
    If you choose power you draw 2 cards and lose 2 life.
    "Go on, call the bluff."
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2023-10-30 at 03:22 PM.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Troll in the Playground

Lord Licorice UB
    Creature - Nobleman R
    Creatures can’t attack you unless their controller rolls a six-sided dice for each creature they control that’s attacking you. For each 6 they roll, tap target creature an opponent controls, remove it from combat and put a stun counter on it. (If a permanent with a stun counter would become untapped, remove one from it instead.)
    Lord Licorice has +1/+1 for each Stun Counter on the battlefield.
    1/3
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2023-10-30 at 06:33 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Fork Attack X(W/B)(W/B)
    Instant U
    You can only spend W or B to cast this spell.
    Until end of turn, target creature gets +X/+X and can attack any number of players and/or planeswalkers. If it's a Knight, it can assign combat damage this turn as though it weren't blocked. (Each of its attacks has to be separately blocked.)
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2023-10-30 at 09:16 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

It's been a week, results up within 24 hours.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Feathersnow is encouraged to post feedback & winner when they can but heres another challenge for everyone else!

Make me a card that would be from a universe beyond related to an animated show or movie.

bonus - give it a new mechanic
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: The Neo Trio
    Show
    [Molly Blyndeff] [2G]
    Legendary Creature-Human

Triad-You can have three Commanders if they all have Triad
    Dumb-[Tap] Target creature loses all abilities until Molly becomes untapped.
    1/2

[Trixie Roughhouse] [1W]
    Legendary Creature-Human

Menace
    Commune With Spirits-Whenever Trixie deals combat damage to a player, crate a 1/1 White Spirit Creature Token with Flying.
    2/1

[Phoenica Fleecity XV] [2B]
    Legendary Creature-Human

Defender
    Book Smarts-[Tap] Scry X, where X is the number of Humans you control. Then draw a card.
    Better Together-Phoenica gains +0/+1 for each other Legendary Human on the battlefield.
    0/2

Based on the absolutely awesome show Epithet Erased. Go watch it. It's free, on YouTube, by the creator.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2023-11-13 at 02:53 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show