New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLV

Quote Originally Posted by Vahnavoi View Post
    "Who am I?" The man taps his chin and his eyes gaze into the distance for a moment. "Who am I? Who am I? That's an interesting question. I sometimes wonder 'bout that myself." Oh no. He's one of those existential drunkards. Not that there's any real evidence that he's drunk anything, he hasn't even ordered, it seems like he's in the tavern just to waste space. "Not sure if I know the answer. But as for your second question? Eh, when isn't gruesome violence interesting? Just wanted to know a bit of context. Speaking of, what's yours? Context, I mean."
    "An interesstin answer, but I'm sure you gota name püeople call you." Demion replies. It is hard to make out if he is drunk assuming there is no smell from him that indicates that. He can be a tavern wanderer after all.
    "Me? I'm here from another world like a lot of people around here. As for the context of this theme, I was asking her about herself. She did try to trick us and that was part of her explanation why. I think you can say so."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

The bandaged man shrugs. "Eh, I've been called by so many names, none of them really feel like they'd fit... no-one around here knows me, so those names might as well belong to some other people. So why don't you give me a name?" He points at Demion. "Call me whatever you find fitting. New name, for a new place."

3. - Top - End - #603
    Troll in the Playground

"I was just, uh, so frustrated with him. Why couldn't he learn I wasn't, uh, interested?" Selekhael doesn't understand how someone could be so willfully ignorant.

That said, she's an angel of forgiveness. If that guy came back to apologize to her, she'd forgive him in a heartbeat. She'd have no choice in the matter. But she's not thinking about that.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #604
    Barbarian in the Playground

"People don't always think things through. Or they take calculated risks while being really bad at math," Zee muses. "Or sometimes they have LOTS of self-confidence and very little empathy. They're only concerned with what they want, not how others might feel about it. Maybe that guy will think about what he did. How uncomfortable he must have made you for you to react like you did. Maybe he'll have a change of heart. We can hope so."

Zee likes hoping that people will be better.

"Do you want to take a break?" she asks.

That was probably a bit on the traumatizing side of things.

Often people need some time to cool off after an interaction like that.

And Zee's offering!

She doesn't want Selekhael to feel overwhelmed.

That wouldn't be good for anyone.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Troll in the Playground

A break? Selekhael does feel like she needs one after that. That was an emotionally taxing few moments. She sits down next to the bar. "Okay, uh, I'll, uh, take a break."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #606

"I don't like that idea." Demion replies. "A name is something personal. A name belongs to the one it belongs, even if more then one person is called the same way it is there name." he sights.
    "I don't know anything about you that could give me any clue. Also giving someone a name who clearly remembers it sounds wired to me. Maybe you just tel me more about you first?"

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

The man shrugs. "Tell more about myself? Well, you see these?" He traces a circle in the air before his face. "I got in a fight with some bad people. A bit hazy on why. Think it was some honor thing. You know, honor? When people disrespect you or your pals and you could just walk away, but won't, 'cause then they'd blab nasty things behind your back? That kind of thing. Put me in a hospital, it did. They did. Thought I wouldn't make it."

He takes a break from his story to order a beer.

"... but then the weirdest thing happened! Just when the doctors were about to write me off, the old pale rider showed up and cut me a deal. Gave me a new lease on life, if you can call this "life". So I told the doctor to eat ****, jumped up and through the window, and rode to the sunset."

He pauses to pick up his beer and takes a swig. * burpp* "That enough for you?"

8. - Top - End - #608

Demion seems now even less willing to continue this. this guy creeps him out. Especially having a deal with death is something he connects with 'a life for your life'.

"This is nothing i can work with." he says. "In this story you sound so normal. Rather common. yet you said you are called many names like a god or such. What are you? Why did death made you a deal?"

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

"What, is it only gods who get called with many names around these parts?", the man replies incredulously amidst sipping his beer. "Don't think one needs to be that big of a deal to get a few too many. But why old bony face cut me a deal? It was quite peculiar. Don't know how much I can tell you and still make sense. Involved stuff, it was." He falls silent for a moment, finishing his drink and then gazing in his empty mug for a while.

"... guess you could say he needed a representative. Boots on the ground. I figure it isn't easy being a reaper. So many people dying all the time. Ah, but that's in the past. Not sure how much of a mandate he has in this place."

10. - Top - End - #610

Demion shrugs.

"A god or another entity that is well known. " he replies. "Those are the typical people with many names."

As the man states his connection Demion remains calm. He has thought of something that way.

"I can't tell you about that. I just heared that people here have many ways to prevent their death. Technologie, magic and all that kind. Time seems to be different here as well so not much for a reaper. But back to your problem. Pick yourself a name. If this is a new start better start by yourself then relying on others. You know what you like so pick it."
    Last edited by Zefir; 2021-06-18 at 02:39 AM.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground

"Is that so bad, relying on others?", the man asks, swinging his empty mug around. "Picking one's own name was something of a lost tradition where I'm from. Most stuck with one given to them by their parents, or gained one from their friends or colleaques as they grew up... that's why we called first names, given names. But if you insist... lets call me Sandels."

Sandels may or may not be the brand of beer he just drank.

He extends a hand towards Demion for a shake. "So, Sandels. Nice to meet you."

12. - Top - End - #612
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Once upon a time, Karaglen lived almost exclusively in this tavern. Lurking in the rafters, eating brownies, playing with friends.
    Lately, she most just comes here to sleep, or help her mother with chores.

It's not that she doesn't like it here, but out there she can help people and feel like she's helping push the world a teensy bit closer to the utopia she thinks it could be.

But she's still only a little girl, potent magical abilities and clever dragon-mind or not, so she does still come home to check in for important things.

For just such a reason, the little half-drow girl pops in through the front door, a pair of silvery dragon wings receding into the back of her dress.
    Rather than shout across the tavern for Zee, though, she politely just heads towards the bar and waits.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

13. - Top - End - #613

It had been all her fault.

That stupid sword.

If only Zee had been more assertive she could have gotten it away from Karaglen. But then the world fell in on itself and she was cast into the Empyrean. It was all she could do to watch the sword's corrosive influence slowly eating away at the child that she had loved and cared for at her tavern. Kara had been robbed of years by her solution but...

This was better, right?

To give Kara her childhood back again?

To give her another chance to do better?

Karaglen is growing. She's growing more independent. She's making her mark on the world. Just without the sword's malignant point of view guiding her. THIS TIME her impetus isn't to kill, but to make whole.

Zee is so happy to see her daughter's growth.

And so?

She smiles at Karaglen as the little girl approaches.

"Hey there cutie. Did the visit with Yurioc go well?"

14. - Top - End - #614
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Well, Karaglen is pretty okay with her current lot in life, for better or worse.
    But then, she also doesn't remember what happened to her before, to have any sort of judging frame of reference...

This has worked out well for the many she helps on her daily trips.

Zee's greeting makes her smile, though the question still leaves it tinged with a little unhappiness.
    "He says he doesn't have much time left, but that he's almost done with his book. He's still not telling me what it's about, but I guess it's important.
    Wish I could help more than just bringing him supplies and stuff."

A desire that is always gently dissuaded by the mouse. He has lived a very, very long life from his perspective. Long enough.

Kara's familiar with aging. It's impossible not to be, with what she does. That doesn't make it pleasant though, when it's someone you care about.
    Absentee Spirit

15. - Top - End - #615

June enters the tavern, looking around like it's her first time here.
    She's got short red hair, freckles, looks pretty androgynous overall, and is wearing some pretty snazzy padded armor that isn't glowing with light right now.

Yeah! This place is pretty cool. Lots of weird people everywhere, but that's okay because it's cool, she decides. Like, she doesn't even know how that person can talk, but there they are, talking. Or there's a pony, but it somehow is picking up stuff. And lots of people dressed in really weird and potentially-mortifying ways, but they don't seem to mind.

She stands aside, for a bit, trying to decide where to sit. Should she just find some random person and sit next to them? Or sit alone? June struggles with a very intense mental wrestling match as those two options try to decide which to do.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #616

"For the last time, Kyrie, we do not accept human hearts as currency here."

The wolf-knight glowers at the server, lip curled slightly as he tries to hold back a snarl. "First," he growls irritably, "that's Sir Kyrie to you. Second, you said you take all kinds of currency here."

"All kinds of currency, yes. If we started accepting organs as payment for drinks, we'd be inviting all sorts of chaos."

"Well where I'm from, there's no substitute for a heart."

"Too bad you aren't there anymore. Now pay with something that didn't get ripped out of some poor guy's corpse, or get out."

"And what, exactly, did you have in mind? Souls?" Kyrie demands.

"...Sir, no. I mean something like, say, gold."

"...Gold."

"Yes, gold."

Kyrie bursts into laughter, throwing back his head and howling for good measure. "Well, why didn't you say so? It's worthless back home." He dumps a handful of luminous coins on the bar, chuckling to himself.

"...Very good, sir. Enjoy the wine."
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

17. - Top - End - #617

The completely normal human barmaid behind the counter will fetch Kyrie's wine for him (what kind did he want? They have lots!)

She gives the guy a skeptical look.

"SO! What's up with the sack of hearts? You some kinda weirdo?" she asks in a completely conversational tone.

Meanwhile!

June is waved at with a sufficient level of exuberance.

"Hiya June! Welcome to Trog's Tavern! Decided to come over and visit from the Black Dragon's Den?" Zee calls out, obviously assuming that this June must be the same June that her husband employs at the Den.

This may result in some degree of confusion.

Then?

Kara will be offered a hug.

"He's a smart mouse, I'm sure he knows what he's doing," Zee says, her tone comforting. Smart is an understatement. Brighter than most humans, if Zee's being honest. Which she is. It's hard NOT to be when the Light of Truth burns on your tongue. "He wants to leave something special behind that other people can learn from. A way to touch other people's lives."

Zee smiles, running her fingers through Karaglen's hair.

"You're really fortunate, Kara. You have lots of time to make your mark on the world. And I'm so proud of the way you've chosen to do it. I'm sure Mister Yurioc is proud of you, too. Now then," Zee says, plopping down on one of the bar-stools and gives the little half-drow a scrutinizing look. "You're here for a reason. Otherwise you would be out there blessing others. What's going on?"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2021-06-19 at 10:32 AM.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Karaglen smiles a bit more here, leaning into Zee's hand before she moves to the stool.
    If nothing else, her mom is good at taking the edge off of the problem. It's never not going to be sad to her, the Yurioc situation, but it can be less sad.
    He always knows what he's doing, it's true, insofar as one can in this crazy city. Which means that book is obviously important and the best she can do is simply wait for him to be willing to talk about it.
    "Thanks, mom."
    There's also a small little thought that it's a shame trying one's best to make the world better is worthy of pride, as shouldn't that just be normal? But it's small; life is hard enough for some people without trying to force her ideals on them.

And then, the actual reason she came by today!

Her smile turns back into the same confused expression she had earlier, not sure whether to be properly frowning or not.
    "On my way to Uncle Yurioc's house, I met some strange lady with...zombies I think? stealing some bodies from an accident. Which is bad.
    But she didn't seem bad herself, she kind of just seemed like she didn't know how to be nice? I gave her one of my flowers and seemed like she'd never gotten a present before. Also got super excited to give out her autograph?"

The "Raven❤︎Ebondark" page of her notepad is placed onto the counter.
    "I can't tell if she just has really bad pranks or is trying to be a bad person...badly. I think she just needs not-dead friends, so I was thinking about following her to get more information, but she also went pretty far away. Um, I wanted to ask you if it was okay for me to go to Skyside, I'll be careful?"

A trace of nervous energy presents itself in here, leading the train of her words to become more and more babbly as she goes.
    There's a mixture of "I've never been that far away before" and "but I think I could help someone in a dark place" competing with each other, alongside "but what if mom says no anyway?"
    Absentee Spirit

19. - Top - End - #619

Kyrie pours himself a glass of the Constitution-Crushing Wine and takes a quick swig. "Nah. It's just what's valuable back home. Nobody cares about the shiny rocks you can find on every street corner, as the street corner. People care about what keeps them alive." He makes a face briefly, presumably from the overwhelming alcohol content of the wine, before going completely back to his sober self. Guy must have a heck of a liver.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

20. - Top - End - #620

Zee puts a few pieces together.

Souls and hearts are important. Needed to live?

Streets (or at least corners?) are made of gold?

That isn't a ton to go by, but she's got some ideas.

"Sounds shiny," Zee concludes, nodding her head sagely. "So what's it like at your home? What brought you to my humble tavern in the cosmos' grease-trap?"

All important questions!

Meanwhile!

It shouldn't ever be not-sad. Friends are important. Remembering friends is important, too.

Zee refrains from commenting on the commentary. If Kara wants to talk more about mortality she'll bring it up when she's read. Now then, on to the reason for the visit!

"That is bad," Zee helpfully interjects. People don't like the bodies of their loved ones being abused. It can make a hurtful time even MORE hurtful. When the notepad is placed on the counter she leans down to look at it. Hmmm... "I recognize that name. A girl with black cat ears and an eye-patch? She was here for the Thanksmas party last year. She even sat on the Santa throne, but I don't think she knew what it was for. Definitely not very jolly."

The girl seemed REALLY bashful when someone sat on her lap.

"I'm leaning toward bad at being bad," Zee reasons, tapping at her chin. Then?

Skyside.

Oof.

Skyside is a mess.

"There are lots of hurting people there, Kara," Zee warns. Half warning, half concern. That place weighed heavily on Zee's heart when she was there. How might sweet, compassionate little Karaglen fair? "People who are hurt so much that hurting is all they know. There will be people who might try to hurt you because you're kind. If you go there, Karaglen, you can't just be harmless as a dove. You have to be cunning as a serpent. That place will hurt you. And it'll try to break you. But I think you're stronger than Skyside."

She reaches out to tussle Karaglen's hair again, a ghost of a smile on her face.

"You can go. I'll be watching closely. If you get into real trouble cry out and I'll be there. I hope it won't come to that. I hope you can make a friend and pull someone out of darkness."

21. - Top - End - #621

Kyrie sucks his teeth as he tries to parse out a response; apparently, that was a more complicated question than it sounded. "Well, it's a hellhole now." He begins with a shrug. "Moroi and Strigoi everywhere. Our goddess is dead, and the whole fabric of our kingdom has been left to rot from the inside out. Anybody with half a brain and who knew how would be on their way out from there." He jabs a clawed thumb towards himself. "Which I suppose answers your second question, as well."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

22. - Top - End - #622

June waves back at Zee.

Yeah, there's confusion but this isn't that hard to figure out. "Hi." In the first place, Spako's a dragon and his place could be called a den. The 'black' part is probably just a local thing, probably referring to magic type or something. She's not sure how random people would know her or her name, but it must be that the two people she was with are famous enough that word would have spread around. Must be some kind of celebrities, then. "Yeah, I guess." A dragon and a deer knight definitely seem like the types who would be celebrities.

June decides that so long as random people may or may not recognize her, she might as well just sit down wherever, right? But she'd probably be a bother if she actually sat down next to someone else, and it'd be awkward if they're actually waiting for someone to get back from the bathroom or something...

Well, she decides to just sit by herself. Menu, there's a menu, right? She then immediately switches seats to find a better place to see it.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

On one hand, Zee seems to not be exceptionally hostile to the immediate thought of Raven, which is promising for any potential redemption opportunities!
    On the other hand, apparently she's living in some sort of civic/ethical disaster zone.

If that was supposed to be a scary warning in some way, it's not how Karaglen interprets it. Fear of danger is just a barrier to doing the good the world needs.
    What she actually interprets this as is a sign that she needs to go there, rather than just wanting to go there.
    And such Determination immediately makes itself present in her facial expression, which expresses itself as a cute sort of grim smile and some partially raised fists.

"If people are having that rough of a time all over, then they're overdue for some real help. I'm sure I can't fix the city, but if I can help some of them at all, then this trip will definitely be worth it."
    It'll also serve as a scouting run for future service!

...but she still isn't stupid.
    "But, um, are there preparations I should make before I go? Should I bring supplies?"
    Absentee Spirit

24. - Top - End - #624

Okay so June has no idea what the Black Dragon's Den is.

Which is odd.

How come?

Identical twin, maybe?

Clone?

Memory loss?

She really has no idea.

Regardless, the menu is easily visible above the bar and also in small, laminated form on the tables. Right there between the napkin dispenser and the condiment holder.

"Well, let me know when you've decided what you want, okay?" Zee continues without missing a beat.

Meanwhile!

Zee could totally look it up. That would likely make her look less clueless.

But Zee really doesn't mind looking clueless.

"Mhmm, fascinating. I have no idea what a Moroi or Strigoi is. But from the context it sounds like they're something bad?"

Strigoi. Strig. Strix?

"Are they like owls or something?"

Also Meanwhile!

Both of those things are opportunities, Kara! People in Skyside need help, too, and Raven is obviously a person. So help away!

And no, definitely not a warning. It was meant to get Karaglen PUMPED UP and ready to meet adversity head on! Which... it looks like it worked! Mission accomplished. Zee can't help but smile when the tell tale look of Determination crosses her daughter's face. Kara has carved out her purpose and path and there's little that will stop her.

"They have help. There are lots of heroes that work in Skyside. But they're mostly the 'beat up bad guys' sort of heroes. Sardius actually helps out there quite a bit! Though less beating up bad guys and more helping the poor people who have to rely on run-down old machinery," Zee replies with a head bob. "Did you run into Sardius at the last Thanksmas party? He was helping with some of the setup."

One of Zee's little ones. Though unlike Kara one that was never mortal.

"I'll alert him that you're coming to Skyside. He knows the layout of the city well and can probably help you out. Honestly he knows more about Skyside than I do."

Zee doesn't spend a TON of time there.

"Extra medical supplies aren't a bad idea. And extra food. Lots of people in Skyside have trouble getting good food. I tried planting some fruit trees for them, but people just fenced them off and refused to share," she explains, looking at little sad at that.

Food really isn't something Karaglen has ever had to worry about, what with where she lives and all.

25. - Top - End - #625

"Some are." Kyrie shrugs. "It depends on what's available. They gain power by drinking the blood of the living. But in most parts of the kingdom, living humans are scarce, so they have to settle for whatever game is in the area. I'm sure there are at least a few that look like owls as a result." He drains the glass of wine before continuing. "As for Moroi... well, they're what happens if a Strigoi doesn't drink. They starve and their bodies continue to degrade for as long as they're starving. Eventually, there's nothing left but the thirst, not even a body. They wait wherever it's dark for something with blood to come by, then..." He claps his hands together quickly, indicating "they get you". "And the little bastards are everywhere. You can't go ten feet without something trying to take a bite out of you."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

26. - Top - End - #626
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Wow, being stingy with whole trees is a bizarre sort of depressing. Are they that starved for food? That unable to trust each other?
    That will certainly make this more challenging.
    Maybe if she can find a way to indicate some sort of stable source of supplies for them? Work up some sort of deal with a local Inside food-bank group to have regular shipments?

Karaglen is already fashioning possible plans here. Chain of charity facilities? Food drops throughout the city?
    She'll have to see what it actually looks like, first, but these are things scribbled into her notepad under the heading Skyside Utopia Project (Yurioc's dictionaries and thesauruses have been good for her vocabulary).

That out of the way, she casts her memories back a little bit.
    "I think I remember Sardius..."
    But they probably didn't talk too much, if she was busy also setting things up and then dispensing gifts later.
    "I'm sure I'll recognize him when I see though. It'll be nice having at least a starter friendly face to work from!

Okay, so bring a bunch of supplies, meet Sardius, find Raven, help people. Maybe meet some heroes? I think can I do all of that."
    Absentee Spirit

27. - Top - End - #627

Right?

You make a tree that just dispenses plums so that people will have plums whenever they want and some jerk sets up fences and armed guards and forces people to pay her to get plums.

She didn't even own the trees!

Or the ground they were growing in!

She just had the power to take them all for herself.

Very rude.

"I know you can do all that," Zee says with an encouraging smile. "And remember, if it starts getting too scary you can always call me. But I think you'll be alright. You're brave and clever and strong. Sardius is, too, AND he knows Skyside. He can probably introduce you to other helpers."

Ah, 'helpers'.

That's one of Mother's favorite designations for people.

Always look for the helpers.

The people who run toward problems to lend their aid.

Meanwhile!

"So the first one is like some sorta vampire and the second one is like... a ghost tick," Zee concludes.

Ghost ticks.

Without a doubt the WORST kind of tick!

Always be totally certain you pull the head out, too.

"I can see why everyone would bail on a place like that. Getting harassed by mosquitoes is bad enough during the summer. Getting swarmed by GHOST TICKS all the time? No thanks. I'm a big fan of any and all blood staying inside me."

28. - Top - End - #628

That... was an interesting way of putting it, Kyrie thought. Ghost ticks. It seemed like an understatement in terms of how aggressive and dangerous they could be, but it wasn't an entirely inaccurate description, either.

"...Well, yes." He says finally. "Which is a damn shame, because before all of that, it was a pretty nice place to live." He picks up one of the coins he'd used to pay for the wine, letting Zee that it wasn't just shiny; it was literally glowing. "You see these? Maesdan gold. We used them to pave the streets. We had mountains that were also castles, fields of grain that stretch out to every horizon, and when the sun sets..." He smiles. "It was heavenly."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt walks in. It's been awhile, but he still comes here occasionally. Last time he was here, he met a bird and that turned out well. Very well.

Today, however, he's here to meet someone specific. He's a bit early, but he wanted to be. That way he could grab a nice booth, order some hot garlic bread and ask for a bottle of... hmm... Masseto. Yes, that's a good wine.

Now just to pour two glasses and wait.
    Well, he can have a sip or two before they get here.

Ok, maybe he's on his second glass. But who could blame him? The alcohol is literally right in front of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

30. - Top - End - #630

Reinholdt's rendezvous is a few minutes late, so hopefully there's still some wine left by the time she breezes through the door, looks around the tavern, and strolls up to his table. She's a curvaceous redhead with orange-furred fox ears and tail, wearing a floral patterned blouse and tight tan pants. She's carrying two large glass bottles which she sets carefully on the table next to the supernaturally attractive fey. Her stylish sunglasses get transformed into a pair of red framed eyeglasses more suitable for indoors, which she sizes up Reinholdt through. Rhapsodia fidgets nervously like a hummingbird waiting for an invitation to land at a feeder. "Hi! Thank you for agreeing to meet me. How have you been?"
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid