New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLV

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    A slimegirl enters the tavern; she's pretty much made of blue translucent slime and has a couple red markings on her. Very jiggly and slimelike.

After that whole mess she went through, she's pretty exhausted. And this place smells good, and has lots of people, and seems decent enough. 'Having lots of people' is probably the most important thing.

So, she goes in and towards one of the corner tables, and curls up under it. Out of the way is probably best, she thinks, as she basically recovers from all the loneliness and humiliation and boredom that she just had to go through.
    Arthfael cringes as this weird blue-and-red thing comes up and just curls up under the table he's sitting at. He pulls his feet up put of her way and tries not to panic. For the moment, Zee and the rest of the staff either hadn't noticed him or were tolerating his presence for his uncle's sake. If he started making a scene, that would change very quickly.

Wait...

Arthfael looks down at the slimegirl, squinting as he tries to make out details. Was it his imagination, or did this thing have a face?

...Not a half-bad looking face, either. Once he gets past the fact that she's apparently made from some kind of jelly, he has to admit she's actually kind of cute. Like "small animal" cute. He had to wonder if she was intelligent enough to understand him.

"Um... hi?" He tries.

2. - Top - End - #842

If Arthfael finds a piece of jelly's face cute, he might as well start looking for toast with faces in it too, because he might be really good at spotting faces.

The slimegirl tries to bury her face in her...arms?slime?knees? to help her ignore the talking that's happening practically right on top of her. Sure, it doesn't help at all. Sure, she came here to enjoy the presence of all these people, but she doesn't want to be so readily reminded that everyone just...!

Oh.
    She realizes that the voice probably was talking with her.

She pushes herself up a little (still under the table, it's fine being in a cramped place like that) and stretches. She then checks her face see if any slime/hair fell in front of it and brushes it aside. She's sure the person speaking won't mind waiting as she makes herself presentable.
    Okay!
    Good enough!
    She turns to Arthfael and gives a small wave.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #843

Aw. She's shy. Arthfael gives a little wave back, his usual contempt for the people he surrounded himself with melting away for the moment. Had the slime girl been a regular girl, she probably would've been treated to a round of awkward stammers, more awkward blustering as a cover-up, and so on. Fortunately, Arthfael viewed her arrival as something like having a small cat just crawl into your lap; momentarily annoying, but sweet all the same.

"Um... yeah. Hello." Arthfael tries again. "You, uh... can you understand me?"

Okay, so she was probably gonna get the awkward stammers anyway.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

4. - Top - End - #844

It's okay!
    The slimegirl probably doesn't mind stammering.
    If she minded it, she would probably say something.

She decides it's probably a little awkward him looking under the table and talking to her like that while she has to look up past his legs at him, so she slides a little out from under the table, so her head's sticking out now.

She shakes her head. No, she can't understand him...
    The slimegirl raises the back of her hand to her 'mouth' and mimes and moves her body like she's laughing (like one of those 'ohohoho' noblewomen's laughs).
    She then nods and gives a thumbs-up.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #845

Arthfael frowns at first, disappointed that she can't understand him, before it becomes apparent that she's messing with him. Apparently, she has a sense of humor.

Arthfael wants to be offended, but this comes as such a surprise that he can't help but chuckle instead, partly out of relief. Okay, good, she could understand him, but she appeared to be mute. He supposed that made sense; she seemed to be having some trouble forming legs, let alone something as complex as lungs, a throat and vocal chords.

Still, that was going to be an impediment to communication. If she couldn't speak back to him, this conversation was going to be pretty one-sided. With that in mind, his attention turns back to the pen and pad that was sitting in front of him on the table. "Can you write?" He asks.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-07-23 at 10:47 PM.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

6. - Top - End - #846
    Barbarian in the Playground

"It's always nice to see old faces turning up again. Let me grab that cider for you," Zee says as she heads off into the cellar.

A minute passes.

Two.

Three.

Then she emerges, bottle in hand!

"Woo, weren't even any monsters down there this time," she says as she sets the bottle on the counter. "We get a lot of monsters wandering in down there from the Dungeons of Doom from time to time."

One would think that just bricking up the entrance to the dungeon would be the way to go but NO that is silly.

Dungeons in the tavern basement are a good tourist attraction.

"So what brought you back?" Zee inquires.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #847

"I remember. The 'random encounters' were half the reason to choose Trog's over the competition. You couldn't get that kind of entertainment at the Generica." He says before taking a long drink from the bottle "Not bad! It could use a bit of cinnamon for flavor, but I like it"

"The multiverse has plenty of distractions to get caught up in. One leads into another and the further it goes on the harder it is to turn back." He responds in a rather more depressed tone before downing the rest of the bottle. "Doesn't mean you forget though, eventually I wound up back somewhere I recognized and I couldn't resist the nostalgia."
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

8. - Top - End - #848

The slimegirl pulls herself up from the ground and onto a chair, figuring a demonstration would be better.
    She points at herself.
    She then mimes holding a book in one hand while looking at it, and with her other hand tracing the lines in the book.
    She then lifts one finger up.
    And then reaches towards the pen.
    The slimegirl grabs the pen with her left hand...for a few seconds.
    Then, it starts sinking inside of her fingers as she loses the ability to grip it.
    She lets the pen slowly drop out of her.

The slimegirl then puts her right arm's elbow on the table, and her hand against her cheek, like she's leaning against it while staring at Arthfael. The hand sort-of merges with her 'cheekbone'.
    Sure, she would like to talk!
    But she's okay with just listening.
    Once the pen leaves her hand, she gestures at him, as if she's waiting for him to start talking.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #849

"I'm honestly not sure if Taverna Generica is really around anymore," Zee admits. "If it is, I don't recall anyone going there for a long time. Maybe Trog's just out-competed it?"

She gives a shrug.

"Well, we do still have the occasional random encounter around here, but most people just drop by for drinks and discussions these days. Maybe it's just a shift in the interests of the clientele," she reasons.

Maybe random silliness just isn't as popular as it used to be?

What a shame.

What's the world coming to?

"There's definitely a whole lot to see out there! Whole lot to see in here, too. I guess it depends on what you're looking for? If it's an adventure there's always one around the corner," Zee laughs as she begins gather sammich crafting materials for an order that just come up. "And you know, as it so happens, I'm something of the local inn keeper and that means I've heard all the rumors. Did you know the Aventus Aretino is trying to contact the Dark Brotherhood?" Zee asks with a completely straight face.

Then she makes a "Ppphfft!" sound before completely losing it. "Hehe, sorry, terrible joke."

10. - Top - End - #850

The slimegirl pulls herself up from the ground and onto a chair, figuring a demonstration would be better.
    She points at herself.
    She then mimes holding a book in one hand while looking at it, and with her other hand tracing the lines in the book.
    She then lifts one finger up.
    And then reaches towards the pen.
    The slimegirl grabs the pen with her left hand...for a few seconds.
    Then, it starts sinking inside of her fingers as she loses the ability to grip it.
    She lets the pen slowly drop out of her.

The slimegirl then puts her right arm's elbow on the table, and her hand against her cheek, like she's leaning against it while staring at Arthfael. The hand sort-of merges with her 'cheekbone'.
    Sure, she would like to talk!
    But she's okay with just listening.
    Once the pen leaves her hand, she gestures at him, as if she's waiting for him to start talking.
    When Arthfael woke up this evening, he wasn't expecting to be playing charades with a slimegirl in a tavern, but then, he hadn't really been anticipating the events that led him out here in the first place, so there was that.

"Er... okay, then." The young strigoi says, trying to make it seem like he completely and totally understood everything the slime girl was trying to tell him. "...Well, I guess if I'm doing all the talking, I should start with, um... my name, I guess? I'm Arthfael. Arthfael Ty-Maldwyn." He subconsciously offers his hand to shake, before realizing the circumstances and hastily withdrawing it.

"And after that... I guess you'd want to know what I'm doing here, huh?" He pauses, having a brief mental debate between telling her the truth or the excuse he had planned to give Zee if he was caught. Eventually, he settles on the truth. "I... I just needed to be away from my sisters for a little while." He says with a sigh. "They've been really cranky lately. Like, really cranky. I'm not sure what's gotten into them, but it makes them hell to be around. So... I decided to come here. It seemed safe enough. My uncle's the bouncer here, and he normally doesn't let me in, but he won't be here since he insists on staying home to look after them for a few days."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hunting for Feathers]

The condemned building of Taverna Generica was torn down and Rein's Hold was built in its place. A mega-super vault complex that looks more like a maximum security prison than a place to keep valuables.

MEANWHILE!

A catboy walks in wearing nothing but a collar with a melodious bell and a pair of red shorts. His blue gray tail slowly flicks back and forth as he heads to the bar and orders a Nuka-Cola.

As far as he knows, ordering something is the best way to get Zee's attention.

And Zee is who he's here to see today!

Though it's been so long since he was last here, he takes a look around in general for nostalgia's sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #852

Oh hey, would you look at that?

There's a face Zee hasn't seen for a long time!

"Hiya Butler! Wow how long has it been? Must have been years! Pretty sure I haven't seen you since I got back to the Nexus," she says, fetching him a bottle of his favorite soft drink. "What have you been up to? Butlering anywhere interesting?"

Of course he would be Butlering somewhere.

That is, after all, what he does.

Though maybe Zee shouldn't assume that?

Maybe he has expanded his range of expertise over the years?

What if he does valet work now, too? Or stewarding!

13. - Top - End - #853

When the slimegirl woke this morning, she wasn't expecting to get stuffed in a bucket and kidnapped, either, so she can relate with being in an unexpected situation.

She nods, showing that she's listening. Yup, got his name.
    When he gets to his sisters, her face looks like it...opens up a bit? Not like a box opening, but more like a person opening when they recognize something. She nods a little more vigorously. Having sisters is so cool! she thinks.
    Speaking of cool, 'bouncer' is a very jiggly word, she thinks. She likes it.

She nods again, to show that she's still listening.

With her free hand, she points at herself, then moves her hand (palm flat) in a j-like direction...
    ...then shakes her head. She knows and is capable of doing a couple sign language words, but doesn't know very many. And she just used the wrong one.

She pauses.
    Then, shakes her head, and tries again:
    The slimegirl makes an 'o' with her thumb and pointer finger, and sticks her pinkie up, and then waves with that hand.
    She then points at herself, and tries to introduce herself by spelling out her name. Unfortunately, she doesn't remember all of the letters and even some of the ones she knows seems to come from different sign language alphabets, and if she tries too hard then it becomes harder to make some of the gestures without taking a break, but she's doing her best!
    She points upwards with her pointer-finger, then makes a fist like playing rock-paper-scissors, successfully does the sign language letters for B (four fingers upwards) and then R (twisting two fingers), points at his head with her pinkie, then does an E (fingers slightly curled), makes an L-shape, then twists her hand around so the L is now facing the other direction, and then an E again.
    G A B R I E L L E. There! She's proud of herself for remembering all that, so she looks a little pleased.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

14. - Top - End - #854

...Kiiiiiinda sucks that Arthfael doesn't know any sign language, then. Fortunately, most of the letters are reasonably intuitive, so the young vampire can make a bit of an educated guess as to what she's trying to say.

"Ga... Gabvi... Gabvel? No, Gabriel. No, wait, no, feminine form; Gabrielle. Is that your name? Gabrielle?" Arthfael asks, putting it together a little slowly.

Gabrielle. Huh. That was a pretty name. Part of him was tempted to shorten it to just "Gabby" before realizing the irony and chuckling to himself a bit.

"Well, Gabrielle, it's, uh... it's nice to meet you." Arthfael gives her a rare smile and extends his hand again, more deliberately this time. If she has the amount of control needed to do all of that, she probably wasn't going to slime him if they shook hands. Pseudopods. Whatever.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

15. - Top - End - #855

It's okay.
    If he knew sign language, then he would be extremely disappointed when she doesn't understand him. She only knows most the letters and a few words, and everything else is charades.

When he gets her name right, she starts nodding vigorously. Yup! He got it.

She looks at his hand.
    She slowly and deliberately bringer her hand out to his pseudopod. His handpod? Her pseudohand? Something like that. Gabrielle has to concentrate pretty hard. She has to be careful so that she doesn't accidentally start digesting him, because...she eats organic matter by sticking it inside herself.
    the slimegirl puts her hand there, but doesn't squeeze.

(If he squeezes or shakes it rapidly, he'll discover her hand becoming more liquid over time.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #856

Really, she should be more worried about what that would do to her than to him. Arthfael's flesh isn't exactly healthy eating for anything, what with him being a vampire and all, and it would regenerate pretty quickly if she did manage to hurt him.

"So. Garbielle." Arthfael says, shaking her hand slowly, about as much in a daze regarding these events as one would expect. "What brings you to Trog's?" He expects deciphering her answer to be a task and a half, so he mentally braces himself for a long, intricate explanation.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

17. - Top - End - #857

Sadly, the slimegirl doesn't know that Arthfael is a vampire, so she's unaware of his status as questionably-safe-to-eat.

Gabrielle pulls her hand back and lets it recover for a bit.

She then finds a really simple way to answer! One word, even. (She has no idea how to explain 'was saving unconscious people from a poisonous mist when got kidnapped in a bucket and then almost got forced into a wedding when she escaped with the help of giant crabs and then fell deep underground and had to make her way back up to the surface all alone because being alone is exhausting' without using words, so she just chooses to say the important part.)
    She pulls her other hand away from her face, puts her hands together, and then puts them by her head, as if her hands are a pillow and she's sleeping on them.

After a good four or five seconds, she then uses one hand to trace out 'z' with her pinkie in the air.
    She then gestures under the table.

That's right!
    She came here to rest. Long day, exhausted. That's why she chose this table that's off in the less-busy corner of the room.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

18. - Top - End - #858

"You're here to... sleep?" Arthfael guesses. That made sense. Lots of people that were here at Trog's would eventually make their way upstairs to a bed. And while it was early for him, his daily routine was inverted from most of the Nexus's denizens; up at dusk, asleep at dawn. His "very early" would be her "getting kinda late". Of course she wanted to sleep.

What he had to wonder about was how, exactly, she would sleep in the first place. Did she use a bucket or something? Could she hold a solid shape while she slept? For that matter, what actually happened when she slept? He didn't see a brain in there anywhere; wouldn't she be awake all the time?

That made too little sense. He probably took her gestures a little too literally. It's just a good thing he didn't take her "Z" as a request to see Zee, or he might've had a heart attack.

"Um... okay, I guess." He says finally, scratching his head a little. "Yeah. Sleep. Good ol' sleep. Sawing logs. Catching zs. Yeah."

Crap. Now what?

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hunting for Feathers]

Butler smiles at Zee. There she is!

"Oh I've been doing well ma'am. There was a job posting for the cleanup crew of some wet work with this place called KABAL and I thought I'd be great at mopping up spills ma'am. So I've been working for them ma'am. Oh, but uh, I guess their airship isn't done yet so until it is I'm butlering at the mansion of one of their bosses, ma'am. I'm kinda surprised they aren't done yet ma'am." Butler's been at Tellysandra's for quite some time! How long does it take to fix up an airship? A long time Butler supposes! Tellysandra would surely tell him when they're ready for him and definitely isn't holding onto him like some kind of angelic trophy.

Butler takes a sip of his nuka-cola. Ahhh... so good.

"What about you ma'am? You disappeared for a while too ma'am. Do anything exciting ma'am?" He asks with genuine interest.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #860

[Hunting for Feathers]

"KABAL? I know I've heard that one before," Zee reasons, recalling various people she's met over the past few years. "Oh right! The lady with the fancy hat that covers her eyes," the barmaid says, miming eye-covering headgear. "I met her on that fancy train owned by Definitely Not Hades. She seemed a little shifty, I hope she's been treating you well, Butler."

Zee has always had some concern for Butler.

He's a pretty simple guy. He likes to buttle. Or whatever the word is for butlering. Is it just butlering? Zee really has no idea. Anyway! Simple. He tends to assume the best of people's intentions and so she has to hope no one is taking advantage of him.

"Yeah! I was gone for a while. During That Day I went and got blown up and dumped into heaven. I spent a good seven years putting myself back together and I played some, well, I guess you could call them games? I must have impressed someone since they paid for the ticket for me to come back and so now here I am! Not sure why they wanted to send me back but I figure as long as I'm here I'll do what I do best; helping people and fixing sammiches."

Arguably she does lots of other things pretty well but those are both things she's particularly fond of.

"I guess the arenas and things could probably be counted as exciting," Zee reasons, rubbing her chin thoughtfully. "But I've been MOST excited by getting to see all my old friends again. Which brings us back to you! Did you just swing by for some refreshing cola and to catch up with your old barmaid buddy?"

21. - Top - End - #861

"Maybe I'll wander around town for a while. I'm sure there'll be trouble to find." He says before pulling a bag larger than a grown man's fist out of nowhere and placing it on the counter. "Thanks for the drink, and the conversation. You can keep the change." He stands up and starts to walk to the door, but stops halfway there. "Come to think of it, I completely forgot to introduce myself, didn't I? My name is Hyozo."

The bag is full of diamonds. Why is he wearing that ratty suit if he's paying that much for a single drink. He must be bad with money.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hunting for Feathers]

"She's treated me pretty well so far ma'am. Sometimes I think she's more interested in my comfort than how well I butler for her ma'am." It's a little strange! But then, he's met a lot of people like that. Just not usually ones he's directly employed to.

"Seven years ma'am?!" Butler is really surprised. "It didn't take nearly as long for them to send me back down here ma'am. Maybe they got something wrong in the paperwork ma'am?" Butler pauses, the gears in his head trying to turn. "Come to think of it, I never did find that see-saw ma'am." How's he supposed to bring it into balance if he doesn't know where it is? Life as an angel is hard.

"I wish that was all I was here for ma'am, but I'm actually on a job right now." Drinking on the job! Butler does it shamelessly as he takes a quick sip to clear his throat. "There's this unicorn named Moonlight who asked me to ask you for a feather ma'am. Something about a Sarah Pim ma'am? I don't know any Sarah Pims, but I guess you do ma'am? I'm not sure why she wants a feather from you and not, say, a bird ma'am. That'd make more sense ma'am. But I promised I'd ask ma'am." Honestly, Kes over there has more feathers. Zee's just a normal human barmaid angel.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #863

The slimegirl nods. Yup! He got it.

She leans her head against her hand again, waiting for him to say something. Oh, if she could talk, she would say sooooo much! She would probably talk about literally everything.

What would she talk about, anyway? Probably everything, but what specifically?

The slimegirl points at Arthfael, then traces a question mark in the air.
    How is she supposed to ask 'why'? She wants to ask why he's here. She points at him again, then downwards, then traces a question mark again.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #864

The door opens and a man steps in. The man is tall and appears mostly human, but a closer look says he is only part human. For example he got scales growing on his arms and in his face and some other features suggest other different races included in him like the shape of his eyes, ears and haircolor (Grey/white). He wears a labcoat without arms since the scales would just tear through it.

Today he has non of his bodyguards near him. He just wanted to watch newcomers. Maybe he can get someone as a test subject for his researches.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

25. - Top - End - #865

The slimegirl nods. Yup! He got it.

She leans her head against her hand again, waiting for him to say something. Oh, if she could talk, she would say sooooo much! She would probably talk about literally everything.

What would she talk about, anyway? Probably everything, but what specifically?

The slimegirl points at Arthfael, then traces a question mark in the air.
    How is she supposed to ask 'why'? She wants to ask why he's here. She points at him again, then downwards, then traces a question mark again.
    Arthfael blinks uncomprehendingly. The slimegirl's intended question involved some level of abstraction, and he didn't realize it immediately. What he "heard" was basically "you floor?". Which could mean a lot of things, really. It didn't help that the most literal interpretation was clearly nonsense; of course Arthfael isn't the floor. Maybe "floor" was a verb of some kind? A way of asking if he cleaned it or something? He'd think she'd at least indicate a broom or something if that was the case.

Maybe she meant the locale. "You Trog's?" made slightly more sense. Okay, run with that. Clearly a question, so... "Who you Trog's?" Nope. "What you Trog's?" As in, "What are you doing at Trog's?". That worked, he supposed, except he already answered it. "When you Trog's?" How long has he been here? No, she didn't reference time in any way, that didn't quite make sense. "Where you Trog's?" Also didn't make sense. She knew exactly where in Trog's he was. She was right next to him. "Why you Trog's?" Why are you here? That fit, and it'd be a fair question. There were plenty of other places he could have gone to just "get out of the house", and most of them wouldn't have a problem with him being a minor. So why a tavern?

"Ah.. w-well..." Arthfael stammers. "You know what it's like. You see a door someone tells you not to go through, and the thing you want most in that moment is to be on the other side of it." He shrugs. "It's stupid, I know, but my uncle is such a stickler for the rules that I've gotta break a couple every now and then just to stay sane. And I don't just mean in the house, either. He's all 'chivalry this' and 'honor that', and he's got a procedure for everything. It's stifling."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

26. - Top - End - #866

"I'm Zee! Nice to meet you!" the barmaid calls out as she's dumping the sack of gems into the coin box. She didn't react to that with shock or anything of the like. Trog's 'pay what you think it was worth' policy often results in some people being exceptionally generous. "Feel free to stop by any time you like. We've got rooms up on the second floor if you need a place to crash."

She tries to kind and welcoming to everyone.

Even weird scaley dudes who may or may not be looking to use one of her guests for a test subject.

Zee fixes the guy in the labcoat with a look that is friendly enough but carries an undercurrent of 'you better not be planning on making trouble'.

Anywho, back to Hunting for Feathers!

"I'm glad to hear you're having a pleasant time working there," Zee replies with a kind smile. Then at Butler's outburst she laughs sheepishly. "Yeah I was scattered pretty hard. Took a long time to find all the pieces and put myself back together. But it worked out in the end and that's what matters. I think we probably visited different heavens. You know how the Nexus is there are a ton of them. I don't know anything about a see-saw of cosmic balance, though. But I'll listen for any rumors that might pop up! After all, the barmaid hears ALL SORTS of stuff. If I learn anything about what it is or where it's at I'll let you know, okay?"

And then comes some feather talk. Zee contemplates it carefully.

"I see... What the unicorn is asking for isn't a simple thing to give away. It's part of me," Zee says, her tone quite serious. She doesn't bother correcting Butler on the name of a particular type of celestial. "A small part of me, but still part of me. And any part of me is also all of me. Which is weird but that's just how it works. So I can't just give one away all willy nilly. It needs to come at a cost. So-"

Zee THUMP!s both hands on the counter as she rises.

"I'll give you a feather, but I will require payment. You must fetch for me-!"

What's it going to be?

Something fantastical? Epic? Legendary? Dangerous?

"A chocolate and strawberry smoothie from Steve the Smoothie Sultan."

Oh.

That's not so bad.

27. - Top - End - #867

Little did Arthfael know, 'floor' is secretly slang for...something. And somehow the girl who can't talk knows it.

Yes!
    He understood her!
    She nods a lot and looks pleased for him understanding.
    Oh but wait! If she nods too much, he'll think she's not listening.

She stops nodding and gets back to listening.

The slimegirl makes a sympathetic look on her face. Yeah, she can kinda get what he's saying.
    She nods, and gives a thumbs-up of approval.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #868

"And you know, it wouldn't be so bad if my sisters didn't encourage it so much." Arthfael adds, now that he was on the subject. "Siana's got it in her head that she wants to be a knight just like our dad was, and Owena hangs on to every word Kyrie says. Gets them all compiled in this nice big book, like she's some kind of historian or something." He sighs. "I mean, I get it. Brave knights, fearsome dragons, beautiful princesses, it all sounds awesome, and I think it might be our uncle's way of telling us he loves us since mom and dad clearly don't. But come on. Isn't it about time we talked about something else? When are you gonna give me pointers on how to talk to girls, uncle Kyrie?"

Not that he was having much trouble, apparently.

"Or when are we gonna get a car? You seen my report card lately? I don't give a damn about our alleged family history, what about our family here and now, huh?" Arthfael rants.

He sighs and looks over at her to gauge her reaction, worried his venting might have fallen on deaf ears. He was talking to a raspberry jell-o mould, for goodness' sake.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-07-27 at 06:55 PM.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hunting for Smoothies]

Butler spends a fair amount of time looking at Zee from different angles. What? He can't see any feathers being apart of Zee at all! Was this all one of those... kid things... a prank? No, Zee would never lie about things, she's too nice! Maybe she means the feather is all of her in a metaphorical sense. Like it's a big part of her childhood. Some people keep mementoes and memories that way.

Ah, well, Zee seems willing to part with it for a reasonable price. Feathers shouldn't be too expensive after all... wait, why did Midnight want this? Butler will never understand magic types. Tears shouldn't be this expensive either!

"Do they not sell smoothies here ma'am?" Butler's never ordered one before, so he guesses they don't! "I'll get a chocolate and strawberry smoothie for you ma'am." Butler also stands.

"Just tell me where to find Steve the Smoothie Sultan ma'am." It's a very impressive name. Butler quite thinks highly of it, as would anyone who names themselves Butler. Hopefully Steve the Smoothie Sultan isn't trying to live a peaceful, retired life.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #870

The man in question looks hurt. How can she assume he is causing trouble? At best he is going to solve it. Well he only shows that for a moment and then keeps his seriouse expression. The Slime girl might be interessting, especially since he could trade there. Mindreading would be kinda good to understand the non speaking slime and in exchange he can get something. So he seems to fokus on the slime girl and will do some mind reading, but not very deep, just the way you would notice what people want to say befor they speak it out.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK