New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: WandaVision

1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: WandaVision

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    True, but given Jane Foster’s prominence, Darcy is probably a little beyond letters of recommendation. A phone call from Jane Foster is all it would take.

I doubt if S.W.O.R.D. has much interest in dealing with postdocs if they’re not already on permanent staff. Besides which, a postdoc is essentially a place to stand while you kick out papers and job applications, and Darcy probably won’t need that.

As for her dissertation topic, almost certainly something to do with the Convergence. Your comment about her being Thor 1 Jane Foster is especially apt, since Darcy is most likely working with the same datasets that Jane was collecting at the beginning of her research.
    Technically, she was the one who first detected the early signs of the Convergence, right?

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

Laying down a theory based off episode 4 and outside sources from the internet.

Aka spoilers but also speculation please skip if you do not want to read speculation from outside the show info, influencing my ideas.

Spoiler: A theory idea
    Show

So Episode 4 introduces a missing person concept, and the missing person was in the witness protection and WestView but then the Hex barrier occurs.

What would it mean if the missing person is not Wanda or Vision. That SWORD and the FBI were keeping an eye on some other character. That this was originally going to be a minor thing for Monica to track people down but it got out of hand.

—————

Spoiler: Last Warning, Seriously I may be ruining your fun
    Show

It is going to be Hulkling aka Teddy Altman. In 2019 there was a Disney actor casting call where agents submit people to Disney and then there are follow ups and someone is eventually hired. Of course not all casting calls occur for shows get rewritten etc.

But in this 2019 casting call Teddy Altman / Hulkling is supposed to be a SWORD refugee and this show was supposed to be for WandaVISION and not Captain Marvel 2 or Secret Invasion which will be here in the future.

So yeah I will not be surprised if Teddy Altman will play a “boy next door” type in WestView, especially since IMDB has an actor that is literally credited as boy next door in the IMDB credits and is the right age.

Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Regarding Agents of SHIELD
    Spoiler
    Show
    I feel pretty strongly that, due to the time traveling in the later seasons, Agents of SHIELD ended up in it's own alternate timeline from the MCU movies. There's no evidence that Thanos ever succeeded in snapping half the universe in Agents of SHIELD, for example. (I thought maybe they'd address it since SHIELD took a whole year off and didn't run any episodes between Infinity War and Endgame, but then Endgame skipped ahead 5 years and it really couldn't work. Turns out it was just so they could get Coulson to appear in Captain Marvel.)

So I think it's totally fair game for future MCU films and series to act as though SHIELD never reformed after being branded as fugitives, and just go ahead with SWORD instead. Coulson isn't likely to return at this point. The only likely candidate to reappear is Quake, but I'm pretty sure she's doing something in space on the Zephyr now, which takes her away from the game.

Anyway, I thought episode 4 was really great and Darcy had some great development in the years since we've seen her!
    Last edited by KillianHawkeye; 2021-02-01 at 03:34 AM.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye
    I feel pretty strongly that, due to the time traveling in the later seasons, Agents of SHIELD ended up in it's own alternate timeline from the MCU movies.
    I had this sense as well, since the last season was a little fuzzy on where they ended up. This article does a reasonable job of explaining how far the show tracked the MCU and when it began to diverge. (In summary: blame the Quantum Realm.)

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

So I watched the first four episodes. Pretty good the moment with

Spoiler
    Show

Dead Vision

Was really quite good. Well done on that one.

So far I'm enjoying it. A bit disappointed Darcy returned, I was never a fan of her character in Thor and was just as happy the humans of the Thor movies didn't return in Ragnarok. But she wasn't unduly annoying here, so I'm willing to see if her character becomes enjoyable.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

Dual Protagonists?

Spoiler: Noticing thematic story details that mirror each other
    Show

Alternative Batman? Hear me out
    I am actually not talking about Batman but using it as a starting point to show how two characters mirror each other.
    • Wanda: All alone at the start of WandaVISION.
    • First 10 years of life probably normal, then Sokovia had a war and a Stark bomb took everyone in her family with the except of Pietro who is Wanda's Alfred Figure, with the bomb playing the role of the 1989's Batman's pearls that was on Martha.
    • Then Wanda and Pietro do protests against Stark buildings as teens.
    • Then as Adults Wanda and Pietro volunteered for Stucker's Experiments for Sokovia was in another war.
    • 2015: Age of Ultron. Pietro dies
    • 2015: Age of Ultron. Wanda meets Vision the same day Pietro dies.
    • 2016: CA Civil War. Wanda and Vision go on the run underground after the Civil War conflict with Avengers. These times are deep cover and are probably the happiest of Wanda's life.
    • 2018 Apr 30th: Avengers Infinity War. Vision is stabbed by Corvus Glaive. Wanda and Vision try to do the Wakanda route where Vision is separated from the Mind Stone.
    • 2018 May 31st: Avengers Infinity War. Vision is killed by Thanos.
    • 2018 May 31st: Avengers Infinity War. Wanda is Blipped by the Snap.
    • 2023 Oct 17th: Avengers Endgame. Wanda is returned by the 2nd Snap and teleported from Wakanda to New York by Wong doing his Sorcerer Waygates.
    • 2023 Oct 29th: Avengers Endgame. Wanda attend's Tony's Funeral
    • 2023 Unknown Timeframe: WandaVISION. Wanda enters WestView
    • 2023 Nov 7th: WandaVISION. Monica Rambeau enters WestView Hex Dome, it has been 3 weeks since the Blip was canceled by the 2nd snap.

So by my count it has been less than 2 months for Wanda since Vision got stabbed and less than 3 weeks for her returning from the Blip having the Battle of Earth in New York with Thanos, and then somehow entering WestView.

Wanda has a pattern of distracting herself with anger as a survival coping mechanism when she is facing trauma such as going straight for Ultron and Thanos, but what happens when you can't push away an aggressor and you are all alone? You have to sit with the pain or avoid it.

• Monica: All alone at the start of WandaVision roughly 40 if she was not blipped, but due to losing 5 years of her life due to the blip is biologically 35.
    • 1989: Captain Marvel. In 1989, so when Monica was roughly 6 her 2nd mother, her Aunt Carol, and the 3 of them were family left Monica.
    • 1995: Captain Marvel. In 1995, so when Monica was roughly 12 Aunt Carol shows up for a weekend and reveals she is a superhero. Aunt Carol remembers Monica's nickname "Lieutenant Trouble."
    • Unknown Timeframe Monica's mother Maria Rambeau creates SWORD
    • Unknown Timeframe Monica becomes a "soldier" at SWORD
    • 2018: Wandavision. Before the Snap Monica was a Captain at SWORD and Maria is getting treated for Cancer. Monica is blipped away but Maria stays.
    • 2020: Wandavision. Maria dies
    • 2023: Wandavision. Monica Returns from the Blip due to the 2nd snap and it is a chaotic hospital experience with the return. Monica is all alone.
    • 2023: Wandavision. November 7th it has been 3 weeks since the Blip. Monica is the first to return to work at SWORD, she is throwing herself into her work to feel a sense of normalcy. Monica is grounded per SWORD policy. The FBI wants assistance tracking down a missing person, a him, and the him is not Wanda or Vision based off later dialogue that Jimmy Woo states. The missing person is a known person and it is in "Witness Protection" (that 2 identities the secret identity and also the cover identity.) Yet due to the Hex Dome sucking up Monica the whole project instantly changes and less than 24 hours later Darcy and many other scientists are on the scene and SWORD has military "travel" equipment and tents on site.

There are too much similarities here between Monica and Wanda. This is a conscious choice by the show writers. Monica and Wanda are supposed to mirror each other and are dual protagonists and they share a common struggle but also are different providing perspective on the other.

Like I said earlier it is pseudo Batmanish. Both of these people are alone now in this universe besides their "community" one being WestView the other SWORD. Both of them did the call to adventure and train to become a form of soldier with Wanda and Pietro doing protests originally as teens, and then later as adults became experiments voluntarily by Strucker in exchange for the possibility of powers. Monica by contrast is a soldier like figure at SWORD and is now the rank of Captain.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2021-02-01 at 09:10 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: Newest episode, spoilers
    Show

Okay, so the facade seems to be breaking up. I saw some theory that Wanda had stolen Vision's body, and it seems to be correct. No idea how it's reanimated, he does seem more independent than rest of the people in Westview.

Wanda herself seems to be fully aware what's going on, but like Vision said, it might have been involuntary until recently. So maybe there's someone else involved? I've seen someone suggest Mephisto? At least it feels like someone gave her a power boost, even if they didn't specifically set this up.

And damn that ending! I wonder if this means they'll start bringing X-men to MCU, or if this is just a joke? Or they'll bring back Quicksilver, but just recast him?

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

New episode, good but strange.

Spoiler: Just A Few Points
    Show
    - It seems like there are several levels to Wanda’s psyche—she clearly understands what she’s doing when she’s outside the Hex, but inside she seems to surface and submerge, staying inside her storyline when she can but surfacing when forced to.

- And it seems this isn’t just a phantom version of Vision, but his actual body that she’s reanimating, which is creepy as frack.

But given that he seems capable of independent thought, this may be a way to bring him back permanently, powered by Wanda herself rather than the Mindstone. Partway through Infinity War they mentioned that Wanda's power was on a similar harmonic to the Mindstone (or something like that), probably because the Mindstone (inside the sceptre) gave her that power--so maybe she can use it to restore Vision?

- S.W.O.R.D.’s leader is being set up as Obvious Bad Guy. Wondering who the not-obvious bad guy is.

- Why should Darcy be a fan of Monica Rambeau? What has Monica done that’s worthy of adulation from a Ph.D. astrophysicist? I would think Darcy would be a big Thor fan, possibly an Avengers fan, and it doesn’t seem like Monica is quite at the Avengers’ level.

Also, why does Monica not want to talk about Captain Marvel? Some painful backstory there?

And what's this about Carole Danvers getting her powers from an infinity stone? I thought she got them by standing too close to a Kree drive cell when she fired into it.

- Also, pretty sure that if Woo picked up a bullet that was just fired, he’d burn his fingers. Especially if that bullet just bounced off Kevlar slacks.

Spoiler: Frickin’ Internet Spoilers
    Show
    Thanks to some annoying YouTube algorithms, I knew that Pietro would be coming back—but wasn’t expecting X-Men Pietro.

So, why use him instead of the Ultron version? Both in Wanda’s reality and in the Disney+ show, what’s the purpose of that?
    Last edited by Palanan; 2021-02-05 at 10:57 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

Wow. So many new questions!

Spoiler
    Show

The aerospace engineer is definitely Reed Richards, right?

And wow, Peter from X-Men.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

So, here's my theory.

Spoiler
    Show
    The one's pushing the buttons behind Wanda are the twins themselves -- Bobby and Tommy. It's a kind of paradox where they're facilitating their own inception and development from the future.

Everyone else in the WandaVision universe is an actual person brainwashed into being there in that role, but that doesn't explain the twin's whole existence especially as we see in this episode that nothing in Westview came from literal nothing. We also see the baby twins are unaffected by her abilities. That's something the sit-com meta-elements tried to play off by bringing in the kooky neighbour, but it really seemed to bother Wanda when she couldn't simply command them to sleep as she could with anyone else.

I'm also tempted to suggest that Evan Peters is not a "re-cast" version of Pietro either - in-universe or out - but Tommy's future persona - Speed in the comics - playing the role of Pietro. Particularly as Wanda made a point that he being there wasn't her conscious intent and she couldn't or wouldn't use her powers to bring back the dead.

Edit: To answer one of Palanan's questions, Captain Marvel got her powers from a prototype FTL engine powered by the Space Stone which was in the Tesseract from Captain America. That's why Mar-Vell came to Earth and worked with SHIELD/NASA, since the Stone made the drive possible.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2021-02-05 at 11:34 AM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Show
    - It seems like there are several levels to Wanda’s psyche—she clearly understands what she’s doing when she’s outside the Hex, but inside she seems to surface and submerge, staying inside her storyline when she can but surfacing when forced to.

- And it seems this isn’t just a phantom version of Vision, but his actual body that she’s reanimating, which is creepy as frack.

But given that he seems capable of independent thought, this may be a way to bring him back permanently, powered by Wanda herself rather than the Mindstone. Partway through Infinity War they mentioned that Wanda's power was on a similar harmonic to the Mindstone (or something like that), probably because the Mindstone (inside the sceptre) gave her that power--so maybe she can use it to restore Vision?

- S.W.O.R.D.’s leader is being set up as Obvious Bad Guy. Wondering who the not-obvious bad guy is.

- Why should Darcy be a fan of Monica Rambeau? What has Monica done that’s worthy of adulation from a Ph.D. astrophysicist? I would think Darcy would be a big Thor fan, possibly an Avengers fan, and it doesn’t seem like Monica is quite at the Avengers’ level.

Also, why does Monica not want to talk about Captain Marvel? Some painful backstory there?

And what's this about Carole Danvers getting her powers from an infinity stone? I thought she got them by standing too close to a Kree drive cell when she fired into it.

- Also, pretty sure that if Woo picked up a bullet that was just fired, he’d burn his fingers. Especially if that bullet just bounced off Kevlar slacks.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Drive Cell in question was powered by the Tesserract/Space Stone.

There is mention of Monica being "up there", she seems to be an Astronaut of some sort, so it makes sense for an Astrophysicist to have heard of her.

Spoiler: Frickin’ Internet Spoilers
    Show
    Thanks to some annoying YouTube algorithms, I knew that Pietro would be coming back—but wasn’t expecting X-Men Pietro.

So, why use him instead of the Ultron version? Both in Wanda’s reality and in the Disney+ show, what’s the purpose of that?
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't know. The X-Men version of the character is more popular, and it's a funny gag, but I imagine they'll get into it.

Most likely explanation is that this isn't Pietro. From what we've seen, Wanda is rewriting reality, Monica's bulletproof vest became "Geraldine" slacks and top. This might not be Pietro, but some random townie "cast" as Pietro, since she doesn't have her brother's corpse to puppet around.

If we wanna get weird, it sounds like the next phase of the MCU is leaning into Multiverse stuff. X-Men Pietro has had a more idyllic life than MCU Pietro. He's a mutant with innate powers, rather than the result of horrible hydra experiments. His parents were not killed in a war, despite a life with less conflict he seems to have far more power. It's possible that, with her brother unavailable, she pulled in an alternate version of her brother.

Last edited by BRC; 2021-02-05 at 11:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

Answering some Palanan questions both with facts and opinions / projections.

Show

We know that there was at least an outer space part of SWORD prior to the blip based off Monica and SWORD director’s comments in episode 4. It was mostly shut down by the blip.

We also know outside the WandaVISION they are doing a fantastic four movie. I would not be surprised this is an Easter egg to set up a future FF4 project.

In the comics in an Spider-Man Annual in the 80s Monica Rambeau is a lieutenant who is denied her promotion to Captain due to having a jerk boss. She still does her job to the best of her abilities despite this injustice. She is then exposed to cosmic like energies similar to the FF4 (but not quite the same) so she goes to New York for she has superpowers but also she is a walking bomb unless someone from the FF4 or Avengers fix her. Well Spider-Man gets involved for her unstable powers trigger his Spider-Sense (he does not know why at first) but also because he finds Monica to be hot

As a child, and rereference by the blip Hospital scene. Monica is Lieutenant Trouble from Captain Marvel. Carol Danvers was a 2nd mom to Monica, known as Aunt Carol. Aunt Carol living in the same house as Monica’s mom Maria who died of Cancer but Maria also founded Sword prior to her death.

LT Trouble was 6 when Auntie Carol disappeared in Captain Marvel with no clue of why. To a child Auntie Carol ran away / abandoned her. Then Vers / Captain Marvel shows up again for a weekend when Monica was 12. Her Hero returned but then abandoned her family once again. Then she shows up a 2nd time in Endgame and to Monica that was only 3 weeks ago. Monica likely has unprocessed feelings and pain with Carol. Her Hero / 2nd Mother was not there for her when she was growing up, she still idolizes Carol yet Monica is now all alone in this world but also when your parents were not there for you during trials and tribulations it hurts and you may be resentful and a dozen other unprocessed feelings.

Yes the Kree engine was an experiment similar to 1940s Hydra in Captain America 1 was storing energy from the Space Stone / Tesseract Cube in other objects for the cube directly was too powerful.

Carol got the power from the Kree Engine and thus indirectly the Stone. Wanda got her power from the Loki scepter experiments and thus indirectly a different Infinity Stones.

Quote Originally Posted by understatement View Post
    Wow. So many new questions!

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by understatement View Post
    The aerospace engineer is definitely Reed Richards, right?
    I am thinking Rhodey from Iron Man. Got to set up Iron Wars and the new teen hero Iron Heart.

I expect the FF4 to get an Easter Egg reference / teaser, just not like this. But hell I can be wrong

13. - Top - End - #193
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: A Very Special Episode Realization
    Show
    It occurred to me right before the end of the episode--the *reason* it became a Very Special Episode about accepting the death of the dog is because *the dog got hit by the drone strike*, possibly when Wanda deflected it from hitting her, and 'it ate poisonous Azalea leaves' was just the sitcom logic covering that up.
    Take my love, take my land
    Take me where I cannot stand.
    I don't care, I'm still free,
    You can't take the sky from me.

Defender of

Don't make me trot out Smite Moron!

Thanks to Sneak for the Avatar.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    Spoiler: A Very Special Episode Realization
    Show
    It occurred to me right before the end of the episode--the *reason* it became a Very Special Episode about accepting the death of the dog is because *the dog got hit by the drone strike*, possibly when Wanda deflected it from hitting her, and 'it ate poisonous Azalea leaves' was just the sitcom logic covering that up.
    Spoiler
    Show

...making it both a stand-in for her parents (killed by a bomb) and the Wakandans killed in Lagos (Killed by a bomb she deflected).

So, first, a random thought, everybody nearby must be very confused about all the millitary stuff set up on an empty stretch of highway, since knowledge of Westview has apparently been edited out of the minds of everybody who knew about the town before.

Finally, the question of Lucidity and Control.

Most of the Townsfolk appear pretty firmly under Control, presumably under Wanda's direct control, playing out their sitcom roles in a sort of Trance. When Vision zapped his co-worker, he snapped out of the control fully, as if his free will was restored. In this "trance" state they appear UNABLE to avoid playing along with the Script. There does seem to be some level of control they can exert, the neighbor cutting through the wall, Mister Hart shouting "Why did you come here", but in general they appear to be complete puppets.

Sometimes the people seem more like Actors following their roles at Gunpoint. Agatha seems to be in this mode at all times, and "Geraldine" also seemed to act this way. When the Script was broken, they talk about "Starting over" or "Taking it from the top". Less like they are Unable to go against the script, and more like they are Unwilling to do so.

Vision and the Kids appear fully lucid and free willed, but fully bought into the scenario. They're unaware that anything is wrong, but are capable of acknowledging inconsistencies when they see them.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

It is even more than that Serenity and BRC

Spoiler: Age of characters in MCU
    Show

Tony Stark's "bomb" that took her parents from her, leaving her alone merely with Pietro happened when she was 10.

Vision with the Dog arguing with Wanda agreed the Twins can't have a Dog till they were 10.

The kids then age themselves up, lets say to 10.

Wanda "feels trapped" for she is literally re-enacting her worse traumas for the other people will not leave her alone. [Acting] Director Tyler Hayward is literally being the new Tony Stark who she blames for stealing her idyllic environment where she has family. It is Tony Stark and his robots / bombs who took her parents and Pietro, and now Tyler Hayward with his drones is trying to do the same to Vision and her new two children Tommy and Billy.

"Et in Arcadia Ego" Even in Arcadia, there am II here meaning Death. Even in Paradise there is people who bring death with them.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

thoughts on the ending of episode 5

Spoiler
    Show

What if S.W.O.R.D. intentionally dug up Quicksilver and slipped him into the Hex in an attempt to use him to break Wanda? If vision is alive in there, maybe other corpses can be too. Why they'd jump to this I'm not sure. But it does look like the cracks are starting to show in the illusion, best i can think is they're hoping Quicksilver will be able to break them even further.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Kitten Champion
    To answer one of Palanan's questions, Captain Marvel got her powers from a prototype FTL engine powered by the Space Stone which was in the Tesseract from Captain America. That's why Mar-Vell came to Earth and worked with SHIELD/NASA, since the Stone made the drive possible.
    You’re right, the Tesseract was sitting right there in the Kree lab. I watched half the movie barely a week ago and still managed to forget the Tesseract was involved.

Originally Posted by BRC
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's possible that, with her brother unavailable, she pulled in an alternate version of her brother.
    Spoiler
    Show
    …Maybe, but it feels like a stretch, even for Wanda. Everything she’s been doing has been in our world or inside her head, or some mixture of the two. Thus far there hasn’t been any indication that she’s reaching into alternate realities.

That said, she's in the next Dr. Strange movie, which is explicitly about the multiverse, so this could be the first hint of that connection.

Originally Posted by Ramza00
    Spoiler
    Show
    Her Hero returned but then abandoned her family once again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I suppose it’s possible, but I didn’t get the sense of the kid resenting Carol when she returned; they were having too much fun playing with Carol’s neon costume, and when Carol flew off it was pure joy and hero worship on the kid’s face.

And while she may have been disappointed that Carol went off to explore the cosmos, I don’t think it would necessarily be that painful. I have a feeling some other, as-yet-unexplained incident may be in play.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes the Kree engine was an experiment similar to 1940s Hydra in Captain America 1 was storing energy from the Space Stone / Tesseract Cube in other objects for the cube directly was too powerful.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think I missed this connection entirely.

But now I’m really confused. Johann Schmidt (I think) pulled the Tesseract from a Scandinavian church, used it to power all his Hydra toys, and then lost it to a case of cosmic butterfingers. Then Howard Stark pulled it up from the seafloor and gave it to S.H.I.E.L.D.

But then it turns up on a Kree research vessel? Did they ever explain the S.H.I.E.L.D.-to-Kree aspect? Or did Mar-Vell just "borrow" it from S.H.I.E.L.D., take it into space, and "forget" to give it back?

Someone needs to do a chain-of-custody on all these frickin’ stones, because they sure get around.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am thinking Rhodey from Iron Man.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This was my first thought as well. Word is he’ll be showing up in Falcon & Winter Soldier, and I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a cameo in WandaVision as well.

Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir
    Spoiler
    Show
    What if S.W.O.R.D. intentionally dug up Quicksilver and slipped him into the Hex in an attempt to use him to break Wanda? If vision is alive in there, maybe other corpses can be too. Why they'd jump to this I'm not sure. But it does look like the cracks are starting to show in the illusion, best i can think is they're hoping Quicksilver will be able to break them even further.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think on some level Wanda knows that she’s reanimating Vision. But she was utterly shocked by Pietro, and it seems unlikely that she’s reanimating someone she never expected to see again.

Also seems unlikely that S.W.O.R.D. would do that, because reanimation doesn’t seem like their thing.
    Last edited by Palanan; 2021-02-05 at 03:52 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan;24916780

[SPOILER
    I think I missed this connection entirely.

But now I’m really confused. Johann Schmidt (I think) pulled the Tesseract from a Scandinavian church, used it to power all his Hydra toys, and then lost it to a case of cosmic butterfingers. Then Howard Stark pulled it up from the seafloor and gave it to S.H.I.E.L.D.

But then it turns up on a Kree research vessel? Did they ever explain the S.H.I.E.L.D.-to-Kree aspect?

Someone needs to do a chain-of-custody on all these frickin’ stones, because they sure get around.[/SPOILER]
    Spoiler
    Show

IIRC, The Secret Plot of Captain Marvel was that

Carol's Mentor on earth, the engineer in charge of Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S (Which was the propulsion version of Shield's many Tesseract experiments) was actually a disguised Kree, Mar-Vel.

She was expiermenting with using the Tesseract to develop an Engine, but she wasn't doing it for S.H.I.E.L.D, she was actually working with a group of Skrull Refugees, some of whom she was sheltering on earth. Her end goal was to use the Tesseract to power a ship that could rescue the Skrulls and get them away from Kree Occupied territory.

The Kree find out, Mar-Vel orders Carol Danvers to destroy the power core of the experimental fighter (Causing Carol to get blasted with Infinity Stone Magic that gives her superpowers), killing Mar-Vel.

Presumably, Mar-Vel and her Skrull allies at one point got the Tesseract away from SHIELD and hid it on her ship, hidden in earth's orbit, along with a group of Skrull Refugees.

So, Howard Stark pulls it out of the ocean and gives it to S.H.I.E.L.D, who gives it to a woman they believe to be Wendy Lawson, but is actually Mar-Vell. Mar-Vell somehow gets it out of their grasp, and onto her Ship. Carol and company get to the ship and recover it (It gets eaten by a Flerkin), the flerkin in question then vomits it up onto Nick Fury's desk, returning it to S.H.I.E.L.D.

It's not quite clear how Wendy Lawson/Mar-Vell got SHIELD to hand over the Tesserract to the degree that she was able to hide it on her ship without them knowing, but apparently she did. It's possible that the Skrulls stole it from SHIELD on her orders after she died

[/SPOILER]
    Last edited by BRC; 2021-02-05 at 04:04 PM.
    [/Center]

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

Captain Marvel Stuff responding to Palanan

Spoiler: Kree Stuff
    Show

So the Tesseract was lost during WW2 in the ocean.
    They (Humans / SHIELD) found the Cube prior to finding Captain America by decades for the Cube leaked a tractable form of radiation.
    They (Humans / SHIELD) did some experiments with the cube.

Meanwhile gender swapped Captain Mar-Vell(he is a blonde man in the comics, but in the MCU Mar-Vell is played by Annette Bening who did a fabalous job in the Captain Marvel movie), well Mar-Vell who is a Kree was posing as Wendy Lawson an Air Force person who was a mentor for Carol Danvers. Mar-Vell as Wendy Lawson was a scientist for Project Pegasus (a SHIELD, Nasa, and Air Force joint operation) where they were trying to create a light speed engine powered by the Tesseract.

So Carol Danvers got her superpowers both from a Project Pegasus engine created by Shield but also via Kree Technology developed by Mar-Vell. Depending on how we look at the situation for we are just using different identifiers to describe the same event. (Identifiers we are more familiar with due to Captain Marvel being a mystery movie with all its spy stuff.)

Later on the Kree Supreme Intelligence whenever Vers visits it sees Wendy Lawson / Mar-Vell as its avatar for that person was important to Vers, and the Kree Supreme Intelligence always takes on the form of someone you are close to, and usually the person you most admire. This in turn causes Vers stress for she does not remember Wendy due to the memory suppression.

-----

As for Monica Rambeau and Carol Danvers, I read the situation as Monica has complicated feelings with Carol. "Angry tears in other words."

Right now Angry Tears is a distraction and the personality of Monica is to power through those feelings, to deny them, and push them aside, if they are not useful to the problem at hand. Carol is not there in the room with her, so better to bottle up those feelings and talk about the real problems at hand and not engage with trivia with Darcy and Woo who do not realize they are picking a scab right now with Monica. (Sidenote this is the right call if we are thinking local inside the story, and not meta people who are able to see the greater narrative outside the story for we can break the 4th wall in a way characters can not.)

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I think on some level Wanda knows that she’s reanimating Vision. But she was utterly shocked by Pietro, and it seems unlikely that she’s reanimating someone she never expected to see again.

Also seems unlikely that S.W.O.R.D. would do that, because reanimation doesn’t seem like their thing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I’m inclined to agree, if only because it’s apparently only been nine days since the whole thing started and SWORD isn’t running on sitcom time - that’s a bit of a time crunch to go dig up Pietro’s corpse, bring it back to Westview and chuck it into the Hex. And that’s ignoring that they needed time to figure out that’s what Wanda was doing. And doesn’t explain why Pietro doesn’t look like himself.

Mind controlling a random citizen and dyeing his hair to match the character he is now playing seems a lot more likely IMO, regardless if it’s Wanda doing it or not. Won’t comment on the possibility of multiverse shenanigans; ordinarily I would think the first show of the Phase would be a little early to throw that in, but WandaVision wasn’t originally intended to be the first show...

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by BRC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Presumably, Mar-Vel and her Skrull allies at one point got the Tesseract away from SHIELD and hid it on her ship, hidden in earth's orbit, along with a group of Skrull Refugees.

…It's not quite clear how Wendy Lawson/Mar-Vell got SHIELD to hand over the Tesserract to the degree that she was able to hide it on her ship without them knowing, but apparently she did. It's possible that the Skrulls stole it from SHIELD on her orders after she died….
    Spoiler
    Show
    That’s exactly the part I was puzzled about, which they seem to have glossed over. Skrull shenanigans (dare I say Skrullduggery?) seems the likeliest explanation for how the Tesseract got into orbit, but it’s kind of a major point to leave unaddressed.

Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga
    Spoiler
    Show
    And doesn’t explain why Pietro doesn’t look like himself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is probably the most telling point, although I keep wondering if the MCU actor wasn’t available, or was available but passed over. I much preferred the MCU version of Pietro. His scenes in X-Men were the best scenes of the respective movies, but not as thrilled with that version of the character.

In particular, in the X-Men version the Maximoff siblings weren’t twins. I have a feeling that may play into this somehow.
    Last edited by Palanan; 2021-02-05 at 04:36 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    i think to some degree the Hex is a bit of an autonomous thing though. Wanda wasn't aware of the helicopter drone, the man in the haz-mat suit, or the tether he was tied too. they were all still changed when they passed the boarder. I think just throwing anything in there will change them, regardless of weather or not Wanda is aware of it or not.

Unrelated:

So Wanda got Telekenetic and Telepathic powers from the mind stone, and Captain Marvel got flight, force-field, and plasma-blasts from the space stone.

What kind of powers do you think people would get from the Time, Reality, and Soul stone?

that could be an interesting premise for a future series. Quick jaunt back in time, borrow some stone, make new super humans out of em, get yourself some living infinity stones in the modern world. could make a whole team out of em.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    This is probably the most telling point, although I keep wondering if the MCU actor wasn’t available, or was available but passed over. I much preferred the MCU version of Pietro. His scenes in X-Men were the best scenes of the respective movies, but not as thrilled with that version of the character.
    Spoiler
    Show
    +1 this also. Willing to die to save someone’s life > steals things for fun because he can. The lack of comparably awesome scenes is more on the writer/director of Age of Ultron, not any fault of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    What kind of powers do you think people would get from the Time, Reality, and Soul stone?
    Time: the ability to age/de-age people or objects (EX: make a car rust into uselessness or restore it to brand new), freeze things in place, reverse time in a localized area (“Oops, I spilled my drink!” Whoop! “There, now I didn’t!”), see into the past or future.

Reality: ...honestly what’s been going on in Westview. Be able to conjure up objects, erase things from existence (“That building is on fire? Now it’s not! And all the floors are clean!”), disguise yourself, turn things into different things.

Soul: Raise the dead, see and interact with spirits and maybe other dimensions.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    That’s exactly the part I was puzzled about, which they seem to have glossed over. Skrull shenanigans (dare I say Skrullduggery?) seems the likeliest explanation for how the Tesseract got into orbit, but it’s kind of a major point to leave unaddressed.
    I don't think it's necessary for the Skrulls to be involved at all. Lawson/Mar-Vell was a genius member of a highly-advanced alien race that successfully infiltrated NASA, SHIELD, and the US Airforce and worked with their most sensitive research while also hiding the full implications of said research.

That she could've use her position to smuggle the Tesseract out of 1980's-level Earth security to a cloaked spaceship in orbit seems a fairly trivial feat.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    -

Spoiler
    Show
    She's a fan of Monica in the role of Geraldine. Watching her on TV
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kekkersboy

My gaming and ideas channel.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Kitten Champion
    That she could've use her position to smuggle the Tesseract out of 1980's-level Earth security to a cloaked spaceship in orbit seems a fairly trivial feat.
    Even in the 80s, S.H.I.E.L.D. still has intelligent people who have a forty-year track record of keeping tabs on some of the strangest and most dangerous items humanity has yet encountered. And S.H.I.E.L.D. knows the Tesseract is top of that list, so I feel like a real explanation is necessary. Otherwise it's not really fair to S.H.I.E.L.D.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    So Wanda got Telekenetic and Telepathic powers from the mind stone, and Captain Marvel got flight, force-field, and plasma-blasts from the space stone.

that could be an interesting premise for a future series. Quick jaunt back in time, borrow some stone, make new super humans out of em, get yourself some living infinity stones in the modern world. could make a whole team out of em.
    Spoiler: Infinity Stones + Wanda
    Show
    She has all the stone powers actually. She's a living Infinity Gauntlet. Mind and Reality are the most obvious, but we see her fall to the ground in AoU and trigger a disintegration wave like the Power Stone, she senses both Black Widow and Vision in the afterlife like the Soul stone, and she sees the future like Doctor Strange did when he used the Time Stone, etc.

We also see this hinted at in the show. Every "commercial" we've seen so far hints at one of the stones - the toaster in episode 1 has a light in the center positioned like Vision's Mind Stone, the Strucker watch is hinting at the Time stone, the Hydra Soak soap is a blue cube akin to the Tesseract, and the spilled red liquid in the Lagos commercial is reminiscent of the Aether.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Even in the 80s, S.H.I.E.L.D. still has intelligent people who have a forty-year track record of keeping tabs on some of the strangest and most dangerous items humanity has yet encountered. And S.H.I.E.L.D. knows the Tesseract is top of that list, so I feel like a real explanation is necessary. Otherwise it's not really fair to S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Points to the same feat occuring in Endgame

Are you telling me 1989 SHIELD is so much better than 1970 SHIELD?

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: surprises
    Show
    So something I had pointed out to me is that this is the actor who played Quicksilver in the X-men films...

SET IN THE 1980s and 1990s And this and the next episode are set in the 1980s and 1990s
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kekkersboy

My gaming and ideas channel.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: My own take on Episode 5
    Show
    Agnes killed the dog to get a reaction.