New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Default Looking for Path of War Homebrew

As the title says, I'm looking for more Path of War content/homebrew. Pretty sure I've found everything by Dreamscarred Press at this point, but particularly I'm interested in other base classes and other disciplines if they exist, and I've hardly found anything in my search so far.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Looking for Path of War Homebrew

I do not know about any homebrew, but are you aware of Lost Paths: Voltaic by Lost Spheres?

It provides a base class, the voltaic, a spell point system for maneuvers based on stamina, a feat that opens people up to learning maneuvers in eureka moments if you want a more wuxia game, 3 archetypes, and the spark of battle discipline.

They also produced Codex of Blood: Parasites and Paragons, which includes the flavorful Parasite base class, archetypes, and three more martial disciplines.

Arcforge: Starpath by Legendary Games has initiator archetypes for the Solarian and other starfinder classes.

And the Legendary Medium has an archetype where they gain disciplines from their spirit possession instead of spells.

I hope you didn't already know about all that so this hasn't been a waste of everyone's time, but good luck on finding more path of war stuff.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

There is also a divergent mystic play test which will never be published as a official pdf but you can still find online. I like the Noetic Mystic which is a psionic mystic similar to a wilder.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

4. - Top - End - #4

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    There is also a divergent mystic play test which will never be published as a official pdf but you can still find online. I like the Noetic Mystic which is a psionic mystic similar to a wilder.
    Huh, I had never heard of that. Thanks for mentioning it.

Oh and Lost Spheres has a prestige class that might be of interest- The Great Mind.

Great mind are scholar types who gain practical abilities from their studies-like learning how to throw bombs via alchemy, channeling positive or negative energy from religion, or how to become an initiator. I imagine someone has come up with an interesting combination for a Great Mind that combines initiation with some other goodies from other classes.
    Last edited by StSword; 2021-01-26 at 04:33 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by StSword View Post
    Huh, I had never heard of that. Thanks for mentioning it.
    Yeah I love the Noetic Mystic way too much. I love it by itself but also I love it for it just synergizes well with other Charisma based Path of War followed by you going one of the awesome Path of War Prestige classes that advance your IL for all classes so your 2nd and 3rd PoW classes still get higher IL and trade maneuvers out but at like HD -1, or HD -2, or HD -3 compared to a single class (and one class trades out maneuvers at normal pace with the practiced initiator trait.)

Lastly I love the Noetic Mystic for it forces me to make choices.

• Noetic Mystic: Elemental Flux, Mithral Current, Riven Hourglass, Sleeping Goddess, Solar Wind, and Veiled Moon
    • Normal Mystic: Elemental Flux, Mithral Current, Riven Hourglass, Shattered Mirror, Solar Wind, and Veiled Moon.

Swapping Shattered Mirror for Sleeping Goddess is sometimes a positive trade and sometimes weaker, it causes the delightful excruciating pain for I want both but you have to choose and I like the drama of it all.

Sidenote Radiant Dawn is always swapped out for a different discipline at my play table, usually for Solar Wind, but sometimes for Mithral Current or Veiled Moon.

-----

Note for anyone who is reading and has not searched for the Divergent Path Mystic Playtest there are 4 more mystic archetypes for a total of 5. A new prestige class Soul Caster, plus some new items and feats.

I 💕 it.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2021-01-26 at 04:47 PM.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

While a lot of this could be considered homebrew for Tome of Battle instead of Path of War, there's a lot that could easily be ported between systems. And also just a lot in general.

The Homebrew Martial Discipline Compendium.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2021-01-26 at 08:44 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    While a lot of this could be considered homebrew for Tome of Battle instead of Path of War, there's a lot that could easily be ported between systems. And also just a lot in general.

The Homebrew Martial Discipline Compendium.
    On that note, I'll add Age of Warriors and the Disciplines on dnd-wiki
    Last edited by radthemad4; 2021-01-30 at 12:22 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Thanks so much everyone! These are great resources!

Sorry I'm a little late on the response.