Zombie

Default Re: Hell's rebels - In Hell's bright shadow [ dnd 5e IC ]

K'tak
    Lizardfolk Barbarian
    AC: 15 | Current HP: 14 | Max HP: 14 | Hit Die: 1d12
    Initiative: +0 | Pperception: 15
    Condition(s):Bardic inspiration (1d6)
    Active effect(s): Rage

K'tak grimaces at the creature that even she had some reservations about taking a bite out of melts before her and Orion's assault, but she does shoot the human a reassuring nod as his attack was the one that brought it down. Seeing that there were still more standing though, that nod is short lived as she raises her axe and rushes over to the one attacking Rexus. K'tak brings the blade down in a descending chop, looking to bury it in the beast.

Spoiler: OOC actions:
    Show
    Attack against the Lemure who took a swipe at Rexus: (1d20+3)[13]
    And dmg on hit: [roll]1d8+3[/roll] *roll messed up here, made in OOC chat for 4 dmg.
    Last edited by Zalphier; 2021-03-25 at 09:24 AM.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

K'tak's axe strikes a lemure on it's arm. The arm partially detaches and starts to slide down the body... Then it stops at the level where a human would have a navel and stops there. The creature prepares to try to swing at K'tak...

Orion casts a mind sliver on one of the lemures and once again the creature is affected...

Rexus casts an acid splash. The acid creates a large sizzling spot on the same lemure taht K'tak struck. It's now looking bloodied but still stands.

Spoiler: Initiative queue
    Show

14 Copper
    8 Andvari

Round 4
    21 Hep
    19 Devils
    15 K'tak
    5 Orion
    4 Rexus

3. - Top - End - #273
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hep Rigley
    Human Extortionist, Bard
    AC: 13 HP: 10/10 HD: 1/1d8 BI: 2/3d6
    PPrc: 9 PInv: 13 PIns: 9
    Conditions: - Disguise: - (PDec: 15)
    Concentration: -

With the wailing of the passed lemure snuffed from his mind, Hep foregoes his hold on the blood magic and turn his attention to the one whittled away by K'tak and Rexus. Letting his malice get the better of him, he fills his voice with vicious laughter to cut down the fiend. "Acid burns! and a misshapen arm! - hideous! and yet, a marked improvement over your past life!!"

Spoiler: OOC: Mechanics / Thought Process
    Show
    Action: Spellcasting(vicious mockery): targeting the lemure attacked by K'tak and Rexus (WIS DC 13 else (1d4)[3] psychic damage and Disadvantage on the next saving throw)
    Bonus Action: -
    K'tak still has Bardic Inspiration (99/100 rounds remaining)

Game theory is fun. Gang up on single targets, whittle away the numbers, good times had by all.

Spoiler: Actor's Repertoire
    Show
    Voices that Hep can mimic using the Actor feat:
    Ally PC's: K'tak, Copper, Andvari, Caelin
    Ally NPC's: Rexus Victocora
    Enemies: Barzillai Torkrest
    Randos: wiry ratfolk urchin, skeevy ratfolk merchant

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm advancing the fight again.

Copper strikes at the lemure that's been hounding her... The strike hits a weak spot and crushes the lemure into a puddle with one blow.

Andvari casts firebolt once more. He also hits and the fire burns the last lemure's chest and the wound is quite large.

Hep mocks the lemure, and the devil seems to be immune to the taunt... but then it gets a look on it's face like it's realizing the meaning of a word. ...For a moment it seems... proud. And then it says Huh?
    And it's head starts melting.

The floor is covered in vaguely meat-coloured goop that's slowly gliding toward the cesspool. You can see that the meatpond has layers. The remnants of the creatures don't mix but remain separate globs as they slide.

At the north end of this room there's a ruined door that's hanging from one hinge. Rexus says
    I think we're almost there. And starts wading through the meat jelly toward the north.

The eerie sound of pipe music starts up again...

5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground

Andvari Stoneweller
    Mountain Dwarf, Artificer 1
    AC: 16 (Scale Mail) | HP: 10/10 | HD: 1/1d8 | Speed: 25
    Passive Perception 9 | Initiative: +2 | Stealth: Disadvantage (Scale Mail)
    Spell Slots: 1st 2/2
    Magical Tinkering: Ring, 5 ft of light (Andvari) : Stone, 6 seconds of audio "Hey, over here!" (Andvari)
    *** 10 minutes of Detect Magic ritual ***

Andvari pants, the combat over. "I'm not sure we've killed them for good. It takes some time but they'll form up again eventually. It's probably best we press on, does anyone need healing?"

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hep Rigley
    Human Extortionist, Bard
    AC: 13 HP: 10/10 HD: 1/1d8 BI: 2/3d6
    PPrc: 9 PInv: 13 PIns: 9
    Conditions: - Disguise: - (PDec: 15)
    Concentration: -

Hep acknowledges the offer for healing with a polite, "No, Andvari, I'm quite alright, thank you...," not turning away from the sight of Rexus wading through the rank sludge of the cesspit. "Er... Rexus..." he stammers, doing his best not to gag at the sight, "when you say 'almost there', do you mean to... hrrk..." Losing his wit and wits, Hep only manages to turn away with a retch, bracing himself against a wall to speak with a breathless tone. "I've seen decomposition before but this... this is just foul... How in Nine Hells are you wading through that?"

Spoiler: Actor's Repertoire
    Show
    Voices that Hep can mimic using the Actor feat:
    Ally PC's: K'tak, Copper, Andvari, Caelin
    Ally NPC's: Rexus Victocora
    Enemies: Barzillai Torkrest
    Randos: wiry ratfolk urchin, skeevy ratfolk merchant

7. - Top - End - #277
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Orion
    V. Human (Aberrant) Sorcerer 1
    AC: 12 | HP: 2/8 | HD: 1d6
    Initiative: +2 | P. Perception: 13 | P. Investigation: 10
    Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Sorcery Points: 2/2
    Active Effects: None
    Conditions: None

Orion brightens at Andvari's question and does a small wave in his direction. "Yes, I could use some healing, please. My eye is still burning from when that demon-thing hit me. I'm worried it is infected with whenever those things were made of." As he walks toward Andvari, he looks around for any way to proceed the same direction as Rexus without having to go through the sludge. He worries that his boots will be unusable after that, and they are the only pair he owns...

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Rexus says to Hep
    Unless we win against Barzillai Torkrest, I and my parents could become those things. I can't let that happen. GIves one motivation. As long as you're here, the devils might seize your soul too, just on grounds of 'finders keepers'. They're just the kind of bumnuggets to do that.

Anvari reminisces on the concept of infected devil wounds...
    Hellish infections wouldn't cause breakdown of body structure. A very very small devil getting into your bloodstream might cause excruciating pain though, to ... put you in your place. On the other hand those devils could just carry some ordinary disease from the cesspool they rose from...

Rexus opens the northern door, which separates from it's last hinge and drops down.
    Beyond, there's a space which used to be a series of small rooms. The separating walls have collapsed some time ago. Loose plaster and stone rubble clutter the floor. Random broken pieces of furniture decorate the debris. Here a broke cupboard, there a kitchen table with half it's legs gone. It's a relatively large area, maybe 60' x 80'.

And at the end of this area... nothing but stone walls.
    This must be the actual hideout. Sad to see it in such disrepair. This might take hours to go through...
    He waves his hand at the area pointing at various piles of clutter.

Show
    Anyone wishing to help here, please roll your perceptions AND investigations. If you wanna do something else, go ahead :)

9. - Top - End - #279
    Bugbear in the Playground

Andvari Stoneweller
    Mountain Dwarf, Artificer 1
    AC: 16 (Scale Mail) | HP: 10/10 | HD: 1/1d8 | Speed: 25
    Passive Perception 9 | Initiative: +2 | Stealth: Disadvantage (Scale Mail)
    Spell Slots: 1st 1/2
    Magical Tinkering: Ring, 5 ft of light (Andvari) : Stone, 6 seconds of audio "Hey, over here!" (Andvari)
    *** 10 minutes of Detect Magic ritual ***

Andvari pulls out some bandages and begins to patch Orion up. "We'll have to keep an eye on your wounds, this isn't the most... sanitary place." If he's not busy with anything else, Andvari helps with the search.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Not sure how much time I have, but in case I don't have time for all of them, my preference is doing them top to bottom. Doing a Medicine check to see if there's anything different about the wounds Orion received. I'll do the same for anyone else who was injured, let me know if I should make additional Medicine rolls.

And, of course, if I have to choose between Investigation and Perception I'd rather Investigate.

Cure Wounds - Orion: (1d8+2)[5]
    Medicine - Orion: (1d20+1)[15]
    Investigation: (1d20+4)[8]
    Perception: (1d20-1)[4]

10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

K'tak
    Lizardfolk Barbarian
    AC: 15 | Current HP: 14 | Max HP: 14 | Hit Die: 1d12
    Initiative: +0 | Pperception: 15
    Condition(s):Bardic inspiration (1d6)
    Active effect(s): Rage

Sneering once more at the sight of something even her stomach probably wouldn't sit well with, K'tak givers her axe a few flicks to get the worse of the blood off before looking over to the others and listening. "Seems a terrible fate," she adds in to Rexus's comment about the potential fate of her family. She follows after, taking slow and steady strides across the remain strewn passage. "And what is it we hope to find here?" she asks while already beginning her search.

Spoiler: OOC check rolls:
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+5)[23]
    Investigation (1d20-1)[7]
    Probably going to go ahead and burn the inspiration die to add to Investigation: (1d6)[2] So a 9 total on investigation.
    Last edited by Zalphier; 2021-03-29 at 10:23 AM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Orion
    V. Human (Aberrant) Sorcerer 1
    AC: 12 | HP: 2/8 | HD: 1d6
    Initiative: +2 | P. Perception: 13 | P. Investigation: 10
    Spells: 1st: 1/2 | Sorcery Points: 2/2
    Active Effects: None
    Conditions: None

Orion is stoic through Andvari's ministrations. "Thank you," he tells Andvari. "I owe you for this." He then resignedly gets through the slime and joins the others looking for anything of Rexus's lost secret society.

Show
    Perception check: (1d20+3)[19] Investigation check: (1d20+0)[17]. If there is not enough light, Orion cats dancing lights, and sends two lights into the corners of the room.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

Copper helps the others search the debris.