New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Hell's rebels - In Hell's bright shadow [ dnd 5e IC ]

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post
    "Andvari you old bastard," Caelin chuckled to himself, "thought you were with the Jills, those bitches are still pissed at me for ...," he voice trailed off, and he gave the dwarf a knowing smile, "ahhhh, ya almost got me ta spill tha' goods. Doin' well, doin' well, you know, much as one can durin' times like these. Still food on the table, and scraps for me ol' pooch." He nodded towards Copper, "Me and Copper here were 'bout to go take some shade 'neath Hep's tree there, watch the crowd, and avoid what's brewing. Join us?"[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]
    Andvari smiles at Caelin, though he quickly becomes embarrassed at the joke. "Oh, no, nuthin' like that. The Jills, umm, surely..." He stumbles through the words and is relieved at the mention of someone else. "Yes, of course. Pleasure to meet you Copper."

But the meeting was cut short by the proclamation. "Oh Hell. That's... that's not... I can't say his other proclamations were good, but this is something else." Andvari turned to gauge Caelin's reaction, but the man was already walking away, with a purpose in his mind. The old dwarf considered going after him, but he probably wouldn't want the extra attention. Andvari sighed. He could handle himself at least.

Looking around the crown, Andvari saw another familiar face. "Orion? What brings you here?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

If possible, I'd like to use the Help action go give Orion advantage on that check. I figure my City Watch background would help him spot at least the guards better.
    If that's allowed, here's the extra roll for Orion: (1d20+3)[12]
    If I can't, then I guess I would make my own Perception check. My modifier is -1, so the result would be the number above -4.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post
    "PRAISE HOUSE TORKREST!"
    Briefly, a silence overtakes the crowd as the group nearest the meeting tree listen to the shout. A look of disgust creeps across Hep's face as he turns his head slowly to the sound of the outburst. Immediately spotting the man who'd made it, disgust morphs into confusion.

I know that man. Caelin. Runs with a group of cutthroats. The words "humorless clod" spring to mind, as do " absolutely loathes Barzillai"... so... what in the Nine Hells did he do that for?!

Hep keeps his head low, hoping another jibe will keep the crowd loose and not totally aggressive. If it comes to a fight, let them start it... but let's have fun doing it!

In response to Caelin's shout, taking on the voice of the ratfolk merchant:

"OI! BARZILLAI! I FOUND YOU ANOTHER DOG!!" Pausing for a reaction, Hep continues. "NOW WHERE'S MY TWO SILVER?!?"

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    I relinquish my previously stated Reaction: vicious mockery.

Spoiler: Actor's Repertoire
    Show
    Voices that Hep can mimic using the Actor feat:
    Ally PC's: K'tak, Copper (presumably)
    Ally NPC's: -
    Enemies:
    Randos: wiry ratfolk urchin, skeevy ratfolk merchant, Barzillai Torkrest
    Last edited by StoneSeraph; 2021-02-14 at 05:08 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

A dried up turd flies in the air and smacks against the wall just above Barzillai. The caudillo flinches and spills his wine.
    Now he shrieks
    Enough of this! Nox, run them off, arrest them or kill them. I don't care which!
    and he retreats from the window.

Down below, Nox shouts a few words and the dottari guards draw their weapons. At the same time, a number of the men and women in the 'sweet' group pull back their cloaks and put on orange-red armbands. Then they ready their truncheons and yell
    Solid!

Spoiler: Initiative queue and other stuff
    Show

I rolled some initiatives for you. The scene gives initiative bonuses for certain actions. Orion, K'tak and Andvari got some of that, unfortunately the rolls kind of didn't really go with that.

The Rocksolid citizens are showing aggression toward Orion and Hep in particular, less against K'tak and Copper. Initially they're not moving against Caelin or Andvari.

The person with the black glove is at the eastern edge of the park, hanging back. Caelin is at the eastern edge of the crowd. K'tak is at the western edge. All the rest are near the middle. Because of their actions so far the crowd gives way to Hep, Orion and Copper. For others the crowd counts as difficult terrain.

Round 1
    18 Caelin
    17 Copper
    16 K'tak
    14 Dottari Guards
    12 The crowd, including the Sweets
    11 Orion
    8 Andvari
    7 Hep

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

K'tak
    Lizardfolk Barbarian
    AC: 15 | Current HP: 14 | Max HP: 14 | Hit Die: 1d12
    Initiative: +0 | Pperception: 15
    Condition(s):
    Active effect(s):

K'tak had been enjoying her snack as much as she could, though there was always some dislike for how the smooth skins always overcooked the meat. She'd also been enjoying her companion's song and dance as the crowd got riled up with him. Even Nox's reaction had the Lizardfolk almost chuckling as it likely wasn't the first time she'd seen a woman make similar gestures to the bard before. Barzillia's entrance however sapped the grin off her face as her eyes narrowed on the figure. K'tak listened to the seemingly mocking tone and proclamation and the unrest it seemed to be causing among the villagers.

She didn't understand the point of the proclamation or the frustration at it though, but she didn't have time to ponder over it for now and the music man could explain it more later. Then she heard Hep's voice ring out among others as the tension almost visibly rose. K'tak didn't even see the turd as she was already starting to try and make her way towards Hep, but she did notice when the crowd got much harder to navigate and more weapons started to be brought out. K'tak briefly considers pulling out her own axe, but she still wasn't sure if this was the right time, so instead she pushed her way forward with a redoubled effort to get by Hep's side. "This is getting bad music man. Either the fight needs to start or we need to start going, before the guard cut off all exits but the waters," K'tak hisses at him, her eyes are still narrowed while the frills and spines jut out threateningly. She'd seen such a tactic before, it was common enough when hunting to trap prey between one's weapons and a hazard.

Spoiler: OOC actions:
    Show
    K'tak's taking a dash action to try and work her way over to Hep or at least close enough that she won't have to yell.
    If anyone outright tries to bar her path, she'll attempt an intimidation, but not otherwise: (1d20+4)[18]
    Last edited by Zalphier; 2021-02-15 at 01:12 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

K'tak reaches Hep. She can avoid the more aggressive elements of the crowd so far.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Copper was about to decide to try and use her authority in the church to ask some in the crowd to try to distract the dottari, but she didn't want anybody else getting hurt. Instead, she casts the cantrip Toll the Dead at one of the leaders of the "Rock Solid Citizens" group, given they are too far gone at this point if they still think Barzillai is good.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Forgot to roll
    Show
    (1d8)[3]
    You point at one creature you can see within range, and the sound of a dolorous bell fills the air around it for a moment. The target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or take 1d8 necrotic damage. If the target is missing any of its hit points, it instead takes 1d12 necrotic damage.

At Higher Levels. The spell’s damage increases by one die when you reach 5th level (2d8 or 2d12), 11th level (3d8 or 3d12), and 17th level (4d8 or 4d12).

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Armor Class: 20
    Show
    I have 16 AC from chain mail, +1 AC from being a warforged/wraithguard, +2 AC from my shield (which has my holy symbol on it), and I used my channel divinity this morning to make my Armor magical, so it grants 17 AC instead of 16 AC.

By my calculations, that's 20 AC

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hep Rigley
    Human Extortionist, Bard
    AC: 13 HP: 10/10 HD: 1/1d8 BI: 3/3d6
    PPrc: 9 PInv: 13 PIns: 9
    Conditions: - Disguise: - (PDec: 15)
    Concentration: -

A dark, red anger clouds Hep's judgment as he assesses the situation. Ghoulish bastard!! Callous wretch! Him and his dogs, conscripted and citizen alike!! We can overrun them-- we have numbers-- we can--

K'tak, with her reason, shreds through the blinding zeal as if it were paper. Eyes open, the situation is made clear. There is no leader, only a mob. Those against that mob are organized twice over and better armed for a fight. The turd-thrower sparked a fire, but that doesn't make burning the fields with a kill order right, by any means... The Dog wants to quench that fire with blood... and as of now, those few of us who... little to be done... bad decisions all around... A right hand, white-knuckled about the hilt of a sword, slackens its grip as dejection floods the man's thoughts.

"You're right, of course..." the actor admits, looking K'tak in the eyes, the rage in his own all but gone. Finding power in his voice again, he speaks to embolden his companion. "Lady of the Sands, your judgment rings true. We must find Copper. We shall guard and guide each other home..." The man turns his head to face the guards, narrows his gaze on the one called Nox, then briefly steps away from the lizardfolk, his anger rejuvenated at the sight of the tyrants. "Forgive me. One moment..."

At the top of his voice, Hep shouts over the din of the crowd, looking Nox square in the eyes, magic woven through his words, "SHOULDN'T A BITCH IN HEAT SERVE HER MASTER A DIFFERENT WAY?!"

Straightening his hood and clearing his throat with a wry smile, he returns to K'tak. "Now we can go."

"I'll follow you into the dark."

Spoiler: Mechanics; K'tak
    Show

Action: vicious mockery (Nox; if in range): WIS DC 13; else (1d4)[3] psychic damage and Disadvantage on the next attack roll on her turn.

Bonus Action: Bardic Inspiration (K'tak): K'tak is granted 1d6; Rules: "Once within the next 10 minutes, the creature can roll the die and add the number rolled to one ability check, Attack roll, or saving throw it makes. The creature can wait until after it rolls The D20 before deciding to use the Bardic Inspiration die, but must decide before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once the Bardic Inspiration die is rolled, it is lost. A creature can have only one Bardic Inspiration die at a time." The expended die will be listed in my stat block at the beginning of my next turn.

Move: If movement is allowed to be readied in this instance, I'll follow K'tak on her next turn out of the crowd; else I'll move on the next turn.

Show
    Ally PC's: K'tak, Copper
    Enemies: Barzillai Torkrest
    Randos: wiry ratfolk urchin, skeevy ratfolk merchant

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Caelin Valaerys, Kintargo Cut Throat
    AC: 14 | MAX HP: 10 | CURRENT: 10 | HIT DIE: 1d8 | CURRENT: 1d8
    INITIATIVE: +3 | PASSIVE PERCEPTION: 16 | PASSIVE INSIGHT: 12
    Active Effects: None.
    Conditions: None.

Seeing the entire scene devolve into chaos, Caelin acted, the pro-Torkrest group of civilians he had allied with intersecting a column of dottari guards. He moved into position behind the rearmost dottari, he reached his left hand up, around the guards soldier and drew his broad bladed knife, casually, across the man's throat. He then spun to his left in a single fluid motion, raising his hand cross bow from where it was secured beneath his cloak, to send a bolt firing into the midsection of the next dottari guard.

In a slow turn, he moved toward the crowd, attempting to lose himself in the crowd, before the column noted the attack on their rearmost guards.

Spoiler: Out of Character Actions
    Show
    OOC: Attack Action to attack a dottari guard at the rear of the column, with advantage if the guard isn't expecting the attack from a pro-Torkrest crowd member, if not we'll take the first roll. (2d20)[1][15](16)+5= ; for (1d6+3)[8] if successful. If the guard isn't dead, I will bonus action attack with my Handcrossbow (Crossbow expert), with advantage if applicable, (2d20)[19][16](35)+5= ; for (1d6+3)[8] damage. The 1st successful attack will deal an additional (1d6)[4] sneak attack damage. If the initial attack does kill the first guard, the crossbow shot will be into the next guard.

Move action to slip into the crowd, which may draw an Attack of Opportunity from the 1st guard if he isn't dead.

Results:
    1st Attack (Dottari #1): 6, 20 if advantage applies.
    Damage: 8, or 12, if sneak attack applies.
    2nd Attack (Dottari #1 (if still alive) or Dottari #2): 24
    Damage: 8, or 12 if sneak attack not applied with 1st attack.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2021-02-15 at 09:35 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Caelin cuts the throat of one of the guards who falls down dead. A crossbow bolt into another guard doesn't quite kill them.
    Show
    Now I feel I need to remind you of something. This crowd is almost completely made of people dwarvensize or smaller. A human literally sticks out. So I interpret your choice to lose yourself in the crowd in the way that I see possible. Because diving straight into the protest crowd would land you straight in the middle of the rocksolid citizens group and surrounded by enemies.

Caelin slips back away from the line of guards and toward the crowd of people who were never part of the protest, but watched it from the side. Here Caelin notices that the blackgloved person is actually frantically waving at him to come closer.

Copper casts toll the dead on one of the Rocksolid dwarves. The dwarf becomes pale and a bit frightened.

Someone in the crowd throws a dagger into Nox's throat. The throw hits with amazing force and accuracy. Andvari notices a hooded ratfolk slip deeper into the crowd.

Nox snarls and draws the knife out. Hep sees her throat immediately start regenerating from the strike. She opens the opera door and slips inside.

Two dottari guards, the wounded one and another turn toward Caelin. They dash to Caelin's side surrounding him on both sides, threatening him with their warhammers.

The other guards behave more passively at start.

Two individuals of the Rocksolid citizens approach Orion. They try to attack him with their truncheons but both fail miserably.

Two individuals of the Rocksolid citizens approach Hep. One of them manages to swat at him with their truncheon but it's a glancing blow causing a mere 3 damage.

One individual of the Rocksolid citizens approaches Copper. Despite the extremely well armoured inquisitor having few soft spots they get a lucky hit that causes 7 damage.

In all parts of the protest area the anarchists are fighting against the rocksolid citizens while many in the crowd are doing their best to disperse.

Spoiler: Initiative queue
    Show

Given that there's enemies in close contact with Hep, if you want to change your action plan that's fine. You can disengage and lead K'tak away if you prefer that to a spell attack.

Caelin is just to the east of the map edge. All the others are more or less near the middle of the map. Andvari isn't attacked or surrounded by anyone hostile. K'tak and Hep have two hostiles next to them, Copper 1 and Orion 2. And Caelin of course 2.

11 Orion
    8 Andvari
    7 Hep

Round 2
    18 Caelin
    17 Copper
    16 K'tak
    14 Dottari Guards

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hep Rigley
    Human Extortionist, Bard
    AC: 13 HP: 7/10 HD: 1/1d8 BI: 2/3d6

Spoiler: Quick change of plan: Mechanics
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilex View Post
    Given that there's enemies in close contact with Hep, if you want to change your action plan that's fine. You can disengage and lead K'tak away if you prefer that to a spell attack.
    Much appreciated, DM. In that case, and since Nox left the fight before my spot in the order, I'll use my Action to Disengage and draw a dagger instead of casting vicious mockery.... though Hep will still throw the same insult at the cretin who tagged him.

Hep pushes through the crowd to help guide K'tak through, looking for Copper above the sea of ratfolk. As the crowd allows him passage, he tries to usher those who cannot fight away from the fray while encouraging those who came prepared - the "tasty ones" - to keep others safe instead of engaging directly. Though it's only a few words of shouting at a time, he hopes it's enough.

"For those about to rock / we salute you."

Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Orion
    V. Human (Aberrant) Sorcerer 1
    AC: 12 | HP: 8/8 | HD: 1d6
    Initiative: +2 | P. Perception: 13 | P. Investigation: 10
    Active Effects: None
    Conditions: None

Orion quickly makes eye contact with one of the dwarves attacking him, establishing a telepathic link. He then warily backs away from the two dwarves, and says over his link the one "That was a mistake, dwarf! Now I am inside your mind." Smirking, Orion disengages for now and tries to weave through the press, putting as much of the crowd as possible between himself and any more of these deluded, armband-wearing rocksolid citizens.

Show
    In case it wasn't clear, Orion is disengaging and moving away from any pockets of combat as much as he is able. Hopefully the crowd is still letting him through. First, though, he used a bonus action to establish his telpathic speech ability.
    Last edited by Continental Op; 2021-02-15 at 01:52 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Andvari Stoneweller
    Mountain Dwarf, Artificer 1
    AC: 16 (Scale Mail) | HP: 10/10 | HD: 1/1d8 | Speed: 25
    Passive Perception 9 | Initiative: +2 | Stealth: Disadvantage (Scale Mail)
    Spell Slots: 1st 2/2
    Magical Tinkering: Ring, 5 ft of light (Andvari) : Ring, 5 ft of light (Andvari)

Everything happens quickly, and Andvari cannot tell just who started this mess. But there was little he could do in this commotion, no words would stop what was going on.

As the woman, Nox, was hit, Andvari was barely able to notice the ratfolk blending in, but he did what he could to remember the person's features.

A quick scan of the crowd told him that both of his friends (Orion and Caelin) were in trouble. Even if Caelin may have initiated on his side. For now, Andvari would simply run to keep up, following Orion to the east.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Using my Action to make a Perception check on the ratfolk to pick up any details. If that doesn't count as my action, I'll Dash instead.
    Perception: (1d20-1)[7]
    Move 12.5 feet (half speed) to the east toward Orion and/or Caelin. If the Perception check does not count as my action, that will double to 25 feet.
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2021-02-15 at 04:55 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Combat stats
    Show

All Spells Available. (2/2 lvl1 spell slots)
    Cantrips: Spare the Dying, Light, Toll the Dead
    Always prepared spells: Identify, Searing Strike
    Immunities: Disease, hunger, sleep, thirst, suffocation
    Proficient Saves: Charisma and Wisdom
    Special: Advantage on saves vs poison
    Damage resistance: Poison Damage
    Prepared Spells (15 wis=2+lvl spells): Shield of Faith, Bless, Cure Light Wounds
    HP: 4/11

Copper doesn't feel pain in the way she did when she was mortal, but she immediately senses the attack and instinctively jerks away. She uses one of the quickest spells she knows to defend herself against her attacker: Searing Smite.

Show
    Cast Searing Smite as Bonus Action: (1d6)[5]
    Attack with Heavy Mace (one handed, as I have a shield in the other hand): (1d6)[2]

Attack Roll (16 str, +2 proficiency) : (1d20+5)[21]

Move Action to move away from attacker.

Spoiler: Searing Smite
    Show
    The next time you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack during the spell's duration, your weapon flares with white-hot intensity, and the attack deals an extra 1d6 fire damage to the target and causes the target to ignite in flames. At the start of each of its turns until the spell ends, the target must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, it takes 1d6 fire damage. On a successful save, the spell ends. If the target or a creature within 5 feet of it uses an action to put out the flames, or if some other effect douses the flames (such as the target being submerged in water), the spell ends.
    At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the initial extra damage dealt by the attack increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st.

https://5e.tools/spells/searing-smite-phb.html

"Stand down," Copper commands.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

As Caelin juked around the citizens, two dottari pursued, to his credit, one of them kept pace despite the injury that Caelin had inflicted. The respect, however, was fleeting. He spun, using his pursuers momentum against them, ramming his broad bladed knife towards the uninjured guardsmen's chest, he then spun, his hand moving quickly to load and fire the hand crossbow at the injured one who was sliding to a stop.

Then spinning, he retrieved the short sword from where it had stabbed the dottari guard and fled towards where his companions, and the armed Umami had gathered.

Spoiler: Out of Character Action
    Show
    OOC: Doesn't look like any Advantage or Sneak attack this round, so with my Attack action I will attack the uninjured dottari guard with my short sword, (1d20+5)[22], for (1d6+3)[4] damage. The attack will trigger Crossbow Expert, allowing me to shoot the injured one with my hand crossbow, as a Bonus Action, (1d20+5)[22], for (1d6+3)[4].

I will then move towards my companions, likely drawing an AoO from the dottari (though I am assuming the injured one is dead, but I could be wrong.)
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2021-02-15 at 11:27 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

K'tak
    Lizardfolk Barbarian
    AC: 15 | Current HP: 14 | Max HP: 14 | Hit Die: 1d12
    Condition(s):
    Active effect(s):

K'tak hissed harshly at the offender who'd struck Hep with the truncheon, and moved in quickly for a fast bite on the offender.
    Spoiler: OOC attack:
    Show
    Using hungry jaws for a bonus action bite attack on the Rocksolid that hit Hep.
    (1d20+3)[10] and maybe taking a piece with her to munch on if the hit's good enough.

Her threat made, K'tak would then back off and follow along after Hep, trying to stick close to him so the crowd couldn't separate them. As she went, her own large axe was slid off her back and came to rest in her claws. "The fight looks ready to start, are we still leaving? Or are we making sure others get to leave?" K'tak asked as she eyed one of the exits that unarmed protestors had already started to flee towards the could easily be blocked off by a couple guards.
    Spoiler: Additional OOC actions:
    Show
    Whether the bite works or not, K'tak is disengaging and following along with Hep while drawing her greataxe.
    Last edited by Zalphier; 2021-02-16 at 12:47 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Orion establishes mental contact with the dwarf and disengages toward southeast. The crowd lets him go past and closes behind him. A couple of larger ratfolk are about to grapple the dwarves. You've heard that wrestling is quite popular with the ratfolk and these guys look like the type to be quite good at it.

The dwarf Orion contacted winces and looks around for a possible alternative source of the voice, but he doesn't responds to the voice. Then he's sort of lost in the crowd as Orion distances himself. The link still remains though. Orion is now at the southeastern edge of the crowd.

Andvari tries to get a look at the pa'aash with the good aim but the thrower is gone before Andvari gets a good look. Hopefully that means the guards missed him or her too. The crowd is kind of in the way and Andvari's progress is slow. The dwarves avoid hitting him and while some of the ratfolk are seemingly angry at the mere sight of him, nobody threatens him. Andvari's movement is slow but he gets to a point on the map that's about two thirds from the western edge of the crowd and one third of the eastern edge.

Hep tries to dodge away from the attackers and toward Copper. Copper and K'tak strike at the rocksolid brawlers, though only Copper hits. The strike leaves the dwarf bloodied. When Copper moves away, the dwarf tries to strike him as a reaction but this time the well-armored body does its job. Copper notices a ratfolk member of the crowd conk the dwarf on the head afterwards, making the dwarf drop, stunned, unconscious.
    The dwarf K'tak tries to bite takes revenge and whacks K'tak as a reaction when he's moving away. 5 bludgeoning damage.
    Show
    You're moving as a group and the crowd gives way to you but fighting slows you down so there's no dash movement. You also were moving simply away from the attackers, which would mean somewhat to the south. You end up very much in the same area where Andvari is. You four are now basically next to each other.

Caelin stabs another guard and shoots the already injured one to death. The stabbed guard tries to strike Caelin as a reaction, but misses. Caelin closes in with Orion and the two are now at the southeastern edge of the crowd, about 20 feet from the rest of the group.

Most of the guards aren't doing anything except waiting things out. The guard that Caelin stabbed though is yelling for help and four of the dottari go to see their wounded and dead comrades.

Meanwhile the crowd is now full of fighting between the umami and the sweet. Burly ratfolk, many of whom you recognize as being of the stormrat subrace melee with the rocksolid dwarves. It's not a fair fight. The dwarves' superior fighting spirit, experience and better equipment is obvious. The ratfolk are putting up good resistance though.

Many ratfolk are doing their best to leave the park.

The blackgloved dwarf is being approached by five rocksolid dwarves. They are pointing at Caelin and the dead guard. Blackglove casts color spray on the brawlers and starts to run away. Caelin recognizes the alley he's chosen as a dead-end.

Show

There's no assailants in melee range with any of you. Orion and Caelin are at the southeastern edge of the crowd, just 5 feet from the edge of the gathered protester crowd.

The rest are about 25 to 30 feet further west. If you move in unison, both groups have a member which the crowd respects and gives way to.

At the north edge, particularly the northeastern edge of the crowd there's a substantial number of combatants if you wish to engage. If you wish to make your way toward mr Blackglove, there's five rocksolid dwarves between you and the path he went to, at a distance of about 30 feet from Orion and Caelin.

11 Orion
    8 Andvari
    7 Hep

Round 3
    18 Caelin
    17 Copper
    16 K'tak
    14 Dottari Guards

19. - Top - End - #49

SamuraiGuy

Orion

Looking around, Orion is surprised to see Caelin near him. "Caelin! What are you doing here? Nevermind - we need to help these people before the dwarves slaughter them all!" Orion follows Caelin's gaze to the five rocksolid dwarves near the alley. "Yes, that is perfect." Since they are clumped together away from the crowd, Orion sees an opportunity to lower the odds. He focuses his mind on the crystal in his hand, makes the proper arcane gestures, and extends the enchanting force of his magic towards the five dwarves. "Sleeeeeeeep. Now." Orion then prepares to move with Caelin. "Where do you think we can best help, Caelin? I'll follow your lead."

Show
    If the dwarves are 30' away from Cealin and Orion, they should be 25' away from the crowd, so Orion aims the center of his Sleep spell to (hopefully) not catch anyone else. No save, and it effects (5d8)[29] HP, lowest dwarves first. Orion is also prepared to spend a sorcery point to Empower the spell if he needs to, if that is even allowed. The book says Empower works on "damage dice." Sleep does not cause damage, but the roll for HP seems to work the same way, so up to you.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hep Rigley
    Human Extortionist, Bard

Seeing Copper and one of the ratfolk dispatch a Rocksolid member, K'tak's words fill Hep with hope. "Well struck, Copper! With help, we can take them down, at least a few of them - the ratfolk are fighting hard!!"

Raising his voice to its maximum, Hep shouts above the fighting. "Kintargo!! If you cannot fight, flee, so you can fight another day! For those who can fight..." Hep pricks the tip of his finger with his dagger, drawing a drop of blood that evaporates into magical aether as he screams to the three nearest Rocksolid, "CURSE THEM! CRUSH THEM! BREAK THEIR BONES AND BLAST THEM INTO DUST!"

Lowering his volume, Hep stows his blade before patting his lizardfolk friend on the back, hoping his earlier words inspired her. "I'll help the crowd escape, but I have your back! Lady, If you are hungry... then, please, EAT..."

"Test your might. / Test your might."

Show
    Move(1/2): towards the Rocksolid until I am within 30 feet of 3 of them (should not be far)

Action: Spell: bane: targeting the nearest three Rocksolid members within 30 feet (specifically, those tangling with K'tak and myself): CHA DC 13 else -1d4 on all attack rolls or saving throws before the spell ends (Concentration: 1 minute (10/10 rounds remaining))
    Spell slot burned on Character Sheet; will apply Concentration to IG stat block at next post.

Move(2/2): until I am 20 feet away from the nearest Rocksolid

Bonus: None. K'tak still has 1d6 Inspiration Die (99/100 rounds remaining).

Show

21. - Top - End - #51

Andvari Stoneweller
    Mountain Dwarf, Artificer 1
    AC: 16 (Scale Mail) | HP: 10/10 | HD: 1/1d8 | Speed: 25
    Passive Perception 9 | Initiative: +2 | Stealth: Disadvantage (Scale Mail)
    Spell Slots: 1st 1/2
    Magical Tinkering: Ring, 5 ft of light (Andvari) : Ring, 5 ft of light (Andvari)

Andvari finds himself near an odd group - a Lizardfolk and human who seem to be having a conversation and the Warforged that Caelin introduced him to earlier. Copper was her name? He looks at the still flaming sword and can only assume that a guard was on the other end of it. Andvari hesitates, but if a guard was going to support Tarkest after all of this.

"Here, give me a moment and this will feel better..." Andvari pulls out his smith's tools and begins to repair her armor (or more accurately, body), assuming she lets him.

"We should keep an eye out for Caelin, he seemed to be focused on something earlier. I can't assume the boy would have the sense to leave for safety."

Show

Casting Cure Wounds on Copper (1d8+2)[8]

No move.
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2021-02-16 at 11:03 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Orion casts sleep and three of the five rocksolid dwarves fall asleep.

Andvari cures wounds on Copper.

Hep moves 5 feet north and casts Bane, two dwarves are affected.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

He shot Orion a smile, almost feral in the chaos, then the ashen haired youth, bent over wiping the blood from his broad bladed knife. "This is going to devolve into a riot, and I don't mean to bleed out on these cobble stones," he nodded to the dottari who were looking in his direction, "I pissed them off by killin' their mates 'fore they could bash in the heads of good Kintargo stock such as ourselves, eh?"

He pointed out his contact, "Before we scurry away from the caudillo's little party, we need to get him out of here," seeing that the dwarf retreated towards a dead end alley, Caelin swore. "FOOK! That's a dead end ya blighter," he dropped a fist into his thigh before moving through the crowd towards his contact, "Move! Now."

While moving through the crowds, he hissed over his shoulder towards Orion, "If those dottari come for us, I'll lead them off, and you get the gloved dwarf out of here, ya?"

Show
    OOC: Moving towards our contact, however, at this point I am keeping low, like I am sprinting, trying to lose myself, or at least confuse the dottari as to where I am in the crowd. If the dottari start moving to intercept me and Orion, I'll seperate and distract the guards, leaving Orion to make contact.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Caelin looks at the crowd. He's at the eastern edge of the protesters. To the north, at range of roughly 30 feet there's four assembled guards. 20 to 25 feet to the east are the five rocksolids of whom three just fell asleep.
    Show
    South is the water, more of a pond actually than the river, though the two bodies of water are connected under the streets. North are the guards. The cul-de-sac that Blackglove ran into turns north from the main street that continues east. Caelin could run around the block, and get to the cul-de-sac's other side over a fence if he was fast enough.

Caelin runs out of the protester crowd toward the onlookers gathered in the east. He moves just a east and just a little south to avoid direct contact with the rocksolids... but not too far that he'd lose much when going back north after the next city block.

Show

17 Copper
    16 K'tak
    14 Dottari Guards
    11 Orion
    8 Andvari
    7 Hep

Round 4
    18 Caelin

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Caelin recalled the layout of this quarter, a plan began to formulate in his head, he whispered to Orion, "I'll meet you wharfside, make sure the rest don't get too caught up in the riot. Meet me wharfside later tonight," then spinning he fired over the crowd of ratfolk and dwarves, straight at the dottari. "C'mon you blighters! That tha' best you got?!?" He snapped off a second shot as he took off down the east-west road, circling around towards the rear of the cul-de-sac, drawing off the guards, leading them away from the riot and the main square.

Show
    OOC: As discussed in the OOC Thread, I will lead the dottari on a chase through the alleys using my head start, stealth, and the fact they are likely to be cautious due to me having gutted two of them already. Once I get close to the alley opposite the cul-de-sac I will lose them, then scale the wall towards our contact (if he hasn't left with Orion at that point) Then I will make my way to a meeting point on wharfside taking my time and making sure I am not followed.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

K'tak
    Lizardfolk Barbarian
    AC: 15 | Current HP: 9 | Max HP: 14 | Hit Die: 1d12
    Condition(s):
    Active effect(s): Rage

K'tak grinned maliciously as she was given free reign to start attacking, and there was a certain dwarf who'd so recently earned her ire thanks to the bruise forming on her hip. Turning predatory eyes towards the Rocksolid that'd hit her, K'tak let out a feral sounding hiss before she taking out and throwing a javelin at them. Then taking her battle axe back in her hands, she starts to advance towards them, but she's mindful to not get too far from Hep and the others. There were still many to their few and she did not want to get separated and surrounded.

Spoiler: OOC Actions:
    Show
    - Entering Barbarian rage
    Attack against dwarf that hit her: (1d20+3)[11]
    Dmg: (1d6+3)[6]
    Using Inspiration die in OOC chat to boost total attack roll to 15
    Last edited by Zalphier; 2021-02-18 at 01:13 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Copper protects herself with a Shield of Faith spell, puts her mace back on her side, and tries to find an already-injured guard to cast Toll the Dead on. Meanwhile, she moves alongside the person who healed her to protect them.

Spoiler: AC update: AC 22 for next 10 minutes
    Show
    Shield of Faith stacks with my other armor bonuses so my AC is now 22. Wizards-of-the-Coast say that AC bonuses from spells stack with all other AC bonuses, so long as its not two of the same spell.

Spoiler: HP update
    Show
    I once again have 11/11 HP

Spoiler: Out of lvl 1 spell slots
    Show
    I'm out of lvl 1 spell slots, but my searing strike from earlier is still active if anybody dares engage me in melee.
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2021-02-17 at 12:43 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Copper moves near Orion and casts 'toll the dead' on the guard Caelin stabbed earlier. The guard seems to be effected but doesn't quite die of the spell.

K'tak tosses a javelin into the crowd before the thought of where a missed javelin has time to bother her. Luckily the javelin does barely hit the dwarf that's partially behind the rest of the crowd. How lucky that dwarves are taller than most ratfolk.

Four dottari guards that were looking in Caelin's direction point at Orion and Copper and draw crossbows. The advance about 15 feet and take a shot each. They all miss. They might have all been shooting at Copper or maybe Orion is very lucky.

The rocksolid group to the east starts to wake up the ones that fell asleep. Noboy is chasing after Caelin or running into the cul-de-sac.

Three rocksolid dwarves converge on K'tak, all of them swinging their clubs. But they all miss.

Around the park dwarves and ratfolk keep fighting. Not every dwarf stands with the sweets and not every ratfolk tastes like umami. Anger rules the moment and insults fly as well as bricks.

Meanwhile the majority of the people that started the protest are slowly looking for a way out of the crowd, but people are standing in each other's way. Some are jumping into the pond to swim to the other side.

Most ratfolk who are fighting are on the larger side. They've got a physique about as bulky as the dwarves themselves. You know their subrace as stormrats. They're brave in groups and like to fight.

The rest of the taller crowd are moonclay rats, but they are very few. Usually moonclay rats are a bit withdrawn. Their physiques are more on the lithe side and they stand out easily in comparison to the stormrats.

Most ratfolk are small as halflings. There are some of the small ones fighting as well. Many of them are throwing objects. They seem to have a very good aim in general.

Show

Caelin is separate from the rest of the crew, about 60 feet from Orion and Copper, 35 feet from the rocksolid dwarves and at a distance where he can run north and disappear behind the corner on his round.

Copper and Orion are together about 15 feet from a group of four guards with crossbows and warhammers. The rocksolid group of five is about 10 feet further away. One of them is still sleeping. There are many other rocksolids nearby, but they're engaged in the general melee.

Hep and Andvari are together about 20 feet from Copper and Orion, not engaged, surrounded by the general crowd.

K'tak is alone, surrounded by three rocksolids and a large crowd ing general. He's about 15 feet from Andvari and Hep.

11 Orion
    8 Andvari
    7 Hep

Round 4
    18 Caelin
    17 Copper
    16 K'tak
    14 Dottari Guards

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hep Rigley
    Human Extortionist, Bard
    Concentration: Bane (9/10 rounds remaining)

The Great Lady stands tall above the fray, the Rocksolid nearly surrounding her, Stormrats clamoring about and putting up a great fight... This will make an amazing production, IF we survive!

Seeing each of the Rocksolid fail to strike his friend, Hep jeers loudly over the fighting, locking eyes with one of them. Magic courses through his words as they boom through the air, "PATHETIC!! If you weren't so soft!!" His eyes turn to the barbarian; with the blood magic bright and alive in his mind, his words aim to fuel her outrage. "LADY OF THE DESERT, CRUSH THESE ROCKS INTO SAND AND DUST."

His missives continue: "Stormrats! Fight beside the Lady, as Sand and Storm! Bring the Rocksolid low!! Citizens of Kintargo, if you cannot fight, flee! Do not endanger yourselves here!!"

Hep leans down to his new friend, Andvari, pleased that he healed Copper in short order. The actor issues a quick whisper, "Thanks for taking care of Copper, by the way! Heppen Rigley, at your service!", before rising up again to keep an eye on the battle.

"Sandstorm"... it would be odd to play in the middle of a battle. That and the lute might get damaged!... Shame, too, that tune is classic...

Show
    Move: -
    Action: vicious mockery: targeting one Rocksolid near K'tak: WIS DC 13 else (1d4)[3] psychic damage and Disadvantage on the next attack roll on its turn.
    Bonus Action: Bardic Inspiration: K'tak: 1d6 to be used on one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check within the next 100 rounds.
    BI will be expended in IG stat block at next post.

Bane is still active (-1d4 to attack rolls and saving throws for 2 of the Rocksolid); if any of the Rocksolid that K'tak are fighting are affected by it, good.

Spoiler: OOC: Resources
    Show
    I'm A-OK making sure K'tak has resources to kick ass in the fray, but I'm tempted to reserve to an Inspiration and my remaining 1st-level spell slot in case we get into another scrap before a long rest. If we need to fall back, we fall back.

Show

30. - Top - End - #60

SamuraiGuy

Orion

Orion is surprised by the guards' bolts, and turns to see the guards advancing on him. "Damn." He turns back to the rocksolid group he tried to put to sleep, and sees them waking up each other. "Double damn." Orion quickly stows his crystal as he pulls out his crossbow, and fires at one of the rocksolid dwaves just getting up. Then he glances at the gleaming suit of armor next to him. "I am grateful you seem to be drawing their fire, but I think we should all get out of here."

Orion moves directly away from the guards, starting to run away. He hopes Caelin's contact had time to get away...

Show
    Orion draws and fires his crossbow. To hit: (1d20+4)[5] Damage: (1d8+2)[6]. If the guards are coming from the north, Orion is moving south.