New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order V - Salty Theoretical Phenomenon

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Spoiler: Yep, spoilery talk
    Show
    Indeed, Mash finally got her upgrade, but NP5?! Did she? I just checked and it's still NP3 so...

She deserves her bond upgrade, I long that, in 4 more years at this pace, we'll get her Bond CE and I wish it would be actually useful.

The 6 enemies actually caught me off guard, which is kind of a buff to Arts/Quick looping, but w/e.

Also, we finally get another servant from finishing a story chapter, which it's been way too long since then.
    Spoiler: More spoils
    Show
    Yeah, someone jumped the gun where I get my news.

Also, hints at another new class, an anti-Alter Ego, Strong against Knights and Alter Ego, which is something that's been needed, even if Alter Ego enemies are very rare.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Well, Banner 3 is up, and I got CRAZY lucky. The very first 11 roll I did, third card in, had Bunny King. So I'm pretty pleased. Did another roll or two, as I was interested in the other 2, and got Lambda and Tomoe as a bonus.

So far the event is going well for me, I do like how they are drip feeding missions so you never get too overwhelmed by a huge list of tasks, you only see a few to work on at once. And they are usually tied to the story bit that just unlocked that time gate.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    Well, Banner 3 is up, and I got CRAZY lucky. The very first 11 roll I did, third card in, had Bunny King. So I'm pretty pleased. Did another roll or two, as I was interested in the other 2, and got Lambda and Tomoe as a bonus.

So far the event is going well for me, I do like how they are drip feeding missions so you never get too overwhelmed by a huge list of tasks, you only see a few to work on at once. And they are usually tied to the story bit that just unlocked that time gate.
    I did a single 10-roll and got the legend, the promise, Swimswit Okita, which is what I wanted from the event, so all that's left is to actually farm it.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

Put in 44 rolls, which is most of the rest of my SQ. What I wanted was Okita, with a side of Meltscot. What I got was Okita, which is great! I also pulled bunny girl Ruler... Two cards in a row. I thought it was a visual bug. It was not. I have two copies of her. The Rulers really, really do not want to leave me alone...

Well, I'm going to put her on the list, I guess. She goes right up to the top of the Rulers to Level list, I think. I prefer her to Amakusa, if nothing else. That still leaves her... Fifth, among Extra class Servants on my priority list. Hmm. Gonna be a while. I'll also need to decide whether Okita or Hassan gets priority on Assassin cards. Gameplay-wise it's Hassan all the way, but Shiki's never let me down in the 'I need to delete a Rider boss' category, and Okita is one of my favorite designs of any summer Servant (only MHXX is better, IMO, though CARmilla also happens to be a contender). Tough choice.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I made my quartz sacrifices to the gacha gods, and have been blessed with extreme fortune.

I have acquired Bunnytoria on my first 11-roll, and Okita on my... Fourth? Fifth? Well anyway, I was aiming for Okita, and got a big bonus out of it! And with Merlin acquired last weekend, I have been extremely fortunate during my recent rolls, without even breaking my quartz bank.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

I got Okita in my first roll, and nothing in my second. I might spend tickets on Melt's solo day, otherwise I'm saving for Spishtar now.

Factotum Variants!

7. - Top - End - #337
    Firbolg in the Playground

She looks nice but im all in on Buster Assassins' since i have First Hassan now and Li Shuwen to back him up.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

The Greed Sensor strikes again.

I wanted Lambda. I would have settled for Bunny. I got Okita.

Do I mind Okita? Not entirely. Sure, her HP is low, but she generates stars like crazy, and with her buffs in place she's capable of doing impressive AOE damage on her NP. But... chance to self-stun after using NP? I thought that noise got phased out awhile back. Jeanne no longer does it, and Cat has a way to become immune to her self-stun. So this... feels needlessly punitive.

I can't think of many times I'd want an AoE Assassin, as opposed to an ST Assassin (and Jack has me covered for that), and not simply bring Lip instead. So, while I'm not angry to finally have an Okita, she's going to be taking up space on my bench.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

9. - Top - End - #339

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    The Greed Sensor strikes again.

I wanted Lambda. I would have settled for Bunny. I got Okita.

Do I mind Okita? Not entirely. Sure, her HP is low, but she generates stars like crazy, and with her buffs in place she's capable of doing impressive AOE damage on her NP. But... chance to self-stun after using NP? I thought that noise got phased out awhile back. Jeanne no longer does it, and Cat has a way to become immune to her self-stun. So this... feels needlessly punitive.

I can't think of many times I'd want an AoE Assassin, as opposed to an ST Assassin (and Jack has me covered for that), and not simply bring Lip instead. So, while I'm not angry to finally have an Okita, she's going to be taking up space on my bench.
    Yeah, I have NP1 Okita Jet, and shes competing with NP3 Ushiwakamaru Tengu Mode, and of course Summer Scathatch. I mostly wanted Okita cause shes a pile of references to an Anime I quite enjoy, but mechanically shes competing with a very tough crowd.

Currently I am trying to fight my way through the "re-raise" big bet mission. Thought I could get a Musashi loop working for it, so I caved to a Non Friendlist Tamamo. Its now turn 48, Musashi, Nero Bride, and my Tamamo are dead, and Mash, Merlin, and a mostly useless no NP Tamamo are hard carrying this fight. To her credit, Musashi did break the first healthbars of the three foes, but the real work is being done by the Stall Squad. Its scary how good that setup is, and its working even without Tamamo's NP existing. Merlin can do so much, its silly.
    Last edited by Saambell; 2021-08-06 at 01:38 PM.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I have NP1 Okita Jet, and shes competing with NP3 Ushiwakamaru Tengu Mode, and of course Summer Scathatch. I mostly wanted Okita cause shes a pile of references to an Anime I quite enjoy, but mechanically shes competing with a very tough crowd.

Currently I am trying to fight my way through the "re-raise" big bet mission. Thought I could get a Musashi loop working for it, so I caved to a Non Friendlist Tamamo. Its now turn 48, Musashi, Nero Bride, and my Tamamo are dead, and Mash, Merlin, and a mostly useless no NP Tamamo are hard carrying this fight. To her credit, Musashi did break the first healthbars of the three foes, but the real work is being done by the Stall Squad. Its scary how good that setup is, and its working even without Tamamo's NP existing. Merlin can do so much, its silly.
    I did that as well but I used waver over Nero bride for the additional no batteries that are being reduces by tamamo no and the major def boost from his second skill. That got me through the fight fairly quickly especially with the arts and crit boosts on musashi with the double fragments CEs. Ended up being a crit arts np loop with some stall.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2021-08-06 at 01:53 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

I tried to do it, I just don't have the patience for it and I really don't need the QP.

I might toss some tickets at the banner when it swaps to Lambda only, I just need need a good catalyst, since my Summer BB and Summer Carmilla catalysts were big hits.
    Last edited by Hunter Noventa; 2021-08-06 at 04:26 PM.

Factotum Variants!

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    I tried to do it, I just don't have the patience for it and I really don't need the QP.

I might toss some tickets at the banner when it swaps to Lambda only, I just need need a good catalyst, since my Summer BB and Summer Carmilla catalysts were big hits.
    I’m guessing a penguin feather would work. Or a stuffed leviathan.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Congrats to everyone who is achieving their summoning goals in this event.

I'm trying to be happy for you, while still being mad that Musashi has yet to grace my Chaldea.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I’m guessing a penguin feather would work. Or a stuffed leviathan.
    My luck with musical catalysts continues. Lambda came home in 20 tickets.

Factotum Variants!

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I don't know about your catalysts, but when the banner switched over, I took one more shot at Lambda.

I now have a leviathan ballerina in my Chaldea. So I'm pretty happy about that.

Honestly, in terms of kit, Lambda is really well put together. Swan Lake is a pretty simple buff, but you can have it up perpetually - it lasts 5 turns, and at level 6 the CD drops to 5. Melt Envy can be awkward to use - or really easy to plan around if you give your party the right CEs - but makes for pretty solid steroid on the turn you want to drop your NP. And Complete Fluidity is an amazing buff for anyone with multiple Summer Servants - I for one can't wait to make my Ruler Martha even more aggressive.

So, yeah. I am tremendously satisfied with this pull. The only problem is that I already blew my embers on Saber Hokusai and Jetpack Okita. So it'll take me awhile to build Lambda up to where I want her to be.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

Got my weekly ticket and got Bunnytoria.... What sorcery is this?
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

After going hard for musashi, I decided to put a few rolls trying to get okita... No okita only a bunnytoia. Not going to say no at all. But jet okita is going to be missing

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm still throwing everything I can get at the Musashi banner and still haven't gotten her. However, the game did throw me a little birthday present today in the form of Jack the Ripper, who has long been one of my most wanted servants. So that's cool at least.

I still want that Musashi though.
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oof that last Mission. It can stay undone not going to grind out that much QP before the end of the event. Has been fun (mostly, the grinds of X QP between here and there were not)
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

20. - Top - End - #350

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Oof that last Mission. It can stay undone not going to grind out that much QP before the end of the event. Has been fun (mostly, the grinds of X QP between here and there were not)
    The last Big Bet mission basically exists for that last mission. If you can beat an Arjuna, Gorgon, and Summer Martha trio it basically gets all the QP you need. But each of them have about 400k/400k health. Not counting ten uses of a big damage cut. I handled it with double Merlin and Summer Tamamo, and i know someone who used Avenger Nobbu and double Merlin. If you dont have Merlin, as long as you have a way to get rid of Arjuna quickly an arts stall team should work on the other two. Arjuna's death effect makes arts stall a little too risky as long as hes alive. So if you use your front line to blitz him down, a stall back line should handle the rest easy enough.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

Arjuna has death effects? I used an arts stall team and it never came up...

Current avatar by me

22. - Top - End - #352

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Arjuna has death effects? I used an arts stall team and it never came up...
    Im fairly sure he does, which is why his damage is so poor. Most death effect NP characters tend to poor damage to balance it out. There are exceptions, coughkinghassancough, but overall most early release characters have that downside. But of course, i could be entirely mistaken and he has nothing of threat to an arts stall team.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I think they just have poor damage because this is such a long, difficult fight in the first place. It looks scarier than it really is, though you do need a team that can heal through the constant NP use.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah, their damage is really low, even NPs are survivable. I did it with Waver, Merlin, and a support Summer Musashi with MLB damage CE. Merlin's heal over time is amazing in this fight.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

The last Big Bet mission basically exists for that last mission. If you can beat an Arjuna, Gorgon, and Summer Martha trio it basically gets all the QP you need. But each of them have about 400k/400k health. Not counting ten uses of a big damage cut. I handled it with double Merlin and Summer Tamamo, and i know someone who used Avenger Nobbu and double Merlin. If you dont have Merlin, as long as you have a way to get rid of Arjuna quickly an arts stall team should work on the other two. Arjuna's death effect makes arts stall a little too risky as long as hes alive. So if you use your front line to blitz him down, a stall back line should handle the rest easy enough.
    I'll be honest, I'm not sure that last Lore is worth the annoyance of going through that mission. I don't want to risk that kind of QP on a fight like that. Usually I just try a challenge fight, and if I can't make it on the first try, I pull back and rethink my strategy. But the cost in this case is a bit high for me.

Is there any other benefit, aside from getting that last Lore?

26. - Top - End - #356
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'll be honest, I'm not sure that last Lore is worth the annoyance of going through that mission. I don't want to risk that kind of QP on a fight like that. Usually I just try a challenge fight, and if I can't make it on the first try, I pull back and rethink my strategy. But the cost in this case is a bit high for me.

Other than the lore and the QP reward from the quest itself, no.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

Well you need to do it to get to the challenge fight which is a relatively easy one. So really it is 2 Lore at stake. Personally I didn't have any trouble with it. I kept 3 Command Seals handy, just in case. But my team of Eresh (support) - Cu Classic - Lord El Melloi - Mash - BB - Gorgon didn't really have any trouble. The enemy damage was so low Eresh's Blessing plus either Mash's defense buff or NP would almost completely negate the enemy damage. Really the only threat was the slow whittling away from the curses from Gorgon and the death effect from Ajura (another reason for Eresh, since she can get immunity to it.)

Oh, and I used the +100% damage on everyone. Still took me close to 40 turns, but I had Gorgon and Eresh standing at the end of it.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Even without the big 100m bet, I got the 100m qp points again by using fever tickets on Camelot vip fever. Though I did save up my fever tickets specifically for that. Don't plan on doing the challenge quest though. I'll never spend all my crystalized lores so I usually don't do the challenges.

Also I have now 0- 90 and max skilled two 5 star servants with the qp from this event and have a decent chunk leftover. Love this event.

Current avatar by me

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

The Big Bet quest made me nervous, but turned out to be a pushover with my team of double Merlin plus Karna.

The challenge quest was tougher, but I tackled that with Merlin, Sanzang, Circe, support Merlin, Mash, Herc (although Herc never got into the battle). I slipped up and let Sanzang die, but was able to stall the rest of the way through thanks to the Merlins.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

Did... The event bonuses go away? Before the event was over?

... Grinding these high-end nodes is going to be a bit harder without those attack bonuses. I've got the last QP bet mission left to do as well. I know I'm slow with these things, but I can't help but feel like punishing people who're finishing behind the curve is a bit cruel...
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.