New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: UPick

1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: UPick

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    Hey folks.

AV talk a little bit about the bandwagon too big feeling you were getting? Because from where I'm sitting it looks like you were specifically skeeved at Xihirli hopping on and was wondering if that's something specific regarding them, something else you were picking up from the thread or ?!?
    It's not Xihirli specifically, it's the way the wagon was joined. I just generally expect that, on D1, there will be a cacophany of randomness, and as people analyze each others jokes and randvotes and change what they're voting for based on new information, wagons will gradually begin to emerge. And it strikes me as really weird when a wagon emerges so early - at the time we had, what, 5 people voting? 6 maybe? And half of those voting for one person, with the first two being random and the third being not random? Nothing I said in the post Xihirli quoted was really pushing a "Vote BookWombat" PoV, so the closest I can see to what she read in it was "I agree with what AV is saying here, therefore I'll vote the person AV is voting", even tho my own BW vote was completely random. And that sequence of events gives me a weird feeling about that third vote. Not enough that I feel like voting Xihirli, just that it's made me uncomfortable enough with this wagon that I wanna get off of it until I've got more serious suspicion.

That Xihirli abandoned BW to vote me doesn't help things either.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Aw man! And "helpful" was the vibe I was going for, too!
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Thinking I'll poke a random inactive player. I'm a little confused by Xihirli moving their vote around with little to no reason, but it's D1 and it is Xihirli. The quick bandwagon on BW is weird, but I don't think wolves have any particular reason to jump on someone like that early D1 - if anything I'd expect a wolf to not put on a third vote like Xi did, because it's a pretty attention-grabbing move.

CaoimhinTheCape, got any thoughts?

I don't really see any reason to claim my role right now.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    So just a temperature check with the town: given the size of the game, and given the game's peculiar set-up, are y'all feeling what I'm feeling, in that we almost certainly don't have any masons?
    I agree it's unlikely that we have masons, since presumably there aren't any pairs of people whose roles make sense as a mason pair. But I'm also a little confused - is there a reason you're interested in the presence of masons, specifically?

I'm sure everybody here was tempted to pick a character who's mechanics would be...obvious, somebody who if they got some other power wouldn't be well-represented. I feel that this would be breaking the spirit of the request though, and we were asked for a second character concept to counter that exact reaction: that if one pick was very obviously leading Unavenger towards a particular mechanic you wanted to have, they'd give you the other role that probably is a bit more broad in what kind of powers it can justify.
    Yeah, I briefly considered looking for a character that I thought would have good powers, but it did seem a bit against the spirit of the game. On the other hand, I also discarded a character idea specifically because the character in question had healing powers (among other things) and I didn't feel like playing a baner.
    Last edited by Elenna; 2021-03-17 at 12:14 AM.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

It's not Xihirli specifically, it's the way the wagon was joined. I just generally expect that, on D1, there will be a cacophany of randomness, and as people analyze each others jokes and randvotes and change what they're voting for based on new information, wagons will gradually begin to emerge. And it strikes me as really weird when a wagon emerges so early - at the time we had, what, 5 people voting? 6 maybe? And half of those voting for one person, with the first two being random and the third being not random? Nothing I said in the post Xihirli quoted was really pushing a "Vote BookWombat" PoV, so the closest I can see to what she read in it was "I agree with what AV is saying here, therefore I'll vote the person AV is voting", even tho my own BW vote was completely random. And that sequence of events gives me a weird feeling about that third vote. Not enough that I feel like voting Xihirli, just that it's made me uncomfortable enough with this wagon that I wanna get off of it until I've got more serious suspicion.

That Xihirli abandoned BW to vote me doesn't help things either.
    Mmm okay.
    I can meld enough with the sense of ?!? that comes up on an early large wagon and being skeeved.

How do you now feel about this now that no one is voting there?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Thinking I'll poke a random inactive player. I'm a little confused by Xihirli moving their vote around with little to no reason, but it's D1 and it is Xihirli. The quick bandwagon on BW is weird, but I don't think wolves have any particular reason to jump on someone like that early D1 - if anything I'd expect a wolf to not put on a third vote like Xi did, because it's a pretty attention-grabbing move.
    This comes out to a tentative? townread on Xihirli correct?

Do you think Xi going for attention particularly indicates anything about their alignment (in either a general or player-meta-specific sense)?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

I agree it's unlikely that we have masons, since presumably there aren't any pairs of people whose roles make sense as a mason pair. But I'm also a little confused - is there a reason you're interested in the presence of masons, specifically?
    Not so much interested, as thinking through various possibilities. I posed the question because I was having trouble imaginging a scenario where we have masons in this game, but figured I'd ask other people in case they'd considered something I hadn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Since Elenna is voting one inactive, I'll go ahead and vote the other. Aleph Null.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-03-16 at 11:18 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Considering I've likely attracted all the attention of the mafia, and That Frankly speaking this is likely my best play.

I have the role list. Something is off with it, and frankly speaking while it's not condemning by itself, there are some roles there that while not condemning by itself, does seem to be rather hard to think of it as the inverse. This isn't me looking at a vague role like Space Ranger, but rather me looking at it and saying. That can't be a role, and I figured my best tactic was figuring out why that's the case. This is why I'm pressing for people to claim there roles. Since, Frankly Speaking you could only really see my abilities as a huh I guess sure it applies to Ben Tennyson.

- - - Updated - - -

I should say, no I don't know anyone else's mechanical abilities, at least not yet, and no I don't know their alignments with a hundred percent certainty. It just seemed like the best day 1 Lead we're going to get.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    Considering I've likely attracted all the attention of the mafia, and That Frankly speaking this is likely my best play.

I have the role list. Something is off with it, and frankly speaking while it's not condemning by itself, there are some roles there that while not condemning by itself, does seem to be rather hard to think of it as the inverse. This isn't me looking at a vague role like Space Ranger, but rather me looking at it and saying. That can't be a role, and I figured my best tactic was figuring out why that's the case. This is why I'm pressing for people to claim there roles. Since, Frankly Speaking you could only really see my abilities as a huh I guess sure it applies to Ben Tennyson.

- - - Updated - - -

I should say, no I don't know anyone else's mechanical abilities, at least not yet, and no I don't know their alignments with a hundred percent certainty. It just seemed like the best day 1 Lead we're going to get.
    *squints*

*goes back to read chat*

...that feels like an appropriate reaction. I'm inclined to believe you for now.

I can see that power for Ben 10. Being able to see the names for the various being he can turn into, but not knowing what they're capable of. Until he tries them out, perhaps.

My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

This comes out to a tentative? townread on Xihirli correct?

Do you think Xi going for attention particularly indicates anything about their alignment (in either a general or player-meta-specific sense)?
    Tentative townread, yes, in the sense that wolves generally want to blend in. But it's more tentative than it would be with a different player, because Xihirli doing weird random stuff (especially D1) is just Xihirli, regardless of alignment.

- - - Updated - - -

To clarify, are you saying that some of the roles seem like they would be more likely to be mafia? Or some of the roles seem like something where you can't imagine what the power would be at all, for either side?

Either way, I doubt there's much information you can get from that. Some possibly relevant quotes from the opening post:
    Other Upicks I've seen have featured anime characters, tanks, and the concept of YouTube Music videos as characters so do whatever you like.
    I will roll up the list of who is which faction before I create your character roles, so if you use a character who's actually a mafia member or actually a werewolf, you may still end up as town.
    - - - Updated - - -

Like, I believe you (totadileplayz, that is) in the sense that it fits your actions and I don't think you're a lying wolf or anything (or at least you're no more likely to be a wolf than anyone else), I just don't think this will be as informative as you're hoping it will be.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

9. - Top - End - #39

Planetar

Tentative townread, yes, in the sense that wolves generally want to blend in. But it's more tentative than it would be with a different player, because Xihirli doing weird random stuff (especially D1) is just Xihirli, regardless of alignment.

To clarify, are you saying that some of the roles seem like they would be more likely to be mafia? Or some of the roles seem like something where you can't imagine what the power would be at all, for either side?

Either way, I doubt there's much information you can get from that. Some possibly relevant quotes from the opening post:

- - - Updated - - -

Like, I believe you (totadileplayz, that is) in the sense that it fits your actions and I don't think you're a lying wolf or anything (or at least you're no more likely to be a wolf than anyone else), I just don't think this will be as informative as you're hoping it will be.
    It's not a Oh Hey They chose a mafia member, it's a that's not how you'd put a role.

"Those dumb idiots." That's not a role, that's not even a person, and it's not even specific, while I can gather what it comes from, and make a guess at who they are in my role list. That isn't likely to be how someone put's their role.

- - - Updated - - -

No that's not a specific person, because I don't want to call someone out, it's an example of what I'm seeing with the general tone.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

It's not a Oh Hey They chose a mafia member, it's a that's not how you'd put a role.

"Those dumb idiots." That's not a role, that's not even a person, and it's not even specific, while I can gather what it comes from, and make a guess at who they are in my role list. That isn't likely to be how someone put's their role.

- - - Updated - - -

No that's not a specific person, because I don't want to call someone out, it's an example of what I'm seeing with the general tone.
    That's not surprising. I would imagine that people might think a role that can See Names wouldn't necessarily be uncommon, and a big part of this game is going to be keeping the opposing team from having any idea what you're capable of. Picking a name that's...let's call it "difficult to google" is some extra level of operational security. And you can't say it's not working out for them.

I will second what Elenna is saying: don't confuse character alignment for player alignment. Superman can be a wolf, The Joker can be a townie, and even if that's how Unavenger was assigning alignments (and it's explicitly not), it's unlikely that we all would've just happened to split into the exact right number of good vs evil characters or whatever.

(And yes, I know that I'm essentially agreeing that I shouldn't be trusted by virtue of my own character's alignment, shush. )

My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #41

Planetar

That's not surprising. I would imagine that people might think a role that can See Names wouldn't necessarily be uncommon, and a big part of this game is going to be keeping the opposing team from having any idea what you're capable of. Picking a name that's...let's call it "difficult to google" is some extra level of operational security. And you can't say it's not working out for them.

I will second what Elenna is saying: don't confuse character alignment for player alignment. Superman can be a wolf, The Joker can be a townie, and even if that's how Unavenger was assigning alignments (and it's explicitly not), it's unlikely that we all would've just happened to split into the exact right number of good vs evil characters or whatever.

(And yes, I know that I'm essentially agreeing that I shouldn't be trusted by virtue of my own character's alignment, shush. )
    Eh, fair enough. I can simply just drop it, and hope I don't regret it later.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, but just in case. it is valid.

Xihirli

- - - Updated - - -

No, Xihirli is not the prime examples of it, but it's still my best guess.
    Last edited by totadileplayz; 2021-03-17 at 12:40 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, fair enough. I can simply just drop it, and hope I don't regret it later.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, but just in case. it is valid.

Xihirli

- - - Updated - - -

No, Xihirli is not the prime examples of it, but it's still my best guess.
    I assume you suspect Xihirli of a particular role due to her roleplay. All I'll say is, it's still not an indication of player alignment, and I am 100% unsurprised that Xihirli would pick a role name that screams "villain".

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #43

Planetar

I assume you suspect Xihirli of a particular role due to her roleplay. All I'll say is, it's still not an indication of player alignment, and I am 100% unsurprised that Xihirli would pick a role name that screams "villain".
    Like I said before, it's not about the role's alignment it's due to the vagueness of the role in question. Xihirli's role is vague, but it's not you wouldn't phrase your role like that kind of vague.

- - - Updated - - -

And by a vague, I mean nonspecific

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Like I said before, it's not about the role's alignment it's due to the vagueness of the role in question. Xihirli's role is vague, but it's not you wouldn't phrase your role like that kind of vague.

- - - Updated - - -

And by a vague, I mean nonspecific
    Fair enough, I suppose.

My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #45

Planetar

Of Course this is predicated by the assumption what they gave is an actual hint, and a different role which is less appropriate also wouldn't qualify for it.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm...

I'm off to ask the narrator a question in private. And then maybe a question to town in public.

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Seize the Carp

Trust, a highly expensive commodity
    As all around us is jade betrayal
    ’Twill I be afforded it? Me, an oddity?
    B’fore all bodies sallow, all faces pale?

Seize the day, my professor demanded.
    In Roman Latin, the language of trash.
    Something he learned, and you ought understand is:
    Drive me down, we all crash.

Wriggling on hooks, beating on sand
    Seized, pierced, and dragged roughly
    To be gutted on land
    As we turn on each other, as we cross our arms toughly:

Tell father tell mother tell sister tell bookie
    We lay our lives down for this stolen cookie.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

18. - Top - End - #48

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post

Seize the Carp

Trust, a highly expensive commodity
    As all around us is jade betrayal
    ’Twill I be afforded it? Me, an oddity?
    B’fore all bodies sallow, all faces pale?

Seize the day, my professor demanded.
    In Roman Latin, the language of trash.
    Something he learned, and you ought understand is:
    Drive me down, we all crash.

Wriggling on hooks, beating on sand
    Seized, pierced, and dragged roughly
    To be gutted on land
    As we turn on each other, as we cross our arms toughly:

Tell father tell mother tell sister tell bookie
    We lay our lives down for this stolen cookie.
    Okay, Yeah I can't imagine them being anything other then what I think they are.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

I am a "she," not a "they." For future reference.

Totadile has given us a LOT of info regardless of whether or not anything said so far is true. Too many power roles out there that could conceivably see that Tot's lying. That means that Tot's probably town and so every power role's gonna be looking at em, if only for networking. As such I'm happy leaving my vote where it is and town-leaning Dile.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I just skimmed the last few posts, and might have more to say later, but I now mostly trust totaldileplayz. I was very suspicious of how the vote-swings started between him and Book Wombat at the start of Day, which I guess is why Apogee voted totaldileplayz.

Yesterday, I wrote up a post that I planned to post once more poeple wrote. It's kinda moot now with the power claim totaldileplayz made, but I'll still post it.
    Spoiler: my view of as yesterday
    Show

had some stuff in response to totadileplayz and how it's a fair but non-convincing point that there would be "role confirming" powers, but AV's post had all that and more.

I'm moving my vote to Book Wombat.
    I wanted to vote him originally, but held off because I wanted to see how others would vote/respond to him and totaldileplayz first.
    My vote on AV was just a D1 poke, but she's gained some towncred in the meantime. While the quality of what AV wrote is not uncommon for her while wolf -- she would give good analysis to gain towncred -- I think she would have waited to say it if she was a wolf, in case any townies claimed in the meantime.

Book Wombat votes totaldileplayz D1. An odd move; he's been in enough games to know we don't lynch new players D1, so it's also basically a non-vote. People aren't going to wagon up on the new player.
    totaldileplayz votes back. Reasonable response, especially early D1.
    Then some banter.

While I enjoyed it all, it seemed a little suspicious. If totaldileplayz and Book Wombat are both wolves, I could see it as a safe distancing move (or at least safe for totadileplayz). Maybe the banter was a response to the close-voting-each-other, realizing it might look odd, and trying to seem innocent?

Of course, could all be D1 innocence, but it's more suspicious than anything we normally have D1. If Book Wombat flips wolf, I strongly suspect totaldileplayz as another wolf. If Book Wombat flips town, my gut feeling is that totaldileplayz is town, but I guess it doesn't actually give evidence towards that. I can't figure out if his comments hinting at his power are a townie trying to help without saying too much, or a wolf play for towncred.

I'm not sure where I want my vote to lay now. As I note in the spoiler, AV's analysis has been good, and while she does good analysis as Town, I still think she would have held off on "don't claim" if she were a wolf, just in hopes someone would claim before she could be 'helpful' and tell them to stop. My main suspicion on Book Wombat was due to possible distancing between him and totaldileplayz, but trusting totaldileplayz's townishness makes that not so believable. Also, I think a wolf would "know better" than draw attention by voting a new player D1 without evidence. So not voting Book Wombat.

I'm enjoying Xi's wordplay, so I don't want her to die D1.

I have a couple doctor visits, and hope to re-read the thread in detail when I get back. At that point, I'm pretty sure I'll move my vote off AV.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Uh, I totally didn’t have the wrong date in my head here for when the game would start. Nope. Didn’t happen.
    Will edit my thoughts into this post after I catch up LOL

--- EL EDITO -----

Okay so from the looks of it things are just about as chaotic and random as I would have expected from a day 1 mafia game starting in a day phase.

So we have, what, Ben 10, someone from a shakespeare play...not a lot of info there. That said, it's probably a bad idea to let my vote go to waste today, so I guess I will put an OMGUS vote on AvatarVecna. Because I am in fact no longer inactive. But I will probably change this vote in the future once I have more information.
    Last edited by Aleph Null; 2021-03-16 at 04:41 PM.
    There are 1d20 types of people in the world: people that always roll natural 1 when it matters.

I don't know why, but I think more people have studied linguistics than I have.
    ...yes, the above sentence is in fact meaningless. But you did a double-take, didn't you?

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Book Wombat votes totaldileplayz D1. An odd move; he's been in enough games to know we don't lynch new players D1, so it's also basically a non-vote. People aren't going to wagon up on the new player.
    totaldileplayz votes back. Reasonable response, especially early D1.
    Then some banter.

Of course, could all be D1 innocence, but it's more suspicious than anything we normally have D1. If Book Wombat flips wolf, I strongly suspect totaldileplayz as another wolf. If Book Wombat flips town, my gut feeling is that totaldileplayz is town, but I guess it doesn't actually give evidence towards that. I can't figure out if his comments hinting at his power are a townie trying to help without saying too much, or a wolf play for towncred.
    I usually roll for my first vote.
    Who do you mean in the underlined part?

I'll be moving my vote off totadileplayz since they don't seem that suspicious to Captain Cap, another inactive.

Also if totadileplayz isn't lying they probably know my role by now. Oh well.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

23. - Top - End - #53
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Anyone want to discuss the pros and cons of totadileplayz's idea of saying our roles?
    The only pro that I'm thinking of is being locked into a claim early - if someone claims a different role later in the game to better account for what happens, we'd be suspicious. But mostly I feel like it gives info to the wolves.

So just a temperature check with the town: given the size of the game, and given the game's peculiar set-up, are y'all feeling what I'm feeling, in that we almost certainly don't have any masons?
    I mean, number wise I agree but it also feels like you're fishing to see if there are any masons.

I know nothing about Ben10, so *shrugs*. But from what totodileplayz is saying, I'm leaning town but there is the chance that a wolf would get the power to see the town's roles.

So, my role isn't a person so much as... well, I'm ok claiming that I don't have a person's name as my role but not much more. So if something looks weird it might be me.

Not sure I have too much to say or analyze right now if I have a chance I may reread the thread later.

I don't have many strong feelings, so I'll throw a vote on Captain Cap to build another wagon and for the fact that he's posted without voting.

Vote List:
    totadileplayz (1): Apogee1
    AvatarVecna (3): JeenLeen, Xihirli, Aleph Null
    Xihirli (1): totadileplayz
    CaomhinTheCape (1): Elenna
    Aleph Null (1): AvatarVecna
    Captain Cap (2): Book Wombat, CaoimhinTheCape

Not Voting: Captain Cap

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Figure I might as well go over what I didn't like from totadileplayz earlier now. JeenLeen partially got what I was going for

Though atp the slots tangled up in mech so it might be better to leave it for a minute have to stew on the new stuff.

Anyways note the following sequence (in spoilers cause multiquote):

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    A passive? Maybe some kind of vote manipulation ability? Hrrmmm.

- - - Updated - - -

Nooo, I swear I didn't steal the cookies.

- - - Updated - - -

Vote List:
    totadileplayz (1): Book Wombat
    Book Wombat (3): totadileplayz, AvatarVecna, Xihirli

I have some theories, but I'll keep them to myself for now.

- - - Updated - - -

Struckthrough my BW vote for now, getting bad vibes.
    Hello, I'm definitely not the person who should be posting first, but Someone needs to start.

Hmm... Well, Let's Start by talking about our characters.

So, what did everyone pick?

I'm Ben Tennyson.

- - - Updated - - -

And... Apparently. Someone posted, while I was making my post.

I'm 10, of course I'm going to steal a cookie, at least I save the day!

- - - Updated - - -

Book Wombat
    I have to say the person who sends a hero to death, is definitely a villain, even If I may very well have stolen that cookie.

2:53 PM (EST) Book Wombat posts a votecount with 3 votes on BookWombat
    2:58ish AV strikes through her BookWombat vote

No later than 3:01, totadil's vote is struck through as well with no indication of that in thread or other posts at that

Why'd that happen?

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Since nobody's inactive anymore (even if Captain Cap isn't voting), I'm gonna switch my vote to Xihirli for the time being.

Figure I might as well go over what I didn't like from totadileplayz earlier now. JeenLeen partially got what I was going for

Though atp the slots tangled up in mech so it might be better to leave it for a minute have to stew on the new stuff.

Anyways note the following sequence (in spoilers cause multiquote):

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

2:53 PM (EST) Book Wombat posts a votecount with 3 votes on BookWombat
    2:58ish AV strikes through her BookWombat vote

No later than 3:01, totadil's vote is struck through as well with no indication of that in thread or other posts at that

Why'd that happen?
    I'd also like an explanation from totadil on this.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-03-17 at 03:15 AM.

My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #56

Planetar

Since nobody's inactive anymore (even if Captain Cap isn't voting), I'm gonna switch my vote to Xihirli for the time being.

I'd also like an explanation from totadil on this.
    Because i was having trouble since it was 3 updates in one, once I saw the 3 votes, I felt uncomfortable keeping up with the vote, but i was having trouble, and didn't realize scrolling was a thing. So, while I was fiddling with that, and dealing with other things. Avatarvecna managed to strikethrough her vote first, but Seeing as how I already struck the vote through, I didn't feel that uncancelling my vote was a good idea, when I already struck the vote through though. But, I also felt like I couldn't really add much more to it, since Avatarvecna hit why I cancelled my vote in the head, once I finally read it. It's been a long time, since I last did anything on these forums, so some things may allude me for a bit.

27. - Top - End - #57

SwashbucklerGuy

I must say that there hasn't been much suspicious activity up to now, at least in my opinion: I think the only noteworthy exceptions have been the third vote on Book Wombat by Xihirli and totadileplayz unvoting without notice.

About Xihirli:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    No, you're right. I shouldn't decide my votes by how easily I can make a rhyme about them.
    Well, strangely enough, I find this to actually be a decent reason: out of respect for the roleplaying aspect, I'm willing to believe there was nothing more to the vote than poetic inspiration.
    Moreover, I agree with Elenna's position: why would a wolf stick their head out at this point? (Xihirli or not Xihirli)

On the other hand, about totadileplayz:
    Because i was having trouble since it was 3 updates in one, once I saw the 3 votes, I felt uncomfortable keeping up with the vote, but i was having trouble, and didn't realize scrolling was a thing. So, while I was fiddling with that, and dealing with other things. Avatarvecna managed to strikethrough her vote first, but Seeing as how I already struck the vote through, I didn't feel that uncancelling my vote was a good idea, when I already struck the vote through though. But, I also felt like I couldn't really add much more to it, since Avatarvecna hit why I cancelled my vote in the head, once I finally read it. It's been a long time, since I last did anything on these forums, so some things may allude me for a bit.
    I don't really find this explanation particularly satisfying, mainly because it should be pretty obvious that is in town's interest to have a good idea of the voting situation. I mean, just making a post signaling the change of heart wouldn't have cost much.

All things considered, it would make sense for me to vote totadileplayz (aside from what already said, it would create a third competing wagon), but that's a shame, because I was just thinking about a way their power could be an interesting asset for town (assuming they're good, of course):

totadileplayz has allegedly access to the full list of roles (and it doesn't make much sense for them to lie about it), this means we could reasonably drop just enough hints for them (and hopefully nobody else) to correctly guess our roles. Let's say that in this way totadileplayz finds out player X's role: now X and totadileplayz are likely the only ones possessing the information, and so they could exploit it to communicate (even publicly) through some kind of code language associated in some way with the character in question.
    This could give town a way to get in contact (with totadileplayz as the middleman) with a good chance of keeping the wolves out.

Of course, there are definitely weak points in the strategy: one of the main problems is that we don't know if we can trust totadileplayz at the moment, however a Seer could easily verify it and if the verdict is positive they could be the first one to establish contact with Tennyson in the aforementioned way.
    Overall, I thought this was worth discussing and I'd like to hear the opinion of others before voting totadileplayz or anyone else.

NO VOTE (assuming this is legal)
    Last edited by Captain Cap; 2021-03-17 at 02:42 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    I must say that there hasn't been much suspicious activity up to now, at least in my opinion: I think the only noteworthy exceptions have been the third vote on Book Wombat by Xihirli and totadileplayz unvoting without notice.

About Xihirli:

Well, strangely enough, I find this to actually be a decent reason: out of respect for the roleplaying aspect, I'm willing to believe there was nothing more to the vote than poetic inspiration.
    Moreover, I agree with Elenna's position: why would a wolf stick their head out at this point? (Xihirli or not Xihirli)

On the other hand, about totadileplayz:

I don't really find this explanation particularly satisfying, mainly because it should be pretty obvious that is in town's interest to have a good idea of the voting situation. I mean, just making a post signaling the change of heart wouldn't have cost much.

All things considered, it would make sense for me to vote totadileplayz (aside from what already said, it would create a third competing wagon), but that's a shame, because I was just thinking about a way their power could be an interesting asset for town (assuming they're good, of course):

totadileplayz has allegedly access to the full list of roles (and it doesn't make much sense for them to lie about it), this means we could reasonably drop just enough hints for them (and hopefully nobody else) to correctly guess our roles. Let's say that in this way totadileplayz finds out player X's role: now X and totadileplayz are likely the only ones possessing the information, and so they could exploit it to communicate (even publicly) through some kind of code language associated in some way with the character in question.
    This could give town a way to get in contact (with totadileplayz as the middleman) with a good chance of keeping the wolves out.

Of course, there are definitely weak points in the strategy: one of the main problems is that we don't know if we can trust totadileplayz at the moment, however a Seer could easily verify it and if the verdict is positive they could be the first one to establish contact with Tennyson in the aforementioned way.
    Overall, I thought this was worth discussing and I'd like to hear the opinion of others before voting totadileplayz or anyone else.

Alright let's go through the list.

Yes I'm bad at mafia especially as town. And yeah I haven't played in about a year now. So some common sense things that I never actually touched even as mafia will likely be misconstrued to other tactics or just forgotten about. Its all I can really chalk that up to, besides the fact people don't need it where I played mafia most recently. This is definitely not a good excuse, but it is the reason why I failed to actually post there.

That being said assuming I survive N1 since the doc goes on me because mafia will definitely try to hit me just for the tactic you provided. How do we purposefully exclude mafia? Wouldnt it be logical to try to enter contact with me with the other town?

29. - Top - End - #59

SwashbucklerGuy

How do we purposefully exclude mafia? Wouldnt it be logical to try to enter contact with me with the other town?
    Maybe I haven't understood your doubt, but the idea IS to get you contact with town. This would be the way I imagined:
    • player X drops the hints
    • you guess the role
    • (difficult part) now you both could try to convey any kind of information in a way that only by knowing the role in question someone could get the meaning

30. - Top - End - #60
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    No vote is legal and is distinct from a No Execute vote. Your vote will not be counted at all.