New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing 13: This Is A Banned List Not A Drinking

*Girl Genius jagermonsters are not to be conflated with GWAR jagermonstas

EDIT:

*animal sacrifice is not "like when your dog drops a dead squirrel at your feet"
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2021-11-03 at 07:00 PM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing 13: This Is A Banned List Not A Drinking

The other people at the table only get the wrong idea when you mention nuclear powered support undergarments.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Titan in the Playground

* There is no such thing as "Ragelightenment"
    ** It is not when you get so angry at the entire world you find a measure of peace in fury and can both be furious and at peace with the world at the same time
    *** I do not know what Banner meant in Avengers when he said he was "always angry"
    **** Nor do I understand how Banner achieved his hulk fusion in Endgame.

* may not start with "a Hinata that doesn't need no man" and end with "speedster hyuuga teleporter assassin ninja on par with Minato"

* may not start with "cynical lesbian cyborg with energy draining hands" and end with "paragon superheroine who fights using cosplay martial arts whose ultimate form is Asriel Dreamurr from Undertale"
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #604
    Titan in the Playground

...I only get about half of those references, can you enlighten me?
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    ...I only get about half of those references, can you enlighten me?
    first few is just me making a joke about tranquil fury with some avengers references thrown in

the second is just referencing Hinata Hyuuga (a shy demure, cute and compassionate girl) while a character I like has no real motivation beyond being in love with Naruto. Minato is the Fourth Hokage and is basically both incredibly fast and has a power to teleport around and was so deadly in war his enemies told their soldiers to run from him on sight.

the third is just me referencing a character I play and making a joke about how you'd never someone imagine as cynical and snarky as her to fight using cosplay from something as idealistic as Undertale's pacifist route.
    Spoiler: spoilers I think, has it been long enough where this is not necessary anymore?
    Show
    Asriel in specific, is a final boss goat-guy who turns into a rainbow angel to fight you in the most anime-tastic fight of the game.

* may not explain the joke.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #606
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    The other people at the table only get the wrong idea when you mention nuclear powered support undergarments.
    I mean, presumably this is aabout having a fission reactor in your knickers so that you can recharge your raygun in emergency situations.

* Explosive undergarments are to be removed before use.
    ** Even if the Fighter is perfectly positioned.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2021-11-04 at 07:36 AM.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Titan in the Playground

* May no longer burn another charge from the wand of paralysis, on an air elemental, after the DM has pointed out that the earth elemental didn't need to roll a save versus the wand when I tried to zapp it with the wand.
    Spoiler: my lame excuse
    Show
    (Look, I was subbing in for the evoker's usual player. Am I really supposed to know all of the fiddly bits, like elementals being immune to the paralyzed condition?

** may no longer urinate into the lead coffin, immediately after the cleric opens it.
    Spoiler: My previous lame excuse
    Show
    (Was playing for the Barbarian during the previous session, and it seemed like a good idea at the time)
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2021-11-05 at 02:47 PM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

8. - Top - End - #608
    Colossus in the Playground

There is no degree of transhumanism or supernatural power that excludes me from the need to wear pants.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    There is no degree of transhumanism or supernatural power that excludes me from the need to wear pants.
    **Dresses may or may not be acceptable.
    ***Look, just cover up your naughty parts with something, alright?

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Dwarf in the Playground

****Eunuchs are not excluded from this rule

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

**Dresses may or may not be acceptable.
    A kilt isn't a dress, and it may even be stylish. For warmer climes, a toga may suffice.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2021-11-05 at 10:09 PM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

12. - Top - End - #612

*If I find a genie that actually grants wishes to the best of it's ability without actively trying to screw you, I can't use my three wishes on "fast, secure, and reliable internet access on all my devices. For the heating and air conditioning in my house to always work properly. solar panels on my house that will never need to be repaired or replaced."
    **'Becuase simple quality of life things like that are less likely to go wrong than something big' is not an excuse.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Titan in the Playground

Has anyone thought that if it’s possible and the genie isn’t an ass, they want to free them?

Extended sig here.

14. - Top - End - #614

*Bardic magic does not give me control over the elements of earth, wind, and fire
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground

I’m pretty sure it literally can with the right build, actually.

Extended sig here.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    *If I find a genie that actually grants wishes to the best of it's ability without actively trying to screw you, I can't use my three wishes on "fast, secure, and reliable internet access on all my devices. For the heating and air conditioning in my house to always work properly. solar panels on my house that will never need to be repaired or replaced."
    **'Becuase simple quality of life things like that are less likely to go wrong than something big' is not an excuse.
    You have enough wishes left? I thought wish one would be good you not to have to wear pants.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Has anyone thought that if it’s possible and the genie isn’t an ass, they want to free them?
    I run an 2E Al-Qadim campaign, heavy on the genies. The consequences-free wishes are often offered after the genie has been freed. So it's not necessary to free them.
    I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
    -The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
    https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.c...tionchallenge/

18. - Top - End - #618

*The rat-thing from Dreams In The Witch House did not go on to become Mickey Mouse

Omegaupdate Forum

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    *The rat-thing from Dreams In The Witch House did not go on to become Mickey Mouse
    Oh yay, a new headcannon.

* The phrase "possession is 9/10s of the law" is apparently insufficent when discovered in bed with the mayor's significant other.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    Oh yay, a new headcannon.

* The phrase "possession is 9/10s of the law" is apparently insufficent when discovered in bed with the mayor's significant other.
    **Being a ghost doesn't help with it.

Extended sig here.

21. - Top - End - #621

The solution to a group of hostile werewolves meeting in the field outside my town is not "charge into their circle atop a suped-up ATV, brandishing a giant-ass anime sword, while a jury-rigged boombox/iPod hybrid is stapped to the back and is blaring a constant loop of heavy metal version of the King of The Hill theme at ear-injuring volume."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Titan in the Playground

* The villain's password is not 'incorrect' and I should stop typing it in and make a hacking roll.

* It doesn't matter if the rules say that transforming destroys them, my werewolf must still wear trousers.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

23. - Top - End - #623

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    * The villain's password is not 'incorrect' and I should stop typing it in and make a hacking roll.

* It doesn't matter if the rules say that transforming destroys them, my werewolf must still wear trousers.
    ** Continued mentions of my trouserless state with a creepy smirk will result in my losing spell slots to summon up pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

24. - Top - End - #624

* When faced with a difficult battle, made more difficult by everyone needing to control three PCs at once, the correct response is not 'bring in more than a dozen familiars, summons, awakened trees, etc.'
    * Speaking of difficult battles, I am no longer allowed to turn a tough boss fight into a single failed Charisma check.
    * I am also no longer allowed to forget about having one of the only reliable sources of radiant damage in the party
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

25. - Top - End - #625
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    ** Continued mentions of my trouserless state with a creepy smirk will result in my losing spell slots to summon up pants.
    *** Or Rites slots to learn the Rite of Dedication, as appropriate.

Was actually thinking more Werewolf: the Apocalypse/Forsaken 1e, where a character has to spend build resources for the party to retain access to clothes when transforming back. The main benefit was actually retaining access to your phone and wallet, which required limiting it to just trousers.

I suspect that a lot of lady Uratha have spare t-shirts stuffed in their back pockets. Although 2e made it relates to Harmony instead of a rite and removed the need to limit it to one garment to keep your stuff.

On that note:
    * My characters are not allowed to have nudity taboos that differ from the country we're playing in.
    ** Even if they make practical sender.

Show

26. - Top - End - #626

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    * When faced with a difficult battle, made more difficult by everyone needing to control three PCs at once, the correct response is not 'bring in more than a dozen ... awakened trees, etc.'
    **The fact that they did it in Lord of the Rings is not an excuse

Omegaupdate Forum

27. - Top - End - #627

LOTR didn't bring in awakened trees to help a battle. They brought in an angry forest to cut off the orcs' retreat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

28. - Top - End - #628

That was a unit of treants casting Liveoak, obviously. So they are technically animated trees.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground

*** Not even if the trees are singing.
    **** I'm still banned from singing.

Show

30. - Top - End - #630

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    *** Not even if the trees are singing.
    **** I'm still banned from singing.
    *****My singing voice has been declared a "cruel and unusual punishment" as defined by the Geneva Conventions (IRL!). Any attempt to open up that can of bardic whup-@$$ will result in authorized responses up to, and including, player vs. player violence and WMDs.

My Voice Is Not A Toy.

So, my bards are instrumentalists, chanters, or orators. I can fake those.
    I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
    -The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
    https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.c...tionchallenge/