New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default More D&D video games coming

So many. At least 5 in 4 years. Okay, that's not a lot compared to Warhammer, but it's pretty neat. Here is my fixed source. Also, here is another article with more Mike C. quotes.

I think, as far as video games go, Dragonlance is suited for a cool tactical game with dragons vaguely described by Mike C., or smaller stories which rely on the player being used to fantasy/game tropes and taking a hard turn away from them.
    Last edited by Spriteless; 2021-06-17 at 06:52 AM.
    yo

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: More D&D video games coming

I think you posted the wrong URL, unless GTA 6 is going to be set in Eberron or something.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2021-06-17 at 05:52 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

D'oh! Scrolling down to the bottom of the article changed the link to the new article! Darn the this new fangled web 3.0! Back in my day...

Fixed the link.
    yo

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spriteless View Post
    [/url]

I think, as far as video games go, Dragonlance is suited for a cool tactical game with dragons vaguely described by Mike C., or smaller stories which rely on the player being used to fantasy/game tropes and taking a hard turn away from them.
    Might be an okay video game (or maybe not, Dragonshard bombed). I do hope it wouldn't mean DL coming back as a supported setting for tabletop.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
    Logic just does not fit in with the real world. And only the guilty throw fallacy's around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendin, probably
    As always, the planes prove to be awesomer than I expected.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

A Fantasy General sort of game but War of the Lance would be sweet. Particularly if they stuck to the old Larry Elmore art style.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I'm excited for whatever Owlcat Games releases for the Pathfinder ruleset. I've gotten so much enjoyment out of Kingmaker and the anticipation for Wrath of the Righteous is exciting.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Eldonauran View Post
    I'm excited for whatever Owlcat Games releases for the Pathfinder ruleset. I've gotten so much enjoyment out of Kingmaker and the anticipation for Wrath of the Righteous is exciting.
    Just looked that up. It's nice to see a game with more moral routes planned than good-guy and sadist.
    yo

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spriteless View Post
    Just looked that up. It's nice to see a game with more moral routes planned than good-guy and sadist.
    I've been watching a few beta-access let's plays to see they are implementing things and I am liking what I see. Since I've already played the adventure path at the table, I'm not really getting any real overarching spoilers. In my opinion, they are doing some fairly good work showcasing the (in my opinion) actual differences in cosmic level alignment gradients. It is actually refreshing to see it portrayed so cleanly.

I generally play a good character when I play video games (good guys saves everyone is my power fantasy) and I can't help but like the personalities of some of the evil characters.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well, there are multiple goodly options there. I might try to play a gold dragon named Frisk.

Hmm, it's a war game, maybe it would be better to compare it to the factions in Warhammer II: Total War(hammer II total warhamm...). Though that setting's factions aren't meant to be good, and its story isn't meant to ever resolve in peace.
    yo

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Honestly I'm kinda stoked for the new Dark Alliance. It looks so straightforwardly dumb*, just go forth and mow down some goblins and giants and jump on some platforms and do videogame stuff in videogame levels. No open world nonsense, no inscrutable lore, just stabbing. As it should be.

*Dumb is not bad in videogames. Dumb is good. Bad is trying to dress your dumb "dude kills everyone" story up as smart and mature and about real, believable humans with normal functioning human emotions.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post
    Honestly I'm kinda stoked for the new Dark Alliance. It looks so straightforwardly dumb*, just go forth and mow down some goblins and giants and jump on some platforms and do videogame stuff in videogame levels. No open world nonsense, no inscrutable lore, just stabbing. As it should be.

*Dumb is not bad in videogames. Dumb is good. Bad is trying to dress your dumb "dude kills everyone" story up as smart and mature and about real, believable humans with normal functioning human emotions.
    Eh, I suppose. My tastes in video games have moved far, FAR away from platform games and random, gacha inspired RNG loot drops. I desire in depth storytelling, rich lore, meaningful choices (even if it is only just an illusion of choice) and high levels of customization. That is just how I am wired. I love stories and am a story-teller at heart. I find other games tedious and unfulfilling.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Man, abusive gatchas have really ruined some gameplay loops.
    yo

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

The gameplay video I saw was pretty underwhelming, honestly. Combat looked like an MMO from 2010, or at its very best, like Dragon Age 2.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Now you've got me wanting a D&D version of Smash TV...
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan