New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Iron Station Savage Masks IC

Nightgaunt
    Her free hand gently touches the bruises like she’d forgotten that they were there. She starts to stay something but it seems like words get stuck in her throat. “I wish I could tell you,” she whispers. A tear forms in the corner of her eye but she quickly wipes it away.

Menagerie takes a breath to get herself under control and says with determination, “Let’s get down there and take out Emeric. Julian is on the other side of town, so at least we don’t need to worry about him. He told me to keep an eye on the team and interfere if you got too close the entrance.”

She tightens her grip on Nightgaunt’s hand before letting him go. “Es-tu prêt?” she asks before she dissolve into black smoke that flows down the side the building and pools behind the team. The smoke stays still, waiting for Nightgaunt.

Spoiler: Translation
    Show
    Are you ready?
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2022-01-21 at 09:58 PM.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

How to Win Combats and Influence Villains

"Hey." Nightgaunt squeezes Menagerie's hand reassuringly when she chokes up. "There's plenty of time to talk about it later."

After Menagerie dissolves and joins his team. Nightgaunt perches back on the edge of the roof, looking down on the brawl with Emeric. He opens a channel to the whole team. "Hey guys!" He says cheerfully. "I made a cute new friend! Oh, and by the way, the bird's on our side now. So stop hitting it, please?"

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

St. Mary Team
    Miss Menagerie’s form slowly coalesces from the smoke, and she bows, flourishing her top hat. Her griffin hisses, but disengages from its duel with Yuki, then turns and jumps on the white gator.

The reptile’s eyes widen as the bird’s talons rake against his forearm. “Que fais-tu, Menagerie?” he demands before he manages to throw the bird off. Yuki follows up with her own attack, slicing at the gator’s less protected belly with her claws. She connects but the four slashes almost immediately close over and heal.

Ryker looks between Menagerie and the gator, then up at Nightgaunt suspiciously. He thinks for a moment, then shrugs. “Nice to be on the same side for once,” he calls to her before he uses the distraction of the griffin and Yuki to get behind the gator. Another jet of acid blasts the reptile in the back, and Emeric snarls, lashing his tail. Ryker snickers as he dodges and douses his opponent again. The white gator’s back sizzles and the remnants of his vest fall to the ground.

Spoiler: Translation
    Show
    What are you doing?

Initiative!
    10s… Shrike/Menagerie attack Emeric, but miss
    8s… Yuki attacks Emeric, but he soaks
    6s… Ryker goes and manages to wound Emeric again!
    4s… Emeric attacks Ryker, but misses
    Initiative Resets!
    King of hearts… Ryker attacks Emeric again, but fails to do damage (Only 9 damage on 4d10? Big Sad)
    King of clubs and Jacks… Nightgaunt and Goldheart have Initiative!

4. - Top - End - #334
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Goldheart leaps back at Emeric and slashes again the blow landing square but doesn't seem to be making much headway.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Set-up:

Nightgaunt sprints down the side of the building, stopping when he can feel that ephemeral tether that seems to connect him to all life. He takes a firm grasp of Emeric's and pulls. Blood splatters forth from the croc's wounds. "I'm not afraid of anything they serve as an entree downtown!" He shouts at him.

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/Whatnot
    Show

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

St. Mary Team
    The amount of blood pulled from Emeric makes him waver. “Damn possede… I’ll kill you… later…” he growls before his knees give out and he collapses to the ground with a concrete shaking thud.

Combat Ends!

The griffin fades into a cloud of black smoke that flows into Menagerie’s hat. She stands tall, braced for questions from the team.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Payoff:

Nightgaunt drops down from the building and lands next to Menagerie with a grunt. He stands up and makes a show of turning his blank faced helmet around, 'looking' at everyone. "So. Uhm. I was hoping to talk to you guys all about this before now... I just, uh... didn't know that now would be... now." He trails off with a self-conscious chuckle.

He puts a hand on Menagerie's shoulder. "So. Uh. This is Menagerie, and she's.... looking to turn over a new leaf?" He continues, acutely aware that Menagerie cannot see his intense side eye through the blank helmet.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Nightgaunt drops down from the building and lands next to Menagerie with a grunt. He stands up and makes a show of turning his blank faced helmet around, 'looking' at everyone. "So. Uhm. I was hoping to talk to you guys all about this before now... I just, uh... didn't know that now would be... now." He trails off with a self-conscious chuckle.

He puts a hand on Menagerie's shoulder. "So. Uh. This is Menagerie, and she's.... looking to turn over a new leaf?" He continues, acutely aware that Menagerie cannot see his intense side eye through the blank helmet.
    The pair of Redlines look back at Nightgaunt with a mixture of skepticism and curiosity. "So you're trying to tell us that the woman who literally tried to kill you a day ago suddenly wants to turn over a new leaf?" One of Redlines asks, looking over to the unconscious gator and then back to Menagerie. "I'm not saying it's impossible but you do realize that it's a little hard for me to believe given then nature of our previous encounter? This could just be a ruse to get in our good graces and double cross us when the timing's just right."

His double walks over to Emeric, kneels down and looks him over in an attempt to assess his condition. "Then again... even if it is a trick I don't think our great white gator here's gonna be too happy about it when he wakes up. By the way does anyone have any idea on how to restrain this guy? We should probably get somebody to transport him to the pit before he has any idea what's going on."

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

St. Mary Team
    “I know that it’s hard to believe,” Menagerie says. “But I’m tired of being a pawn of the River King. His partnering with demons—“ she spits the word— “is… too much.” She thinks for a moment, than answers Redline. “I can have Jaal, my dragon, take Emeric to the Pit.”

Yuki prowls closer, snapping her teeth and growling low at Menagerie. The hair between her shoulders is raised. “She’s a villain. You can’t trust what they say. She could just have her dragon take the gatorman somewhere else to heal instead of the Pit.”

“Ouch, Zodiac,” Ryker says, putting a hand up to his heart theatrically. “Do you not trust me either?”

The tiger hesitates, tail lashing through the air. “You’re different. We’ve been fighting together for a year. But no, I don’t trust you fully, Ryker.”

Ryker shakes his head. “Well, that aside, I believe Menagerie. I’m fine with her joining us, but this ain’t my team.”

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Here's the Pitch:

Nightgaunt scoffs at Redline's objection. "Come on... I'm Fiiiine." He gestures to himself. "lookit me. I wasn't in any real danger."

Nightgaunt's tone sobers. "I agree. It is suspicious. I could be wrong... But I think that's what makes us heroes. Maybe sometimes it's naive. But maybe it's exactly what people need sometimes. A 2nd chance... a helping hand... someone willing to believe they're better than what they are right now?"

Nightgaunt deliberately ignores Zodiac, focusing on Red Line, not entirely sure how to refute Zodiac without undermining his case.

Show

If the GM thinks it flies, I am 100% trying to shift Red Line's labels and persuade him.
    "When someone with Influence over you tells you who you are or how the world works...."

Nightgaunt is telling Red Line to be less suspicious, and to embrace the idealistic nature of being a hero more. He's attempting to shift his Savior up and his Superior down.

11. - Top - End - #341

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Menagerie
    “I know that it’s hard to believe,” Menagerie says. “But I’m tired of being a pawn of the River King. His partnering with demons—“ she spits the word— “is… too much.” She thinks for a moment, than answers Redline. “I can have Jaal, my dragon, take Emeric to the Pit.”
    The two Redlines lock eyes, appearing to have some sort of unspoken conversation for few seconds before the duplicate shrugs and they look back to Menagerie and Emeric respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki & Ryker
    Yuki prowls closer, snapping her teeth and growling low at Menagerie. The hair between her shoulders is raised. “She’s a villain. You can’t trust what they say. She could just have her dragon take the gatorman somewhere else to heal instead of the Pit.”

Ryker shakes his head. “Well, that aside, I believe Menagerie. I’m fine with her joining us, but this ain’t my team.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nightgaunt
    Nightgaunt scoffs at Redline's objection. "Come on... I'm Fiiiine." He gestures to himself. "Lookit me. I wasn't in any real danger."

Nightgaunt's tone sobers. "I agree. It is suspicious. I could be wrong... But I think that's what makes us heroes. Maybe sometimes it's naive. But maybe it's exactly what people need sometimes. A 2nd chance... a helping hand... someone willing to believe they're better than what they are right now?"
    Redline taps his goggles with a fingertip as he considers Nightgaunt's words. He shifts the goggles upwards to rest on his forehead before interposing himself between Yuki and Menagerie, making sure not to block either woman's line of sight to the other.

"You're right, we have no reason to believe anything she says..." Redline echoes. "But that doesn't mean she isn't be telling us the truth."

"Right now Menagerie's not only giving us a way to deal with the ten foot terror here but she could also provide us with critical information about their operation. I don't know about you but I think it'd be a mistake to pass up on an opportunity like this. Besides, even if she's lying I'm sure her friend here isn't just let what happened here become water under the bridge." His double adds addressing Yuki's concern.

"While I may not trust you, yet, I do trust Nightgaunt." Redline holds up an index finger at chest height. "You get one chance at this as far as I'm concerned and if it all works out somehow we'll take it from there. Any objections?", he asks, waving his hand through the air a bit dramatically as he turns to face the rest of the team.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    "When someone with Influence over you tells you who you are or how the world works...."

Nightgaunt is telling Red Line to be less suspicious, and to embrace the idealistic nature of being a hero more. He's attempting to shift his Savior up and his Superior down.
    Redline accepts the label change!

12. - Top - End - #342

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PK-Leon View Post
    "While I may not trust you, yet, I do trust Nightgaunt." Redline holds up an index finger at chest height. "You get one chance at this as far as I'm concerned and if it all works out somehow we'll take it from there. Any objections?", he asks, waving his hand through the air a bit dramatically as he turns to face the rest of the team.
    "I have a problem with it. Did you all forget why we're dealing with demons in the first place? Her and her boss went collecting people. What on earth makes you think she can be trusted? I don't care if she had a change of heart. She can do it from The Pit." Goldheart says with his hand on his sword. "What are you really planning?"
    Spoiler: OOC We're Piercing
    Show
    Last edited by HIDA; 2022-01-23 at 10:23 AM.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

St. Mary Team
    “I never collected anyone,” Menagerie retorts. “I didn’t even know about the summoning until I confronted Julian, the frogman, about it yesterday. And even then, I didn’t interfere with your battles against the Heart Eaters, even though I was ordered to.” Her hand comes up to touch the ring of dark bruises that circle the bottom of her throat, contrasting starkly with her skin.

Menagerie then takes off her hat, holding it close to her chest in front of her. “You want to know why I work for the River King?” She takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly before continuing. “He has my mother’s soul,” she says, eyes hard as she looks at Goldheart.

“He keeps it hidden away in his treasure trove, deep within the Iron River. My mère is wasting away in a hospital bed, unable to move or speak. If I can get her soul back, she should recover, but if the King destroys it, she’ll die. I was hoping that if I assisted your team, then you would help me save my mère.”
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2022-01-23 at 10:32 AM.

14. - Top - End - #344

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    St. Mary Team
    “I never collected anyone,” Menagerie retorts. “I didn’t even know about the summoning until I confronted Julian, the frogman, about it yesterday. And even then, I didn’t interfere with your battles against the Heart Eaters, even though I was ordered to.” Her hand comes up to touch the ring of dark bruises the circle the bottom of her throat that contrast starkly with her skin.

Menagerie then takes off her hat, holding it close to her chest in front of her. “You want to know why I work for the River King?” She takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly before continuing. “He has my mother’s soul,” she says, eyes hard as she looks at Goldheart.

“He keeps it hidden away in his treasure trove, deep within the Iron River. My mère is wasting away in a hospital bed, unable to move or speak. If I can get her soul back, she should recover, but if the King destroys it, she’ll die. I was hoping that if I assisted your team, then you would help me save my mère.”
    "So why betray him now? Once he finds out you're playing on our team, Its over. And you lost your in to keep his guard down around you." Goldheart sighs "Look. I believe you. I promise to help put an end to this and try get your moms soul back. But once this is over, You serve your time." Goldheart says sternly and lifts his hand from his sword and opens it to Menagerie and a golden light emanates from it, clearing her bruises.
    Last edited by HIDA; 2022-01-23 at 12:21 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

There's still demons to slay:

Nightgaunt steps in front of Menagerie when Goldheart takes issue with the discussion. But backs off when he seems to relent. He will however, observe "You don't seem to have such a huge deal working with him, and he's a convict." He points at Ryker. "I don't think we're in a place to judge Menagerie when we don't know all the facts about how she got caught up in this. Would any of us do any better in those circumstances?"

Since the team seems to largely be on the same page, at least for now, Nightgaunt will advance on the entrance Emeric was guarding and say "Come on. We've got demons to kill."

He pauses looking down at Emeric. "Are we having her dragon cart him outta here, or should I try to do something about this?" He cracks his knuckles.

16. - Top - End - #346

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    There's still demons to slay:

Nightgaunt steps in front of Menagerie when Goldheart takes issue with the discussion. But backs off when he seems to relent. He will however, observe "You don't seem to have such a huge deal working with him, and he's a convict." He points at Ryker. "I don't think we're in a place to judge Menagerie when we don't know all the facts about how she got caught up in this. Would any of us do any better in those circumstances?"

Since the team seems to largely be on the same page, at least for now, Nightgaunt will advance on the entrance Emeric was guarding and say "Come on. We've got demons to kill."

He pauses looking down at Emeric. "Are we having her dragon cart him outta here, or should I try to do something about this?" He cracks his knuckles.
    "Ryker has already been vetted and I don't like that either and she has actively worked against us recently and by that I mean literally yesterday. Like i said i don't like and we can deal with it later and we will deal with this later." He looks at the both Nightgaunt and Menagerie. "You're right though, Our job isn't done. If she can cart him to the local precinct that'll be helpful. Let's keep moving." He says walking towards the entrance.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

St. Mary Team
    Menagerie answers Goldheart, “My mère doesn’t have much time left. The doctors say her body won’t hold out for more than a week or two at most… There’s not much else that I can do but try to save her.”

Ryker smirks as Nightgaunt points out his criminal status. “I’ll get’cha my lawyer’s number, Menagerie. She’s a miracle worker.”

Yuki growls again, but prowls over closer to Goldheart. “If everyone else is okay with it, I’ll go along with it. But I’m watching your every move, Menagerie.”

Menagerie nods slowly and then reaches into her hat and pulls out a small snake-like shape that rapidly grows into a twenty foot dragon. He dominates the alley, his wingtips brushing both walls. The dragon gazes at the assembled heroes and then steps forward to grab Emeric in his front talons, pausing briefly by Nightgaunt, before he pulls the gator down to where there’s room for him to open his wings, farther down the alley. He belches a cloud of black cover smoke and heads off toward the Pit.

Spoiler: Nightgaunt Only
    Show
    As Jaal pauses beside the hero and Emeric, a deep baritone voice fills Nightgaunt’s head, rumbling through his thoughts. “So you’re the one that she’s spoken of.” The dragon breathes deeply, looking down at Nightgaunt. “My mistress has spoken highly of you, but know that if you hurt her, I will hunt you down and eat you, vampire.”

The entrance to the sewer is dark, damp, and smells foul. It doesn’t take long to follow the route the Seraph had shown in the briefing earlier. The large chamber that holds the summoning circle is just around the corner.

OOC: This is your chance for last minute tactics or anything you want to do.

18. - Top - End - #348

NinjaGuy

Menagerie nods slowly and then reaches into her hat and pulls out a small snake-like shape that rapidly grows into a twenty foot dragon. He dominates the alley, his wingtips brushing both walls. The dragon gazes at the assembled heroes and then steps forward to grab Emeric in his front talons, pausing briefly by Nightgaunt, before he pulls the gator down to where thereÂ’s room for him to open his wings, farther down the alley. He belches a cloud of black cover smoke and heads off toward the Pit.
    Both Redlines watch the exchange between Goldheart, Menagerie, Nightgaunt, and Zodiac but opt not to interrupt. Redline's double quickly makes his way over to his counterpart once Menagerie's dragon begins to materialize in the alley. The two look on with puzzled expressions as the beast lifts Emeric and takes flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightgaunt
    "Well that went better than expected all things considered." Redline says in a low voice to his double as they follow everyone towards the entrance of the sewers. "Yeah, and I thought we were being harsh, though I get it given our current circumstances." He replies. "Speaking of which, I think we have a call to make?"

Spoiler: Redline to HQ
    Show
    Before entering the sewer Redline reaches out to Seraph over comms and asks if he can contact AEGIS and request to have the remaining hero teams of Iron Station on standby in case of emergency, since both West and South Teams are currently engaged in a joint operation. Additionally he requests that a perimeter to be set up around the South side of the city in order to minimize any collateral damage. If no member of the team reestablishes contact before sundown to assume the worst and move in on their current position.

The entrance to the sewer is dark, damp, and smells foul. It doesnÂ’t take long to follow the route the Seraph had shown in the briefing earlier. The large chamber that holds the summoning circle is just around the corner.

Redline will create an orb of light that illuminates the path ahead with soft glow should the team need it as they traverse the sewer system. "If anyone want's off of the ride this is your last chance." His double jests. "Menagerie, if you have any idea of what's ahead how would be a great time to share before we charge in blind." The original suggests.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Redline
    Wind howls in your ear as you establish contact with Seraph. He seems very distracted as you tell him what you want, but says, “I’ll get it done. Be careful down there, Redline. Seraph out.”

All you get is static from any lines for Drake’s team. They had a much longer route than you did, and are probably already deep underground in order to rendezvous at the other side of the chamber with your team.

St Mary Team
    “I’ve kept myself as far away from this demon summoning as I possibly could,” Menagerie replies. As the team has walked she’s stuck close to Nightgaunt and as far away from Yuki and Goldheart as possible. “All I know is that there’s a second circle here. The Heart Eaters have been filling it just like the other one you discovered. The first summoning was rushed, but this one has had an extra night for the Heart Eaters to… collect.”
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2022-01-24 at 08:28 AM.

20. - Top - End - #350

GreataxeFighterGuy

St Mary Team
    “I’ve kept myself as far away from this demon summoning as I possibly could, Menagerie replies. As the team has walked she’s stuck close to Nightgaunt and as far away from Yuki and Goldheart as possible. “All I know is that there’s a second circle here. The Heart Eaters have been filling it just like the other one you discovered. The first summoning was rushed, but this one has had an extra night for the Heart Eaters to… collect.”
    Goldheart grimaces at the word. "I don't like this. Zodiac, can you try tracking for us? Getting us to our objective fasters mean we can get out that much quicker. Hopefully there are still folks down here we can save."

Spoiler: OOC Mechanics
    Show
    Notice: 21
    Last edited by HIDA; 2022-01-24 at 07:42 AM.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

St Mary Team
    “The scent of Heart Eaters is everywhere,” Yuki answers. “I can’t pick out a specific trail while I’m in my tiger form. Sorry Goldheart.”

As the team rounds the corner, the same set up from the other chamber is visible. However, this circle pulses red with power, like a heart beat. There are three people dressed in red silk robes arranged in a triangle formation. They have their hands raised above their heads and power crackles through them into the center of the ritual circle, where the Heart Eaters have deposited the blood from their victims. The three of them are consumed in a low chant that sounds vaguely Latin in origin.

One of them screams as a large black scaled hand reaches out from the center of the circle and drags the cultist at the bottom of the circle, closest to the team, into the center. Though the blood only looks a few inches thick, the woman in red sinks down into the circle, then her head dips below the blood and she’s gone. The other two cultists redouble their chanting as they see the team. Black lightning flashes into the ritual circle.

Then, silence. The two remaining cultists empty robes fall to the ground as their bodies crumble into ash. The blood in the center of the circle bubbles violently, like it’s boiling. Then, out of the blood, an armored woman with the body of snake slowly rises from the ritual circle. Upon her head are hissing black serpents and in one hand, she holds a jagged spear. The snakes on her head brush the roof of the chamber, 15 feet above the floor. She glances down at her snake body and grimaces. “Those damn fools,” she hisses.

OOC: please make a fear check (spirit)

You are entering battle with a dangerous foe! Add +2 to the Camaraderie Pool!

Spoiler: Camaraderie
    Show
    -If the Leader has Influence over every Teammate, +1 Camaraderie
    -If everyone has the same purpose in the Fight, +1 Camaraderie
    -If any member mistrusts the leader or the team, -1 Camaraderie
    -If the team is ill-prepared or off-balance, -1 Camaraderie (yes)

The Team Leader may mark a condition to avoid losing Camaraderie. This may performed each, and every time Camaraderie would be lost (including when it is spent by a teammate)

Combat Begins!
    Aces of Spades… Redline has Initiative!
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2022-01-24 at 11:25 AM.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

Living Room
    Yuki sighs as Calvin asks if she slept well. “Not at all, but thankfully I don’t need as much sleep as most people. I’ll make it through today,” she says with a small smile.

“We should have one more joining us,” Seraph says after he finishes his sandwich. “I called in a favor from AEGIS and they’re sending an extra hero to join West-side permanently.”

As soon as he says that, Mimi’s voice comes over the intercom. “Recognized: Silence.”

A few moments pass before the doors to the living room slide open to reveal a new hero…

Spoiler: OOC: Amelia
    Show
    Go ahead and introduce your character and give a description please

Once introductions are made Seraph calls for everyone to gather in the living room. The projector lights up the opposite wall revealing the work that Louis and Mimi had done last night. A map of the city come up overlaying the sewer system below. There’s a red circle around one chamber over in South-side’s territory, with two lines extending out from it. One line ends at a sewer entrance under Kinley Bridge, the other at St. Mary’s School in the Broadmoor district.

“The plan is to have you split up into two teams. Gia, Amelia, Aeryn and Drake will be on one team, and Raphael, Louis, Calvin, Yuki, and Ryker will be on the other.”

He points at the spot by St. Mary’s. “Ryker, you said there was a white gator guarding this entrance?”

Ryker nods, intent on the briefing.

“I’m pretty sure that’s the same gator you all tangled with yesterday, the one that the frogman was with. I’m going to have Louis’ team take the direct assault route through the St. Mary’s entrance.”

“Drake will take the other team through a route that Mimi found. There are several large steel barriers that will have to be opened, but Harbinger doesn’t think that the gators have used it to go to this chamber, so there should be little to no resistance. Emphasis on should. I know that team is capable in combat though, so I’m not worried,” Seraph says with a small smile to each of them.

“You all should meet in the central chamber at the same time in a pincer, cutting off any escape routes. Any questions?”

*Back at base with reality warp*

Amelia stepped in while fiddling with her finger tips. A nervous habit she had yet to break despite her family trying. Her mocha hair hid some of her face. Her domino mask sat gently on her sharp cheekbones, framing her emerald eyes. She automatically looked to her cousin, Gia. Amelia was trying not to tremble as she shrank into herself as her nerves started to try and take over her completely.
    Last edited by Reylith; 2022-01-24 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Time warp

23. - Top - End - #353

NinjaGuy

Introductions

“We should have one more joining us,” Seraph says after he finishes his sandwich. “I called in a favor from AEGIS and they’re sending an extra hero to join West-side permanently.”

As soon as he says that, Mimi’s voice comes over the intercom. “Recognized: Silence.”

A few moments pass before the doors to the living room slide open to reveal a new heroÂ…
    Louis wastes no time introducing himself and speaks up. "Hey I'm Louis, hero name's Redline. Welcome to the team. Hope you slept well last night because we're gonna be throwing you straight into the deep end today." He finishes with a bite of his sandwich.

Chamber of Secrets

Then, silence. The two remaining cultists empty robes fall to the ground as their bodies crumble into ash. The blood in the center of the circle bubbles violently, like it’s boiling. Then, out of the blood, an armored woman with the body of snake slowly rises from the ritual circle. Upon her head are hissing black serpents and in one hand, she holds a jagged spear. The snakes on her head brush the roof of the chamber, 15 feet above the floor. She glances down at her snake body and grimaces. “Those damn fools,” she hisses.
    Damn it, we're la- HOLY !@#$ SHE'S HUGE!

Spoiler: Fear Test
    Show
    5?!

24. - Top - End - #354
    Halfling in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Reylith View Post
    *Back at base with reality warp*

Amelia stepped in while fiddling with her finger tips. A nervous habit she had yet to break despite her family trying. Her mocha hair hid some of her face. Her domino mask sat gently on her sharp cheekbones, framing her emerald eyes. She automatically looked to her cousin, Gia. Amelia was trying not to tremble as she shrank into herself as her nerves started to try and take over her completely.
    Gianna shot to her feet, smiling brightly. She ran forward and grabbed her cousin, spinning her around. "Cugino Amelia! Quando sei arrivato qui? Nonna Cecilia sa che sei qui? È così bello vederti!"

Spoiler: translation
    Show
    Cousin amelia! When did you get here? Does Nonna Cecilia know you're here? It's so good to see you!

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Back at Base (Reality Warp)
    “Oh, someone even later than me to the party,” Ryker says, not quite under his breath. He raises an eyebrow at the flood of Italian from Gia, but keeps his next comment to himself.

“Be nice, Ryker,” Aeryn admonishes. “She’s new.” The tall blonde smiles at Amelia, “Hi, I’m Aeryn. It’s good to meet you.”

Ryker grins as he takes over introductions. “My name’s Ryker.” He elbows Drake in the ribs. “Tall, dark, and serious here is Drake—“

Drake sighs as Yuki pipes up from beside Calvin, “And I’m Koyuki, but you call me Yuki.”

“That’s the South-side team,” Drake says to Amelia, stepping away from Ryker. “Looks like you two are going to be with me and Aeryn. Once you’re ready, we’ll leave.”

St Mary Team
    Upon seeing the team, the snake woman smiles revealing sharp pointed teeth. “At least they were considerate enough to bring me a few snacks upon my awakening.” She jabs her spear into the ground and black lighting crackles toward Ryker, Yuki and Goldheart. The two south-siders manage to dodge out of the way, leaping to either side of the swathe of lightning.

Menagerie’s face pales as she looks upon the demon, but she quickly recovers and tries to get Nightgaunt’s attention before he goes off to fight. “I think I know a spell to shrink her down to a more manageable size, but I can’t be distracted while I cast it.” She summons Shrike from her hat, who stands guard in front of her mistress.

Initiative!
    Redline goes on hold!
    Ace of Hearts… the demon goes! Goldheart needs to make an Agility roll to not get hit with lightning!
    Jack of Hearts… Menagerie starts a spell!
    Jack of Clubs and 10s… Nightgaunt and Goldheart have initiative!

Kinley Bridge Team
    The tunnel under the bridge has been dark and damp. Aeryn has kept a small fireball burning in his hand to see by while Drake forced door after door open. “We should be getting close,” Aeryn says.

OOC: Roll Notice
    Spoiler: Notice TN 4
    Show
    You hear the sounds of battle from the down the sewer. Lighting crackles through the air.
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2022-01-25 at 04:58 PM.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Halfling in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"Alright now we're talking. Let's get to work." Gianna said, cracking her neck before rushing forward toward the fight

Spoiler: notice roll
    Show
    Notice: 2d6o6+2 20 so with the 15+2 I rolled a 17 to notice!
    Last edited by Nightengale14; 2022-01-25 at 05:02 PM.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Then:

"I'm Nightgaunt." Raphael offers with a half-wave to Amelia.

Now:

Well. Crap. Nightgaunt thinks when he sees the snake lady rear up from the pool of blood. He feels his essence rattle as it comes into contact with that of the demon, but he stands firm, eager even, in the face of the monster. "If it bleeds, we can kill it." He says reassuringly to his team. "Actually... even if it doesn't bleed, we can still kill it." He says as he clenches his fits, his hands warping to replace his nails with razor sharp talons.

He turns his head towards Menagerie in an exagerrated motion, ensuring she knows he's paying attention. "I've got it. Do what you can." He says to her and then takes a few steps forward and places himself directly between the snake lady and Menagerie. He reaches out towards the monster, feeling for that living tether. He finds it and snatches it, tugging at it but he loses his grip on it almost instantly, his hand 'slipping' off of the slimy and disgusting nature of the beast.

He looks down at his hands, still clean to everyone's eyes and says "Gross."

Show

Shooting: 5 + any bonuses from the snake's size to hit
    Damage: 8.... after a benny'd roll was worse.

If something *would* happen to Menagerie. Nightgaunt will Defend her: "When you defend someone or something from an immediate threat, roll +Savior (that thing I just lowered?) I got an 8 again

ON a 7-9, resolve the Noble Sacrifice Card instead, even if you are not adjacent to the Noun being defended. After this is resolved, Choose one, even if you are incapacitated.

I will choose: Take Influence back over Menagerie.

IF something ELSE *would* happen to Menagerie. Nightgaunt plays "Noble Sacrifice" and gets in the way again.
    This can only go well for me.

Camaraderie: Pending....

28. - Top - End - #358

GreataxeFighterGuy

Goldheart dodges the bolt of electricity and fires and orb of light from his sword!

Spoiler: OOC Mechanics and such
    Show
    Agility to avoid Lightning: 5(6)
    Shooting roll: 7
    Damage if applicable: 13

29. - Top - End - #359
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

*Time warp, Back at base*

Amelia gave everyone a curtsy. She looked back to her cousin. "Nonna insisted papa have me get some field experience." She spoke softly. And in English. Trying to be polite to those around her. Her English was rather broken and nothing could hide her accent.

(Modern)

Amelia took a deep breath. She wasn't much of a fighter but would try to help anyway.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

St Mary Team
    As soon as Nightgaunt attempts to attack her essence, the snake woman head turns to face him. All the snakes on her head stop moving and then let out one unified hiss. “How dare you!” She snarls. “I am Zalta, Princess of the 5th house of Vaneya. I will not be insulted by one as insignificant as you!”

Seeing the demon’s attention swing in her and Nightgaunt’s direction, Menagerie begins to chant faster. Smoky purple runes float up behind her.

Goldheart’s attack briefly stuns the snake woman, and Ryker attempts to get close enough to use his power from the distraction, but he’s forced to dodge out of the way of another jab of the demon’s giant spear.

The demon sweeps her tail around, catching the two Redlines and Goldheart, throwing them across the chamber, before she points her spear at Ryker and electrocutes him with a quick burst of lightning. Ryker goes down to one knee, back and clothes smoking, but slowly gets to his feet. “Any time now Menagerie,” he says over his shoulder.

Yuki changes into her cockatrice form and takes to the air. She starts to breath fire at the side of the demon’s face, but the many anaconda sized snakes the demon’s head bite at the shapeshifter, and she abandons the attack. “I can’t even get close.”

Kinley Bridge Team
    Drake throws open the last door both he and Aeryn dive through, intent on entering battle with the demon. The sight of the 15 foot snake woman barely fazes them.

OOC: Roll for Fear please (spirit)

Team
    “More pests,” Zalta says as The Kinley Bridge Team enters the chamber. However, the demon returns her attention to Menagerie, who has several floating runes behind her now. The snake woman recognizes the spell for what it is and jabs her spear forward, attempting to run Menagerie through. (OOC: and Nightgaunt gets stabbed as he Defends. I’ll let you describe that)

Menagerie says the final word to her spell and the runes fly over the demon’s head. She shrieks as smoke pours from her body and she shrinks down to a much more manageable seven feet tall. The demon curses Menagerie in her mother tongue, “You’ll die slowly for that, sorceress.”

Initiative!
    9s… Ryker goes, but misses
    8s… the demon goes again! She sweeps Redline and Goldheart for 18 damage, and attacks Ryker for 21 damage
    6s… Yuki goes, but the demon dodges her cone
    Initiative Resets
    The Kinley team enters combat!
    Queen of Spades… the demon attacks Menagerie, dealing 22 damage, but Nightgaunt defends!
    Queen of Diamonds… Menagerie completes her spell, shrinking the demon!
    Jacks, and 9s and 8s… Goldheart, Gia, Nightgaunt, and Amelia have Initiative!
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2022-01-26 at 02:20 PM.