New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I have literally no idea what 30XX is.
    30XX is a Mega Man X styled roguelike. It's the sequel to 20XX, a kickstarter game made in what was honestly probably flash, which was pretty damn good but had some flaws. 30XX is more or less them fixing most of those flaws.

Game is really good!

2. - Top - End - #602

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask (The Five Stages of Zelda-Game)

So I just learned something and I feel this is an appropriate place to bring it up.

They're remaking Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and it's set to come out sometime next year.

...Other than my sincere hope that they don't censor the fact that Vivian is transgender in the English localization this time, I'm not sure what to think about it.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #603

S'good to hear your voice again, friend.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #604

So I just learned something and I feel this is an appropriate place to bring it up.

They're remaking Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and it's set to come out sometime next year.

...Other than my sincere hope that they don't censor the fact that Vivian is transgender in the English localization this time, I'm not sure what to think about it.
    Completely forgot to respond to this!

I'm honestly very excited for the Thousand Year Door remake, though it is slightly annoying because dangit I wanted to stream that game eventually, and now I've got a good reason to not do so.

I would love it if they adjusted things so Vivian is more overtly canon-trans, just because it'd make some people so so very mad.

S'good to hear your voice again, friend.
    Thank you! I'm glad to be able to do this streaming thing again! Recovery of my surgeries is going well!

5. - Top - End - #605

I mean, I haven't found a straight translation of the original dialog but the Italian localization doesn't censor it and, translated into English, made her Loud and proud about her status* so if that's accurate just a straight translation would do the trick.

Likewise, every instance of her being called ugly in the original was a case of her sisters insisting that she was a man or otherwise misgendering her.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, Vivian's already best girl, if they don't censor her transgender status this time, she'll be even besterer.

the only other improvements I can see making for TTYD, is to like reduce backtracking, because thats like the one complaint I've heard from anyone about it
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #607

So... Given the overall plot of this game, it's a little painful seeing you retrying the challenges until you get them right.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #608

So... Given the overall plot of this game, it's a little painful seeing you retrying the challenges until you get them right.
    While that's TRUE, this is not a case of me resetting the entire world to redo those challenges. They're just allowed to be reset.

... that said I feel like the resetting option was added in a patch because I don't recall it the last time I played it, but I also didn't play this game on release so that'd be weird if it was the case.

9. - Top - End - #609

Yeah, but Still. Th eKid obsessively starting things over again and again just to get them right?

The implication is that even on a first play through this isn't the first time through and no matter how many new game pluses you do it won't be th elast.

Sort of a microcosm of the conflict. The Kid can't fix this, he can't do it perfectly, no matter how hard he tries, so he ends up hyper focusing on he stuff he can do right if he tries it enough, gets distracted by them...

Also, considering all that's revealed... Praying to the Gods makes things harder for you. Yeah, you get an XP boost but that's presumably just because of the greater challenge. Are the Gods putting the weight of the sins of all the Caelidonian people on The Kid? Are they upset about the Caeldonians not being devout worshipers("Oh, now you need our help") or are they just *****?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #610

Yeah, but Still. Th eKid obsessively starting things over again and again just to get them right?

The implication is that even on a first play through this isn't the first time through and no matter how many new game pluses you do it won't be th elast.

Sort of a microcosm of the conflict. The Kid can't fix this, he can't do it perfectly, no matter how hard he tries, so he ends up hyper focusing on he stuff he can do right if he tries it enough, gets distracted by them...

Also, considering all that's revealed... Praying to the Gods makes things harder for you. Yeah, you get an XP boost but that's presumably just because of the greater challenge. Are the Gods putting the weight of the sins of all the Caelidonian people on The Kid? Are they upset about the Caeldonians not being devout worshipers("Oh, now you need our help") or are they just *****?
    Which, to be fair, is in character for The Kid. He did a tour of the Rippling Wall, realized he didn't have anything left for him, and just... did it again. It is in the Kid's nature to, when faced with a challenge or task, just... do it until it's done.

As for the Gods, it could be challenges sent forth from them!... though I for one actually like how ominous it is that the implication is that the Gods are unhappy with the world being unmade like this, and are thus weighing down punishments.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Once again asking "when live?" in the hope the answer will turn out to be "now" again.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Maybe next time it happens
    Imma find out!
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

12. - Top - End - #612

Imma find out!
    Yeah I realized Tuesdays don't work for me, so I'm streaming every Thursday and Sunday. Better luck next time Enderlord!

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah I realized Tuesdays don't work for me, so I'm streaming every Thursday and Sunday. Better luck next time Enderlord!
    Oh, okay. Thanks for clarifying!
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

14. - Top - End - #614

Ahh hell yes, Luigi's Mansion!

Never actually beat it as a kid but it sure was fun.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #615

Ahh hell yes, Luigi's Mansion!

Never actually beat it as a kid but it sure was fun.
    I hope you enjoy! Luigi Mansion is a fun dang game, thought certain aspects of it kinda unsettled me enough to delay my beating it myself.

Meanwhile Gravity Circuit sitting in a corner wondering when anyone is going to look at this goty contender

16. - Top - End - #616

I saw your streams of it, just... Didn't have a comment. Looks great but something about it didn't really click for me.

Edit: It has been so long since I've heard anyone else make reference to Ultimate Muscle... I feel like it would have caught on better if we knew at the time that it was a sequel to something. Lot of the jokes really only make sense if you're familiar with Kinnikuman.

Also... I'm ashamed to admit that I just looked up who Robin Mask's VA was.

Edit 2: I know that Matpa is a touch controversial, but he did a video once totally up how wealthy Luigi would be after this game... Using the conversion from gold bars to coins and the price of gold circa 2017 as benchmarks, Luigi after this game would have like, half a billion dollars in treasure for a single night's work IIRC and that's lowballing it.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-10-26 at 11:05 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #617

The fact that the Boos can move from room to room has got to be the most frustrating thing about this game.

Also, I was not aware that yo could freeze the boos that make up Boolossus.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #618

I saw your streams of it, just... Didn't have a comment. Looks great but something about it didn't really click for me.

Edit: It has been so long since I've heard anyone else make reference to Ultimate Muscle... I feel like it would have caught on better if we knew at the time that it was a sequel to something. Lot of the jokes really only make sense if you're familiar with Kinnikuman.

Also... I'm ashamed to admit that I just looked up who Robin Mask's VA was.

Edit 2: I know that Matpa is a touch controversial, but he did a video once totally up how wealthy Luigi would be after this game... Using the conversion from gold bars to coins and the price of gold circa 2017 as benchmarks, Luigi after this game would have like, half a billion dollars in treasure for a single night's work IIRC and that's lowballing it.
    No problem!

See you say that, but Ultimate Muscle was actually so successful in the west that it revived the series in Japan. So I'm genuinely curious how more successful it could have become!

Dan Green doing his absolute best Shaun Connery impression, and it is so so good. Especially since Kevin's doing cor blimey ass British punk speech.

Luigi's got fat stacks... or would, if E. Gadd didn't use EVERY dollar on building our fancy town house.

The fact that the Boos can move from room to room has got to be the most frustrating thing about this game.

Also, I was not aware that yo could freeze the boos that make up Boolossus.
    It is an unending agony.

Yeah! It's the, as far as I'm aware, only way you can actually beat that boss.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Titan in the Playground

random thoughts:

Gravity Circuit:
    I must've mixed it up with some other game because I thought you could unlock other fighters in it. There are probably many indie megaman-likes out there. Steam really has led to accessing a lot of indie stuff you wouldn't get normally.

Luigis Mansion:
    the earliest indication we've had of Luigi's mansion was in Paper Mario, where Luigi writes in his journal about being in his own adventure/game someday, and some of the stuff in Luigi's Mansion resemble stuff from Lady Bow's Mansion.

and I can back up Zodi that the ice element is the only way to beat Boolossus.

as for E. Gadd I'm not sure he is only a ghost hunter as his inventions suggest he is just a general mad scientist inventor to me, its just that like other Mario characters he gets slotted into the role that suits him. he fits the experienced inventor who hunts ghosts thing for this game, so thats what he is and thus the writers write him having that experience and fulfilling that role. I personally believe that Luigi's Mansion is canon to other Mario games but I'm a weird person who aside from the later paper mario games believe a lot is canon to each other and don't like the negative canon people who deny any connection to anything. I can't get behind anthology theories, I don't like the disconnection.

20. - Top - End - #620

Okay, I decided to do the math myself since the value of gold has changed since 2017 and also inflation is a thing.

In the vanilla, OG version of Luigi's Mansion there is G 142,390,000 total in the game that you can possibly get.

One gold bar is G 100,000.

Those bars in the game appear to be the stereotypical 400 troy-ounce "Large" gold bars, the big ass ones you se every so often, which have a $789,800 American price tag as of a few days ago.

So if my math is correct 1 G is 7.898 US dollars. Not sure why it wouldn't be correct, that's a pretty simple calculation, but gotta keep my ass covered, you know.

So from there, we plug in 142390000x7.898 which gets us $1,124,596,220 American.

In comparison, that is 1,556,407,430.59 in Canadian dollars, 167,486,677,342.71 in Japanese yen, and 1,058,897,308.83 in Euros.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #621

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    random thoughts:

Gravity Circuit:
    I must've mixed it up with some other game because I thought you could unlock other fighters in it. There are probably many indie megaman-likes out there. Steam really has led to accessing a lot of indie stuff you wouldn't get normally.

Luigis Mansion:
    the earliest indication we've had of Luigi's mansion was in Paper Mario, where Luigi writes in his journal about being in his own adventure/game someday, and some of the stuff in Luigi's Mansion resemble stuff from Lady Bow's Mansion.

and I can back up Zodi that the ice element is the only way to beat Boolossus.

as for E. Gadd I'm not sure he is only a ghost hunter as his inventions suggest he is just a general mad scientist inventor to me, its just that like other Mario characters he gets slotted into the role that suits him. he fits the experienced inventor who hunts ghosts thing for this game, so thats what he is and thus the writers write him having that experience and fulfilling that role. I personally believe that Luigi's Mansion is canon to other Mario games but I'm a weird person who aside from the later paper mario games believe a lot is canon to each other and don't like the negative canon people who deny any connection to anything. I can't get behind anthology theories, I don't like the disconnection.
    Oh yeah, there is stuff like that!

To clarify things: when I say Mario has No Continuity, I mean it in the sense that "there is no canon, so everything happens exactly as it does". Straightforward and simple; games happen canonically in the order they are released, and any contradictions are just due to changing times in the Kingdom. There's no overarching meta canon that Explains Everything like say, Zelda, it just all happens as shown. With the caveat that Paper Mario is firmly established to be an AU.

Okay, I decided to do the math myself since the value of gold has changed since 2017 and also inflation is a thing.

In the vanilla, OG version of Luigi's Mansion there is G 142,390,000 total in the game that you can possibly get.

One gold bar is G 100,000.

Those bars in the game appear to be the stereotypical 400 troy-ounce "Large" gold bars, the big ass ones you se every so often, which have a $789,800 American price tag as of a few days ago.

So if my math is correct 1 G is 7.898 US dollars. Not sure why it wouldn't be correct, that's a pretty simple calculation, but gotta keep my ass covered, you know.

So from there, we plug in 142390000x7.898 which gets us $1,124,596,220 American.

In comparison, that is 1,556,407,430.59 in Canadian dollars, 167,486,677,342.71 in Japanese yen, and 1,058,897,308.83 in Euros.
    That is a hell of a lot of number!

22. - Top - End - #622

The thought occurs to me that Bowser jrs magic paint brush, which he explicitly got from Gad, is probably reverse-engineered from Van Gore's powers.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ettin in the Playground

Live soon?
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

24. - Top - End - #624

The thought occurs to me that Bowser jrs magic paint brush, which he explicitly got from Gad, is probably reverse-engineered from Van Gore's powers.
    God that's cool a thought actually. Spot on.

Live soon?
    Soon!

25. - Top - End - #625

I have no idea what Alan Wake is it's just a name I see around every so often.

Until further notice, I'm going to assume that the title is a typo and it's about the funeral of a man named Al.

Edit: "That's a made-up name" "All names are made-up."

Edit 2: I feel that "the characters I created out hate me" vibes, my friend. Pretty much every character 've made has some major loss or tragedy or trauma in their backstory that forms the core of their motivation or else the impetus of their narrative.

Of course, a couple of mine would probably try to kill me.

Edit 3: strike that, Maria probably doesn't care anymore.

Edit 4: You said "Caribou Carnival" and immediately I flashed back to the episode of Jimmy Nutrom where Jimmy's attempt to beat a heatwave causes a second ice age and Hugh and all the other dads regress to a primitiv state and go hunting caribou.

"Cluck cluck cluck ya, cluck cluck luck ya, oooh... Caribou!"

So thanks for that.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-11-05 at 09:10 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #626

The implication I've always gotten about Murder She Wrote is that she's committing the murders herself and framing people.

That's not what the writers intended but the murder rate in that town is disproportionately high with no apparent external cause and the handful of episodes where she goes somewhere else always involve a similar murder, she often solves the cases based on intuition or epiphany rather than evidence, and sometimes her summation at the end involves information that she could only have known if she was there.

Throw in the implications that her crime novels are "true crime" and... Yeah.

In other news I'm a bit behind on these streams, obviously. I keep having to stop and let this stuff sink in a bit. Thus game is meta a shell and it's a bit of a mind****.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #627

I have no idea what Alan Wake is it's just a name I see around every so often.

Until further notice, I'm going to assume that the title is a typo and it's about the funeral of a man named Al.

Edit: "That's a made-up name" "All names are made-up."

Edit 2: I feel that "the characters I created out hate me" vibes, my friend. Pretty much every character 've made has some major loss or tragedy or trauma in their backstory that forms the core of their motivation or else the impetus of their narrative.

Of course, a couple of mine would probably try to kill me.

Edit 3: strike that, Maria probably doesn't care anymore.

Edit 4: You said "Caribou Carnival" and immediately I flashed back to the episode of Jimmy Nutrom where Jimmy's attempt to beat a heatwave causes a second ice age and Hugh and all the other dads regress to a primitiv state and go hunting caribou.

"Cluck cluck cluck ya, cluck cluck luck ya, oooh... Caribou!"

So thanks for that.
    God that'd be funny, a game about the slow consuming death of a man named Alan, ending in his funeral. Thankfully that's definitely not this game.

To be clear, I don't think most of my characters hate me. I just think they deserve a shot at me- I gave them all their terrors, but I gave them all their pleasures as well, and most would understand that! Ironically Orochi would be one of the characters who DOESN'T punch me because mentality wise he's aware that from a technical standpoint my existence propagates his own, so he'd try to manipulate me. This is also why if my characters did show up in RE: Creators, Orochi would join the good guy side first. He sees the writing on the wall and knows his world can't exist without me, so he's on team good guy out of explicit necessity. Anyway you should watch RE: Creators it is incredible.

I'm glad my reminiscing about old festivals reminded you of such a weird, off kilter show.

The implication I've always gotten about Murder She Wrote is that she's committing the murders herself and framing people.

That's not what the writers intended but the murder rate in that town is disproportionately high with no apparent external cause and the handful of episodes where she goes somewhere else always involve a similar murder, she often solves the cases based on intuition or epiphany rather than evidence, and sometimes her summation at the end involves information that she could only have known if she was there.

Throw in the implications that her crime novels are "true crime" and... Yeah.

In other news I'm a bit behind on these streams, obviously. I keep having to stop and let this stuff sink in a bit. Thus game is meta a shell and it's a bit of a mind****.
    Yeah that's another decent theory I've heard about the show.

It's okay if you're a little behind due to the game hitting all the right buttons for you and you needing to stop to take it all in. Alan Wake is definitely one of those games where it kinda intentionally WANTS to evoke that feeling.

28. - Top - End - #628

So I'm at the tales form Yellowknife part of the stream...

....The hell is your life?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #629

So I'm at the tales form Yellowknife part of the stream...

....The hell is your life?
    You see some ****, when you live in a small town.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Titan in the Playground

You see some ****, when you live in a small town.
    Yea, I call that "Inner Country Weirdness".

Cities generally tend to pop up around large source of water, so, the coast most of the time. any town that establishes itself farther away from such large sources of water are not as popular and therefore don't grow as large, and Canada and US are full of vast stretches of Inner Country. thing is, humans are social creatures therefore cities being the most social place around makes sense....which makes people who go to small towns a little odd since they decided for whatever reason to go away from those big social centers. since they're in a place where less people can judge them where you don't have to keep up with appearances that wider society expects of people, they have more leeway to be weird in some respects. you pull into some small town with some weird car and a weirder outfit, what are they gonna do about it? meanwhile if you do the same in the city or the suburbs, well your not getting any jobs that way, thats for sure.