New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default One-armed, one-legged, one-eyed monk caught in a bear trap vs. a were-hamster

Seriously, what's with all the "Some class in an unrealistic situation" vs. "Some other class in an equally unrealistic situation" threads? Not picking any specific threads; I am sure they are relevant in their own specific situations, I just feel like I will log on tomorrow and find a thread like "Cleric of Blibdoolpoolp armed with a Pincer Staff vs. Wizard wearing an eyepatch with a parrot familiar".

So I suppose, to make this a relevant thread, whats a completely unrealistic situation you want to debate? How about some incredibly unlikely and murky bit of rules trivia?

Also:

Who will win? The parrot and eyepatch wielding wizard or the Pincer Staff armed Kuo-Toa priest? What about the one-eyed, one-armed, one-legged, one-horned (we will say he's a Minotaur) monk vs. the were-hamster? Are there even stats for hamsters? What about Giant Space Hamsters?

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: One-armed, one-legged, one-eyed monk caught in a bear trap vs. a were-hamster

"Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes!"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: One-armed, one-legged, one-eyed monk caught in a bear trap vs. a were-hamster

I think a regular hamster would be more than enough to kill a regular monk, unless he's level 17 in which case they would obviously sing a song together.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hamster Wins. Fatality!
    ... ... ... YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Drunken Half-Orc Bard vs an animated Armoire down a well
    Give them bread and circusses and the plebs wont rise against you. Give adventurers dungeons and trapped chests and they won't waste time looking to ransack your home and kill your wife.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mostlyharmful View Post
    If I was a Half-Orc Bard I'd be drunk too.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Depends on the Bard's belief in cartoon physics (or the material of the armoire).
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly View Post
    Who will win? The parrot and eyepatch wielding wizard or the Pincer Staff armed Kuo-Toa priest?
    I'd put money on the Cleric...Blibdoolpoolp is THE most baddass god in the entire pantheon. He should have had the Watery Death domain, not That Darn Crab of Fax Celestis origin. Or maybe That Darn Crab IS the avatar of Blibdoolpoolp, in which case the Cleric would most definitely win, cause he would just cast Miricle and call for his diety to send That Darn Crab to grapple the wizard into oblivion.

Hmmm, I smell an epic story coming into being....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The CW samurai vs another CW samurai....

theres just no way either could win, but no way they could even cause double KO, and they aren't even evenly matched enough to call a stalemate. its like....madness....
    Chaos is the friend of those who make no enemies and form no alliances.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Larrin View Post
    The CW samurai vs another CW samurai....

theres just no way either could win, but no way they could even cause double KO, and they aren't even evenly matched enough to call a stalemate. its like....madness....
    Yaaay!! Sissy Slap Fight!
    Give them bread and circusses and the plebs wont rise against you. Give adventurers dungeons and trapped chests and they won't waste time looking to ransack your home and kill your wife.

11. - Top - End - #11

Even better! Healer vs. Healer! Tied up, beaten, broken sissies engaed en battle!

12. - Top - End - #12

believe it or not, this nearly happened once in my group.
    though you'll just have to settle with a hulking hurler animated armoire vs. a huge t-rex. though in all fairness the armoire had a huge advantage in numbers (about half a furniture shop). but the t-rex deserved it, it stole a woman's pie (yes, our DM DID set this up, and it DID happen)
    I'm back... possibly... any minute now... brb.

Horny Halfing Avatar by Anna Molly

13. - Top - End - #13

a dwarfen cleric of grumush who got into eye of grumush weilding a cat in both hands vs a sun elf barbarian raised by owls in a china shop
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly View Post
    Seriously, what's with all the "Some class in an unrealistic situation" vs. "Some other class in an equally unrealistic situation" threads?
    Sabotage would my first guess
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Boccob on a serious bender after a rough breakup with his girlfriend, Roxanne vs. The sword of Kas possessing the body of an army of over-caffeinated bugbears who all wield flails created by Edwin the blacksmith and/or Rupert the blacksmith.

Absolutely feasible.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krimm_Blackleaf View Post
    Boccob on a serious bender after a rough breakup with his girlfriend, Roxanne vs. The sword of Kas possessing the body of an army of over-caffeinated bugbears who all wield flails created by Edwin the blacksmith and/or Rupert the blacksmith.

Absolutely feasible.
    *sniffle* "This is just like Roxanne used to beat me with ten thousand blunt objects simultaneously..."

*causes torrential flooding via tears*

----

How about Ao facing off against a plane of existence that was killed, and then raised to unlife via mass epic spells?

(I have such an Undead Plane statted in a non-D&D system)

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    (I have such an Undead Plane statted in a non-D&D system)
    You mean the Mortiverse?

How about a barbarian 1 / bard 1 / cleric 1 / druid 1 / fighter 1 versus a paladin 1 / ranger 1 / rogue 1 / sorcerer 1 / wizard 1? No, not five characters against five, that's one fifth-level char against another. That is the true Battle of the Core Classes.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

The hamster will win, especially if it's an electric hamster. All it has to do is go for the horn.

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    You mean the Mortiverse?

How about a barbarian 1 / bard 1 / cleric 1 / druid 1 / fighter 1 versus a paladin 1 / ranger 1 / rogue 1 / sorcerer 1 / wizard 1? No, not five characters against five, that's one fifth-level char against another. That is the true Battle of the Core Classes.
    Nah. Cleric 1/Druid 1/Bard 1/Sorceror 1/ Wizard 1 vs. barbarian 1/fighter 1/paladin 1/ranger 1/rogue 1.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Manwich vs. Matter-Eater Lad.

Commoner20 vs. a Housecat with 20 racial HD.

Medusa vs. Nymph.

Lich PC vs. Dry Lich NPC.

10 traveling Drunken Masters and a Bard director vs. kung fu stage choreography.
    Last edited by JaxGaret; 2007-11-15 at 09:40 PM.
    You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. - Friedrich Nietzsche

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Pun-pun vs. Chuck Norris! While dodging beach balls in the rain three minutes before getting sucked into a black hole!

Hmm, is the mention of a black hole enough to kill a catgirl? Hope not, I mean, it's just a super-compacted star, sometimes the result of a supernova, which has enough gravitaional power to even suck light in past the event horizon. It's not like it could cause a singular bolt of lightning to hit a creature of exactly the right sort...

ZAP! *scream*

Damn.
    For the last time, it stands for Shadow of Darkness!

Thankin' Nevitan fer me babytar!

Kasaad Shadowweb-Chitine Paladin of Freedom (now a clickable link!).

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt
    SoD is my favorite too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    SoD casts Pun
    SoD's Pun crits TigerHunter for 10k.
    TigerHunter dies.

Genderbender week comin' up! SoDess by Bisected8 *applause*

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    You mean the Mortiverse?
    I've never heard of such a 'verse, nor has wikipedia. Pray enlighten me?

What I actually made was an attempt to break the monster creation rules of the Zodiac Final Fantasy RPG. I succeeded in doing so, by the way.

23. - Top - End - #23

The Mortiverse is from the third party Immortals handbook. It's widely considered to be the cheesiest critter outside of Pun-Pun or a level 20 artificier.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Azerian Kelimon View Post
    The Mortiverse is from the third party Immortals handbook. It's widely considered to be the cheesiest critter outside of Pun-Pun or a level 20 artificier.
    The Mortiverse is an Octodecaogdoad Nona-Macrobe Amidah Apocalyptic Black-Hole-Spawned Legion Elder Unelemental
    Xona-Titanic Extraplanar Outsider.

It has a BAB on the order of 10 ^ 30 (that's a one with thirty zeroes).

More info here.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

25. - Top - End - #25

And it's still beaten by I win. Is there anything someone who can get a div rank aleph1+ can't do?

Or an Artificier 20 or higher?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

I just have one thing to say about this thread....

http://www.ultimateshowdown.org/

Watch it, Learn it, Love it, Live by it

this is the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny
    good guys, bad guys, and explosions as far as the eye can see
    and only one will survive, I wonder who it will be
    this is the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2007-11-16 at 09:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lussmanj View Post
    I just have one thing to say about this thread....

http://www.ultimateshowdown.org/
    That fight tends to be full of people who have no clue what they're talking about.

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by lussmanj View Post
    I'd put money on the Cleric...Blibdoolpoolp is THE most baddass god in the entire pantheon. He should have had the Watery Death domain, not That Darn Crab of Fax Celestis origin. Or maybe That Darn Crab IS the avatar of Blibdoolpoolp, in which case the Cleric would most definitely win, cause he would just cast Miricle and call for his diety to send That Darn Crab to grapple the wizard into oblivion.

Hmmm, I smell an epic story coming into being....
    Nevermind that Blibdoolpoolp is a she, a naked human she with a lobsters head and claws for hands mind you, but a she.
    What I do every time I see someone complain that their DM is a jerk just because some class/race/book/feat/etc. is not allowed at the gaming table.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Griffon

Is the bear trap around the monk's waist, wrist, foot, neck? Could the bear trap be something the monk is considered to be wearing? Is it a masterworked bear trap? Any enchantments?

I mean really, you need to give more details.

30. - Top - End - #30

How about a 20th level fighter/barb/frenzied berserker/warblade guy who wins initiative every time vs. a dead wizard that has 1HD maggots crawling all over his carcass?

An awakened common house spider vs. a fully optomized 5th level monk!

A 20th level CW Samurai vs. a burned out light bulb, a load of laundry, and a time sensitive trip to pick up groceries!

An angry mob of commoners vs. a 2nd level druid?

A pixie knight mounted on a sparrow vs. a monk and all conditions favor the monk, somehow!

A 20th level monk vs. a 5th level wizard in a 30X10X10ft room!

A raging 1st level barbarian vs. the vending machine at work that ripped him off on a candy bar!
    Quote Originally Posted by McMindflayer View Post
    Of course, this still doesn't answer the question... "How does it POOP?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFurith View Post
    I roll a swim check on the street. Why not, right? Through a series of rolls I rob a bunch of people of 75g. I didn't actually notice their existence but I swam over there and did it anyway because this guy couldn't make sense if he tried.