New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous: The Video Game

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    Not sure if the request is still relevant but here goes. I will spoiler because some people are touchy about it, but even the spoiler will be vague.

Spoiler
    Show
    Paths are basically how you want your mythic path to be recognized. The adventure book has more basic archetypes like archmage, trickster, guardian and champion. The game however has a lot more flavor. You have to "unlock" your desired mythic path in Chapter 1 by doing a quest and then selecting the according dialogue option.

Examples you stumble upon are
    Angel: You're given the angelic sword, and you can "attune" yourself to it.
    Demon: Give into your rage when facing the prologue final boss.

There are more paths, including:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aeon (some lawful space time police), Trickster (lolrandomish fey person), Azata (chaotic good furry animal superhero), Lich (undead capital A Arcane caster), Angel (holy divine caster), demon (unholy melee brute)

Additonally at Mythic Rank 7 you unlock more specializations:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gold Dragon, Legend (remove all fluff, just become epic and gain another 20 levels of some class), Devil (when Aeon becomes evil) and Swarm That Walks (aka eat everyone and everything). Honorable mention goes toward the renegade Aeon, which is basically Dr Who (a timelord cop person that does NOT play by the rules)
    Spoiler: Spoilers
    Show
    Additionally, each path tends to have some sort of sub-path: Aeon's the most extensive, from what I heard, but for example Demon path gets affected by whether they learn to control their rage or let it control them, and sticking to independence or being willing to work with/serve other demons. Angel has choices between avenging angel and angel of mercy, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, Demon doesn't need to go melee, but I would recommend going martial for it.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Mythic Paths
    Show
    In addition, Azata can go bad to unlock Devil as well.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

3. - Top - End - #303
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    Not sure if the request is still relevant but here goes. I will spoiler because some people are touchy about it, but even the spoiler will be vague.
    Thank you. I'd picked a lot of that up, but seeing it all laid out was helpful.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

4. - Top - End - #304

DwarfClericGuy

Ember: Killing is bad and we should all avoid it
    Also Ember: Easily my most consistent DPS vs bosses

5. - Top - End - #305

Quote Originally Posted by Sloanzilla View Post
    Ember: Killing is bad and we should all avoid it
    Also Ember: Easily my most consistent DPS vs bosses
    Her ability to put most targets to sleep is one of my biggest enemy killers
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

6. - Top - End - #306

DwarfClericGuy

At some point, it moves from Slumber to Hellfire Ray, but she's still awesome.

7. - Top - End - #307

I'm probably going to want to change it, later, but I'm getting a lot of mileage out of Seelah having a mount instead of a divine weapon bond.
    The Cranky Gamer

8. - Top - End - #308
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    I'm probably going to want to change it, later, but I'm getting a lot of mileage out of Seelah having a mount instead of a divine weapon bond.
    That horse is unironically stronger than she is. Especially if you take the feats for it.

9. - Top - End - #309

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    That horse is unironically stronger than she is. Especially if you take the feats for it.
    If they're anything like animal companions in Kingmaker, they're essentially free extra party slots

10. - Top - End - #310
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Taevyr View Post
    If they're anything like animal companions in Kingmaker, they're essentially free extra party slots
    Better because there's a feat that lets them ignore DR and everything in this game has DR. I wasn't kidding about the horse being a better damage dealer than Seelah except in niche cases.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Plus, the horse is a free Outflank partner if you have her riding it. This time I decided to go with a Racer archetype for her horse so Seelah can full attack whatever she likes around the battlefield.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

12. - Top - End - #312

DwarfClericGuy

I didn't catch that only one type of mount let you do a full attack. But my Seelah's horse is one of the better members of my party.

Minor bug- the slayer dispel magic ability uses CL 1.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

One thing i don't like about mounts is that most of the good animal companions have a size increase built into their progression (which is good) but it doesn't stack with animal growth (which is bad). I'm not sure this isn't rules friendly, but it does mean that the only way to get a size increased medium character mounted is with horse, and size increases are good buffs.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Banned

My biggest problems were that the game seems to bug out constantly if you have someone mounted, and you have to re-mount every time you go through one of the eleventy billion loading screens in the game. I ended up just using the horse as a separate party member.

15. - Top - End - #315

DwarfClericGuy

Also, when your dinosaur dies- and he will die- you have to re-equip his items..every single time

16. - Top - End - #316
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    My biggest problems were that the game seems to bug out constantly if you have someone mounted, and you have to re-mount every time you go through one of the eleventy billion loading screens in the game. I ended up just using the horse as a separate party member.
    For me playing in turn-based mode exclusively, I was willing to go through the trouble of remounting every time if it meant full-round actions were still in play every single round for both Seelah and my Commander.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

17. - Top - End - #317

DwarfClericGuy

How are you supposed to remove a high level icy prison cast on your party? Rolling a 20 on str checks doesn't do it- since it is DC 45. Dispel magic works - if you roll a 20- but it also might remove any cold resistance. I'm just spamming resist cold over and over and sort of waiting for the 30 minute timer to roll down.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

How are you supposed to remove a high level icy prison cast on your party? Rolling a 20 on str checks doesn't do it- since it is DC 45. Dispel magic works - if you roll a 20- but it also might remove any cold resistance. I'm just spamming resist cold over and over and sort of waiting for the 30 minute timer to roll down.
    You could reload the fight and hope it doesn't stick
    Last edited by Gyro89; 2022-02-05 at 07:39 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319

DwarfClericGuy

A 20 on a strength check doesn't end the effect unless you have a high enough strength

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

Hence you try to increase the relevant party member's strength. Or wait forever. There doesn't seem to be anything but dispel or a boosted strength that can fix this.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

Casting Freedom of Movement should work. If it were tabletop, an ally could also just smash the ice. Not sure if it's targetable in game though.
    Last edited by Tome; 2022-02-04 at 08:36 AM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

22. - Top - End - #322

DwarfClericGuy

What about adding a "Mage's Disjunction" option? A level 9 spell that just spells all of that nonsense

23. - Top - End - #323

I'm having Seelah run up to Corungon Smash (I love it so much) and Cleaving Finish, then I'm going to load her and her horse up with teamwork feats. Precision strike?
    The Cranky Gamer

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    I'm having Seelah run up to Corungon Smash (I love it so much) and Cleaving Finish, then I'm going to load her and her horse up with teamwork feats. Precision strike?
    Outflank should be on all your melee characters.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

25. - Top - End - #325

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Outflank should be on all your melee characters.
    Woah, I missed the attack of opportunity. That's gonna have to happen.

Currently, my mythic powers are based around the idea that I am a Bard/Dragon Disciple using Power Attack and, therefore, cannot hit anything. So I've got a couple Mythic powers based around "Well, I missed, but screw you anyway." ;-)

Oh, and Regill looks stupid and I want to feed him to a woodchipper.
    The Cranky Gamer

26. - Top - End - #326

DwarfClericGuy

For Seelah-
    Dual Wield and take that mythic power where you do sonic damage if you miss. Currently, it stacks smite with str. In other words, you do around 200 damage a round ...when you miss.

27. - Top - End - #327

For Seelah-
    Dual Wield and take that mythic power where you do sonic damage if you miss. Currently, it stacks smite with str. In other words, you do around 200 damage a round ...when you miss.
    WHAT?

I mean, my PC has Thundering Blows. How would that get to 200/dpr?
    The Cranky Gamer

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Slight exagerations might happen.
    In this case she just gets the basic smite evil damage bonus added to her thundering blow damage.
    Though personally i dont think dual wield is a good pick for Seelah.
    She murders stuff just fine. But get a lot from being tanky as well.

Oh, and Regill looks stupid and I want to feed him to a woodchipper.
    Might look dumb, is a tiny murder machine though as soon as you upgrade his gnomish hammer.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

29. - Top - End - #329

DwarfClericGuy

Smite damage + 17 or so (At this level)
    Str damage + 8 or so
    Total 25 per miss

8 attacks w/ haste 8X25= 200 damage per round on misses.

Where is the exaggeration?

I do agree that you don't need to dual wield with her.

30. - Top - End - #330

I thought Thundering Blows damage was limited to once per round? That's what I've been getting.

https://pathfinderwrathoftherighteou...undering+Blows
    The Cranky Gamer