New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Upick 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by moonfly7 View Post
    Is that a hard written promise from the narrator or are we once again making assumptions based on past experiences and what it's been like before? I think using the existing precedent for knowledge is well and good, but information and how many of a role there is can change. I'd rather suspect it now and be wrong than be blindsided later on.
    I think it was a joke more than a "this is the case"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Much everyone (barring the Day 1 lynch) would have died during Night 1, so…
    Ah I had a plan for that based on a game when I first started where there were two wolf groups and the serial killer was in both. But there was a priority of some sort so only one of the three kills ever went off.

- - - Updated - - -

Also right... We are supposed to pick two names for that purple thing.

Eh. Avatar Vecna

I may have clicked the wrong color.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Firbolg in the Playground

I don't know, multiple serial killers could be their own thing so long as they needed to kill the other Serial killers to win.
    Interesting idea, by the way. Makes more sense than I'd like it to.

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Ah I had a plan for that based on a game when I first started where there were two wolf groups and the serial killer was in both. But there was a priority of some sort so only one of the three kills ever went off.
    I'm confused. If there are two groups of wolves, how's everyone a serial killer?

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Interesting idea, by the way. Makes more sense than I'd like it to.

I'm confused. If there are two groups of wolves, how's everyone a serial killer?
    My bad. My idea was to base an everyone is a serial killer game off of mechanics in a game where there were two groups of wolves.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler: Elenna night 1 ISO
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    I don't really like this, I get the temptation to use people's opinions to target if you have an investigative-type power, but it feels a bit like a wolf fishing for information to see who would be a good kill target. Same reason we generally avoid talking at night.
    Opposed to blades asking for wolf reads. Can come from town, but might also be a wolf afraid she or an ally gets called out.

Eh. In other circumstances I might see your point, but we just got a mafia flip with a bunch of discussion surrounding it. And even many of the people voting Cao weren't super certain. I expect a lot of the current reads are different, or at least more fleshed out, compared to the discussion before the flip.

I do agree that asking for wolf reads is less suspicious than asking for town reads.
    Sticking to her guns regarding night talk. The argument is fine in itself. She also reduced her criticism of blades. Still not sure what I schuld make of this.

AV's claimed to have two kill powers, one of which only works on the SK. Which makes me think that the other one only works on some other specific role. Survivor would be an obvious guess for that role.
    So yes, if you believe AV, then you might very well regret claiming... But I could be wrong about how AV's power works.
    (Plus there's the obvious worry that you're the SK trying the same strategy which worked for AV last game.)
    A specific anti survivor power... possible, but why? A neutral who has to hunt the other neutral is the only thing I could think of, but AV (later? ) claimed town.
    It feels strange. Like, a post that seems like analysis without mattering to the wolf hunt.

Wait, BW, is your role anti-SK or related to the SK in some way? I assumed the "SK's twin brother" part was a joke, is that actually part of your role?

EDIT: Ninja'd by BW. I'm guessing that's a no, then.
    A SK!Elenna might be afraid of another power hunting her. But this seems like a stretch. Probably NAI.

This.

(Also, if we are talking about credit, pretty sure I mentioned 'the sk was super powerful last game' mid D1, shortly after AV and Fext claimed. But also, yeah, it doesn't really matter who said it first.)
    Again, SK stuff.

Since everyone is posting night talk anyways, I guess I might as well join in.

If anyone bussed Caoimhin, I think it's most likely to be AV or Taffimei. Maybe BCH. I'd suspect BW of bussing, maybe, but they're the uncounterclaimed Survivor.
    @Snowblaze: is there a reason you don't think Taffimei was bussing?

Of the Cao voters, I'm inclined to think moonfly is town. Partly because it seems unusual for a wolf to make a counterwagon on someone Cao was pretending to townread, but mostly just gut feeling. Their posts feel like someone who is actually trying to wolf hunt.

I agree with those that have said the Captain Cap/Caoimhin interaction feels like planned distancing. Specifically the part where Cao keeps pushing Cap to take a side, and then Cap 'gives in' and votes Snow. Seems like it could be an excuse to avoid blame for defending a wolfbuddy.
    I also feel like there were others not picking a side but Cao was focused on Cap doing so. Would have to go back and reread to see if that makes sense.

gac tying it up to see what others would do is something I might have done as town in his place, so I don't really think it's as suspicious, although it could definitely also be an excuse to not vote a wolfbuddy.

bladescape is cryptic and I don't know how to read them.

I seem to remember that Rogan had some stuff I didn't like near the start of the day. Going to have to ISO him to see if that feeling holds up. He did hint at knowing the victory condition, but it seems the wolf victory condition also hints at an SK so I'm not sure how much weight to put on that.

I also wouldn't be surprised if there was a wolf in the people who didn't vote either Cao or Snow (Xi, Supagoof, and Fext) but none of them have much to really analyze.

@Fext please confirm if you're claiming neutral or town?

I'm extremely skeptical of the suggestion that people should be putting out less information, especially in a forum like this where a lot of people don't talk much as it is. I think this is more likely to be a playstyle difference rather than a wolf tell, though.
    Now, this is finally a long and beefy post.

Elenna is not in league with AV.
    Elenna is not in league with Captain Cap.

"tying it up to see what others would do is something I might have done as town" Is probably grasping at straws, especially since I had to snip the end, but you could continue the sentence with "but I am wolf this time, so I could not do it".

The Blades comment is valid, but not helpful. NAI.

The point about me knowing the victory condition being NAI is valid. But Elenna also pointed out something like that in PJ. I want to say she is suspicious for it, but this is too much OMGUS to be true. NAI.

She is repeating a point I made before regarding the off wagon voters. If she flips wolf, it's probably a small point in their favor. On the other hand, she is saying there is not much to analyze, but I think both Fext and Xi made some statements worth analyzing. I don't know how I should read this...

The last point regarding talking is good, but NAI. At worst, Elenna is using the same "play style differences" angle I used to interact with Mr Popo last game, where I was both honestly thinking his style was problematic and a wolf.

I don't see anything significantly townie. Nothing strongly scummy either, but there are multiple small points I don't like.
    All in all, a not very confident wolf lean and the lingering fear I am too easily influenced by the way people read me.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

5. - Top - End - #455

To be fair, bladescape gave us precious little to trust him for. There's a reason why I'm not participating in his little experiment either.

- - - Updated - - -

My bad. My idea was to base an everyone is a serial killer game off of mechanics in a game where there were two groups of wolves.
    Even if only one kill can go off each night, people who know they are serial killers would probably get suspicious once the second serial killer dies during Night 1.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

To be fair, bladescape gave us precious little to trust him for. There's a reason why I'm not participating in his little experiment either.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if only one kill can go off each night, people who know they are serial killers would probably get suspicious once the second serial killer dies during Night 1.
    True. Not a perfect plan.

Also we weren’t groups of wolves in Red Atlantic Cruise, we were town with additional win conditions.

7. - Top - End - #457

ClericGuy

Regarding multiple serial killers, either AV or Fext (or maybe both) said something about their role talking about "the serial killer". Singular.

Spoiler: All SK tangent
    Show

I think in order for this to work, you would need to make some significant adjustments to the usual play.
    First, you need to limit the number of kills actually going off. For example, the night kills could be treated like another vote, so only one person dies.
    Second, you must limit the death reveal to prevent it showing SK.

The game might work if ever killer had 3 abilities. The first one being the kill. The second a normal ability, like scry or protect. The third one being a fake identity, which will persist in death. In the death reveal, only the fake identity and the second power would be shown.
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

8. - Top - End - #458
    Barbarian in the Playground

If you have a game with all serial killers, and didn't do a role reveal......

I've run a few games with multiple wolf factions (See "Titans" in the archives). They worked fairly well. Not sure if they'd go so well today, I think the minimum people I needed back then was 20+ signups.

But back to this game, did I miss the spot where it said 2 people in purple, thought it was only one? And I still don't know for why, but with the dawn comes more information I hope.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post

I've run a few games with multiple wolf factions (See "Titans" in the archives). They worked fairly well. Not sure if they'd go so well today, I think the minimum people I needed back then was 20+ signups.

But back to this game, did I miss the spot where it said 2 people in purple, thought it was only one? And I still don't know for why, but with the dawn comes more information I hope.
    Oh... Maybe I messed up. I thought it was two. I'll mark out Elenna then.

10. - Top - End - #460

bladescape did ask for two.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

No no, it said two, he had to go back and edit it in though.

Also is the new day starting today? if so, when?

Edit: Forget that I asked, it's today at 21:00 GMT
    Last edited by moonfly7; 2021-10-19 at 03:18 PM.

12. - Top - End - #462

No no, it said two, he had to go back and edit it in though.

Also is the new day starting today? if so, when?
    In 43 minutes or so.

13. - Top - End - #463

Ok - so I missed the two.

Then

gac3

because I first purpled Cap.

And cap gac, said repeatedly, sounds a lot like the aliens in Mars Attacks.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok - so I missed the two.

Then

gac3

because I first purpled Cap.

And cap gac, said repeatedly, sounds a lot like the aliens in Mars Attacks.
    Oh wait... Was the purple supposed to be picking a wolf? For some reason I thought it was picking the next person to die.

- - - Updated - - -

Like a guessing game power or something.

15. - Top - End - #465

Oh wait... Was the purple supposed to be picking a wolf? For some reason I thought it was picking the next person to die.
    Shoulsn't the next person who dies also ideally be a wolf, though?

16. - Top - End - #466

SwashbucklerGuy

Wait a second, wouldn't you prefer a wolf to die next?

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, gac, of course...

17. - Top - End - #467

ClericGuy

- - - Updated - - -

The offer was to pick two people who are more likely to be wolf. It's supposed to help targeting the power use.

And now I have to go back and check what you said about this votes before... I think you mentioned them before in a very different manner.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    Wait a second, wouldn't you prefer a wolf to die next?

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, gac, of course...
    I thought we were guessing who would die in the night. I assumed a wolf wouldn't?

- - - Updated - - -

Shoulsn't the next person who dies also ideally be a wolf, though?

I mean sure. If wolves/serial killer kill a wolf for some reason.

19. - Top - End - #469

I thought we were guessing who would die in the night. I assumed a wolf wouldn't?
    I see.

wolves (…) kill a wolf for some reason.
    Now, that would be funny.

20. - Top - End - #470

ClericGuy

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Let's hold a special event tonight.

Related to my powers, who does town think the next wolf is?

Please vote for who you think wolves are with BOLD and Purple.

Like This.

- - - Updated - - -

Also please vote for 2 people each, not one.
    You can use it on me. Unless it will kill me. Can't guarantee it will be useful without more info but feel free.
    Since you asked for wolf reads, I am going to assume it is either an harmful power or something to detect evil. I would rather not die (at least, not for receiving one vote), but a scry or something like that would be fine.
    If I had to pick between Gac and Cap, I would go for Cap. Gac volunteering seems more likely to come from town.
    In theory I have a vote left, but I don't really suspect either one. So unless I find something suspicious, I won't vote for another one.

I will also go to bed soon. If you need me now, hurry. Otherwise, wait til tomorrow.
    I never did this so I'm going with my instinct. Probably doesn't matter at this point since votes are in.

Elenna

If it is relevant, I'm not sure why we agree because I'm not sure exactly why you think so but would you believe comments from Cape are the root of my reasons?

Also right... We are supposed to pick two names for that purple thing.

Eh. Avatar Vecna

I may have clicked the wrong color.

Well... you were volunteering to be a target for the power usage at first. My post stating it was asking for wolves was shortly after your volunteer post. But I'm not sure if you noticed...

Your behavior about this is strange, but I don't see a wolf motivation.

"Probably doesn't matter at this point since votes are in." What did you mean with this?
    Last edited by Rogan; 2021-10-19 at 03:54 PM.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Well... you were volunteering to be a target for the power usage at first. My post stating it was asking for wolves was shortly after your volunteer post. But I'm not sure if you noticed...

Your behavior about this is strange, but I don't see a wolf motivation.

"Probably doesn't matter at this point since votes are in." What did you mean with this?
    Doesn't day end in a matter of minutes? I assume me changing my purple vote won't change whatever is going to happen.

Also I don't think I actively realized when I volunteered that that was the same thing as the purple vote.

22. - Top - End - #472

ClericGuy

Doesn't day end in a matter of minutes? I assume me changing my purple vote won't change whatever is going to happen.

Also I don't think I actively realized when I volunteered that that was the same thing as the purple vote.
    Now? Yeah. When you posted the first vote, it was still going for some hours.

Still feels a bit strange, but without hostile motivation. And nothing to worry about now, at the last second.

I hope to see most of you tomorrow. (IG time)
    Show

23. - Top - End - #473

WolfInSheepsClothing

Night 1 End

Xihirli died last night. She was pinned to the wall with a crossbow bolt. Xihirli's role was Skye “Blue Angel” Zaizen.

Xihirli, you are Skye “Blue Angel” Zaizen, an ARSONIST ROLE BLOCKER and a member of the TOWN. You win the game if you kill every hostile character or nothing can prevent this from happening, and at least one member of your team is alive.

You have TWO abilities and may only use one per NIGHT:

Trickstar Summoning (Roleblock Priority): Once per NIGHT you may choose a living player. They catch on fire and are role blocked tonight (Fast Priority and other Roleblock Priority abilities cannot be blocked).

Trickstar Scatter (Kill Priority): Once per NIGHT, you may choose any number of living players who are on fire: they die. They are reported as having burned to death.
    Day 2 Start

The day will end at 21:00 GMT, 21/10/2021.

24. - Top - End - #474

Let me be a Survivor!

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, posted my previous one a bit too late but I'm glad I'm still living.
    Xihirli's dead... Her power had potential to say the least.
    So I guess either the Serial Killer was either roleblocked or their target was protected. Lucky.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-10-19 at 04:04 PM.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm... I'm so confused.

26. - Top - End - #476

Only one death? Interesting.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Well, we can certainly rule out Xirhli for anybody who mentioned her. Anyone learn anything from that? Beyond the corssbow bolt flavor, I'm guessing kill text is important for figuring out what the rolls are.

28. - Top - End - #478

Also, that's… Not good. Xihirli did have a kill power after all, and a roleblocker is always good to have.
    On the other hand, I'm somewhat relieved we won't have to figure out whose side she's one.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, we can certainly rule out Xirhli for anybody who mentioned her. Anyone learn anything from that? Beyond the corssbow bolt flavor, I'm guessing kill text is important for figuring out what the rolls are.
    I think I learned some things from that. But I will need a bit of time.

30. - Top - End - #480

Can we have some scry results, in the meantime?