New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: tomboys and troublemakers: a wfrp 2e game

Wighard tries hard to project a level of calmness and insouciance that he doesn't necessarily feel and watches in case anyone wants to break ranks and flee

Ok, that's a thing, I prescribe fire

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

you wait and nothing comes down towards the fangpit

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

When no horde manifests, Bertelis frowns in suspicion at the pit. “Flames, yes; but we cannot smoke up the shafts until we are ready to abandon them. We… must trust that once the evil creatures are gone, this sick influence will depart also.”

With a frown, Bertelis pierces the wet ground at his feet with the tip of his sword, on a whim. But presuming that doesn’t manifest anything major and odd, he directs the followers to leave a lantern nailed to the wall here, and put a couple of posts in the ground so they don’t stumble in on the way back up. After that, it’s all they can do to skirt the pit and descent deeper, seeking the place where the mine has struck whatever point of madness this all spills from.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-03-14 at 05:52 AM.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

As you wish Wighard returns to his position at the rear

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Grimgoth says nothing as he returns to his position in the formation. He grunts a bit and pulls the attention of those around him away from the pit.
    Nothing but a pit trap. Let's move on.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

the ground shudders slightly at the sword poke, then subsides. what now, brave adventurers?

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't think this mine is reopening," muttered Emil, "even if we clear it of all the monsters we can find. After we're done here, I think we should collapse the entrance."

He squared his shoulders and followed the others, sword at the ready.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Grimgoth shot the troublemaker a stern look. WHEN we purge this mine of its current invaders, the chaos taint will subside and this mine will once again sustain the town you all call home. Don't let despair grip your hearts but hold fast to your reasons for the task at hand.
    It was the most words the dwarf spoke in a long time.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

Agreed Wighard soundly approves of the taciturn dwarf

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

skirting the fang-pit, you continue downwards passing a long, dangly bit of flesh hanging from the ceiling. suddenly the ground rocks and begins to slope downward at a forty-five degree angle. may i ask for agility tests at -20 for everyone except grimgoth? (his test is at -10)

Spoiler: emil
    Show
    the winding eye in your pocket is radiating an intense heat

Spoiler: sir bertelis
    Show
    what is your last thought before you hear the rumbling?

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

For a moment, Bertelis imagines the mine is collapsing, and all of them will die buried under tonnes of rock, forgotten, lost. But with the weird, demonic-fleshy convulsion of the 'throat' they are in, the downward tilt may lead to a worse fate still. The heels of his boots give way immediately and he slaps on his back, and begins to skid and tumble.

The thought in his mind, frightful and coloring toward despair as his free hand begins scrabbling for purchase:

I have led these men here to die.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Emil barely had time to register the strange heat rising in his pocket, let alone wonder what it meant. This mine was out to kill them, and he did not intend to die in a dark pit.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Target 27: (d100)[90]
    Fortune: (d100)[19]

HAH!

Down to my last Fortune Point, though.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2022-03-16 at 11:03 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

everyone except emil tumbles into a waist deep (neck deep for grimgoth) pool of disgusting sludge. its also somewhat acidic, and will cause a wound every round until you're out. there appears to be a small ledge about 10-20 meters east.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    please roll 1d10 on a 1-4 you ingested some of this stuff, causing later trauma

Spoiler: grimgoth
    Show
    your move is halved in the sludge. oh and did you just see movement? i think that was a fin, or was it a tentacle?

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

Emil hurriedly fumbled for his rope and threw one end at those in the sludge. "From lightest to heaviest, please! Wighard, you don't look too heavy..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

Wighard surfaces but not before swallowing some of the vile stuff, wading towards Emil's rope he grabs hold

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d10)[4]
    Last edited by wilphe; 2022-03-17 at 08:28 AM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Show
    Rolling more than 4, please. (1d10)[1]

Aw, poo.

Bertelis surfaces, spitting, and wretching; but tries to take heart in the fact that the entire formation didn't get dumped in here; just the three idiots up the front. Damn.

"You next, dwarf. I'm all chainmail... and this muck will burn off your beard. Ahh!" He hisses, as the acid sears!
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-03-17 at 08:42 AM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Falling into the sludge with a splat Grimgoth sinks up to his neck in the vile stuff. Despite his best efforts of tilting his head back the grime gets in his beard and mouth. The sludge heavily coats his beard and starts eating away at it. In horror at the state of his beard he almost ignores the movement at the corner of his eye.
    Gladly Sir Bertelis but linger not. Unless my eyes lie you're not alone in that substance.

The dwarf readies himself to climb out next.

Show

To be clear it goes like this:
    Round 1: Wighard gets out. Grimgoth and Bertelis take a point of damage.
    Round 2: Grimgoth gets out. Bertelis takes a point of damage.
    Round 3: Bertelis gets out.

Round X: Stuff happens
    So I'm posting Round 1 actions as (1/2 action) moving towards the rope. And delay half action to attack anything that happens to make itself known.
    (1d10)[4] YUM!

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

wighard gets out and the things in the sludge make attacks against sir bertelis and grimgoth. they get +20% against grimgoth cause he's up to his neck

the one against sir bertelis misses, but the one against grimgoth hits

(2d100)[94][17](111)

(1d10+5)[13]
    (1d10+5)[12]
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2022-03-18 at 05:46 AM.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

As Wighard climbs the rope and Grimgoth trudges towards it the thing he saw moving makes an attack on him. He quickly moves to block the attack with his shield and slash back with his axe.
    Show

Parryvs62 - (1d100)[87] 62 is his normal WS not sure what modifiers would be in place.
    Attackvs67 - (1d100)[43] again not sure what modifiers might apply.
    If the parry doesn't work that attack did 12 before soak to the body. Between toughness and armor it reduces to 4 wounds.
    Damage - (1d10+5)[10][roll=Impact]1d10+5] rerolled the impact damage roll in ooc. The higher of the two damage apply if the Attack hits.
    I forget how we were doing initiative but should it be rolled/determined now?
    10 damage before soak to the right tentacle?

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

Wighard clambers out and goes to his canteen and medical bag

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

by some miraculous stroke of luck, the medical supplies are fine. the canteen is trashed.

meanwhile in the stomach acid pit: sir bertelis, your armor is starting to fizzle and spit. grimgoth, your attack misses by a mile and the tentacle coils around your midsection dragging you towards the small ledge, which begins to open, revealing more teeth
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2022-03-19 at 03:08 PM.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Bertelis grinds his teeth, feeling the acid eating into his chainmail - and searing the skin where the thick fluid is seeping through. When the tendril grabs Gimgroth, he sees a situation unfolding where Emil is holding the rope at the top, Gimgroth at the bottom, and there exists a possibility where the tendril drags them both into the pit of death. With an inarticulate bray of panicked fury, Bertelis draws his sword and strikes down at the taut appendage snaring the dwarf.

Spoiler: Taut Appendagectomy. OOC Rolls.
    Show
    vsWS56 - (1d100)[26], vsFateWS56 - (1d100)[89]. Damage (1d10+5)[12] Stupid tentacles!
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-03-19 at 08:17 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

the tentacle severs, spraying vile black blood all around the cavern walls. grimgoth gets dunked yet again, but doesn't swallow any more of the sludge. there is a deep growl that seems to come from the depths of the stomach and the sludge starts to flow away, slowly at first, but quickly gaining speed. if you don't get out asap, its unlikely you'll make it out at all.

Show
    what do you see for a split second that chills your soul?

Spoiler: wighard
    Show
    do you have any theories on what this thing your inside is?
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2022-03-19 at 09:00 PM.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

Wighard gives a brief curse and grabs the rope to assist in pulling Bertelis and Grimgroth out. He suspects that the mouth they bypassed was more than just a trap and was actually the mouth of whatever this is.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Bertelis rams his sword a few inches into the sloped floor. He tries very hard not to think about what the acid is doing to this sword - a weapon he has carried since he left his father's house, many years ago; a weapon that means a great deal to him. It is no magic blade; and the suffering the steel has taken must be as bad as what his chain is taking, to say nothing of what has made it through his layers and is angrilly searing patches of his skin. But a sword is not a knight, but treasured by the knight, and elevated for his sake, his father would say, just as a knight is not the people, but treasured by them and elevated for their sake.

He uses his now free hand to assist Gimgroth up the slope and rope, shoving the dwarf as frantically as everyone else in the effort.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Bertelis has, I think, spend two rounds in the goo now; so he's at 13/15.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

sir bertelis and grimgoth are lifted outta the sludge, as the foul runoff continues downstream leaving a parched and cracked walking path about five men wide. grimgoths chain mail loses an AP on everything but the head. sir bertelis' chain mail loses an AP on everything but the head and body.

Spoiler: everyone except emil
    Show
    you start hearing whispers in your head

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bramblefoot View Post
    Show
    what do you see for a split second that chills your soul?
    For a heartbeat, Emil thought he saw something in the sludge that looked like an oddly-shaped skull, but it was gone as quickly as it had appeared. Perhaps he had just imagined it.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2022-03-21 at 01:48 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Emil I fear you may have had the right of it. Leave and collapse the mine. It's too far gone. the dwarf grumbles as he inspects his splotchy beard. His mail armor developed severe pock marks all over it. I was almost a dwarf sized snack for whatever being of chaos that was. Thank you Sir Bertelis.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

Wighard does his best to ignore the voices in his head

If you have an intact canteen give it me now Wighard will take whatever potable liquid he can get and mix it up with the brown and blue powders from his kit, Mustard and blue vitriol, drink it and try to avoid tasting it. But it will empty your stomach out

Show
    All three of them are going to retching for the next few rounds

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Bertelis does as directed - the concoction is extremely appealing as an alternative to the unholy swell of interlocution rising up within his brainpan. So he doffs his helmet, drinks his medicine, and pulls to the side to ralph his guys out, violently in the dark. He gives the militia a weak but hopefully convincing thumbs up, indicating a general well-being aside from what they are seeing. In between bouts of expulsion, he confers with his comrades; shaking his head in disconcert with the desire to depart.

“No; no we cannot cease. This is… evil poison in the ground. Do such blasphemies ever just vanish? Will it ever be as -mild- as it is now, if we turn back? If we bury it, do we save the town, or doom the county? We cannot say. But we are here; and men have died for us to get this far. Perhaps our plan must change, though.”

He pauses, going off to one size to eject a mouthful of watery puke, and returns. “The altar - the meat thing. That must be the genesis of this cancer. When we broke it, we… we released something, or failed to kill it, or… something. If we can get to that chamber, if we find some kind of… heart, or core, we can strike it - perhaps directly with one of the mining charges. And then we can withdraw and see if the taint begins to retract. Perhaps… we send the militia back to hold the palisades. We turn this into a four-man scouting mission again. Less risk.”

While comfortable commanding in battle, the Bretonnian’s blue eyes furtively seek agreement from his sorely tested compatriots.