New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: tomboys and troublemakers: a wfrp 2e game

Wighard nods slowly trying to process this and think carefully about his reply

I had not chosen to press the issue

He pauses

It is not for a human to decide matters of dwarven honour

But I am grateful that your own sense of duty has bound yourself to me.

And as a non-dwarf I shall do my best to honour your service as much as any Karak King

As first part of this service I must ask that you advise me in how to best discharge this responsibility

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler: OOC: Setting?
    Show
    I'm gonna assume the conversation about the weapon is one we're having as we're preparing to leave, probably to hop a wagon in the direction of, I guess, Talabheim? If no one has anywhere better to go?

Bertelis sees Gimgroth pulling Wighard aside, and guesses at the context. He busies himself with his own thoughts, turning over the pilfered magical flambard in his hands, and having another side-to-side if not face-to-face conversation with Emil. It's not small talk; the slow approach to the topic suggests a genuine, percolating thoughtfulness.

"...What do you think, then, with a night to have thought it over? The burghers, I mean. Do you trust them to hold to their word?" During the meeting with the council, Bertelis had held to his role and let Emil speak in the defence of the injured and slain militia; chiming in only to confirm military facts like the severity of the threat abated, and the conspicious blessing that it is that they should have returned at all, let alone been victorious. But it's plain for a man of Emil's insight that Bertelis, however far their mutual late friend the professor had brought him on how he views the common man, is adrift when it comes to judging the character of merchants - those he calls 'money-men'. A non-trivial portion of the burgher council is made of such folk; and the knight clearly has doubts even though the discussion appeared to go smoothly. "I had considered we might go via the seat of the county, and try to impress upon lord there the neat to invest patrols around Trundheim. The goatmen were organised - resentful of our meddling. And if we hadn't meddled, what might have happened? I wonder if the town's chances increase if we appeal higher."

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

the company of the burning slug leaves trundheim, and the first day goes smoothly. you stop at a coaching inn and find a small merchant caravan going to talabheim as well. they'll pay 5 gc a day for protection from bandits and other things. the night passes smoothly, and we cut to your players entering the drakwald

will everyone roll perception and will one person also roll a 1d100?
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2022-04-15 at 12:02 PM.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler
    Show
    (Edit: well, a put a question mark inside the roll tag. Now it thinks I cheated. Trying to fix…

Perception - (1d100)[86] for perception - that’s a fail
    ??? - (1d100)[42] for the other)

Riding just ahead of the group on Abelhard with Rainier trooping along as Siobhan practices her riding nearby, Bertelis scans about - but doesn’t spot any threats…
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-04-15 at 10:12 AM.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Gimgroth has trudged along closer to Wighard possibly than in the past. He has kept silent for the most part but spends some time at night training Siobhan in wielding an axe. He disguises this as teaching her to chop wood for the fire the proper way.
    Spoiler: oOC
    Show
    PerceptionVs38 - (1d100)[29]

6. - Top - End - #426
    Troll in the Playground

Wighard keeps close to Grimgroth, listening in whilst he discusses dwarf stuff with Siobhan

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

(1d100)[27] Perception 61. 71 if visual

7. - Top - End - #427
    Troll in the Playground

you all get the feeling that someone is watching you in the back of your mind. wdyd?

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Bertelis, with suspicion dawning on his expression, unlimbers his lance, and puts up his shield.

"Take care, Siobhan. Take Rainier and stay between the caravans." He lifts a hand to stop the caravan, casting his eyes about, looking back over his shoulder to his companions.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

Wighard remembers that subtlety is not something the Lady of the Lake considers a virtue, but still decides to play it cool on his end.

Look alive Gimgroth, trouble brewing

Whilst his demeanour is casual he grabs a bolt and begins gently spanning his crossbow
    Last edited by wilphe; 2022-04-16 at 07:32 AM.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

adelhard whinnies and pulls away from the left side of the trail

the rest of you notics a small glint of metal about 20 yards down the trail

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

there is a flurry of arrows, and two horse-sized spiders with goblin riders charge the caravan. one intercepts sir bertelis and the other goes for the caravan.

sir bertelis is hit by a bite. please make a toughness test or take an additional 1d5 wounds unreducable
    the goblin hits wighard for 11 wounds

spider riders
    (2d100)[21][89](110)

(1d10+5)[8]
    (1d10+5)[7]

goblin arrows

(3d100)[100][25][77](202)

(1d10+3)[8]
    (1d10+3)[11]
    (1d10+3)[11]
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2022-04-16 at 05:35 PM.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Goblins! On massive spiders, no less! Bertelis has heard of such monstrosities, but never faced any; and as he tries to pull away on Abelhard to break into a circling run, he is alarmed to find the spider scuttling sideways in tandem with him. Growing with effort, he stabs out at the spider while Abelhard rears, and kicks!

Spoiler: Attacks!
    Show
    Swift Attack from Bertelis; Abelhard, alarmed by the spider, will make a guarded strike to gain a potentially useful defensive bonus.

Bertelis strike 1: Vs56 - (1d100)[95] for LanceDamage - (1d10+5)[10] OR LanceDamage - (1d10+5)[15], whichever is higher. -10 to defend against this attack. Whiff!
    Bertelis strike 2: Vs56 - (1d100)[54] for LanceDamage - (1d10+5)[11] OR LanceDamage - (1d10+5)[14], whichever is higher. -10 to defend against this attack. Crunch!
    Abelhard strike 1: Vs20 - (1d100)[33] for HoofDamage - (1d10+5)[7]. Whiff!
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-04-16 at 06:11 PM.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

FP 3

Wounds 7/13

Init 12

++++++++++++

The goblin arrow nicks Wighard's left bicep causing gore to flow, he ignores that and also suppresses the voice in his head telling him that that was an unacceptable affront and he should totally charge them across open ground

What he does do is take cover behind the nearest wagon, yell a warning, Take cover and send a bolt towards the spider heading towards the caravan

Show
    Half Action - Move into cover
    Half Action - Shoot spider (1d100)[20] 34
    (1d10)[2]+3

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Gimgroth | 16/16 wounds | 2/2 FP
    Gimgroth caught a glimpse of the goblins moments before the ambush was sprung. Noticing Wighard take an arrow out of the corner of his eye the dwarf grunts a dwarven swear that roughly translates into Death to Greenskins and rushes forward to meet the unengaged spider rider.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Full action charge
    WS - (1d100)[65] hits vs 82.
    ImpactDamage - (2d10)[4][5](9) highest +5 10 damage to body.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

Emil drew his sword, eyes flitting left and right in search of wherever he was most needed.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (d100+47)[102] Oops, messed up the roll. I re-rolled it in the OOC and got a 57.

Half action to ready my weapon. Cannot charge this round since it's a full action.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2022-04-17 at 10:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Troll in the Playground

sir bertelis:

the lance hits the spider, to minimal effect. the spider will make a bite attack against adelhard (it hits). the goblin will make an attack against sir bertelis (it misses)

(2d100)[43][59](102)

(1d10+5)[11]
    (1d10+5)[8]

grimgoth: the spider and his rider will attempt to trample you and make it to the caravan

(1d100)[76]
    (1d10+4)[11]

wighard: you notice your vision is doing the little flashing lights thingy. can i get a toughness test or take a -10 to all ws tests during this combat?

emil: can i get a perception test?
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2022-04-18 at 01:57 AM.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

Wighard shakes his head and clears his vision as he reloads his crossbow

What do you see Emil?

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Abelhard wickers in suffering as the spider latches on for a moment and sinks fangs into a haunch; Bertelis shouting in sympathetic alarm and not even noticing the goblin's weapon rattling off his armor. In haste, he drops his lance to the earth, draws the Trundheim Flambard, and leaps from the saddle to confront the spider at fang-level.

Side to side with his steed now, he tries to protect the bleeding courser; and wills it, with all his might, to withdraw; but Abelhard's training has been to go into the fray, not away from it; and he knows no command that would make him abandon Bertelis. Rearing up defensively, the beast makes another wild kick at the head of the spider.

Spoiler: Abelhard's attack!
    Show
    Vs30 - (1d100)[95], for (1d10+5)[15] Horse Damage. Misses! And it would have been such a good hit! ;_;

Bertelis spends the turn dismounting, and readying a new weapon.

Bertelis - 15/15, 4/4 FP
    Abelhard - 7/14, 0/0 FP
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-04-18 at 02:36 AM.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bramblefoot View Post

grimgoth: the spider and his rider will attempt to trample you and make it to the caravan

ImpactDamage - (2d10)[8][9](17) Not sure why this screwed up dice but maybe because I quoted a roll number and rolled in the same thread.
    [roll4]
    Gimgroth | 16/16 wounds | 2/2 FP
    The spider reared up on six legs striking down at Gimgroth with the raised two but the dwarf was able to knocked the attacks aside before moving in with some strikes of his own. Gimgroth's first blow was a deadly swipe of his axe towards the spider's head.

Show

I'm interpreting the above that Gimgroth was able to keep the spider rider engaged and not allow it to pass to the caravan.
    Full Action = Swift Attack
    Attack 1
    WSvs72 - (1d100)[51]
    ImpactDamage - (2d10)[10][10](20) highest +5 Dwarven Fury confirmed in OOC for 23 damage to head.
    Attack 2
    WSvs72 - (1d100)[79] Miss!
    ImpactDamage - (2d10)[8][9](17) highest +5
    If the spider did get beyond Gimgroth he would have gotten a free attack for it leaving and charged it on his turn so still got two attacks.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

Being targeted by arrows spurred Emil to action. One glance at the battle told him that Grimgoth was doing alright on his own, and so the agitator launched himself at the spider attacking Bertelis's horse.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bramblefoot View Post
    emil: can i get a perception test?
    Vs. 63: (d100)[91]

Charge attack vs. 54: (d100)[54]
    Damage: (d10+4)[13]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

grimgoth: the spider crumples with an axe embedded in its mandibles . the goblin is thrown clear and lands prone on the ground. dazed, the goblin gets up

sir bertelis and emil: the spider is wounded, but still alive. it snaps at emil, missing. and the goblin makes a swift attack against sir bertelis. one hits one misses

(2d100)[42][89](131)

(1d10+4)[14]
    (1d10+4)[8]

(1d100)[66]
    (1d10+5)[6]

wighard: you hear the "waagh" and a pair of orcs enter from behind the caravan
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2022-04-18 at 04:54 PM.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

The bellow of the arriving orcs chills Bertelis' blood. If this battle is to turn into something other than a massacre, they must thin their enemies very quickly.

Shouting as the goblin strikes down on him with the weight of the spider's push, the knight slides back on his heels behind the ward of his shield to find Emil beside him, stabbing into the chitinous monstrosity.

Buoyed by a comrade's intervention, he lashes out once, twice, three times; the flame-curl of the flambard flashing wildly with the wild blows.

Spoiler: Attack!
    Show
    Swift attack! Three attacks, because the mighty sword gives him +1 attack!

And I'm desperate enough to get this spider off the board I'll reroll any of these attacks that miss.

1stVs56 - (1d100)[78], or FPVs56 - (1d100)[62], for Damage - (1d10+5)[8]

2ndVs56 - (1d100)[65], or FPVs56 - (1d100)[61], for Damage - (1d10+5)[8]

3rdVs56 - (1d100)[93], or FPVs56 - (1d100)[10], for Damage - (1d10+5)[12].

AbelhardVs30 - (1d100)[12], for Damage - (1d10+5)[11].

First priority is the spider. If the spider dies at any point on this, the attacks will naturally progress to the grounded rider, possibly with a bonus if he's on his butt.

Result: Yuk. Spent all my FP, and still only the one mediocre hit! Hopefully, between Bertelis' 12 damage and Abelhard's 11 damage, that's enough.

Bertelis - 15/15, 0/4 FP.
    Abelhard - 7/14, 0/0 FP.
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-04-18 at 05:12 PM.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

the spider goes down, purple blood leaking from a multitude of cuts. adelhard kicks the goblin in the ribs and he goes down, clawing at himself

the orcs close with the caravan and make charge attacks against the driver and wighard. the driver is killed, wighard is missed

(2d100)[14][95](109)

(1d10+5)[11]
    (1d10+5)[11]
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2022-04-18 at 05:17 PM.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

New foes had entered the fray and Emil could hardly afford to get delayed by a single opponent. A string of curses tumbling from his lips, he struck back at the spider with his ichor-stained sword, hoping to finish the job quickly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aimed attack (+10).
    To hit, target 54: (d100)[76]
    Damage: (d10+4)[9]

Pain lanced through his chest from his arrow wound, and he failed to hit his target. His swearing redoubled.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2022-04-18 at 10:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

FP 3

Wounds 7/13

Init 12

Wighard switches to his axe and yells back WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! chopping at the orc Nice Choppa, here's mine!

Show

(1d100)[6] WS 44
    [rolvl]2v10[/rollv] +3

(1d100)[78] WS 39 Shield Parry

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Get that damage roll right
    Show

Not done v rolls before

(2d10)[1][7](8) +3

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Gimgroth | 16/16 | 2/2
    With his first axe swipe taking the head of the giant spider Gimgroth feels his ancestors blessing his strength and directing his axe blows. He sees the gobling rider struggle to its smelly green feet. Rage at the little thing for simply existing takes over the dwarf. He swings his axe at it.
    Then he notices the pair of orcs attacking back at the caravan where Wighard is. Gimgroth remembers that he owes an honor debt to the man and charges at the orc engaged with Wighard swiping out at the orcs leg.
    Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Ok spending a FP for an extra 1/2 action. To take a swing at the goblin rider.
    AttackvsWS72 - (1d100)[85] spent FP on reroll in OOC this hits body
    ImpactDamage - (2d10)[1][5](6) highesr +5. For 11 wounds

Then Gimgroth will full action charge the orc on Wighard.
    AttackvsWS92 - (1d100)[49]
    Impact - (2d10)[3][8](11) highest +5 hits left leg for 13 wounds

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

grimgoth:

the goblin falls poleaxed to the ground. dead or stunned, you can't be sure. but you dont get hit with any melee attacks as you run towards wighard.

sir bertelis: the gobbo archers all aim and fire at you. all hit
    (3d100)[24][58][19](101)

(1d10+4)[8]
    (1d10+4)[13]
    (1d10+4)[5]

the orc will make a swift attack against wighard. one hits one misses. the other one will interpose between grimgoth and its brethren, and make a swift attack. both miss

wighards orc
    (2d100)[12][78](90)

(1d10+6)[15]
    (1d10+6)[13]

grimgoths orc
    (2d100)[65][93](158)

(1d10+6)[13]
    (1d10+6)[16]
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2022-04-19 at 08:22 AM.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

15 less 4+1 = 10

Which is a +3 crit on his right arm

(1d100)[23]

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

And I will be spending a Fate Point to not have that happen.

The orc in question thinks he has dealt a fatal wound but in fact Wighard is just bleeding and knocked to the ground