New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: A Fort Aegis Thanksmas

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [A Very Beary Thanksmas]

"It has been deal with. But that's about all the dark I can share in a public place and without my superiors' authorization," Michalson says curtly.
    [A Very Beary Thanksmas]

"Okay, so your saying that I can trust Ithuriel now then? Cool." Unless he was shapeshifter too!

Nah, probably not.

"But hey, speaking of procedures if you ever need any help with your law-enforcing, as long it isn't bad laws, you can always give me a call!" Anika declares as she puts her hands on her hips.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    [Sous Chef]

"...Oh." Well, that was a slightly disappointing answer. Siana was hoping to hear more about Sam Prime (while resisting the urge to add "Rib" to his name), but Sam Bacon II is still enough of a presence for her for the moment. "I assume you don't want to talk about that Pretty Bad Day, either, then." She sighs, giving a rueful little smile and shaking her head. If it was bad enough that cloning was deemed necessary, it was probably pretty traumatic... though knowing Sam, also likely epic.

"So, with that, I guess we should talk about something a little more here-and-now-ish. Like the food." She grins. "What exactly do you bring to a party like this?" She hasn't seen the spread yet and probably can't enjoy most of it, unless Sam bothered to bring those honey-mired maggots she's come to like so much (a simple but delightful recipe), or something similar.

...Ah, what the heck. It's Thanksmas. She can be a little unhealthy today if something's appealing enough.
    Sous Chef

It was definitely not epic. Sam got forced into trying to assassinate someone and poisoned himself, resulting in losing his right arm.
    "The thing about Thanksmas is that it's supposed to be warm and homey. So the food has to be comfort food, which generally means warm and hearty things, plus sweets. Though some cultures like cured foods or fish. Curing isn't something I really have the facilities to make but it's not hard to buy elsewhere." That's what cities are for.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #333
    Orc in the Playground

Santa

Natalie, who has totally been here all along, approaches. She's an eighteen-year-old human woman, with black hair brushing her shoulders and green eyes. She's wearing a pair of red wellington boots, black tights and a yellow skirt, with a black hoody on, marked with the GLoG logo in green. She looks around, surprised at the complete lack of a queue, before waiting for Santa to wave her over.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #334
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Santa

Natalie, who has totally been here all along, approaches. She's an eighteen-year-old human woman, with black hair brushing her shoulders and green eyes. She's wearing a pair of red wellington boots, black tights and a yellow skirt, with a black hoody on, marked with the GLoG logo in green. She looks around, surprised at the complete lack of a queue, before waiting for Santa to wave her over.
    Santa Felandria arrives to take her turn at the Thanksmas Throne.

She happily waves Natalie over.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

5. - Top - End - #335

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Sous Chef

It was definitely not epic. Sam got forced into trying to assassinate someone and poisoned himself, resulting in losing his right arm.
    "The thing about Thanksmas is that it's supposed to be warm and homey. So the food has to be comfort food, which generally means warm and hearty things, plus sweets. Though some cultures like cured foods or fish. Curing isn't something I really have the facilities to make but it's not hard to buy elsewhere." That's what cities are for.
    [Sous Chef]

Siana nods slowly. "Well, that's good to hear." She says with a little smile. "Maesdan tradition holds to a similar pattern." So at least she won't need to spend a long time learning what is and is not considered appropriate cuisine for Thanksmas. "I'm sure there's still a lot of food around here I haven't seen. Would you care to show me?"
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

6. - Top - End - #336
    Orc in the Playground

Santa

Natalie smiles at Fel and climbs onto Santa's lap, smoothing her skirt rather nervously. "Hi, Santa. Um, been a good few years since I've come for a visit." And Earl can't recall if Fel has been Natalie's Santa before, when she got the photo album of her family, the jetpack she never uses, or the book of conjuration and stage magic that was her first Thanksmas present.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

Sous Chef

Sam nods and waves over to the banquet table. There's various stones and accoutrements to keep things warm.
    "Well, I started out with a plate of cured meats before going to a tray of the usual fruits and nuts and cheeses to munch on, three kinds of roast for various carnivores paired with veggies. Keep those simple if you can. Carbs are easy, mashed potatoes and stuffing, regular potatoes for those who can't do milk. Then you get the fishes, I keep those simple too. And that's our first drop. Now the sweets..."
    Explaining all of those might take up to an hour.

8. - Top - End - #338

[Sous Chef]

Fortunately, Siana's an attentive student, and throughout the impromptu lecture, she'll ask a few clarifying questions about the ingredients and techniques Sam used, as well as the intended effects thereof. She seems pleasantly surprised by the sheer variety of dishes in front of her; she's somewhat familiar with common kitchen staples like chicken, sugar and potatoes, but even some of the less exotic foods are fascinating to her; before tonight, she's never really had much of a chance to sample chocolate, for example.

It's love at first bite. Small wonder she'd go on to try to find the best sources and forms of it in town.

"So..." She begins, nibbling on a piece of fudge. "What are we going to do with the leftovers? Even a party like this still has to produce a few... nobody's touched the prune turnovers..."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Kids These Days

"I-I mean, I think I get into trouble far less than him, so. Like, y'know, responsible in comparison." The kitsune smooths back some of the hair tucked behind her ear, suddenly a little nervous at being the center of focus. I mean, didn't she end up getting help from the Rizzos in the first place because Eliseo found her trying to lockpick her way in? The girl's clearly more capable of getting into trouble than she looks.
    [Kids These Days]

"Mmhm." Nadia smiles.

Eliseo rolls his eyes again. "Okay, stop it, mom." His patience is short for mom antics.

"Alright. So what do you two want to do? See Santo maybe?"

"We're kinda old for Santa, mom." Eliseo reminds her.

10. - Top - End - #340

Kids These Days

"I mean yeah, but - doesn't this one actually, like, give you presents and stuff?" Anastasia raises an eyebrow over at Eliseo, clearly looking at this in much the same way that some might look at trick-or-treating out during Spooktober - though that might not be a fair comparison, because Anastasia definitely has more Spooktober than Thanksmas spirit.

"Instead of that though...." She shrugs, briefly looks around for what activities might be visibly available, and then concludes; "Snowball fight?"
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

11. - Top - End - #341
    Orc in the Playground

Santa

Natalie smiles at Fel and climbs onto Santa's lap, smoothing her skirt rather nervously. "Hi, Santa. Um, been a good few years since I've come for a visit." And Earl can't recall if Fel has been Natalie's Santa before, when she got the photo album of her family, the jetpack she never uses, or the book of conjuration and stage magic that was her first Thanksmas present.
    Well, dear, it’s never too late.

You’re here now, and that’s all that matters, now how can Santa help you?

12. - Top - End - #342

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Table]

The slimegirl appreciates being warmer, and apologetically keeps her distance from the man.
    She thinks, and taps her face with her finger to show that she's thinking.

She nods.
    Yes, mute.
    She gives a thumbs up.

The slimegirl tries to think of some way to ask how he made the area suddenly warmer, but has trouble trying to figure out a good way to ask that. She almost gives up, but then suddenly - The slimegirl points at the man, then rubs each of her upper arm with the other hand, as if shivering or to warm up. She then gets a look on her face as if she just asked a question and is waiting for an answer.

Meanwhile

Harley also feels warmer.
    So does her baby.
    Feeling warmer is good, and they both like it.
    [Table]

It's a good thing the man had spend lots of time spying on people or communicate in silence. It makes it easier to understand things, even if it is different from person to person.

"Good to know." he replies to her thumbs up.

"Me?... Cold?...Hhmm, no I'm not cold at all. Kinda possible to understand it that way, but assuming she will then have either a very confused look or shake her head he rethinks what she means. Especially since it should have to do with something that happened recently. At least this is not one of those start a smalltalk question.
    "Maybe you mean why it got warmer? Well I have a little controll over air and i used that to heat it up. Sounds simple, but it is kinda hard to manage."

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Reginald shakes his head vigorously at the notion of eating small creatures like Mr C, then he looks around for Fel and spots her approaching, then makes happy Reginald noises.

There you are, buddy!

Enjoying your little sleigh?

Fel is wearing her Santa outfit, preparing for her turn in the Santa throne.

I see you found Mr C.

How is your Thanksmas, so far, Mr C?
    "Cold." Mr. C replies.
    "I kinda got stuck in an avalanche. A bit of a hazel for me while others just walk through it, but I am used to that. On the other hand I am able to squeez under the couch to gather the coins there while others can't fit their hand in there." he says.
    "Oh you seem to prepare for your turn?" he mentions as he notice her outfit. Then his eyes seem to focus on the thorn as far as they can. They are after all just sewn on black orbs like a knot.
    "You might get your chance now." he says not breaking the coninuity. They can still talk assuming it happened befor Fel got Santa.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #343
    Orc in the Playground

Santa

"I've got an older brother. He's not in the Nexus, and... I'm not sure I want him here, either. He's safe where he is, I think. But I'd like to know he's OK, so if your bag has something that could help with that, I'd be very grateful." Natalie shifts slightly, looking down as she thinks of her brother.

14. - Top - End - #344

[Table]

When the man doesn't quite get what she was saying, the slimegirl shakes head and tried to think of another way to ask it.
    Luckily! She doesn't have to do that, because he figures it out anyway.

When he gets it right, the slimegirl nods quickly. Yup! That's what she asked.

She mimes leaning on a desk, with her head in her hand, as if prompting him to go on and elaborate, while her other hand moves in a circle, saying the same thing, that he should say more about it. How does him controlling air work? What are the limits to it? And various other questions she has about his amazing air-control power, but that she thinks it would take a whole lot of effort to figure out how to ask.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sous Chef]

Fortunately, Siana's an attentive student, and throughout the impromptu lecture, she'll ask a few clarifying questions about the ingredients and techniques Sam used, as well as the intended effects thereof. She seems pleasantly surprised by the sheer variety of dishes in front of her; she's somewhat familiar with common kitchen staples like chicken, sugar and potatoes, but even some of the less exotic foods are fascinating to her; before tonight, she's never really had much of a chance to sample chocolate, for example.

It's love at first bite. Small wonder she'd go on to try to find the best sources and forms of it in town.

"So..." She begins, nibbling on a piece of fudge. "What are we going to do with the leftovers? Even a party like this still has to produce a few... nobody's touched the prune turnovers..."
    Sous Chef

"Oh, we'll probably just give the leftovers to the kobolds and/or the local charities."
    "Meow."
    "No, Pippin. None for you. Chocolate is not good for space-kitties.
    But yeah, kobolds can eat more than you'd think. Maybe it's the dragon blood? Not sure. Why, were you planning on taking some home?"
    Sam asks.

16. - Top - End - #346

[Sous Chef]

Siana gives Sam a playfully-offended smile. "Why would I do that? If I find myself craving any of this stuff, I can come upstairs any night of the year and just have some." She's a little overconfident in her ability to prepare it herself or convince Sam to do it, but she does have a point; for all intents and purposes, she lives at the MERC office now. She eats there, she sleeps there, she bathes there (well, showers, but eh), and she works there. Between that, and the fact that she barely eats any of this stuff in the first place, she wouldn't really have any need to bring it back with her.

Siana smiles and leans on her cane. "I can attest to the dragon blood thing, though. It's a rare day when we can do it, but my uncle, brother, sister and I can really pack it away when the opportunity presents itself. And I'm pretty sure they were like that before the strigoi curse. There's a reason we have so many sayings about overindulgence." She gives a little laugh, which fades out just a little too soon. As great as her life with MERC has been so far, she still misses her brother and uncle. At least she can visit her sister without issue.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Sous Chef

"Hm. Maybe. You'd be hard pressed to beat the reigning champ, though." Sam says with a sage nod before leaning in.
    "That would be me. I'm reigning food champ. Benefits of never gaining weight." Sam adds a guffaw for good measure. Of course his belly is plenty round (even if even a cursory look at him makes his musculature under that layer apparent) but perhaps he means he doesn't gain more than he already has? Regardless he remains oblivious to Siana's plight.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ghost in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora Alchemi View Post
    Spraypaint and Blackfire

"Sandy beaches aren't even where the best spots to windsurf are, so you are in luck there. The places with really high clipping breeze so that you can get the big waves and a good sail speed are more rocky, with tide pools and things. Always something to eat in those pools too, if you get a bit hungry." Clearly Raine was particularly food motivated, perhaps some sign of not having enough to eat, or having to fight over food in the past? At the half-angel's question however, Raine gives a quizzical look. "Well duh I do? Cleans way better then anything else, has a lovely weighted blanket feel to it, helps my scales stay strong and tempered as long as it's hot enough. It's real nice, really. Plus sometimes you can find gems and things kinda floating in the hot rock, like a bonus payday."

Raine rubs her chin some, squinting. There was something about the tagging that people should do if they wanted it to be appreciated... What was it again? "Have you tried tagging a disliked politician's house? I think folks like that way more than if you just do the... like... back side of the local grocery or something?" Finishing with the heaping serving of food, the dragoness guides the pair to a pair of armchairs not terribly far from the warm and crackling fire, before sitting down. "Pshh featherbrain that's quitter talk. [Fork] your parents, do whatever you want. As long as you aren't like... hurting good people, I mean." Raine gives a slow shrug. "Which is probably why I shouldn't kickbox. Unless.... Do you think they have kickboxing clubs for like.... Metal elementals? And yeah, I had considered playing with metal once or twice, but my fire's not the right kind. Too destructive. Althoughh.... Maybe a band could be cool. Wasn't there one of them hardness music bands that like, lights themselves on fire as they sing about stuff? What kind of music do you listen to?" Raine seems to recognize that her conversation partner wants to move on, but there's a sense that the dragoness thinks the teenager should stand up a little more. "No country though, can you imagine me ye'hawing?"
    [Spraypaint and Blackfire]

"Oh really?" Maybe windsurfing was something that could end up being pretty fun. "I don't got any of the stuff needed for windsurfing though." She decided not to comment on the whole just eating stuff out of rockpools thing. Atsede wasn't really the seafood-loving type anyways. "Uh right then..." Was all she could say about Raine's lava baths. She had thought that might've been a joke but apparently not. Nope, she actually bathes in lava. "...I guess that makes sense..."

"I dunno, I don't like... follow politics. Wouldn't know whose place to tag. So I usually just look for a nice big plain wall with nobody around when I'm doing my thing. I'm not doing it to be appreciated anyways." Exactly the opposite, in fact. As much as she did enjoy the art, she wasn't vandalizing to make some profound statement. It was more of a big "[fork] you" to vent her general frustrations about her life. Raine's next words would spark a bit more of that bitter rebelliousness in Atsede's voice. "Hey, I already do want I wanna regardless of what my parents think! I don't listen to em! It's just... ugh, you won't understand." Atsede didn't really want to talk about her home life anyways. She'd much rather just relish her freedom away from it when she could. "And don't call me featherbrain!" She added with a huff.

She sat down in the armchair, digging into some food to help calm her indignation a little, before continuing to reply. She had no idea about any elemental kickboxing clubs, but as for music... I would like to pick up the electric guitar, actually." Just that she had no money for it. Nor a space to play it, as she almost certainly wouldn't be allowed to at home. "I haven't heard of such a band myself, but I mean, all sorts of weird stuff happens here, wouldn't be surprised. I do listen to other metal bands though! And a decent chunk of rock too." And some emo stuff but we don't talk about that. She chuckled, trying to picture Raine dressed up like a cowboy strumming a guitar. "Definitely not country. I could imagine you yodeling though," she joked. "I imagine you have a similar music taste to mine?" Though maybe more intense. Or quite possibly there was some weird genre of music made by dragons or something she had never heard of. Even after a year in the Nexus she hadn't gotten to go out and learn all there was to discover nearly as much as she'd have liked to.

19. - Top - End - #349

Sous Chef

"Hm. Maybe. You'd be hard pressed to beat the reigning champ, though." Sam says with a sage nod before leaning in.
    "That would be me. I'm reigning food champ. Benefits of never gaining weight." Sam adds a guffaw for good measure. Of course his belly is plenty round (even if even a cursory look at him makes his musculature under that layer apparent) but perhaps he means he doesn't gain more than he already has? Regardless he remains oblivious to Siana's plight.
    [Sous Chef]

"That'll be a mutual advantage." Siana points out with a little smile. The only time her uncle's gained any weight was a clearly supernatural event; he's been trying to lose it ever since, to absolutely no avail. "But I think you'd take the crown just for being able to digest that food. Even if one of us ate the same amount as you, we'd probably be too exhausted to continue by that point. Unless we're eating honey maggots or blood oranges or something." She catches herself and gives a little smirk. She's seriously talking about a hypothetical eating contest with her boss. That's a new experience.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

20. - Top - End - #350

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Table]

When the man doesn't quite get what she was saying, the slimegirl shakes head and tried to think of another way to ask it.
    Luckily! She doesn't have to do that, because he figures it out anyway.

When he gets it right, the slimegirl nods quickly. Yup! That's what she asked.

She mimes leaning on a desk, with her head in her hand, as if prompting him to go on and elaborate, while her other hand moves in a circle, saying the same thing, that he should say more about it. How does him controlling air work? What are the limits to it? And various other questions she has about his amazing air-control power, but that she thinks it would take a whole lot of effort to figure out how to ask.
    Table

And she thinks right. He does kinda catch up well, but having such a detailed understanding about her questions is out of it.

"There isn t much to say. I just can controll it. Like oddering to move. I can do that in a way you can rub your hands to get it warm just on a very small level. That causes the air to heat up."

Just going with moving the aie so it rubs at itself causing energy to turn into heat.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Kids These Days

"I mean yeah, but - doesn't this one actually, like, give you presents and stuff?" Anastasia raises an eyebrow over at Eliseo, clearly looking at this in much the same way that some might look at trick-or-treating out during Spooktober - though that might not be a fair comparison, because Anastasia definitely has more Spooktober than Thanksmas spirit.

"Instead of that though...." She shrugs, briefly looks around for what activities might be visibly available, and then concludes; "Snowball fight?"
    [Kids These Days]

Nadia tactfully refrains from commenting. She's not totally unaware of what it's like to be a teenager.

"It's kids stuff." Eliseo shrugs his shoulders, with all the dismissal of someone who doesn't really want for anything. Ana's next suggestion is more kids stuff arguably, but it gets a grin out of Eliseo. "What? You want me to pelt you with snow?"

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sous Chef]

"That'll be a mutual advantage." Siana points out with a little smile. The only time her uncle's gained any weight was a clearly supernatural event; he's been trying to lose it ever since, to absolutely no avail. "But I think you'd take the crown just for being able to digest that food. Even if one of us ate the same amount as you, we'd probably be too exhausted to continue by that point. Unless we're eating honey maggots or blood oranges or something." She catches herself and gives a little smirk. She's seriously talking about a hypothetical eating contest with her boss. That's a new experience.
    Sous Chef

Hmm. Given the nature of Sam's build Sam undoubtedly gained more weight when he was given his current replacement body if you consider him and the original Sam one person for the sake of his memories. But still, he's also had to deal with learning not to turn too fast lest your belly bump into something like Kyrie has had to.
    "Well yeah, I can digest quite a bit. Comes with the territory of having a custom bio-engineered body. It's not really fair in most cases. Plus the extra arms. It's alright, though. Gotta make up for giving me this mug, huh?" Siana is probably used to his self-deprecation at this point. It's not the Sam doesn't like himself. He's just aware that his face is not conventionally attractive by any means.

23. - Top - End - #353

[Sous Chef]

"Function over form, chief." Siana agrees with a smile. "Ah, but I wouldn't worry about it too much in your case. You got a healthy helping of both." She gives him an assuring pat on the shoulder, which is quite difficult, given their height difference. "But, then again... bio-engineered body." The way she says it imitates Sam's own cadence of speaking, as though she expected him to say it at the same time.

It's around this time that a certain ex-ARC agent will make her way up to the pair of them. "Hey, guys!" Rose smiles up at Sam. "Well, well. Who's this hamsome fella?"

Siana gives a little "see? What did I tell you?" gesture with her free hand.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

Sous Chef

"Oh, hello Rose. I'm your cook, remember?" Sam was told that Dipsnig had assigned Krayger to supervise a rookie, but they haven't spoken before. Maybe Rose has tasted his cooking, though?
    "Meow." says Pippin the space-cat.
    Sam's cooking might even be able to beat out Rose's hotbox. It's the secret ingredient of love.

25. - Top - End - #355

Kids These Days

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gullara View Post
    [Kids These Days]

Nadia tactfully refrains from commenting. She's not totally unaware of what it's like to be a teenager.

"It's kids stuff." Eliseo shrugs his shoulders, with all the dismissal of someone who doesn't really want for anything. Ana's next suggestion is more kids stuff arguably, but it gets a grin out of Eliseo. "What? You want me to pelt you with snow?"

"Please," the kitsune rolls her eyes - although her body language makes it very clear it's all in good jest. "It doesn't mean that I'm not like, perfectly capable of kicking your ass just because I'm not your mom." She grins. "Besides, I don't hear you suggesting any better ideas."
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

26. - Top - End - #356

Sous Chef

"Oh, hello Rose. I'm your cook, remember?" Sam was told that Dipsnig had assigned Krayger to supervise a rookie, but they haven't spoken before. Maybe Rose has tasted his cooking, though?
    "Meow." says Pippin the space-cat.
    Sam's cooking might even be able to beat out Rose's hotbox. It's the secret ingredient of love.
    [Sous Chef]

"...I think you might have taken that overly literally." Rose giggles. "I know who you are. Incidentally, um... I think I owe you a grouper fillet and some tangroot."

Siana stiffens slightly. "She and miss Olvisin, ah, borrowed some earlier. Ended up putting her in the infirmary."

"Like anything good does!" Rose smiles. "Don't worry; I've already placed an order with a few of the grocers in Inside. Shouldn't be long before replacement fish arrives. But that's not really here or there." She steps forward and offers the space-cat her hand, nonverbally asking permission to pet the small creature. "I was actually hoping to get to know you a little better. This party seems like a good opportunity to do that, you know?"

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

27. - Top - End - #357
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Table]

It's a good thing the man had spend lots of time spying on people or communicate in silence. It makes it easier to understand things, even if it is different from person to person.

"Good to know." he replies to her thumbs up.

"Me?... Cold?...Hhmm, no I'm not cold at all. Kinda possible to understand it that way, but assuming she will then have either a very confused look or shake her head he rethinks what she means. Especially since it should have to do with something that happened recently. At least this is not one of those start a smalltalk question.
    "Maybe you mean why it got warmer? Well I have a little controll over air and i used that to heat it up. Sounds simple, but it is kinda hard to manage."

"Cold." Mr. C replies.
    "I kinda got stuck in an avalanche. A bit of a hazel for me while others just walk through it, but I am used to that. On the other hand I am able to squeez under the couch to gather the coins there while others can't fit their hand in there." he says.
    "Oh you seem to prepare for your turn?" he mentions as he notice her outfit. Then his eyes seem to focus on the thorn as far as they can. They are after all just sewn on black orbs like a knot.
    "You might get your chance now." he says not breaking the coninuity. They can still talk assuming it happened befor Fel got Santa.
    Felandria looks over towards the throne.

Yeah, I need to head over there soon.

I always try and be Santa at least for a little bit, I do love the look in someone’s eyes when I give them the thing they want most out of that bag.

Everyone deserves something nice on Thanksmas, you know.

Speaking of which…..

Felandria pulls a small box from a pocket and sets it down next to Mr. C

Merry Thanksmas, Mr. C

I’ll see you around soon, let Reginald know if you need a lift anywhere else.

Fel smiles at Mr C before heading off towards the Thanksmas throne.

- - - Updated - - -

Santa

"I've got an older brother. He's not in the Nexus, and... I'm not sure I want him here, either. He's safe where he is, I think. But I'd like to know he's OK, so if your bag has something that could help with that, I'd be very grateful." Natalie shifts slightly, looking down as she thinks of her brother.
    Of course, dear, I’m sure I have something in here that can help.

Fel reaches into the magic bag and pulls out what appears to be a small hand mirror.

This should allow you to check in on all your friends and family and see if they are in any danger.

Just think hard about the person you wanna see and the mirror will show them to you, so you can see how they’re doing.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Orc in the Playground

Santa

Natalie gasps and takes the mirror, turning to Santa and grinning. "Thankyou, Santa. This is perfect, and better than I expected." She'll give Santa a hug- as much as she can, anyway- and hops off Santa's lap with it.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sous Chef]

"...I think you might have taken that overly literally." Rose giggles. "I know who you are. Incidentally, um... I think I owe you a grouper fillet and some tangroot."

Siana stiffens slightly. "She and miss Olvisin, ah, borrowed some earlier. Ended up putting her in the infirmary."

"Like anything good does!" Rose smiles. "Don't worry; I've already placed an order with a few of the grocers in Inside. Shouldn't be long before replacement fish arrives. But that's not really here or there." She steps forward and offers the space-cat her hand, nonverbally asking permission to pet the small creature. "I was actually hoping to get to know you a little better. This party seems like a good opportunity to do that, you know?"
    Sous Chef

Sam scratches his head.
    "I knew those things were too specific for me to eat and forget about.
    Um. Whaddaya want to know? I'm mostly here to supply food. Properly speaking I should probably be in the kitchen by now."
    It's true; it's only thanks to Thanksmas Magic that he somehow has time to cook, serve, and talk.

30. - Top - End - #360

[Sous Chef]

"Oh, you know, just the usual." Rose replies with a little lilt in her voice. "Favorite color, star sign, predisposition for long walks on the beach, that sort of thing."

Siana blushes and shuffles away nervously. She might not quite get what Rose is hinting at, but she knows this is the part of the conversation where she'd typically be shoo'd out of the room. "I'll just, um..." She makes some vague gestures toward the food, before quietly excusing herself.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]