New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Secret of mana IC thread Part II

In regards to the spell duration inquiry: "Half an hour, just about. I will renew it with time to spare."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ken isn't much of a diplomat, so he lets the others do the talking. He tries to give a friendly smile, but isn't sure it comes across as intended.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The giantess moves towards the talking amphibian and Vesuvio, she positions herself accurately and bends a knee. After 10 minutes of talking Lord Xantaro looks at her a bit dismissive. There seems to be some talking and the amphibian whips itself around and faces you apparently a spell at the ready, but he snuffs it out after some more words of his aide. Then seems to excuse himself with Vesuvio who points decisively and with some sagely nods towards you. Before slithering towards you Lord Xantaro takes a hand to one of his ears and seems to listen intently. When the amphibian looks at you his eyes seem to be filled with more curiosity than anything else. He does speak your tongue and he seems way more fluent than the other fire amphibian.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm gonna guess that Thaum refreshed the protection at about now.

Lord Xantaro greets you. It seems we seem to be in a bind, but we also have a solution if you want to hear it.

He pauses for courtesy, then continues. Lord Xantaro and the Lord of all flames just finished doing they're greetings, there is a bit of a pause after this, as is common and we heard that with one of you is great talented entertainer. As it is known we are a great patron of the arts and would be humbled to hear or see your entertaining performance. We would even be gracious and extend our pause a certain amount of time, that you could as questions to the Lord of all flames, even if this is normally not part of the regularities but we see the value of a good performance and would be delighted to reach out a helping hand in this novel circumstances.

Lord Xantaro spreads his fingers in a unknown gesture, behind him Vesuvio gives you an encouraging thumps up.

Spoiler: Performance
    Show
    This is probably on Jahn's shoulders. If you have an idea to somehow enhance his performance he gets a +2 (Coney would throw some fireballs at fitting moments to enhance the performance, Eliana is a bit over her head and can't contribute.)

I trust you and I'm pretty sure that if you have an idea Jahn would get a +2 (though still tell me in the IC or OOC, perhaps it get's an even better circumstance bonus.)
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2022-10-04 at 12:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

d6 Re: Secret of mana IC thread Part II

Jahn flashes his big smile and directs the others into positions around the "stage". An area designated by Jahn with no obvious limitations or boundaries. He whispers some instructive suggestions to the others before casting Silent Image to create a curtain. The curtain lifts out of view (out of the Silent Image box) up to reveal Jahn and two illusory females made from flame, imitating parts of Iktnek's dance as best as Jahn remembers. As the dance draws down the illusory spotlight lands on Jahn and the illusion vanishes as Jahn begins to sing an enchanting melody (Expending Bardic Music to empower all creatures here, including any valid targets of the audience with Dragonfire Inspiration +2d6).

"Oh how the fire burns
    Deep in the soul's recesses
    The fire burns brightly

Illuminating
    Even deepest dark crevasses
    Beautiful dancing

Reverberating
    Dispelling all illusions
    Repelling the night

Fire, how we need you
    Seek comfort within your glow
    Save us from the cold

Annihilating
    Burning away wicked foes
    Leave nothing but ash

Exhilarating
    Woe to those fire would oppose
    Aid us, mighty fire."

At the last two verses Ken's Extended Spirtual Weapons clash above Jahn showering sparks over the "stage" from the magic of Dragonfire Inspiration.
    A few flaming arrows whistle upwards from Larimar's bow at the start of the final verse, followed by Coney's Fireball erupting in a mesmeric pattern emphasizing the final line as Jahn does a power-slide having gotten fully swept up into the spectacle.

Perform (1d20+18)[22]

Jahn climbs to his feet breathing heavily and gives a deep bow. "This performance was made possible only by the contributions of everybody here." Jahn does a little curtain call for the team and encourages them to link hands and bow with him, including Eliana, in the manner of a performing troupe.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-10-04 at 02:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah," Thaum comments the offer, and Jahn already begins the planning. As the curtain forms, Thaum decides to administer a few augmentations, taking the form of the healer applying a quick massage of the back of Jahn's neck and shoulders to help him limber up. But more importantly, Undine mana flows, providing as much aid as Thaum can give in a situation like this, granting the warrior-bard even more confidence than he normally has (!), making him more limber, and finally granting the gift of luck. During the performance, Thaum hangs back, and during the high points of the performance, he sends out humidity into the air, manipulating it with the spray and forming a wall of wind, to dramatically fna the flames (so to speak) and draw up embers like a grand moving tapestry in the background.

Thaum also suggests to Coney to create bursts of glitter (preferably where they will not blind anyone) to enhance the show.

At the end of the show, he bows along with the others, one hand also holding one of Coney's ears as she bows by way of presumably bobbing forward.

Spoiler: BUFF TIME!
    Show
    Jahn gains the following buffs (FIY, some of the numerical bonuses are increased by 1 from the normal spells due to Thaum's Extension of Blessing class feature):
    guidance (+2 morale to the next skill check)
    eagle's splendor (+4 enhancement bonus to Charisma, so net +2 increase, so +1 to the Perform check)
    prayer (+2 luck bonus to skill checks; the present fire beings are not declared enemies, FYI)
    divine agility (+10 enhancement bonus to Dexterity; no, this doesn't help with a Perform check, but man are Jahn's moves smooth)

Thaum casts wind wall for dramatic effect.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2022-10-04 at 12:34 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Larimar attempts to spin around and do some cartwheels when it seems appropriate, but he still fires the flaming arrows as was originally planned!

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    tumble: (1d20+11)[21]

plus any other buffs we're caring to throw in for the show!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The small audience of three seems to be mesmerized by the performance. The conjured flaming bodies procure surprised gasps and when the song hits, weapons clash, sparks shower the audience and the athlete, glitter explodes and rain down in cascades followed by the final fireshow with Larimar's arrows and Coney's fireball, even more lights, sparking showers and colorful whirls are birthed out of it. Both the fire giantess and the Salamander are stunned in awe, followed by thunderous clapping from the giant, which the salamander Lord nearly joins in, but he holds back and gives a more regal clapping till his aide stops. The sprite also seems to be quite impressed by the performance, pumping his fists in the air.

When it comes to the bowing Eliana who hadn't an idea how to enhance the performance pours some alchemist fire over herself to show her contribution while Lord Xantaro slithers towards Jahn. Lord Xantaro was quite impressed by your performance, should you be in the vicinity of the city of Brass Lord Xantaro would be honored to have you as his guest. We do have rooms to accomodate you and not burn up. You should also take this, it seems only fitting that Lord Xantaro parts with it to give a performer as you this small boon. He reaches out his hand and gives you a small red candle.

Spoiler: Candle
    Show
    Pretty much like this. candle.

Which doesn't seem to melt and also doesn't flare up in the surrounding heat.

Have your talk with the Lord of all flames, I shall rest a bit over there.

When you get towards the sprite of fire he greets you, also in your tongue.

"Greetings, I'm glad that Lord Xantaro liked your performance this much. I already heard you sing outside and was a bit worried if you would really come inside. But it seems you are quite well prepared. How may I help you, wanderers?"

Spoiler: Map and OOC
    Show
    Serious meeting happening here.
    The performance was pretty grand and all of Thaum's bonuses applied of course, with the smoothest moves ever granting another +1, Thaum, Larimar, Coney and the sprite himself! gave each a +2 to the check and because I liked the spectral flaming swords that much, that gave another +5. Eliana's action didn't enhance the performance but at least she felt like she was contributing. With that we should get a final score of 41 (that's why grand performances are better, everyone adds they're points^^.)

Because you will find it out sooner or later the candle is a candle of Limited wish You light it by losing a 1st Level spell slot (or prepared spell) which takes a standard action and the following round you can make your wish. After that the candle is totally burned up.

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Jahn humbly accepts the candle "Thank you. I would be honored to perform in the fabled City of Brass for you again." and quickly stows it into his haversack for safe keeping, knowing they'd only bought a short amount of time with the fire sprite.

Once in front of the fire sprite Jahn wears a big unusually dumb smile on his face as he beholds the sprite in person, like he's a little star-struck. After a brief moment he manages to compose himself enough to speak a bit "First I want to thank you, great fire sprite. The gift of your fire mana has let us win many battles. We come here to seek to your wisdom. We're in pursuit of a few ne'er-do-wells, two of which we've been told have passed through this area. The Claw-Birthed Lady and the Black Rabite. We were hoping you might be able to tell us something that might aid us in our mission. Though I will admit I also had a personal motivation simply to meet you."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"I do believe our meeting was inevitable in a sense."

There is no visible reaction from the sprite of fire in regards to the Claw-Birthed-Lady but when "Black Rabite" is dropped he visibly shifts, his eyes darting around his domain before landing on you again.

"I did heard from this Lady you spoke off. She was mentioned but did not try to approach me and she wasn't even near my domain." He shifts a bit and comes closer towards you. Lord Xantaro who listend quite interested before feigns disinterest and curls around itself to laze on his tail and gazes away from you. His aide looks away too.

"Shade and Wisp both got in contact with me regarding the... Issue. And mentioned that some could come to contact me. I guess that's you're lot. I can't add that much I'm afraid just that we try to gather some whisps of information here and there. I'm inclined to offer one of you a pact but I'm currently deeply involved in some political dealings considering Nevarl and I'm really, really bothered that if I cut the salamanders short there may be some unwanted mayhem. If you're still needing my help in, say, 4 months and come here we can cook something up, but that's not all I can offer you."

He floats a bit away from you, which immediately let's Lord Xantaro curl around to look at you again, his ears twitching with interest.

"Some embers whispered to me." The Salamander Lord grins somewhat. "That the Lady you spoke off try'd to woe different individuals."

And some of them have decided on a whim that they're not interested. This seems to be new information for the sprite who flashes you a genuine smile.

"It seems she was able to sway some greedy dwarfs, some ice fairy's waaaay up north in Altena, some humans and others are gathering under her banner. There are even rumors from a fallen Laurentian amazon. If you truly decide to stand up against her be prepared against everything. The goddess may be with you."

Vesuvio floats towards Jahn and lays a burning paw on his shoulder, seeking the eyes of the musician.

"You were doing a greater deed than you may realize now, don't underestimate what you can do, even if it isn't your magical talent."

Vesuvio then floats back again and adresses you.

"Are they're any other things you may ask me?"

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Jahn ponders and asks "There are many threats that are vying for our attention. Great fire sprite, which do you believe needs to be addressed with the most urgency?" Jahn also glances at Thaum, the knowledgeable healer usually having more to add in these situations before deciding it must be the overwhelming mana of the fire sprite causing their undine-aligned healer some discomfort.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Noticing Jahn looking to him, Thaum looks back at him with a quizzical look. Apparently expected to speak, the healer says "With Altena a likely candidate as our next travel destination, can you tell us any more about the mentioned 'ice fairy', or the other servants of the Lady, for that matter? Additionally, do you happen to know what what caused the increased undead presence in the desert, and who supposedly is hunting them down? Outside of that, I have no further questions."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The sprite of fire seems to wage on Jahn's words, he hesitates a while before answering.

"It's your decision. It seems all the threads are culminating on one person, you should concentrate on that before going out of your way to reach other targets."

Towards Thaum. "My knowledge towards her servants is pretty limited I fear, the fairy's are not known to be cruel or evil as far as I know, none of her remaining servants has very strong connections to me at least."

In regards to the undead Vesuvio seems to be very conflicted, he looks around a bit shifty, wants to begin to say something and in the end settles with.

"I'll let fate decide who wins this particular conflict. Is what I would like to say but it's a bit more complicated and to be honest I probably shouldn't tell you because you have much more important things to do but being silent about it is annoying me a bit and..."

The sprite stops himself, breathes in and continues a bit more relaxed.

"I'm not allowed to tell you to much but some people stole something, that made the undead stir more than usual, Nevarl hired some undead-hunters and that made them even more aggressive." Vesuvio mimics with his hands, flames behind him vaguely outlying what happened. "Whatever was stolen is probably still in Nevarl."

Eliana piques up. "I could probably find out what is stolen... Perhaps when Aned comes back we could try to take care of that matter if you want?"

Show
    What I wanted to write in the post before but totally forgot.

Ice Fairys: Make a Knowledge:Nature check, only trained, except if you are from Altena, then you can do it untrained.

Laurentian Amazon: Make a Martial Lore check, only trained, except if you're from Laurent... Which I'm pretty sure none of you is.

You can take care of the undead thing yourself, I just wanted to give you the possibility to hire someone else if you deem other matters more interesting/urgent.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

In regards to the Lady's servants: "Thank you nonetheless. Any warning is worth more than none at all."

To the matter of the undead, Thaum says "Given we know little of Nevarl and frankly are not the most covert of fellowships, for the most part, you and Aned may have better chances. However, it may be more prudent to discuss this in Nevarl, not in the midst of an active volcano."

Thaum bows to Salamando. "Given the fleeting nature of our protections and to not make the lord wait any longer, I would like to take my leave. I wish you much success in your endeavors."

Show
    Did everything I wanted in this scene, so if the party is also done, Thaum gets to exiting the volcano with the others.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"Thank you for imparting your wisdom, fire sprite. I sincerely hope that your further business negotiations result in positive outcomes for all involved parties." Jahn says, acknowledging Thaum's consideration of the limited duration of their protections from the hostile environment. "Farewell."

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Farewell, I do look forward to the day we may meet again." The Salamander Lord graces you with the effort that he uncurls himself and gives you a graceful nod when you are leaving. His aide waves goodbye. The salamanders at the entrance part before you and they too wish you good travels. (a phrase that common sounds unusual from the tongue of a salamander.)

You leave the most atrocious heat quickly behind you and travel towards the oasis as a small reprise but before you can reach it you get approached on your nightcamp, but this time not by a horde of undead but instead by a swirling mass of winds and sand that seems to carry a letter of some kind.

The small elemental hovers towards Ken and trys to give it to him, but the perpetual winds that make up his being make a throw out of it.

The mass of whirling winds and sand somehow gives off the impression that it's sorry about that.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ken chases the letter down before it blows too far away.

"Thank you" he tells the winds.

He reads the letter, and frowns.

"Uh, guys. Remember how I mentioned I used to be a mercenary? I may not have mentioned that it's the group at the oasis. My old friend Ophelius is warning me that they plan to ambush us there. He says it's because I left, but they are pretty racist which is probably the reason. We'd better steer clear of the oasis."

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"Is there anything we need around the Oasis, or any old scores you have to settle, Ken? Or are their numbers so great that going would simply be idiotic?" Jahn asks, curious to his elven partner's history but not wanting to pry too directly.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ken replies ”My old coworkers suffer from a lot of false beliefs, but I wouldn’t feel good about killing them. And though I think we could take them, any friends I might still have among them would be in danger. So, since it’s a fight we can avoid, I think it’s best to do so.”

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah, might as well. Unless you think we could make a bunch of convincing disguises!" Larimar says.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

As the small elemental leaves, Thaum says "Thank you for the delivery."

Hearing the contents of the letter, Thaum sighs. "Avoiding the oasis strikes me as the prudent option. I rather doubt we will fix personal feuds and prejudices in an evening." No stopping at the water, but the healer will just need to tough it out.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"If we wouldn't had someone to make water it could be deadly to be unable to get to the oasis. I didn't thought these guys would be that bad." Mentions Eliana, waving towards the elemental.

Thanks to Coneys cloak and Thaums help, combined with Elianas lay of the land you don't encounter any problems on the way towards Nevarl, avoiding the oasis.

When you arrive in Nevarl Coney who had been a bit more introverted the last few days had been shocked by Shades revelation and has some thinking to do till she decides if she wants her clouded memories even back. She will stay in Nevarl and help in the investigation there, while she isn't particularly covert has a tendency to talk people over.

There is a cannon station in Nevarl ready to shoot you towards any greater city for a measly 100 Gold. The market is also still open to you if you need some supplies.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

With Coney leaving the party for now, Thaum says "Please do let me know if you wish your memories returned." The healer hands a bag with two-thousand gold to Coney and Eliana (preferably without strangers watching, as he is not entirely oblivious to their current surroundings). "I hope this will aid on in your endeavors, whether to procure supplies, aid, or to help convince potential informants. Please do not feel obligated to return anything left over."

When they have a moment to discuss what to do next, Thaum suggests "I motion for our next destination to be Altena, as our next primary lead appears to be there, in form of the cult leaders. It is not unthinkable that they may have help there, in one fashion or another. I simply hope any collaborators are of the mundane variety, instead of Altenan Witch Soldiers, which would be dire indeed. Perilous for our party, and deeply troubling for the state of the magic kingdom."

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"Altena sounds like an appropriate next step. Though before we go, I believe I have some unattended business here in Nevarl. I'll be quick about it and will be prepared whenever we're ready to use the cannon station." Jahn says, somewhat enigmatically.

Once the group is settling in to rest and recover at one of Nevarl's inns before departing for the next leg of their journey, Jahn heads over to the Noxious Scorpion to see if he can meet up with Iktnek. His intention to swap stories, learn some dance moves and perhaps collaborate on an impromptu performance before he leaves town. If the mood is right, he may even make an effort at flirting with the Thri-keen dancer at a time when she is likely to be less inebriated to gauge her interest.

Show
    Unless there's some important sub-plot or information there, this is just fluff. I don't want to bog the game down too much with some Jahn-only side plot after dragging the group over to visit the Fire Sprite.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

After preparations and some merriment were to be had, the next leg of the journey brought our journeys to the cannon station of Nevarl, where a swift travel could be easily had for just a meager 100 gold per person (familiars and the like ARE included in this.)

Cannon travel may not be the most comfortable but it was way faster even than the groups spectral horses.

This time there was a bit of a line but fast enough everyone was searing through the sky, while tumbling through the air at rapid speed, breaking through some clouds. Some frigid cold may have touched you briefly but then you come crashing down to the ground... Only to land perfectly safely, just with a hint of tumbling. You have landed on a village square, surrounded by timbered houses, some of them are tipped with a load of snow, some are clean of the white powdery stuff that only seem to exist in certain places and despite the occasional snow the temperates were actually quite nice. Like a mild summer day. The people around town don't seem to look at you all that interested, it seems a regular occurence that someone comes flying through the sky and landing in the village square.

Some seem to shovel snow with improvised tools, some are using cantrips to do the same, you have arrived in Alrant the seaport of Altena.

Show
    Jumped forward a bit, you can of course still buy and sell stuff in Nevarl if you haven't done your business already. Because you probably want to do some investigation into a cult, you only need to tell me roughly how you want to get information and roll something (probably Gather Information, but I'm sure you also find other possibilities). Should you're not sure what to roll just roll a d20 and I assign the fitting skill.

Town: Alrant Pretty much this, but with less snow.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Thaum picks himself up from the ground, dusting off a bit of errant snow on his clothes. The healer does seem far less tired in these lands, though his hair has taken a turn towards a teal color (before putting up his hood), and he sighs heavily.

"Here we are," he says, recognizing familiar surroundings, though they do not necessarily provide some sort of comfort. "We should begin our search here. Perhaps we will not need to visit the capital. Settlements here are kept temperate, however the same is not the case for the Frostbite Fields. Lacking our mounts will also make for a more arduous journey." He sighs again as he heads out of the area usually aimed at by the Cannon Brothers.

"I'll start at the inn, see if I can learn anything." He wordlessly greets any people he passes, heading over to said inn. He inquires about available rooms and especially what food they currently serve, as part of that asking whether they have seen any people matching the descriptions of the cultist leaders. But also to have an Altenan meal. He is back in his homeland, and that circumstance is not all that of a happy one, but at least he can get rid of a little homesickness this way.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Thaum doesn't really have any of the active research skills, so instead I'll roll Diplomacy? (1d20+18)[21]

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Jahn lands with his normal excited demeanor. This time, he made appropriate preparations and though he's left a bit dizzy from the cannon-trip manages to keep any food he's consumed inside of his body.

"There's actually a place in Althena that I've heard about and want to visit: an observatory of the stars. Given that many diviners study the heavens for omens and prophecy, there's a chance we may learn something interesting there." Jahn says as he wraps his cloak tightly around his body and begins to shiver. His teeth start chattering too. Even winters in Valsena weren't quite so cold.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The first inn the "Brewery, Booklery and Bakery" is rather typical for Althena. Not only do they have various interesting brews (from the Althenan ice-shock a strong clear liqour to the Valsenan plant root beer a heavy dark beer) and colorful baked goods often in varying forms like a snowflake or flames, they also have a small assortment of booklets from entertaining prose to local news and of course the newest magic theories "straight from the capital".

The local cuisine is rich in fish and a almost classical assessment to a lot of the foodstuffs is a heavy dark sauce containing a hint of fish but is mostly rich in local spices which may sooth a homesick heart or fire it up.

Rooms are available, either a larger common room or single rooms. Inquiries about the famous observatory get some excited remarks, it's in Althena proper the capital and definitely worth a visit. Hearing the music of the stars is an experience that is truly unforgettable.

Though inquiries about some possible cult leaders gets some blank stares. One sounds like some madman that want to "toughen themselves up in the frigid cold". When they are around then they are definitely not usual guests.

Show
    Meals are between 5 copper (relatively poor) and 5 silver (exquisitely good) common room accomodations would be 1 gold per night, (for all) or 1 gold per person per night for single rooms.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Larimar brushes himself off. "I keep telling myself it's not so bad, but I don't know if I'll ever get used to travel by cannon..." he grumbles.

He peers around. "Huh. Charming little place isn't it? Warm weather and snow? Sounds kind of fun."

It seemed they were wandering around aimlessly for now.

"I'm not so sure directly asking about cults is a good idea," Larimar says. "Hm. Is it just me, or have we had a conversation like this before?"

Larimar leaves a nice tip for the food servers. "Thanks! Never thought I'd say it, but you make fish taste good!"
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2022-10-24 at 07:35 AM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Jahn gets himself a large order of Valsenan Root Beer and starts thumbing through the booklets related to local news and new magical theories. The frigid Althenan atmosphere having left him a little too lethargic for an immediate impromptu performance.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ken tells Larimar "I rather like cannon travel. It's not the most comfortable, but it's certainly not the most boring either."

At the inn, he orders the good meal and tries some baked goods, and pays a gold to include the tip.

Aware that charming people is not his forte, Ken too looks through the booklets.