New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: The LA Assignment Thread XII: the LA-bors of Heracles

Quote Originally Posted by H_H_F_F View Post
    A spellcasting creature can always use somatic componnents. These things can wiggle something, I'm sure. Nonverbal spell feat could take care of any language issue, if there is one.

It's doable, and I can see it being worth it for fine size.
    Naturally spellcasting creatures can always use somatic components. Others have to use Surrogate Spellcasting. And the Ember Spawn arguably has no vocal chords that would qualify for "You must still have suitable appendages and vocal organs.". Worms don't scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    What about a celestial shrieker?

I think you mean Half-Celestial, since Celestial doesn't even give you SLAs. That said, I don't want to imagine an extraplanar, god-chosen shrieker fungus mating with another.

One could just go Sparrow Hengeyokai and stay in little sparrow form all the time. It comes with a 50' fly speed, much better stats and the ability to assume a form two forms that have none of the drawbacks associated with being a decidedly non-humanoid fine creature.

This ember larva something is literally worse for every purpose other than grappling which it has precious little to do with. I don't see the appeal, let alone the +1s.
    Hengeyokai is a pretty powerful race and the sparrow variant is arguably overpowered to the point that it's mentioned in a lot of optimization thread as one of, if not the best race LA +0 for a caster. Being worse than that is like saying that a build is worthless because it loses to tier 1 persistomancy. Also, the maggot can walk at a decent speed instead of having to rely on (average) flying for everything, and can deliver touch spells and powers without incurring opportunity attacks. It's not much compared to flying, but it's something.
    Resurrecting the Negative LA thread, comments and discussion are very welcome!

Do you want to build monstrous characters with reasonable LA? Join the Monster Mash! Currently, round XII: One-Punch Monster!!! Come judge single-strike entries!
    Nice find! Have a cookie!
    Searchable spreadsheet of 3.5 monsters by abilities, now with all online monsters

3.5 allows you to optimize into godhood, yes, but far more importantly, it lets you optimize weak, weird, and niche options into relevance.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Beni-Kujaku View Post
    "You must still have suitable appendages and vocal organs.". Worms don't scream.
    It isn't always true. These caterpillars imitate birds' calls. Not just scream something, but specific sounds.

That said, I don't want to imagine an extraplanar, god-chosen shrieker fungus mating with another.
    Why? It's just spores spreading.
    Last edited by loky1109; 2022-09-05 at 02:29 PM.
    If you could make anything and everything welcome to the Zinc Saucier XLV: Figaro

My competition's medals.

Spoiler: For purposes of clarity
    Show
    1109 is September, 11 - my birthday.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

I'd play one of these for +0. Heck, I'd probably play one for +1, but that's because I find the image of one of these tiny little guys leaping onto someone and wrestling them to the ground hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

4. - Top - End - #394
    Firbolg in the Playground

I think you mean Half-Celestial, since Celestial doesn't even give you SLAs. That said, I don't want to imagine an extraplanar, god-chosen shrieker fungus mating with another.
    But then, Half-Celestial doesn't remove mindlessness. Maybe a Half-Celestial Celestial (Celestial-and-a-Half?) Shrieker, then?

Hengeyokai is a pretty powerful race and the sparrow variant is arguably overpowered to the point that it's mentioned in a lot of optimization thread as one of, if not the best race LA +0 for a caster.
    Except maybe for druids, khm, anthropomorphic bat, khm, but yeah,

Being worse than that is like saying that a build is worthless because it loses to tier 1 persistomancy.
    that's fair enough. I'm still not sure fine size and its one trick will carry the ember spawn on itself too far. Looks like taking the caster route promises a pretty feat-hungry trip too. I'll stay on -0 for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by loky1109 View Post
    It isn't always true. These caterpillars imitate birds' calls. Not just scream something, but specific sounds.
    Hey, that's pretty cool, actually! I don't think it helps our maggot here, mind you, but it is pretty cool.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

This thing is giving me a headache just looking at it. I'm going to guesstimate LA +0 and be done with it.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Bugbear in the Playground

Is it 1RHD , or is it "0" RHD? Not for the creature type, afaik only humanoids and monstrous humanoids have that trait, but does 1/4RHD equal to 0 when converting to adding/using class levels?

There probably has been some precedent?

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ciopo View Post
    Is it 1RHD , or is it "0" RHD? Not for the creature type, afaik only humanoids and monstrous humanoids have that trait, but does 1/4RHD equal to 0 when converting to adding/using class levels?

Yeah, these threads have always run with any creature type that has 1HD (or a fraction of a HD) swaps it out for first class level.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Naturally spellcasting creatures can always use somatic components. Others have to use Surrogate Spellcasting.
    I don't think you're right about that, Beni.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Manual p.315
    A spellcasting creature that lacks hands or arms can provide any somatic component a spell might require by moving its body. Such a creature also does need material components for its spells. The creature can cast the spell by either touching the required component (but not if the component is in another creature’s possession) or having the required component on its person.
    "Naturally" isn't a distinction the rules make here, nor do they ever reference innate spellcasting or the like. It's just "spellcasting creature".

I triple checked that when building Anvil, because Surrogate Spellcasting really didn't seem like it'd work on a whale, even before considering issues with material componnents.
    Screaming defiance with the last breath

It would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated.

My judgments and medals!

The Iron Chef Optimization spreadsheet!

Song, Sword, and Sorcery: my 5E homebrew half-caster bard (Version 2.0!)

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

I always assumed the implication was that the above quote was specifically for creatures with innate casting, but I agree it isn't air tight one way or the other.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    I always assumed the implication was that the above quote was specifically for creatures with innate casting, but I agree it isn't air tight one way or the other.
    I mean, RAW seems pretty hard set to me. A human wizard is a spellcasting creature.

I am willing to recognize that RAI is very murky here, though I really tend to think that it's on my side as well. How else do you interpret, say, Unicorn Celestial Charger? Not trying to treat monster blocks as a source for general rules here, but certainly as a supporting argument for my case being RAI, not just RAW.

It would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated.

My judgments and medals!

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I mean, RAW seems pretty hard set to me. A human wizard is a spellcasting creature.

I am willing to recognize that RAI is very murky here, though I really tend to think that it's on my side as well. How else do you interpret, say, Unicorn Celestial Charger? Not trying to treat monster blocks as a source for general rules here, but certainly as a supporting argument for my case being RAI, not just RAW.
    If that was the case‚ then the initial description of Somatic components would make no sense.

Spoiler: Somatic components
    Show

SOMATIC
    A somatic component is a measured and precise movement of the hand. An S appears on a spell’s Components line when a somatic component is required. You must have at least one hand free to provide a somatic component.

It makes no sense to need a free hand if you can just move your body.

Also‚ the Rules Compendium clarifies that "Spellcasting Creatures" are creatures who cast spells "as a member of a spellcasting class" but "do not gain any class features of the class". So‚ basically‚ creatures with racial spellcasting.

Spoiler: Rules Compendium
    Show
    SPELLCASTING CREATURES
    Sometimes a creature can cast arcane or divine spells just as a member of a spellcasting class can. Such a creature can activate magic items accordingly. It’s subject to the same spellcasting rules that characters are, except as follows. A spellcasting creature that lacks hands or arms can provide any somatic component a spell might require by moving its body. Such a creature still needs material components for its spells. The creature can cast the spell either by touching a required component that isn’t in another creature’s possession or by having the required component on its body. Spellcasting creatures sometimes utilize the Eschew Materials feat to avoid having to use some material components. A spellcasting creature isn’t actually a member of a class and doesn’t gain any class features unless its description says otherwise.

Do you want to build monstrous characters with reasonable LA? Join the Monster Mash! Currently, round XII: One-Punch Monster!!! Come judge single-strike entries!
    Searchable spreadsheet of 3.5 monsters by abilities, now with all online monsters

3.5 allows you to optimize into godhood, yes, but far more importantly, it lets you optimize weak, weird, and niche options into relevance.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

If that was the case‚ then the initial description of Somatic components would make no sense.

Spoiler: Somatic components
    Show

SOMATIC
    A somatic component is a measured and precise movement of the hand. An S appears on a spell’s Components line when a somatic component is required. You must have at least one hand free to provide a somatic component.

It makes no sense to need a free hand if you can just move your body.

Also‚ the Rules Compendium clarifies that "Spellcasting Creatures" are creatures who cast spells "as a member of a spellcasting class" but "do not gain any class features of the class". So‚ basically‚ creatures with racial spellcasting.

Spoiler: Rules Compendium
    Show
    SPELLCASTING CREATURES
    Sometimes a creature can cast arcane or divine spells just as a member of a spellcasting class can. Such a creature can activate magic items accordingly. It’s subject to the same spellcasting rules that characters are, except as follows. A spellcasting creature that lacks hands or arms can provide any somatic component a spell might require by moving its body. Such a creature still needs material components for its spells. The creature can cast the spell either by touching a required component that isn’t in another creature’s possession or by having the required component on its body. Spellcasting creatures sometimes utilize the Eschew Materials feat to avoid having to use some material components. A spellcasting creature isn’t actually a member of a class and doesn’t gain any class features unless its description says otherwise.
    Arguement 1 wouldn't really bother me - we're guven a rule (free hand) and then an exception to the rule (creatures without such appendages).

Arguement 2... That's a very strong one. Damn. I really need to get my hands on the Rules Compendium.

My judgments and medals!

13. - Top - End - #403
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ciopo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    Yeah, these threads have always run with any creature type that has 1HD (or a fraction of a HD) swaps it out for first class level.
    Thing's also not exclusive to (monstrous) humanoids; out of core, pixies, for instance, have the same clause among their racial traits.

14. - Top - End - #404

I'm thinking +1 for this guy. Its stats are too good for a +0, especially if you're planning on being a rogue, swashbuckler, or something similar to that. To get to those late levels where you get penalised for not having gear, you need to survive the earlier levels.

Your body shape sucks - get someone to graft some arms onto you once you get enough wealth.
    Last edited by Socksy; 2022-09-07 at 08:28 AM.
    Spoiler: Extended Signature
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    All things considered, the guy whose character attacked a gazebo may have actually had a point...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anlashok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sideswipe View Post
    ban the problem spells and the problem classes. not the whole book.
    So.. Keep the bard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    The only thing worse than a Beholder with an anti-magic cone is a Beholder without the anti-magic cone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Baaa, I can think! Baaa, I can't see in the dark!

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

+0 from me, I think.

My judgments and medals!

16. - Top - End - #406
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I'm going to vote +0 as well. It's hard for me to remove the bias of the campaigns I normally play/host, in which the low str score and inevitably low int score would make this a -0, despite its high touch AC. I can imagine it would be good or possibly even worth +1 in very specific campaigns, so I'll go with +0.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Thing's also not exclusive to (monstrous) humanoids; out of core, pixies, for instance, have the same clause among their racial traits.
    The problem is, as usual, WotC's bizarre organizational choices.

Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    Humanoids and Class Levels
    Creatures with 1 or less HD replace their monster levels with their character levels.
    While the heading mentions "humanoids" the rule just uses the more general "creatures."

+0 for the fire bugs seems fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ff7hero View Post
    Call me Hero,

18. - Top - End - #408

Quote Originally Posted by ff7hero View Post
    The problem is, as usual, WotC's bizarre organizational choices.

While the heading mentions "humanoids" the rule just uses the more general "creatures."
    Alright, but I'm not using anything more time-consuming than linear interpolation to calculate how much XP a level something-and-a-quarter creature gets from an encounter. In fact, we might be able to avoid that altogether. For this reason I vote LA +0.75 instead of LA +1.
    Spoiler: Extended Signature
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    All things considered, the guy whose character attacked a gazebo may have actually had a point...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anlashok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sideswipe View Post
    ban the problem spells and the problem classes. not the whole book.
    So.. Keep the bard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    The only thing worse than a Beholder with an anti-magic cone is a Beholder without the anti-magic cone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Baaa, I can think! Baaa, I can't see in the dark!

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

A spellcasting creature can always use somatic componnents. These things can wiggle something, I'm sure. Nonverbal spell feat could take care of any language issue, if there is one.
    What about a celestial shrieker?
    They've got verbal components covered pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade Wolf View Post
    Ah, thank you very much GreatWyrmGold, you obviously live up to that name with your intelligence and wisdom with that post.
    Quotes, more

Winner of Villainous Competitions 8 and 40; silver for 32
    Fanfic

Pixel avatar by me! Other avatar by Recaiden.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

-0 - GreatWyrmGold, Metastachydium, Ripptor
    +0 - Beni-Kujaku, remetagross, PoeticallyPsyco, Thurbane, H_H_F_F, Tusen, ff7hero
    +1 - ciopo, loky1109, Socksy

A surprising +0* for the Ember Spawn. Next up is the Xag-Az Energon.

...Which probably won't be coming until later tonight or tomorrow. Things have been kind of piling up on me lately. Sorry about all the delays. I'd been intentionally waiting to call the vote here until I was ready to continue in case some new discussion happened, but it's been almost a week of nothing happening in this thread and I figured you guys would like at least some kind of update by now.
    Last edited by Debatra; 2022-09-21 at 07:58 PM.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

An energon of psychic energy. Well, why not. I'll try to see wether I can convert the 3.0 psionics into something more useful.

Edit: I offer as a conversion:

Psi-like abilities: At will - detect psionics, force screen (5 minutes, shield bonus +5*); 3/day - dismiss ectoplasm, dispell psionics, ego whip (DC 16). Manifester level 5th, save DC based on Cha.
    *Augmentation already included.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tzardok View Post
    An energon of psychic energy. Well, why not. I'll try to see wether I can convert the 3.0 psionics into something more useful.

Edit: I offer as a conversion:

Psi-like abilities: At will - detect psionics,force screen (5 minutes, shield bonus +5*); 3/day - dismiss ectoplasm,dispell psionics,ego whip (DC 16). Manifester level 5th, save DC based on Cha.
    *Augmentation already included.
    I really don't understand why we should "update" or more accurately convert attack/defense mode into actual Psi-like abilities. They're abilities that could only be used in very specific circumstances. It was only a very rare occurence in psionic v psionic combat, and was basically never used against nonpsionic characters. The abilities of the monster would not noticeably change by removing them. There's no reason to convert attack/defense modes.

Attack/defense modes are vastly different from their counterpart. Ego Whip dealt dexterity damage and could stun nonpsionic characters by reducing the DC by 8. Current ego whip deals Cha damage. Most of them also were at-will, and there's no reason or guideline to change that to make it more balanced. Defense modes are even worse, since they're just supposed to not be useable outside of Psionic Combat. If you allowed the defense modes to increase your will save or increase your defense, then you would have to convert nonpsionic buffer to give you even more save bonuses against psionic attacks. Psi-like and Psionic Combat were just two different systems that you can't merge without breaking one or the other. There's no way to convert attack/defense modes while keeping the spirit of it.

Attack/defense modes are supposed to be very rarely used, and designed to not really work against nonpsionic opponents. As such, they don't affect the overall power level of the creature. On the other hand, giving any psionic creature an at-will 2nd-level power (in Ego Whip's case, since it seems like it is the "standard" attack mode) definitely changes it, changes the way they fight and should change their CR. Converting attack/defense modes would have unintended consequences that will affect our rating here, and go against most of what we're doing here, which is to rate monsters as written, except considering asterisks (which just remove abilities, they do not change them). The whole point of it is to reduce our arbitrary involvement to the minimum. Updating attack/defense modes to random half-equivalent psi-like powers would be the exact opposite of that.
    Last edited by Beni-Kujaku; 2022-09-17 at 05:04 AM.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Three very simple reasons:
    1. Because they were updated in most creatures in the XPH.
    2. Because psionics in 3.0 were often underpowered, and this gives the creature a power boost.
    3. Because why not?

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

If there was a consistent way Attack/Defense was updated, we could extrapolate it similarly to how we do damage reduction. But there really doesn't seem to be.

Show

It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

True. My conversion was only a suggestion. I think I'm going to use that from now on, until I see one I like better.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

I really don't understand why we should "update" or more accurately convert attack/defense mode into actual Psi-like abilities. They're abilities that could only be used in very specific circumstances. It was only a very rare occurence in psionic v psionic combat, and was basically never used against nonpsionic characters. The abilities of the monster would not noticeably change by removing them. There's no reason to convert attack/defense modes.

Attack/defense modes are vastly different from their counterpart. Ego Whip dealt dexterity damage and could stun nonpsionic characters by reducing the DC by 8. Current ego whip deals Cha damage. Most of them also were at-will, and there's no reason or guideline to change that to make it more balanced. Defense modes are even worse, since they're just supposed to not be useable outside of Psionic Combat. If you allowed the defense modes to increase your will save or increase your defense, then you would have to convert nonpsionic buffer to give you even more save bonuses against psionic attacks. Psi-like and Psionic Combat were just two different systems that you can't merge without breaking one or the other. There's no way to convert attack/defense modes while keeping the spirit of it.

Attack/defense modes are supposed to be very rarely used, and designed to not really work against nonpsionic opponents. As such, they don't affect the overall power level of the creature. On the other hand, giving any psionic creature an at-will 2nd-level power (in Ego Whip's case, since it seems like it is the "standard" attack mode) definitely changes it, changes the way they fight and should change their CR. Converting attack/defense modes would have unintended consequences that will affect our rating here, and go against most of what we're doing here, which is to rate monsters as written, except considering asterisks (which just remove abilities, they do not change them). The whole point of it is to reduce our arbitrary involvement to the minimum. Updating attack/defense modes to random half-equivalent psi-like powers would be the exact opposite of that.
    I'm baffled by this whole post, because it's mostly rephrasing the reasons I think 3.0 attack/defense modes need to be updated. They just don't work in the context of 3.5 psionics, or 3.5 anything.

This is, of course, countered by the fact that I don't know if there's any way to update them to 3.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blade Wolf View Post
    Ah, thank you very much GreatWyrmGold, you obviously live up to that name with your intelligence and wisdom with that post.
    Quotes, more

Winner of Villainous Competitions 8 and 40; silver for 32
    Fanfic

Pixel avatar by me! Other avatar by Recaiden.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWyrmGold View Post
    I'm baffled by this whole post, because it's mostly rephrasing the reasons I think 3.0 attack/defense modes need to be updated. They just don't work in the context of 3.5 psionics, or 3.5 anything.

This is, of course, countered by the fact that I don't know if there's any way to update them to 3.5.
    Here's the big thing to consider about the 3.0 psionic attack/defense modes: They only existed to give the DM the option to hose psionic PCs with their appropriate monsters if they felt like it. Like just cutting them is the most honest conversion given how little most of the classes interacted with them. Psionic combat was a poorly thought out, spiteful mechanic. Its best to just leave it dead.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWyrmGold View Post

My point was that they're separate from anything 3.5‚ and that updating them as Psi-like (or as anything else I can think of‚ but PLA is the most intuitive one) would make no sense and lose the original theme and purpose. Better to discard them entirely than arbitrarily modify monsters like that.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

Size & Type: Medium Outsider (Incorporeal)
    Space/Reach: 5'/5'
    HD: 5, 10 (Large)
    Speed: Fly 20' (Perfect) (The article says 30', but this is presumably including its Speed of Thought feat)
    Ability Scores: Str -, Dex +6, Con +2, Int -4, Wis +2, Cha +8 - Net +14, one penalty
    Natural Armor: N/A (ChaMod to Deflection)
    Natural Weapons: Four Primary Incorporeal Touches (1d6), OR One Primary Energy Ray (1d8)
    Skill List: Diplomacy, Hide, Search, Sense Motive, Spot
    Body Shape: Squid-like
    Speech (Languages): They "do not speak". It doesn't say they can't, but...
    CR: 5
    WotC LA: -
    Our LA: +1

So what's the range on that Energy Ray? Who knows. What about the type of damage it deals? Doesn't say that either, but it's implied that it can be of any of the five main energy types.

Five times per day, it can charge one of its natural attacks to deal an additional 2d8+6 damage of any of the main five energy types. If it hits zero HP, its body explodes and deals 1d8+6 damage of a random energy type to everything within 20', with a Reflex save for half that is either a flat DC16, or is Charisma-based. This explosion also destroys the Xag-Az's body.

If it comes into contact with either a Xeg-Yi or a Xag-Ya, it is transported to a random location on the Astral plane, while the other creature is sent to a random location on a random plane. Fortunately, those creatures tend to flee from a Xag-Az if possible.

Finally, you have a few PLAs, each at ML15: At-Will Detect Psionics, and 3/day Dismiss Ectoplasm and Negate Psionics.

Not a great body type, but four natural weapons gives us at least something to work with.
    Last edited by Debatra; 2022-09-30 at 12:26 AM.

Show

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    Here's the big thing to consider about the 3.0 psionic attack/defense modes: They only existed to give the DM the option to hose psionic PCs with their appropriate monsters if they felt like it. Like just cutting them is the most honest conversion given how little most of the classes interacted with them. Psionic combat was a poorly thought out, spiteful mechanic. Its best to just leave it dead.
    I would not be surprised at all, considering what I've heard about the Astral Construct nerf, but could you elaborate? I really don't understand 3.0e psionics enough.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.