New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: If you could bring over 1 3.5 spell that didn't make it to 5e....

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Snakebite.

Because who wouldn't want to turn one of their arms into a snake and bite people with it?
    Only if Yuanti get it as an alternative to their Poison Spray
    Roll for it
    5e Houserules and Homebrew
    Old Extended Signature
    Awesome avatar by Ceika

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Death Knell.
    Death Watch.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Colossus in the Playground

I just recently made a shadow evocation thread in the homebrew section for exactly this reason.

Also, an upgrade to phantom steed that may go a bit too far, depending how you see it being used, but which does incorporate the higher-CL stuff from 3.5 as upcasts.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yeah Death Knell sounds like a great option to add a 2nd level bonus action or even reaction necromancy spell
    Roll for it
    5e Houserules and Homebrew
    Old Extended Signature
    Awesome avatar by Ceika

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    I just recently made a shadow evocation thread in the homebrew section for exactly this reason.

Also, an upgrade to phantom steed that may go a bit too far, depending how you see it being used, but which does incorporate the higher-CL stuff from 3.5 as upcasts.
    That far from too far, it’s actually usable for its intended purpose now.
    Native Sha'ir enthusiast. NO GENIE WARLOCK DOESNT COUNT!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky McDibben View Post
    I am unburdened of my salt, and I rise like a bland-ass potato chip from the ashes of my discontent.
    Rate my homebrew: https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...&postcount=323

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Genesis, no contest.

There was something incredibly fun for me in seeding a new demiplane, creating your pocket reality. Demiplane in 5e does that somewhat but it feels too easy, too streamlined. I don't really care for XP costs on spells but putting a big chunk of yourself into a seed that grows into a new plane is a hundred times more epic than just opening a door and saying it's done.

Spoiler: Genesis
    Show
    Conjuration (Creation)
    Level: Sor/Wiz 9, Creation 9
    Components: V, S, M, XP
    Casting Time: 1 week (8 hours/day)
    Range: 180 ft. (see text)
    Effect: A demiplane coterminous with the Ethereal Plane, centered on your location
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: No

The spellcaster creates a finite plane with limited access: a demiplane. Demiplanes created by this power are very small, very minor planes.

A character can only cast this spell while on the Ethereal Plane. When he or she casts the spell, a local density fluctuation precipitates the creation of a demiplane. At first, the fledgling plane grows at a rate of 1 foot in radius per day to an initial maximum radius of 180 feet as it rapidly draws substance from surrounding ethereal vapors and protomatter.

The spellcaster determines the environment within the demiplane when he or she first casts genesis, reflecting most any desire the spellcaster can visualize. The spellcaster determines factors such as atmosphere, water, temperature, and the general shape of the terrain. This spell cannot create life (including vegetation), nor can it create construction (such as buildings, roads, wells, dungeons, and so forth). The spellcaster must add these things in some other fashion if he or she desires. Once the basic demiplane reaches its maximum size, the spellcaster can continue to cast this spell to enlarge the demiplane, adding another 180 feet of radius to the demiplane each time.

Material Component
    A crystalline sphere

XP Cost
    5,000 XP.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fynzmirs View Post
    Genesis, no contest.

There was something incredibly fun for me in seeding a new demiplane, creating your pocket reality. Demiplane in 5e does that somewhat but it feels too easy, too streamlined. I don't really care for XP costs on spells but putting a big chunk of yourself into a seed that grows into a new plane is a hundred times more epic than just opening a door and saying it's done.

Spoiler: Genesis
    Show
    Conjuration (Creation)
    Level: Sor/Wiz 9, Creation 9
    Components: V, S, M, XP
    Casting Time: 1 week (8 hours/day)
    Range: 180 ft. (see text)
    Effect: A demiplane coterminous with the Ethereal Plane, centered on your location
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: No

The spellcaster creates a finite plane with limited access: a demiplane. Demiplanes created by this power are very small, very minor planes.

A character can only cast this spell while on the Ethereal Plane. When he or she casts the spell, a local density fluctuation precipitates the creation of a demiplane. At first, the fledgling plane grows at a rate of 1 foot in radius per day to an initial maximum radius of 180 feet as it rapidly draws substance from surrounding ethereal vapors and protomatter.

The spellcaster determines the environment within the demiplane when he or she first casts genesis, reflecting most any desire the spellcaster can visualize. The spellcaster determines factors such as atmosphere, water, temperature, and the general shape of the terrain. This spell cannot create life (including vegetation), nor can it create construction (such as buildings, roads, wells, dungeons, and so forth). The spellcaster must add these things in some other fashion if he or she desires. Once the basic demiplane reaches its maximum size, the spellcaster can continue to cast this spell to enlarge the demiplane, adding another 180 feet of radius to the demiplane each time.

Material Component
    A crystalline sphere

XP Cost
    5,000 XP.
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Grod's Grand Genesis
    Level 9 Conjuration
    Casting Time: Special
    Range: Special
    Components: Verbal, Somatic, Material

Tapping upon the power of ambient creation, you split off a small shard of reality, that will eventually grow into a copy of the plane you are on.

To cast this spell, you must spend eight hours a day for an entire year expending your 9th level slot and performing powerful rituals. If one day in a row is missed, the time is extended by ten days. If two days in a row are missed, the spell fails. Throughout the casting, you must provide 1,000 GP worth of rare components pertaining to what you are trying to create each day.

Upon completion, a hole is rent in reality, sucking in everything in a 30' radius and leaving nothing in its place. Over the course of the next decade, the embryo of reality will slowly grow into a plane in its own right, based on the plane it was created from, but with changes based upon the rituals you performed and components provided.

Material Components: Minimum 365,000 GP worth of rare components pertaining to the plane you wish to create.

Spell Lists: None naturally-must be found via an awesome quest.

The first casting of Grand Genesis was by a giant known as Grod. Less a giant and more of a titan, Grod saw that the world was filled with frustrations and lacked creativity, so Grod began to work towards making a better world. He performed years, decades even, of research to find out how it could be done, and, when he knew, he gathered the most creative and happy people he could find. He asked them if they were willing to make a sacrifice to create a better world. Most said no-but some said yes. And, over the course of a year, Grod channeled his most potent arcane energies through rituals, and at the culmination, he and the people he had gathered stepped towards the center, and were seemingly obliterated.

But, in their deaths, a new plane was born. It began to grow, with their hearts and souls at its center, and over time became a happier plane, filled with people free from frustrations and with the spark of creativity in them.

Legend says that one can commune with these great spirits, should one find the center of this reality.
    I did a version a while back.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show