New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler In-Character II

The dispel magics seem to bounce off of the bronze object's magical aura as the aura whirs up even more.

Solstafir's maneuvers breaks off one of the many spikey protusions from the object, but the object continues to function.

Alistair nocks an arrow and readies to attack any enemies that appear.

The objects magical aura finishes charging and eight more empowered Ethereal Marauders are conjured into the frey... on closer look, it's exactly the same eight Ethereal Marauders that you previously killed.

They appear again around Orchid, and Alistair looses his arrow - as the Marauders don't have time to gauge their surrounding with complete focus on their targeted prey, they are considered flat-footed against the attack:
    (1d20+10)[19] to hit
    (1d8+3)[5] + (4d6+6)[20] damage
    The arrow strikes directly through one of the first Marauder's three eyes, killing it instantly. The Marauder's body dematerializes as quickly as it appeared.

Marauders attack Orchid:
    Bite 1 (1d20+14)[29] to hit
    Deals (1d6+11)[17]
    On a 34, (1d20+14)[34] to confirm for (1d6+11)[14] extra damage
    This marauder is dead, its body vanished.

Bite 2 (1d20+14)[27] to hit
    Deals (1d6+11)[16]
    On a 34, (1d20+14)[20] to confirm for (1d6+11)[17] extra damage

Bite 3 (1d20+14)[15] to hit
    Deals (1d6+11)[17]
    On a 34, (1d20+14)[16] to confirm for (1d6+11)[17] extra damage

Bite 4 (1d20+14)[23] to hit
    Deals (1d6+11)[16]
    On a 34, (1d20+14)[20] to confirm for (1d6+11)[17] extra damage

Bite 5 (1d20+14)[29] to hit
    Deals (1d6+11)[16]
    On a 34, (1d20+14)[26] to confirm for (1d6+11)[12] extra damage

Bite 6 (1d20+14)[15] to hit
    Deals (1d6+11)[12]
    On a 34, (1d20+14)[21] to confirm for (1d6+11)[17] extra damage

Bite 7 (1d20+14)[28] to hit - this one manages to bite nothing but air due to 20% miss chance
    Deals (1d6+11)[16]
    On a 34, (1d20+14)[17] to confirm for (1d6+11)[14] extra damage

Bite 8 (1d20+14)[22] to hit
    Deals (1d6+11)[16]
    On a 34, (1d20+14)[24] to confirm for (1d6+11)[12] extra damage

The party may act.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-08-17 at 11:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"To hell with the marauders. I am going straight for the source."

Levi hurls a ball of arcane energy at the statue.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Eldritch Blast Ranged Touch: (1d20+10)[18]

Expend Psionic Focus for +4d6 damage

Eldritch Blast Damage: (9d6)[28]

Move Action recover Psionic Focus.

Is floating 10 ft above ground.

Buffs

Psionically Focus

Sacred Vitality (1 minute; immunity to ability damage, ability drain, and energy drain; renew every time when duration expires)

20% concealment from Deeper Darkness

Darkstalker (Anyone with blindsense, Blindsight, Tremorsense and Scent has to make spot/listen checks to detect him)

Blindsense 30 ft

Endure Elements + Protection from Alignment/Positive-Dominant/Negative-Dominant Traits of Planes (Constant; Indefinite)

Darkvision 60 ft and See Invisibility (24 hours)

Can See Through Magical & Non-magical darkness (Tenebrous; 24 hours)

Fell Flight (24 Hours)

DR/Cold Iron 2 (7 while bound to Zhrine)

Dark One's Own Luck (24 hours; +7 to Reflex Saves)

Immune to all harmful vapors and gases ; can breath underwater and in a vacuum; infinite air supply. (Constant)

+6 Spot/Search; Comprehend Language (written words only) (24 hours)

Mass Conviction (80 mins; +3 Morale bonus on all saving throws)

Mass Resist Energy (80 mins; 20 points of acid damage/attack(or damage) absorbed)

Automatic Method of Scouting per room in order: Stealth/Skill/Swarm, Detect Magic, Area Dispel (after alerting party members to evacuate radius of area dispel/before party enters room).
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-08-17 at 08:00 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

"Stand next to me Orchid, I'll cover you." With the almost instant rematerialization of the marauders Solstafir focused his effort on the statue, shifting his Incarnum abilities into all-out offense while the zombie continued its effort to at least thin out the herd before they could strike again.

Spoiler
    Show
    4 Essentia into Incarnate Avatar for +8 Insight on melee damage.

Flashing Sun for 3 attacks
    attack - (1d20+13)[27]+3 slashing damage - (3d8+15)[22]+3 +1 Fire +(5d6+1)[21] Electricity 1d6+1, which will likely be blocked by hardness anyway given electricity deals 1/2 to objects
    attack - (1d20+13)[32]+3 slashing damage - (3d8+15)[28]+3 +1 Fire +(5d6+1)[20] Electricity
    attack - (1d20+8)[23]+3 slashing damage - (3d8+15)[35]+3 +1 Fire +(5d6+1)[15] Electricity

(1d20+12)[31] slashing damage - (1d8+17)[19]
    (1d20+12)[20] slashing damage - (1d8+10)[14]
    Bite - (1d20+9)[26] (2d6+6)[13] Strength damage - (1d4)[1] Fort DC 12 negates
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2022-08-19 at 05:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"Wonder why they keep targeting Orchid?" Liselle asks, curiously, as she blasts away at the marauders again.

Spoiler
    Show

Fire Damage 1 - (7d6+1)[27]
    Fire Damage 2 - (7d6+1)[26]
    Fire Damage 3 - (7d6+1)[20]
    Fire Damage 4 - (7d6+1)[20]
    Fire Damage 5 - (7d6+1)[25]

Each shot allows a reflex save for half damage, at a DC of 15

With a gap opened up in the ring of foes (hopefully... again...) Liselle doesn't take the opportunity to join Orchid and Solstafir, but rather just lobs her dorje at the artificer. Its not the ideal tool for breaking a statue, after all. "Trigger thought to get it to shoot fire is your targets in a lit fireplace, " she tells her. Not that she doubted Orchid could have gotten it to work anyway, but... well, her trigger thoughts weren't exactly secrets, and why make it harder for her colleague?

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid gives a nod to the sister. "It doesn't look like much, but the grafts are taking a lot of the punishment for me." With the next wave suddenly appearing around her, Orchid braces her self against the next wave of attacks, with the only blow finding any kind of purchase being entirely blunted by the magic cast on her a moment ago.

"I'll just need a moment to cut through some of the trash Solstafir." Raising a claw up into the air, Orchid's natural weapons turn translucent and she begins tearing into the Marauders. Afterward, Orchid catches the Dorje. "I don't know anything about psionics, but I'll give it a try." she replies.

Show

Swift Action: Orchid casts Wraithstrike, letting all of her attacks for 1 round target touch AC.
    Full-Round: Orchid is going to full attack, targeting the marauder in between her and Solstafir. After that, she'll try to break flanking partners.
    After her attack, she will take a 5-foot step to become adjacent to Solstafir.
    Orchid will catch the Dorje

All vs. Touch AC.
    Rending Claw: Attack(Crit on 32-34): (1d20+14)[20] Damage: (1d6+6)[12] + 2 + (1d4)[1] + (1d6)[5]
    Crit confirm: Attack: (1d20+14)[31] Damage: (3d6+18)[26] + 6

Rending Claw: Attack(Crit on 32-34): (1d20+14)[23] Damage: (1d6+6)[7] + 2 + (1d4)[2] + (1d6)[5]
    Crit confirm: Attack: (1d20+14)[15] Damage: (3d6+18)[30] + 6

Goring Horn: Attack(Crit on 33): (1d20+13)[30] Damage: (1d8+6)[8] + 1 + (1d4)[2]
    Crit Confirm: Attack: (1d20+13)[28] Damage: (1d8+6)[8] + 1

Smashing Tail: Attack(Crit on 28): (1d20+8)[22] Damage: (1d8+8)[9]+ 1 + (1d4)[4]
    Crit Confirm: Attack: (1d20+8)[9] Damage: (1d8+8)[13]+ 1

Spoiler: Orchid's Status
    Show

Temp: 2
    HP: 136/136

Sorcerer spell slots
    Cantrips: 6/6(Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Light, Read Magic)
    1st: 6/6(Color Spray, Grease, Shield, Magic Missile)
    2nd: 4/5(Glitterdust, Wraithstrike)
    3rd: 3/4(Dispel Magic, Haste)

Infusions(Can use any infusion at any time; anything slower than a standard uses a standard action instead; standards are now swifts)
    1st: 2/4
    2nd: 3/4
    3rd: 2/4
    4th: 1/1

SLAs
    Glitterdust(3/3)

Scrolls(unless noted, assume minimum caster level)
    Lesser Vigor (6)
    Power Word(Pain)(6)
    Bonefiddle(1)
    Resurgence(2)
    Saltray(2)
    Warning Shout(2)
    Shield(2)
    Fist of Stone(2)
    Cloud of Bewilderment(2)
    Color Spray(2)
    Glitterdust(1)
    Ray of Enfeeblement(2)
    Web(2)
    Grease(Arcane)(2)
    Haste(2)
    Resist Energy, Mass(2)
    Slow(2)
    Fireball(3)
    Lesser Restoration(3)
    Remove Disease(1)
    Neutralize Poison(1)
    Restoration(2)
    Delay Death(3)
    Shield Other(2)
    Water Breathing(3)
    Wall of Sand(2)
    Wall of Water(2)
    Heal(CL 7)(1)
    Dispel Magic(5)

Potions(unless noted, assume minimum caster level)
    Lesser Vigor(1)

Other(unless noted, assume minimum caster level)
    Memento Magica(1st)(2)
    Memento Magica, Xansia(1st)(1)

Notable effects
    Spare Hand active(24h, used 3rd level infusion)
    Cloak of minor concealment: 20% miss chance
    Shudder Plate: If Orchid is in contact with the ground, she can sense the location of anything within 15 feet that is also in contact with the ground.
    Glaring Eye: Orchid has blindsense out to a distance of 30 feet.
    Mass Resist Energy (80 min) 20 points of acid damage/attack(or damage) absorbed
    Mass Conviction (80 min) +3 Morale bonus on all saving throws
    Death Ward:(8 min) immune to all death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects.
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-08-19 at 08:22 PM.
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Between Orchid and Liselle's attacks, all the remaining Marauders are destroyed.

The Bronze object has sustained significant damage, cracks are appearing in its shell and several pieces of it have broken off. A couple good hits and it should break.

Given the object's next round is to charge up to re-summon the Marauders, the group has ample time to finish smashing it before the Marauders reappear. Though those with See Invisibility see the Ethereal Marauders, still in their Ethereal state, leave the wreckage of the statue and wander off in various directions.

Each character gains 5,699 XP. You've reached the maximum XP for this delve.

Searching the wreckage of the statue, there is salvageable bronze and gemstones which were embedded deep in the object worth 10,000gp altogether.

There's also a magical core, although damaged still possesses some magic. After studying the core, you're able to salvage it as a magic item although it lacks the full power of the statue:

Ethereal Engine - a character holding this object can, once per day activate the engine as a standard action which acts as casting Ethereal Jaunt with a caster level equal to the character's level, except that the duration is Concentration. Once the character ceases to concentrate on the Engine's power, the effect ends. Market value of this item is 40,000gp.

Further exploration of the chamber reveals no other collectible items, though further study of the statue it seems it was some kind of experiment in an Ethereal version of Astral Projection. You're able to postulate that the Marauders that kept appearing were likely Projections of the Marauders who were living in the statue as a kind of nest, the magic of the statue empowered them and repeatedly projected them, possibly manipulating or controlling them as well. It's purpose beyond those functions is a mystery.

Moving to the next chamber:
    Continuing up the stairs reveals another large door, though the stairs continue upward as well.

After checking the door for magic, traps and the like, the team throws the door open revealing a level separated into few smaller rooms with a central connective area. Tapestries hang in the doorways to the smaller rooms and rugs cover the floors, all woven with strange abstract patterns that seem extremely alien in their concept. There are wooden furnishings with ornate carvings similar to the strange patterns on the tapestries, including a table with six chairs. On the table are a few significantly scaled down mundane models of the bronze object from the previous floor, though they lack any market value.

There seems to be no magic or danger in this central chamber, though the team notices one of the tapestries move slightly as someone momentarily peeks out from behind the tapestry at the party before ducking back further into the smaller connected room.

Levi is able to pick up that there are magical aura on the person through the curtain which isn't able to block Detect Magic, but there wasn't enough time to gather more information.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-08-20 at 08:16 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

“Hey wait!” Alistair calls out to the figure who ran away. He waits for a moment to see if the figure responds.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-08-20 at 10:04 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Those with acute hearing can faintly make out a voice begin to mutter something in that particular separated room.

Spoiler: Listen DC 15
    Show
    It's a voice in common uttering prayers to Fharlanghn. While not impossible, it's highly unlikely a dungeon dweller would be praying to one of Solum's vast pantheon.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-08-21 at 08:24 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

"You know, I think for once the undead monstrosity should not take point," Solstafir said. Truly, an annis was already an exceptionally ugly creature even before zombification, and the sinister influence of fiend-blood did not make matters any better. "Oi, you! You haven't tried to shoot, chop up or ensorcell us yet, which makes you one in less than a hundred we might not have to do the same to."
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

10. - Top - End - #100

AssassinGuy

Levi leans his ear towards the direction.

Show
    Listen: (1d20+6)[8]

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm not the only one hearing prayers to one of our own dieties right? In common of all languages?" Orchids asks, somewhat surprised.

12. - Top - End - #102

AssassinGuy

Levi shrugs as he shroud himself with invisibility.

"I did not hear it. If that is what it is, we should let Abigail talk to the precant."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

"It's someone praying to Fharlanghn if I am not mistaken." Sister Abigail notes before responding to the unseen voice, "Though the road is long and winding, one always welcomes the traveler to sit by their fire in the promise of peace and companionship until that trust is broken." she waits a moment for the person hiding behind the curtain to register what she had said before adding. "My name is Sister Abigail, my friends and I are from Sol and judging from your prayers you are or were once as well?" the priestess says, the last part more of a question than a statement.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

As Abigail passes through the curtain she sees a human cleric that she recognizes from Solum. Gulin Murth one of the clerics of the temple of Fharlanghn while the clergies of Pelor and Fharlanghn don't often work closely together, it was pretty common for an orphaned child or another in need to be shepherded to nearby temples by agents of Fharlanghn such as Gulin. In fact, Abigail is quite certain this cleric lives in the same district of Solum as she does.

The haggard cleric's once red-brown hair is now greying has a streak of pure white across his head, his beard has a salt-and-pepper quality to it that it lacked the last time the two met. Gulin appears uninjured and is wearing the plate mail he only wore for delving that had been passed down to him by his father. His quarterstaff nested against his shoulder as he is crouched against the wall and his shortbow slung on his back. Though his arrow quiver is empty.

He looks up, an unfurled scroll in his still somewhat shaky hands and asks pensively: "Sister Dovefeather? Is it really you? How are you here?"

After ensuring this isn't some illusion but truly is the citizen of Solum it appears to be he provides more explanation. "My newly assigned group was sent to delve and we ended up in this structure. The group didn't have sufficient trust or teamwork to overcome the challenges. We attempted to descend through this structure losing delvers as we faced each challenge, though some of us managed to flee from them, utterly outmatched at each turn, until I was the only one left. I don't know if any of them are even still alive. I attempted to use my Escape Stone, but it failed and I don't know why. If it hadn't been you, I would've attempted to activate this Scroll of Plane Shift in hopes I could land back on Solum, but I hesitated. My faith isn't sufficient to call such power from Fharlanghn without assistance and I worried I would miss my mark and plummet into the endless abyss underneath our home."
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-08-22 at 04:39 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

As Abigail walks through the curtain it is like taking a step back in time as she remembers a time when she was still young and foolish and had snuck out of the temple one day with her brothers and sisters. She had gotten separated from the others when she had found a hurt dog and was busy trying to take care of it that she didn't notice the others had left. It had been what felt like hours to her as the sun began to set when the man she saw before her now had found her huddled up in a corner, still with the dog she had carefully wrapped its paw earlier.

"Brother Murth is it really you? I haven't seen you in ages." the priestess says looking over him and noticing his lack of arrows and other such tools to defend himself against anything that he saw from a distance. "It is indeed I, after all I doubt an illusion of this dungeon could recreate the little girl you saved all those years ago who was still clutching a dog, lost in the poor quarters. And it wouldn't be able to replicate your fathers armor either." she said with a smile upon her face, it was so good to see her old friend again, but how did he get here?

"It is okay Gulin, you are safe now. Those I travel with are very powerful, though I find it odd, you say you were descending into the dungeon? We had to ascend to get here." she points out looking to the others to see if they agreed with her assessment. "Sadly you are the first person we have encountered. The wraiths and a slime were the first things we encountered. Followed by some magical trap. After that a cryohydra, and lastly a sculpture of some kind that kept on summoning ethereal maurders somehow, Orchid and the others could explain it much better than I." she says before introducing everyone to him, and he to them. "You say your stone failed? Have you eaten the dungeon fruit before? And if so how many? We have a few theories and you could have a missing key. And if we all stick together perhaps we can all return to Sol together."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid's eyes light up on hearing that it's another entire delver. She slithers on over, stopping next to the sister.

"Really? Another delver here? This gives me hope that I can find my parents eventually in these delves. Yes, it's as the sister said, we ended up coming from the bottom floor rather than further up as you did. The bronze statue was some sort of astral projection machine using whatever mauraders were kept inside of it. Speaking of dungeon magic, let me give you a once over with detect magic to see if there is anything of this place stuck onto you."

Show
    Rolling spellcraft to see if Planeshifting to Solum is even possible.
    Spellcraft: (1d20+15)[31]

Also, Orchid is using detect magic to look at Gulin- checking to see if he has any unusual effects on him and to check for dungeon magic.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Plane Shifting from the Dungeon to Solum would likely be possible with the appropriate focus, though the potential to land 500 miles off target could be fatal.

Gulin Murth doesn't appear to have any magical auras outside of his handful of magic items (+2 Full Plate, +1/+1 Quarterstaff, Periapt of Wisdom +2) and doesn't seem to be influenced by Dungeon Magic.

Upon Abigail's questioning about Dungeon Fruit, Gulin's honest face simply shows confusion. "Dungeon Fruit? I don't think it would be safe to eat anything in the dungeon. I'm not exactly sure how long I've been here, though if it was over a day I would've been able to Create Food and Water rather than trying to scavenge for fruit or similar in this gods forsaken place." after a few more moments he says "If you're ascending this place, I can tell you what the next floors hold:

Immediately above us is some kind of security system. It froze two of the other delvers solid. I doubt they're still alive at this point.

Above that there are two bewitching demons who charmed some of our group and turned them against us. I wouldn't expect the dungeon dwellers to be so merciful as to have left them alive this long.

Past that is where we entered, an empty chamber with patterns along the walls that seem to confuse the senses and implant desires. Once we figured out what was happening and averted our eyes from the strange markings we were able to move on unhindered, only to encounter the horrors that followed. We were not prepared."
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-08-23 at 05:08 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108

AssassinGuy

"Cannot escape, eh? Must be the room or something hidden magic on you that prevents you. I am going to try something. After that, try using your escape stone when you are ready to escape."

Levi targets Gulin with dispel magic excluding his items and then ushers everyone from the room, targeting the room with area dispels.

Show
    Dispel Magic: (1d20+12)[27]
    Dispel Magic: (1d20+12)[20]
    Dispel Magic: (1d20+12)[18]
    Dispel Magic: (1d20+12)[23]
    Dispel Magic: (1d20+12)[15]
    Dispel Magic: (1d20+12)[14]
    Dispel Magic: (1d20+12)[21]
    Dispel Magic: (1d20+12)[16]

Area Dispel Magic: (1d20+12)[14]
    Area Dispel Magic: (1d20+12)[19]
    Area Dispel Magic: (1d20+12)[27]
    Area Dispel Magic: (1d20+12)[31]
    Area Dispel Magic: (1d20+12)[28]

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Gulin seems confused and responds to Levi with a simple "I don't have a second Escape Stone. I didn't anticipate the need. Mine was consumed but I remained here."
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-08-24 at 06:16 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

After checking Gulin over, Orchid shoots him a confused look.

"I don't see any weird effects on you, but didn't you come into the dungeon with dimensional storage?" she asks.
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2022-08-25 at 01:08 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Gulin replies "One of the two delvers frozen on the floor above us has my haversack. One of them managed to slip it off me in the confusion. It's frozen in ice now. Fortunately, I kept a few key items in a separate non-dimensional bag in case my haversack was ever pierced. Those two scoundrels tricked me, but they didn't deserve what happened."
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-08-25 at 05:06 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112

AssassinGuy

Levi looks at Gulin.

Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+2)[19]

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Gulin doesn't seem to be lying or intentionally hiding anything.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid gives Gulin a nod. "Do you need anything before we begin planning our ascend up the stairs?" she asks the clergyman.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

As Gulin shows confusion at the mention of dungeon fruit the priestess realizes that the dungeon must not yet consider his group capable enough, which makes sense given that he was the only one left remaining. "Time in the Dungeon, and time on Sol are very different. We learned from a naga on our last delve that it seemed to be frozen until someone came into the dungeon. If all your allies feel the dungeon may have enacted a similar effect upon you trying to turn you, which could explain why your escape stone didn't work." Abigail explains to Gulin before looking over to Orchid. "Was anyone still alive from that delve that returned to Sol? Perhaps we could try to research the Dungeon they were sent to as we were sent to one another group had been inside of." Abigail offers, willing to help her friend try and find her parents when they returned to Sol.

At hearing about the three rooms above Abigail is confident in her party being able to handle the trap of the freezing room, as well as the hypnotic pattern room at the top. "The demons may be an issue, but you say you haven't been here more than a day so if I had to guess your friends would still be alive. After all what better way to try and get you as well then to use your friends against you. As for your frozen friends, I do not have the spell available at the moment however if we can get them back to Sol I may be able to help." she reassures Gulin.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Gulin responds to Orchid, "I will merely hope your group is more capable than mine and try to stay out of your way as I used up most of my magic just getting this far."

To Abigail he replies "It's been over an hour, I'm certain the halfling and half-orc frozen above us suffocated to death by now."

The other small rooms in this chamber don't contain any objects of interest, just a hammock covered in some fur blankets and various knick knacks and baubles of no value. Gulin follows the group, clearly a little off-put by the commanded wraiths, trailing behind a short ways.

Going up the stairs leads to the door, and the stairway continues up as usual. Gulin assures you the door isn't trapped. "There were no traps when we opened this door. It took a while for the security system to activate previously, but it may still be active. I'll stand back, I don't want to be frozen."
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-08-27 at 01:04 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117

AssassinGuy

Levi scratches the back of his neck.

"I tried dispelling and empathy. He is clean as the room."
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-08-27 at 12:48 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Solstafir looked from person to person, especially those more empathetic inclined, and after none offered up their escape stone he did so himself with a huff. "Take this and get out already, you look like you need a solid week of sleep. If the escape stones are blocked in this particular Dungeon I'd like to know sooner rather than later. If they do work I'll just pick one from your less fortunate pals. As you described it don't seem like they need them anymore."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Gulin graciously accepts Solstafir's Escape Stone "Thank you. I can't in good conscience leave you here without an Escape Stone though, so if you'll accept it, please take this." Gulin fishes his Scroll of Plane Shift out of his bag and hands it to Solstafir "You should be able to get a decent price for this should you not need it to escape, at least enough for make up for the Stone. Gulin then addresses the group at large "Also, while my Haversack didn't have much in the way of valuables, everything in it is yours."

After which he sits with the provided Escape Stone and concentrates for the requisite minute after which he vanishes, Orchid's reusable Escape Stone traveling with him.

You gain a Scroll of Plane Shift attuned to Solum.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-08-27 at 02:51 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

As Gulin vanishes back to Sol Abigail looks at the party. "Does anyone else find it odd his own escape stone did not work while the one Solstafir provided him did? Normally those who the escape stones do not work on have eaten the dungeon fruit, yet Gulin had never even heard of it before. Something seems different about this Dungeon, and I'm not quite sure what at this moment. Just a lot of things are not adding up." she states to the others, thanking Solstafir for giving her friend his own escape stone, before explaining that she didn't as if they cleared the Dungeon he would have been free with them where there was no guarantee the stone would work this time.