New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default She-Hulk - New Trailer

Just dropped:

They're leaning heavily into the comedy on this, and I'm 100% onboard.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: She-Hulk - New Trailer

Love the cast, thought for some time a comedy take on "Lawyer to Superheroes" was a great premise to mine for a TV show.

I am not sure how the CGI went so wrong though. That is some serious Uncanny Valley going on.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh No!

Captain: Now might be a good time for you to have expectations.
    Me: That's my secret, Captain. I'm always have low expectations with the MCU. Thus I am usually satisfied.

The problem here and thus the Oh No! Is that I am feeling my heart open and if my heart opens the expectation level may increase

Someone please protect my heart
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Dat cameo at the end!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

And they're doing her Fourth Wall Stuff.

...you know, she was doing that before Deadpool did? That was kind of her thing for a bit.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Flumph View Post
    I am not sure how the CGI went so wrong though. That is some serious Uncanny Valley going on.
    It's quite simple.

They don't give the CGI artists enough time and they burn the staff out hard through overwork. There's a growing number of reports from CG artists about how they've hated working on Marvel properties.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    Dat cameo at the end!
    Is that the same Daredevil? I don't know, he looks different. I doubt they'd recast him after having him show up in Spiderman, but they are also carefully not showing his face.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

8. - Top - End - #8

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Is that the same Daredevil? I don't know, he looks different. I doubt they'd recast him after having him show up in Spiderman, but they are also carefully not showing his face.
    Charlie Cox doesn't have She-Hulk on his IMDB page, but he is in Echo (the next Daredevil show) and the upcoming animated Spider-Man show. So it probably will be him, if they're keeping it under wraps until a bigger reveal later to tie it into Echo? I doubt they'd have two actors playing the same character at the same time.

As for She-Hulk... Can't say I'm excited for it. I like the premise - that supers have started showing up everywhere and corporations are trying to incorporate them into normal, everyday business - but other than that the CGI doesn't look very good, and I got tired of Deadpool pretty quickly so "Deadpool-lite" doesn't really do much for me. It doesn't look particularly BAD, but it appears very similar to a bunch of other movies that were also pretty weak.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

9. - Top - End - #9
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I still don't see what the issue is with the CGI, myself. Everyone seems to be in an uproar over it, but it's not standing out here at all to my eyes.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I still don't see what the issue is with the CGI, myself. Everyone seems to be in an uproar over it, but it's not standing out here at all to my eyes.
    It's passable cgi, I got no problem with it. The other aspects pick up the slack so overall it looks like a potentially good series I'll enjoy.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by The Glyphstone
    I’m not overly concerned about it either. It’s not terrible, and as Digo says, everything else more than makes up for it.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Adds to what Wraith said.

Charlie Cox is getting an 18 episode Disney plus show in Spring 2024 called Daredevil: Born Again. 18 episodes is 4 months if they release a new episode once a week.

Thus that is likely Charlie Cox, or someone posing as him to convince other people the person is Daredevil, even if they are not.

13. - Top - End - #13

I must just be unable to tell bad CG from good, then. This looks perfectly alright.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

I am skeptical since one of the author made a fit on South Park (sadly, more people shared her opinion, even my comedy-loving friends on one chatroom).
    Yeah, if the writer doesn't get the show's humor, then maybe I might think about the quality.
    Last edited by t209; 2022-07-26 at 11:44 PM.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    I am skeptical since one of the author made a fit on South Park (sadly, more people shared her opinion, even my comedy-loving friends on one chatroom).
    Yeah, if the writer doesn't get the show's humor, then maybe I might think about the quality.
    Who, Jessica Gao? I mean, if she was good enough to work on Rick and Morty's Pickle Rick episode, then I don't think there's anything wrong with her sense of humor.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Who, Jessica Gao? I mean, if she was good enough to work on Rick and Morty's Pickle Rick episode, then I don't think there's anything wrong with her sense of humor.
    Dana Schwartz
    It gets bad that even my comic friends, especially younger ones who probably only know it through memes, seem to agree with her.
    Last edited by t209; 2022-07-27 at 01:08 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, having done some Googling, are you referring to when she said that South Park made it cool to not care about stuff? Because I'd agree with that 100% myself.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, having done some Googling, are you referring to when she said that South Park made it cool to not care about stuff? Because I'd agree with that 100% myself.
    Yeah, this is it.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

I dunno, there was a line in Bo Burnham's newest special, "apathy's a tragedy and boredom is a crime", that really resonated with me because the internet makes it feel like every single little possible thing is the most important thing ever in this anxiety inducing kind of way. Which it kind of is, because every issue is the most important issue to someone after all, but I kind of appreciate also knowing that it IS ok to just not care and crack a joke and live.

EDIT, oh I thought her name sounded familiar. She has said some pretty wild stuff on twitter outside of the south park thing. She seems to be perfectly competent though from her writing credits so we will see I guess.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2022-07-27 at 08:47 AM.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

….. consume product. Get excited for next product.

I’m just gonna get the Cliff notes of this, if that. Not a fan of changing an established comic character’s backstory just to fit [REDACTED].

21. - Top - End - #21

Eh....what have they changed for backstory based on this trailer? Most of what I'm seeing isn't just saying its accurate to comics, theyre citing the story arc its drawing inspiration from.

22. - Top - End - #22

BlackDragon

Eh....what have they changed for backstory based on this trailer? Most of what I'm seeing isn't just saying its accurate to comics, theyre citing the story arc its drawing inspiration from.
    I didn’t say anything about this trailer directly, was directing that towards the show as a whole. And Fiege already stated the backstory is changed, for similar reasons on why Strange was cut from Wandavision.

23. - Top - End - #23

Okay, so I googled it.

The change you are referring to is that instead of Bruce deliberately giving her a transfusion, she gets contaminated with his blood accidentally. Is that such a betrayal of She-Hulk that you refuse to watch it now? Seems to me that MCU Banner isn't nearly callous enough to willfully inject someone with blood he knows, from his own solo movie, has dangerous and sometimes deadly effects on other people. The MCU, after all, has been totally faithful to the backstories of all its other members.

24. - Top - End - #24

Flumph

Bear in mind as well that this is Professor Hulk who has no reason to fear the Hulk and inflicting it on anyone else.

Although we do lose the irony that Jen was much more in control all along.

25. - Top - End - #25

I was actually thinking of how ingesting soda tainted with his blood gave Stan Lee acute gamma poisoning. But being Professor Hulk could also be another reason why he wouldn't deliberately inflict that on someone, since he knows how long it took for him to master the rage state.

At least from the trailer, we are getting treated to incredulity and probably some complaints about unfairness that the far more well-adjusted Jennifer isn't subject to the split identity problem. So its still there in spirit. And maybe it's why he's such a jerk about sticking her in a death trap to force a Hulk shift.

Also, did I see a glimpse of non-hulked Ruffalo? Does that mean his Professor merge has allowed him to shift back and forth at will instead of being permanently Hulked like Endgame implied?
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2022-07-31 at 01:15 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Also, did I see a glimpse of non-hulked Ruffalo? Does that mean his Professor merge has allowed him to shift back and forth at will instead of being permanently Hulked like Endgame implied?
    Not sure if we do in the trailer, but we saw him unhulked in the post-credits scene in Shang Chi.

27. - Top - End - #27

Ah, I missed that movie.

28. - Top - End - #28

BlackDragon

The change you are referring to is that instead of Bruce deliberately giving her a transfusion, she gets contaminated with his blood accidentally. Is that such a betrayal of She-Hulk that you refuse to watch it now?.
    that’s not why.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDraconus View Post
    for similar reasons on why Strange was cut from Wandavision.
    That is. If it was just a change to fit the MCU I personally would feel like I could wait and see. But it was more than that. I am fairly certain that I can’t be more direct on this cause of forum rules, any mod can tell me I’m wrong though.

29. - Top - End - #29

That's entirely your conjecture and extrapolation though. The quote by Feige about Strange applied to Wandavision, with a completely different situation and reasoning specific to that situation. So unless there is another quote about She Hulk, all you're doing is hammering the square peg of a minor fact into the round hole of your beliefs. Which you are free to do, but we'll be over here enjoying a cool show instead of worrying about a detail that is frankly irrelevant to the actual character.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2022-08-01 at 01:57 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Hulk also has normal arms when previously one arm was injured / burned / whatever word we want to use after Hulk used the nano infinity gauntlet to bring everyone back.