New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: What are your favorite silly interactions of rules?

Lucky allows you to replace the die, but it doesnt compel you to replace the die (unlike the halfling's racial feature).
    Last edited by Keltest; 2022-08-09 at 10:07 AM.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by diplomancer View Post
    It's the "appropriate anatomy" rule of mounted combat that rules it out; obviously, that leaves it up to the DM, but I'd say most DMs would say that a bipedal humanoid does not have the appropriate anatomy to be a mount. Crawford even calls it out on the Mounted Combat Sage Advice video, saying that this rule is there specifically to rule out this particular combo.
    Are you trying to say that you can't be a primeval druid wildshaped into a warhorse, being ridden by your ape-form primeval companion, which is being ridden by your monkey-form summoned beast, which is being ridden by your wildshape familiar bat?

Because, you can :)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by sambojin View Post
    Are you trying to say that you can't be a primeval druid wildshaped into a warhorse, being ridden by your ape-form primeval companion, which is being ridden by your monkey-form summoned beast, which is being ridden by your wildshape familiar bat?

Because, you can :)
    The DM might rule out the Ape having an appropriate anatomy to carry the Monkey. Though he probably won't, as that idea is too funny to be denied.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

There's no rule that says sleeping makes you unconcious or incapacitated.

The closest is the Sleep spell.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Seramus View Post
    Or even prone! You might sleep standing up, or even upside-down like a bat. Who's to say?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Seramus View Post

The closest is the Sleep spell.
    That one might be my favorite so far! These are absolutely great - they bring me back to my 3.5 days with drown healing, wood that doesn't burn, etc.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGuy

While not a given interaction, but merely as a possibility..

The artificer gains the Spell-Storing Item at level 11. You can imbue it with any 1st or 2nd level spell that takes one action. The item can be either a spell casting focus or a simple/martial weapon.

I've had artificers

• Put cure wounds on guns (artificers get firearms) so you can shoot someone to health
    • Put Disguise Self on a club so they would "beat someone with the ugly stick."
    • Put Catapult on a javelin and use IT as the projectile
    • Continual Flame on a long sword to trick people into believing you had a Flame Tongue
    • And only by rule of cool; Rope Trick on a whip. Then literally "whip" the air to cast the spell

8. - Top - End - #68
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfunkr View Post

The artificer gains the Spell-Storing Item at level 11. You can imbue it with any 1st or 2nd level spell that takes one action. The item can be either a spell casting focus or a simple/martial weapon.

I've had artificers

• Put cure wounds on guns (artificers get firearms) so you can shoot someone to health
    • Put Disguise Self on a club so they would "beat someone with the ugly stick."
    • Put Catapult on a javelin and use IT as the projectile
    • Continual Flame on a long sword to trick people into believing you had a Flame Tongue
    • And only by rule of cool; Rope Trick on a whip. Then literally "whip" the air to cast the spell
    Speaking of the SSI, it's silly that you can use the "use an object action" to active it if it's a non magical item but "active a magical item" if you place it on a magical item or one with an infusion.
    what is the point of living if you can't deadlift?

All credit to the amazing avatar goes to thoroughlyS

9. - Top - End - #69
    Firbolg in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfunkr View Post

I've had artificers
    Unfortunately, RAW:

Put cure wounds on guns (artificers get firearms) so you can shoot someone to health
    Cure Wounds is still a touch spell even from SSI.

Put Disguise Self on a club so they would "beat someone with the ugly stick."
    Disguise Self only targets the caster.

Put Catapult on a javelin and use IT as the projectile
    The Catapult's would-be projectile can't be worn or carried.

Continual Flame on a long sword to trick people into believing you had a Flame Tongue
    You don't need SSI for that.
    It's Eberron, not ebberon.
    It's not high magic, it's wide magic.
    And it's definitely not steampunk. The only time steam gets involved is when the fire and water elementals break loose.