New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Sands of Fate: With Homebrew

Yohaan
    The changeling, having followed Blanc the larger group, listens to the sailor's response. Confused she asks, "For what reason do you have to not trust me?" She opens her palms, "I carry no weapon, I cast no curses, and I even offer to heal any wounds you may have suffered? I would have done the same if the elf had attempted to bestow a curse upon you." Yohaan inhales softly, "If I have wounded you, I sincerely apologize." She says taking on a low bow, hands tucked into her chest, "In a field of fiends and marauders unity is paramount for death comes in disorder," she quotes her mentor as she rises from her bow. "If I cannot have your trust, may I at least trust you in the coming confrontation?" she asks

She then turns to Tide and Torobuk, "I defend myself well enough and offer healing and restoration to all who would accept such."
    Quote Originally Posted by Flappeercraft
    NAAARUUUUTOOOOOOOO

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"All who accept is problem with me." Callen retorts, "Given that you stepped into business that wasn't yours to defend someone who didn't ask, it's a real big problem. I don't want to be fighting for my life with you providing succor to the guys trying to shove their spears into my flesh."

3. - Top - End - #63

Yohaan
    The changeling is shocked for a moment, she looks to Callen her expression somewhere between anger and confusion. She closes her eyes and turns back to Torobuk and Tide slowly, inhaling and exhaling once as she does so.
    After her features have returned to a neutral state she opens her eyes, "I promise I am not as dense and naive as your... friend would paint me. I sensed necrotic magics being used in a setting were such a spell should not be used, a gathering of people with the same goal, that goal being the hunting and destruction of an adversary. I had the ability to turn it upon the caster and I did such, if that is such an action is naive and dense then I will take whatever your anyone wishes to lay and be on my way, for that is not the company in which I wish to keep."
    She then looks at Callen, annoyance still evident on her face, "What do you say, do you think cursing me where I stand will make amends for the transgressions?" she holds her right hand out to him, "what do you say fruit man? why not lay a curse upon me so that I shall fumble when I must to succeed. So that my efforts will prove lacking when I need them? Will that be enough for your stubbornness?" she approaches closer, her palm up awaiting the curse, "Lay your curse upon me and be rid of this shapechanger's scourge upon your plans oh righteous one."
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Yohaan is a willing target to any spell cast from Callen and won't move away from any attack from him either.

Sidenote: IRL I'm chill, I'm actually having a lot of fun with this back and forth between Callen and Yohaan.
    Last edited by D&DPrinceTandem; 2022-08-27 at 10:05 PM.
    NAAARUUUUTOOOOOOOO

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Tide listened intently while Blanc barged into the conversation with her demands, then waited to see what the other two people who'd come over at the same time would say and how the others reacted. He nodded as Toboruk spoke. "That makes sense, and is more than they have the right to. I may try to follow more near, since I am subtle." A deep laugh. "If I do, do any of you have mind speech or other long range contact?"
    His head shifted slightly to focus on the interaction between Yohaan and Callen. Mostly, his expression reflected confusion (on a large scale)-- it sounded like they were talking about magic and both very sure they were right... but not about to come to blows. Not a lot that could be done there.

After a while, he turned back to the blue person who was not a Fey. In his booming voice, "Ah, kitty! It is good to know what you want! And good to know names-- call me Tide, if you choose." He laughed heartily. "But it is also good to know what others want! We," he gestured with his muscular humanoid hand, "were trying to get those," a gesture with his claw towards the retreating caravan, "to stay, not drive them off. A task which many here helped with while you," he shook his head chidingly, "stood and watched. So before you ask for pay to join us... What value are you? Your given name? Try again."

Spoiler: OOC/Active effects/Mechanics
    Show

Currently active:
    Nondetection (DC 24)
    Soulmeld: Claws of the Wyrm
    Altered Shape: Humanoid, Fake Skin, Giant, Replicate III-- Blindsight 60', Replicate V: Regeneration 10/bludgeoning or acid, Aquatic

Disguise: 54

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Your need to involve yourself in the affairs of others speaks more to righteousness than anything I've said or done. You intruded without cause nor invitation. I should now welcome your company and accept that you are likely to act again without interest in the circumstances of a given engagement?"

He shakes his head, "No, I'm not going to curse you nor will I cast any other spell on you. I swear that as a binding oath."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Blanc does not cut in the middle of the response. She puts a hand on her chin and maintains eye contact; a gesture of attentiveness. Once the last words comes out of Callen's mouth, she pauses a bit before her eyebrows furrow and her lips molds itself into a neutral line for solemnity.

"Some. All of them rhetorical. Would I not take offense if a projectile I thought of as an attack hurled towards me while I was focused on the conductor that I blocked out all noise? Is an apology an apology when made with contempt and mockery? I do not lay out the conditions out of malice. I have feelings and they have been hurt by those actions. Would I not seek reparation in return? Yet it has changed to a twofold purpose. Not only seeking reparation for me but also enable my compatriot who is regretful of her impulsiveness to make reparations if her actions slighted you. The condition involving Yohaan is more of my way of killing two birds with one stone and thinking for the welfare of both of groups. She told me that she seemed to have made an enemy by intervening with your confrontation with the drow. I want to create a window for you and her to clear up misunderstandings and reset hostility which in turn reset my hostility towards you so we can start over. I believe the current threat outweighed grudges. If a larger group can make a difference, I am willing turn the other cheek and make it work.”

The ice fey keeps her voice neutral and her head in level with Callen. She turns to Tide with a smile that lacks the warmth of her neutral lips.

“Is this an attempt to intimidate me? Because it is not working. I will not tolerate this attempt at bullying me into giving you what you want nor will I be spoken that way. I am aware that there are needs to be met. I would suggest civility and curiosity if you want to get something out of our potential alliance. That exchange will come after clearing the bad air; the bad air being my lingering anger to the affronts to my being and perhaps to my companions. If we want to move on past this, I will be waiting for that sincere apology for the earlier action and the unjust treatment I received from you, and the other condition fulfilled.”

Blanc’s eyes dart to the changeling who is stressed out from her heated tit for tat with Callen.

“Yohaan, do you need space?”
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-08-28 at 10:27 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

The pixie would just stay near them and stay silent as he really did not have anything to add other than following their group that seemed to speak to another group. He would just pay attention to what the blue fey said and others, as the pixie was boring politics, was not really his thing even if he was a noble pixie. He would fly up and look in hopes someone in this town has a flower that he can get nectar to eat.

Spoiler: info and stuff
    Show

(1d20+15)[29] perception to see if any berries of plants produce nectar

if found

(1d20+7)[24] to gather berries and nectar to eat

Last edited by niw18; 2022-08-28 at 10:07 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Your hostility towards me? Is that hostility born of my attempt to engage you in friendly conversation or from her unbidden intrusion into a complete stranger's business? Given your reaction to this man's efforts at friendly discourse, I'm hard-pressed not to assume it really is a fragile feeling of superiority that turns pleasantries into threats and intimidations. I have not acted in any hostile manner to anyone in this square now. Haven't spoken in any threatening way, either. There's a job that needs done and I mean to do my part, whatever that is, to get it done. Let me know when you lot are going for it, it if you don't want me along with you so I can find some other group." With that, Callen moves to find a place to sit and wait.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Although most of the squares occupants have started going about their business, you current discussions are attracting attention. One of the sideline individuals, a meager wizard of no real notice, casts detect magic. (Cbviously and not trying in any way to be sneaky, or hide that it is just detect magic) and looks at the group. When she does her eyes widen a little. "Oh boy" she whispers and you can tell she is slightly intimidated.

It occurs to you that in a small town such as this, that the most powerful people in town might just be the group standing in the square. A group having what appears to be an escalating argument, fueled buy what an outsider might take to be pride, having an argument that seems to get getting out of control. (Remember most didn't see how it started.)

The wizard starts looking around, calculations and probability running through her head. Any of you present could tell her the odds, in this crowd, if she stay she could be killed by a stray spell.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I am smiling. A half dozen plus high powered (relatively) individuals who are use to being recognized for their power accidentally bump into each other and ask for an apology... then the whole town blows up.

You guys look like powerhouses to the low levels standing around you; powerhouses heating up. If you want to make a good impression on the populace it won't be by making half the town wonder if you guys are going to shed blood over small slights. Well I guess that depends upon who you are trying to attract. Anyway that goes double for anyone wanting to recruit.

I warned players when we started that NPCs react to player decisions. Right or wrong, the outsiders perception are being formed watching a very public display in the town square.

10. - Top - End - #70

At first, Ferrous was rather pleased by how people answered his request, listening to the information being given to him and taking stock. The fact that Tide was unskilled with ranged weaponry was not a surprise honestly. Their size and stature pushed them toward an individual who was skilled with melee combat. Still, it would have been nice to be surprised, just as he was surprised that the loud and boisterous Tide was skilled at stealth.

Toboruk was a skilled duelist as well, which, at the very least, meant that the group had people that could keep threats away from archers like himself. Though Ferrous tended to need to be quite near the fight in order to make full use of his alchemical weapons, it was useful having people stop any opponents from getting uncomfortably close. Even if his bow was made in the elven fashion and could be used as a staff if absolutely necessary. This ‘Lady Aralis d'Enther’ was far more intriguing. A druid? Even one that was more aligned with the city than the wilds was most useful, and Ferrous turned to her and queried. “Lady Aralis, may I presume that your druidic craft and hunting knowledge extends to the ability to track individuals through the wilds?” A useful skill indeed, as while the caravan would be easy enough to follow. Chances were that after the ambush, there would be others they needed to follow, the Hellblades were quite skilled at covering their tracks after all.

After this, however... conversation swiftly broke down.

Ferrous pinched his nose, closed his eyes, held his breath, counted up to ten, then let his nose go as he breathed out, opening his eyes once more. He truly had needed a moment to calm himself down at this ‘He said she said’ exchange. These were the type of individuals who were planning on taking on a group of highly skilled and incredibly well-organised raiders? Seems talent did not lead to maturity... “Stop. All you. Stop.” He said firmly, turning his head to look at everyone in turn. Tide. Blanc. Yohan. Callen. Making sure they knew that he was addressing the four of them. “I don’t know who is in the right and who is in the wrong here, and currently, I don’t care. Currently, there is a convoy of eager warriors most likely being led directly into an ambush. The longer we stand around, bickering over who needs to say sorry for what, the higher chance the Hellblades have at slaughtering everyone and escaping without giving us a chance to follow. So. If you care about taking down the Hellblades, or saving the lives of others, then keep your minor complaints to yourself, and let us get moving. We can talk and plan our next steps on the way.”

11. - Top - End - #71

AssassinGuy

Like a chameleon, Blanc expression changes back to her previous demeanor when addressing Callen.

"I have not experience this unorthodox method of greeting. As such, I get angry when I fail to understand your intent. I do not care what you call me. My goal here is to dispel ill feelings from our side and try to make things work with your group."

She crosses her arm when Ferrous speaks.

"These minor complaints matter if we want to make this union work. And if time is of essence and you want us to work with you, perhaps you can apologize on your companion's behalf, introduce yourself and your companions and help me mend the relationship between these two."

Blanc gestures to Yohaan and Callen.

"Otherwise, my group will be on our way to fight those Hellblades on our own."
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-08-28 at 07:02 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Tide raised an eyebrow at Blanc's words. His face took on that pitying look again, though when his tone slipped he sounded... happy? "Now kitty, if I were trying to cause fear in you, you would know." He waggled a meaty finger. "Clearly you are not seeing. I inter--" He coughed. "Spoke over you; you spoke over me. You gave me unsol--" another cough, "social advice I did not ask for, which I mostly did not heed. I gave you social advice to which you pay no mind. Twice you named me harshly; I have given you the same. My words are as right or wrong as yours-- what can be more just? How dare you be angry?" He paused. "Or almost just. I do not lie to you. I know what 'turn the other cheek' means-- it means 'accept a wrong and not repay it.' That's diam--" he covered his mouth with his hand, "not at all what you will to do, not at all."

He nodded at Ferrous's words, apparently not noticing the mage. "You are right, I think. They are far enough ahead to not see us coming now." He looked at Blanc, the quiet pixie, and 'Yohaan,' scratching the bridge of his noise. "All of you are welcome to come, of course, or not. You," his eyes focused on Blanc, "are urged to argue with me as we go, too, at least until we have a plan and I need to sneak ahead." He laughed and started walking towards the edge of town.

Show

Currently active:
    Nondetection (DC 24)
    Altered Shape: Humanoid, Fake Skin, Giant, Replicate IV: Regeneration 2/silver or good, DR/Cold Iron, Replicate I: Improved Grab

Last edited by Cassus; 2022-08-28 at 08:27 PM. Reason: bad tage

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Callen doesn't bother saying anything, but instead gets to his feet and walks beside Tide.

The basket of fruit remains behind, on a crate.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Toboruk Shellshan

Considers the situation.

To Blanc:
    I have no reason to doubt you act in good faith, but it seems clear to me that your approach is flawed.
    I believe your alternative to be more appropriate for the moment. We will part ways in peace, and perhaps come to an accord at a future point in time.

And this way I do not need to worry about competing against you socially in the short term.

To (Ferrous, Tide, Callen, Aralis)
    Lets go.

And with that, he starts going after the caravan.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

You can go as two groups.

You can decide later if you think each group can handle it on their own. Or if you want to find safety in numbers.

The trail is not hard to follow. They start out on the main road. After a short ride they leave off onto a small side road/trail.
    Spoiler: Decisions
    Show

@Everyone
    How are you all avoiding detection? if it needs a roll, Roll.

Please roll your perception (spot/listen as one skill, house-rule)

How far back do you want to be? (as far as you can to barely see them? Close enough that you could charge in? Or close enough that an enemy might think you part of the caravan as a rear guard?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Aralis d'Enther
    "Off to a promising start," Aralis murmurs, a touch of asperity in her voice. It was hardly the first time that touchy personalities and pride had fragmented a group of adventurers, but she wondered absently if it might have been a record. It was certainly giving her some pause about the likelihood of success in a group and perhaps moreso the impact this might have upon her reputation, though she began walking at a sedate pace beside the more level headed members nonetheless and responded to a query that had been posed to her earlier before the argument broke out.

"While I am not particularly versed in tracking on my own, there are a few forms that I am familiar with that will grant me some facility." She engages in small talk with Ferrous until the group is out of the city, not particularly wanting to trigger more discussion or potentially argument in view of the citizenry.

Once they are out, however, she adds in a louder voice, addressed to all. "Assuming that we are following the elf and his band, what is the goal here? To wait until the Hellblades attack and then intervene, to somehow monitor their progress? Are we hiding ourselves from the adventurers in over their heads and the one who has led them astray and this an attempt to keep our strength in reserve and essentially capitalize upon an attack upon them?

"The latter seems little different from what I suspect the elf and his band likely intend... assuming they are not actually working with the ogres directly, though I've heard no word of that myself."
    The final comment was brought up in a thoughtful tone, more a question about the possibility than anything.

"It is possible our strength would swing the tide in an engagement, but... to be honest, I am unsure I would be able to hide my presence well enough to ensure I was a surprise and if they are able to plan for us, we might as well have joined in with the group from the start."
    Damage Taken: 0, Effects Active: None
    Spoiler: Rolls and Actions
    Show

None

Last edited by Balthanon; 2022-08-31 at 03:53 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

After they'd passed the edge of town, Tide looked back at the others. In a marginally more subdued tone, "Well. Do we have a plan other than 'follow and see what happens'? If not, I will scout ahead."
    He tilted at Aralis's words. "Right now, they will treat us as foes if we go near. I had hoped to step in when they were under attack, yes. If hiding is not your forte, can you," he shifted to address this to everyone, "close quickly and so follow from afar?" A pause. "Or can you expect to see other scouts before they find our group?"

After listening to the responses, "I will check on them and circle back to keep in touch. I have good cover." He moved his enormous blue-fire draconic arm in between himself and the others, turning slightly to the side so that his entire musclebound form was hidden from view. In a singsong tone, "I hide myself, behind myself, and then I try, to find myself." There was a rush of air, sounding like he'd just blown out a candle. The light of the arm went out, revealing nothing behind it.

Well hidden, Tide sped towards the caravan, still not getting too close, but moving to within earshot to see if anything interesting was discussed-- or if anything interesting was following the group. After a few minutes, he'd circle back to the group to appraise them of his findings and catch up on the ongoing discussion.

Show

OOC-- what's the weather like? What time of day is it? Sorry if you've said already and I missed it!

Stealth (includes bonus from invisibility while moving and penalty for moving; remember he has Darkstalker): (1d20+42)[57]

Perception (remember he has Blindsight): (1d20+10)[20]

Currently active:
    Nondetection (DC 24)
    Altered Shape: Humanoid, Fake Skin, Graceful Frame, Wings, Replicate III: blindsight 60', Replicate V: Natural Invisibility

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

Aralis d'Enther
    "Would they though? Attack that is?" Aralis tilts her head, considering the question. "They can't really afford to do that in my opinion. You didn't make such a terrible impression that the majority of their group would consider us enemies-- only their ostensible 'leaders' would see us as a concern. And if they attack us, then all the better-- they prove they have ulterior motives and we have a better opportunity to present alternatives to those likely to be slaughtered by the ogres."

Giving some thought to the alternative to following the group, Aralis gives some thought to this, taking a bit of time while Tide is scouting to put together her thoughts. "I see a couple of alternatives to simply tailing the group-- one, we could in fact try and scout around them for the Hellblades instead. While I am not stealthy, I do have forms that can fly, which might assist with that, though... I will admit that I am not the most perceptive individual. My vision is somewhat compromised by a familial curse and due to its supernatural origins, it is rather... persistent."

She shrugs slightly, then proceeds with another option. "This... might be a slightly more risky proposition, but alternatively, what if we were to lay a false trail for the group? Move ahead of them and disguise our activities as the Hellblades, indicating an imminent attack upon the town or another location through whatever clues we might think of. Or, if we are confident enough, we could even stage an attack-- illustrate the true dangers they are facing, though I suspect this might take the risks of injuring the innocent too far."

Looking around at the remainder of the group, she says, "Are there any other thoughts on how we might alleviate the dangers of the group ahead without compromising our own safety? Or things that we could do to make the original plan have more impact?"
    Show

None

Last edited by Balthanon; 2022-08-31 at 03:52 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Toboruk Shellshan

Stays well out of sight of the caravan the group is following. He relies on the abilities of those skilled in stealth, or with alternate means of scouting.

Please consider, that as mighty as we may be, there is a significant possibility that our intervention would have no change of the outcome of the coming "battle". Our primary task is to learn what we can about our enemies, perhaps pierce an encirclement if possible.

20. - Top - End - #80

AssassinGuy

Blanc shakes her head at Tide as if disappointed with his words and leans to Toboruk's words. She looks at Ferrous.

"It seems we must go our separate ways for now. May we meet again in better mind and shape."

The blue woman leads the group away to a distance.

"My apologies on the meeting that went sideways. I believe it is partly my fault for the choice of words. It seems I still have much to learn about the art of interactions with people. Yohaan, Puck, I understand if you want to go with them. I am not going to stop you. I am not joining them for the moment because I cannot work with the one known as Tide for the moment. I am going on a route separate from theirs to stay out of their way and to test the waters with these Hellblades so to speak. You are welcome to join me."

Once she have their responses or some time has passed with no responses, she will float several inches above ground and go a separate route from Ferrous's group, using stealth to mask her movement as she proceeds via natural covers from natural terrain.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Stealth: (1d20+3)[21]
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-08-31 at 07:48 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

Aralis d'Enther
    Nodding towards Toboruk, Aralis says, "I agree with that assessment, that is why I brought this up-- there are at least some of us that feel the adventurers in question have been duped and don't deserve the likely death they are facing though. I'm not confident that we would make a substantial deterrent if they are actually attacked in force or even allow for a messy escape.

"It is possible that we'll acquire some knowledge if we allow it, but is it worth allowing the infusion of coin and magic that acquiring the magic items and equipment of those adventurers would provide to the Hellblades? Even assuming we do in fact learn anything?"
    Aralis tries to recall the number of adventurers that actually went with the bard and her own assessment of their wealth.
    Show

None

Last edited by Balthanon; 2022-09-01 at 04:54 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

@cassus
    The weather is fair it is early fall and the heat is noticeable but not bad especially since the midday passes shortly after the caravan was left the town.

The caravan is moving slowly so it is not hard to fly back and forth. What form are you in while doing so may I ask? Or are you just growing wings?

Tide will notice that the three who are most noteworthy, drow, masked one, and bard, ride up and down the line together. They are usually within a few feet of each other.

@Aralis and Toboruk
    At what distance do you follow? Tide is going back and forth but how far do you follow back?

Aralis would know that each individual in the group was not worth a lot, but together they would make quite a tidy sum should they be looted.

@Blanc
    How far back do you follow? Flying makes following easier but distance can matter for several reasons.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

he would watch as the meeting between the two groups go sour as they seem not to be able to meet in the middle. He would look at her afterward and hear her words and shrug "I stick with you us fey have stick together" he say to blanc and would look to Yohaan. He would watch others go and look to the group wondering what Yohaan well do. The two of them could make the life of the hellblades hell but it would be very hard so the third would be very much needed but it is her choice what they are going to do.
    Last edited by niw18; 2022-09-01 at 11:29 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84

Yohaan
    The changeling will breathe a sigh, whether of relief or resignation is anyone's guess though. She will turn to Blanc and smile meekly, "sadly, I believe that meeting went as well as it could have so no apology is needed. It would seem that the world is much larger than any of us could have anticipated, with such... unique characters," She pauses for a moment, "although I would be more than happy to join the two of you 'unique characters', no use in a healer going in alone," she says as she turns to address both the fey with a smile.

She follows but after a few moments and noticing the visually stealthy attempts of the wintery fey and naturally elusive nature of the faerie she laughs softly, "I would be a shining beacon to the Hellblades if I where to stay near the two of you, I will go above and search for signs of life.. or combat." she says. She looks at the both of them, "you know, he might be loud, the one that is known as Tide may be onto something about long distance communication." she says with a laugh, "sadly I have yet to develop such abilities, having traveled alone thus far.. I take it neither of you have such a capability or a way to fix the communication issue?"
    NAAARUUUUTOOOOOOOO

25. - Top - End - #85

“If you choose to put your hurt feelings above saving lives, then that’s your choice,” Ferrous said coldly when Blanc rejected his attempts to bring them in line. If she was going to go off on her own and not join forces, easily the logical choice, simply because of a few meaningless words? Then fine. Ferrous would not be interested in joining with her in the slightest. Individuals ruled entirely by emotion were incapable of being worked with, and would disrupt any plans that he, or the group, would make. If anything, Ferrous was more upset that Blanc seemed to have enough pull and influence to have others join her in this stupidity, rather than Blanc’s choice herself.

As it was, he had encouraged them to start walking, so he did. Leaving town and following the caravan from quite a distance, pulling out a whistle and blowing on it as he did, though it would make no sound that humans could hear. Other, non-human people might catch a rather high-pitched note coming from the whistle before he stopped and put it back. It would take a small while for Ghost to arrive and catch up, but he was confident that there would be no conflict until then. Even so, he would flick out the shuriken again and start fiddling with it, making sure he had its magic available for when violence did break out.

“I am afraid, Lady Aralis, that you are not considering an important aspect of the situation. While I am presumptions in this, I fully believe that ‘Anwar’, or whatever his true name is, is not simply untrustworthy, but actively working alongside the Hellblades in some form or another.” Ferrous said when the noble lady spoke up and admitted she had doubts about the plan of ‘follow the convoy and intervene with the ambush’. “Because of this, and the grip he and his allies have over the convoy, I doubt that we will be able to sway the convoy away from the ambush he has planned for them. Nor do I believe that faking an ambush of our own would be effective. If anything, he would simply use it as an opportunity to do great damage to us, and then simply encourage the group to move on again.”

Still, they had a point that they would not be able to save many if they simply allowed the ambush to happen. It had been a worry of Ferrous’ in the first place, and he had never quite been happy with his initial idea of simply trying to create a weak point in the Hellblade’s forces for them to fight through. It was Lady Aralis herself, however, that gave them a different idea. “But perhaps I am thinking about this the wrong way myself, Lady Aralis. We might not be able to influence the people of the convoy, but there are horses pulling the caravans. Tell me, would you be able to convince them from afar to change direction?”

There was another option as well, and when Tide next came back to report - and Ferrous was impressed by his skill at stealth - Ferrous asked him bluntly. “Tide. Will you be capable of sneaking directly up to the carriages themselves? A potential option is to sabotage the carriages before they reach the ambush point.”

26. - Top - End - #86

AssassinGuy

"I do not have telepathic capabilities or magic for communicating at a distance. My area of expertise leans towards keeping the enemies at bay as well as providing support with cover. I agree with staying some distance away from each other but close enough that we can keep in touch. My abilities can cause friendly fire."

Blanc takes a scroll out and skims it.

"I am surprised my species is listed as fey. I thought I was an elemental and I am suppose to trick people? I am new to this fey business but perhaps the ways of the fey are appropriate for battling the Hellblades since we lack a meat shield. Making a fool out of the Hellblades sounds fun. We have to find one though or we can use that earlier group as our searching tool. If we are in combat with them, how about I lure them into range where you can pepper them with what tricks you have in store?"
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-09-03 at 08:46 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Aralis d'Enther
    "It is something I have considered, but as I said, not something I have heard rumors of in the activity of the Hellblades as a whole-- which isn't to say I have discounted the possibility. It is likely best to make the assumption that this group is in fact in their pay; my point was more that Anwar or whatever his name might be cannot overtly act on any aggression by directing the group against us." She nods slightly and says, "It is a good reason to keep hidden nonetheless if he does not already know we follow."

"As for the animals they are using... I have a few thoughts on that, but most of the possibilities would involve less control and more simply frightening the beasts when at range. It would likely make them panic, admittedly. And honestly, it is possible it might do the same to the adventurers which would make it less likely they might keep their animals under control, though it is still a temporary condition. Making any of this last significantly is the difficulty here."

She pauses and gives this some thought. "What if we were to combine this with the idea I had regarding a false trail, in fact? Lay a trail that appears as if they've stumbled across ogres crossing the road with some kind of large beast; a bit later we spook those who can be spooked-- it might begin peeling off some of the followers that decide they are in over their head, though without someone on the inside, it likely the bard could recover. If they are not in fact in league with the Hellblades, then it has the chance of sending them off on a wild goose chase."
    Show

None

Last edited by Balthanon; 2022-09-03 at 03:20 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Tide's enormous blue-fire arm flickered into existence beside the path where the party was walking; he stepped out from behind it. "I concur with Ara-- it is much better to prevent so many needless deaths, and it will hinder the ogres too!" His voice was pitched low and rumbling-- not whispering, but basically a normal human volume that would not carry far at all. His smile was even bigger, as if it had somehow drawn mass from his voice. "And it is right to be wary of the bard. He and the other two ride the line as a group."

The hulking man listened while the others discussed plans. "These sound like ways to delay the group. If we do break a wheel, what is the goal? Fly ahead of the group and win 'ere they meet the ogres? Or just make the trip so bad we hope they turn back?"

Show

OOC-- @Dieuoffire: For scouting, once he is fully invisible, Tide assumes the form of a very small Tide with butterfly wings-- think "one-armed pixie bodybuilder."
    When the three suspicious companions ride the line, what are they doing? Are they watching the wagons, or leaving marks on the ground, or looking outwards, etc? It would be useful to know if they constantly look towards the top of a particular hill or otherwise seem to be expecting some kind of signal.

Currently active:
    Nondetection (DC 24)
    Altered Shape: Humanoid, Fake Skin, Replicate V: Natural Invisibility, Giant, Replicate IV: Regeneration 2/silver or good, DR/Cold Iron

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Toboruk Shellshan
    If we can stop the caravan, we change the site of battle to something less favorable to the hellblades. If we merely slow the caravan, we gain time to scout. Learning how our foes react to a change in circumstances may serve us well in the future.

To Tide's Question:
    The goal is to grant those in the caravan a fighting chance at survival, and to learn about our enemies. Remember, these people are here to fight, and deserve an opportunity to.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Callen doesn't bother looking at anyone around him, but keeps pace following the caravan. "This militia offers us an opportunity. Seein' as we don't have much chance at stopping them, we can use them as a squall. See, if we quit trying to stop them and just let them do their thing, the hellblades will have to focus on them. That gives us a chance at pulling their people out of formation at a rate we can use.""