New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Iron Station Savage Masks IC III

Quote Originally Posted by HIDA View Post
    "Sorry to be the bad guy, mate." Manny says looking back at his beer.

"Infatuation is scary because it taste like love if you've never known it. It'll get you swept up. It's the same reason... I'm worried about John." He says, taking another swig.

"John is likely the smartest person I know but even he's not immune to a pretty face. And not that I know Emilia to be anything other than pleasant but She could absolutely be taking John for a ride and He would take it to Hell to see the flames dance in her eyes."

Manny sighs and rubs his face. He's probably over thinking it.

"Sorry You were asking me about my thoughts? On what?"
    Keith shrugs and figures he'll say screw it and pitch in for the replacement beer. Manny might be able to buy it, since he certainly couldn't. He takes a swig and grimaces. Following Manny's apology, Keith shakes his head.

"Nah, someone's gotta put us back in reality. And you're right, it can be a massive downfall not knowing what love is like." Keith sighs again and looks at Manny. "I'm partially to blame for John getting infatuated with Emi. Though, can tell you that she's just as infatuated too. Heard him speakin' Angelical and was stricken."

Not that it did any good for Grayson, now they'd both be in sadboi hours. Most likely anyway. He took another swig and shrugged.

"Yeah, mostly just on the team, anything you wanted to know, or whatever you wanna share man. Really curious how ya came up with Izulu for the name."

2. - Top - End - #422
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Roguewolf View Post
    Keith shrugs and figures he'll say screw it and pitch in for the replacement beer. Manny might be able to buy it, since he certainly couldn't. He takes a swig and grimaces. Following Manny's apology, Keith shakes his head.

"Nah, someone's gotta put us back in reality. And you're right, it can be a massive downfall not knowing what love is like." Keith sighs again and looks at Manny. "I'm partially to blame for John getting infatuated with Emi. Though, can tell you that she's just as infatuated too. Heard him speakin' Angelical and was stricken."

Not that it did any good for Grayson, now they'd both be in sadboi hours. Most likely anyway. He took another swig and shrugged.

"Yeah, mostly just on the team, anything you wanted to know, or whatever you wanna share man. Really curious how ya came up with Izulu for the name."
    "Izulu is the spirit my powers come from. I'll tell you bit more about it later... don't drink you're underaged." Manny says with a grin taking the bottle after watching his face contort.

"You may be immune to poison but alcohol is definitely an acquired taste."

Manny looks around again.

"The team... is interesting. There's You, John, Louis, Raphael, and now Myself with Seraph being the XO. Seraph seems extraordinarily busy, but no ones been made Field Lead? Like Drake from south side. However Everyone seems capable albeit a bit reluctant to take the position for their own reasons so that strikes me as odd. I don't know all that much about Raphael or Louis aside from the standard AEGIS profiles. Bernie knows more probably but His access far outclasses mine. But all in all I don't know anyone on the team well enough to do anything but make sweeping generalizations."

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

John
    Emi shakes her head in response to John’s suggestion. “In people like you or Grayson, where I cannot read their thoughts, I can only feel very strong emotions. And with my powers being as they are right now, I most likely couldn’t feel anything. In any case, I try to suppress it as much as possible. Such emotions are very personal, like thoughts.”

“If you’re referring to when I reached out to you to reassure you after I leaned away from your touch, I just wanted to make sure you knew that I appreciated it,” Emi says with a slightly self conscious smile. “I just didn’t want to embarrass either of us. I didn’t read anything from you, other than your facial expression and body language.”

4. - Top - End - #424

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    John
    Emi shakes her head in response to John’s suggestion. “In people like you or Grayson, where I cannot read their thoughts, I can only feel very strong emotions. And with my powers being as they are right now, I most likely couldn’t feel anything. In any case, I try to suppress it as much as possible. Such emotions are very personal, like thoughts.”

“If you’re referring to when I reached out to you to reassure you after I leaned away from your touch, I just wanted to make sure you knew that I appreciated it,” Emi says with a slightly self conscious smile. “I just didn’t want to embarrass either of us. I didn’t read anything from you, other than your facial expression and body language.”
    John also smiled self-consciously. “Truth be told, I think having the others hear you make sounds of pleasure at my touch would have more fed my ego than fueled embarrassment on my part. But just in case it comes up, you don’t have to worry about reading things off of with me with your powers. After all, you are supposed to know that I have powerful feelings about you.”

Unless it is about they way it unsettles me that Grayson’s name comes up at times like this, John thought, pushing down the flicker of an irrational response. You like the guy, you are glad they are friends, and there is an obvious comparison here relative to your powers and how they interact with her. You have no cause to be insecure.

Except for her being out of your league, of course.

Just like Dad will talk about Mom being out of his.

Not a bad precedent.

It’s all good.

“So a quick pop quiz in the moments before Clea parks herself: What is your favorite film?” John asked, still unsure if he wanted to hear her say The Princess Bride or not.

5. - Top - End - #425

AssassinGuy

"Izulu is the spirit my powers come from. I'll tell you bit more about it later... don't drink you're underaged." Manny says with a grin taking the bottle after watching his face contort.

"You may be immune to poison but alcohol is definitely an acquired taste."

Manny looks around again.

"The team... is interesting. There's You, John, Louis, Raphael, and now Myself with Seraph being the XO. Seraph seems extraordinarily busy, but no ones been made Field Lead? Like Drake from south side. However Everyone seems capable albeit a bit reluctant to take the position for their own reasons so that strikes me as odd. I don't know all that much about Raphael or Louis aside from the standard AEGIS profiles. Bernie knows more probably but His access far outclasses mine. But all in all I don't know anyone on the team well enough to do anything but make sweeping generalizations."
    Keith nods having a better understanding of the naming convention. It did make sense he would name it after a spirit for his powers. Eh also could explain how his powers work, would need to look into the Izulu spirit later. He just chuckles as Manny takes the beer from him.

"Aye aye, captain." Keith smirks a bit. "Though, that is interesting, and that's pretty neat to know about the powers at least. And can't argue with you again, is definitely an acquired taste."

He then listens to everything else that Manny mentions. Just how the team is interesting and we don't seem to have much in the way of an active field leader. Now that Keith thought about it a bit, that had changed depending on the mission a lot of times. Normally he figured Louis was the field lead, at least that's what it had said in most of the files he had gotten to read. Keith shrugged.

"I can get behind that, it is interesting. Seraph is insanely busy now with the demon incursion and the stricter curfew hours. From the profiles I had, seemed like Louis is primary Field Lead, but even with the mission this morning that seems to get passed around. Haven't spoken to Raph much, and only really hung out with Louis once outside of a mission so can't say much else on them. John seems to have taken a shine to it though. Dude just seems to know what's going on half the time."

Keith shakes his head and grins.

"I'm not exactly the best suited for a leader. Just not something I feel I can do well enough so that's my reasoning anyway."

6. - Top - End - #426

GreataxeFighterGuy

Keith nods having a better understanding of the naming convention. It did make sense he would name it after a spirit for his powers. Eh also could explain how his powers work, would need to look into the Izulu spirit later. He just chuckles as Manny takes the beer from him.

"Aye aye, captain." Keith smirks a bit. "Though, that is interesting, and that's pretty neat to know about the powers at least. And can't argue with you again, is definitely an acquired taste."

He then listens to everything else that Manny mentions. Just how the team is interesting and we don't seem to have much in the way of an active field leader. Now that Keith thought about it a bit, that had changed depending on the mission a lot of times. Normally he figured Louis was the field lead, at least that's what it had said in most of the files he had gotten to read. Keith shrugged.

"I can get behind that, it is interesting. Seraph is insanely busy now with the demon incursion and the stricter curfew hours. From the profiles I had, seemed like Louis is primary Field Lead, but even with the mission this morning that seems to get passed around. Haven't spoken to Raph much, and only really hung out with Louis once outside of a mission so can't say much else on them. John seems to have taken a shine to it though. Dude just seems to know what's going on half the time."

Keith shakes his head and grins.

"I'm not exactly the best suited for a leader. Just not something I feel I can do well enough so that's my reasoning anyway."
    "I'm sure everyone has their reasons and many will tell you that if you want to be in charge your probably shouldn't." Manny says nodding "Not that it means much either way. My former Field Leads weren't exactly torn up about my departure. I was seen by more than a few in AEGIS to be a liability for either my profile or my powers. But that's a story for later."

"...As for what you asked earlier, I'm not entirely sure, but there's definitely a person of interest." Manny says, Finishing off his beer.

7. - Top - End - #427

AssassinGuy

"I'm sure everyone has their reasons and many will tell you that if you want to be in charge your probably shouldn't." Manny says nodding "Not that it means much either way. My former Field Leads weren't exactly torn up about my departure. I was seen by more than a few in AEGIS to be a liability for either my profile or my powers. But that's a story for later."

"...As for what you asked earlier, I'm not entirely sure, but there's definitely a person of interest." Manny says, Finishing off his beer.
    Keith sighs and looks up at the ceiling for a moment.

"Yeah, you wanna be in charge then most will tell ya that. Forced to lead a few teams but never enjoyed it." He grins widely as Manny mentions his former leads weren't torn up with his departure.

"Well, guess that means you'll fit in just fine here. Old lead from East Side seems glad I ain't around for the most part, not that they ever let me do much with the team....." Keith's face contorts again. He then shrugs as Manny mentions his powers and profile being a story for later.

"In that case, I look forward to it! We'll have to swap those stories sometime." He then chuckles a bit as Manny mentions someone of interest.

"Would definitely recommend talkin' with them. Care to share whatcha noticin' or savin' that as a surprise?"

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by mmdeforrest View Post
    John also smiled self-consciously. “Truth be told, I think having the others hear you make sounds of pleasure at my touch would have more fed my ego than fueled embarrassment on my part. But just in case it comes up, you don’t have to worry about reading things off of with me with your powers. After all, you are supposed to know that I have powerful feelings about you.”

Unless it is about they way it unsettles me that Grayson’s name comes up at times like this, John thought, pushing down the flicker of an irrational response. You like the guy, you are glad they are friends, and there is an obvious comparison here relative to your powers and how they interact with her. You have no cause to be insecure.

Except for her being out of your league, of course.

Just like Dad will talk about Mom being out of his.

Not a bad precedent.

It’s all good.

“So a quick pop quiz in the moments before Clea parks herself: What is your favorite film?” John asked, still unsure if he wanted to hear her say The Princess Bride or not.
    “I’ll keep that in mind,” Emi replies. As John asks his question, she looks down at the their hands. “As long as you promise not to laugh. It’s actually Anastasia, the animated one, followed very closely by The Phantom of the Opera. My mother was invited to play in several West End musicals, so I remember her practicing for them when I was very young. She showed me Anastasia when I was about two years old and she gave me the music box from the production when they were done. I still have it, and a few other props from other shows she played in. Watching those movies brings back memories of her. Not to mention I like the music.”

9. - Top - End - #429

GreataxeFighterGuy

Keith sighs and looks up at the ceiling for a moment.

"Yeah, you wanna be in charge then most will tell ya that. Forced to lead a few teams but never enjoyed it." He grins widely as Manny mentions his former leads weren't torn up with his departure.

"Well, guess that means you'll fit in just fine here. Old lead from East Side seems glad I ain't around for the most part, not that they ever let me do much with the team....." Keith's face contorts again. He then shrugs as Manny mentions his powers and profile being a story for later.

"In that case, I look forward to it! We'll have to swap those stories sometime." He then chuckles a bit as Manny mentions someone of interest.

"Would definitely recommend talkin' with them. Care to share whatcha noticin' or savin' that as a surprise?"
    "A Gentleman never tells." Manny says, Wiping off the lip of the Confiscated beer before chugging it and accenting it's completion with a satisfied belch. "But you could probably guess if you think about it. Anyway. I'm going to work out for a bit. Need to unwind. We'll chat again mate." Manny says, standing up from the table and heading back to his room.

Manny quickly throws on a hoodie and Starts to jog towards the park.

10. - Top - End - #430

AssassinGuy

"A Gentleman never tells." Manny says, Wiping off the lip of the Confiscated beer before chugging it and accenting it's completion with a satisfied belch. "But you could probably guess if you think about it. Anyway. I'm going to work out for a bit. Need to unwind. We'll chat again mate." Manny says, standing up from the table and heading back to his room.

Manny quickly throws on a hoodie and Starts to jog towards the park.
    Keith raises an eyebrow seeing Manny chug the rest of the nearly full beer bottle and shrugs when he could probably figure it out himself. He waves as Manny gets up from the table to go workout.

"I respect that, and have an idea. Enjoy the workout man." He waits until Manny is gone before grabbing a glass of water and heading back to his room, only minorly dejected at most of the conversation.

"How should I carry myself then? It's not like......"

"Bah, don't listen to that junk, he wouldn't understand the weight of everything you have to handle!" Keith sighed as White cackled a bit afterwards.

He couldn't really argue, it was taking all his concentration to figure out everything he could about the Empire and if they had a connection to the demons in Iron Station. He wondered how some of his old teammates were doing too, and just how long Kylie's shift with Aimee would be tonight.

No, don't text her again..... she'll respond when she can.

Keith made his way back to his room and sat down at his laptop, turning the TV onto the news to see what was going on. He figured he would take some of the time watching the news to look more into the Izulu spirit legends. He had wanted to speak with Zylas a bit more, but figured he might still be exhausted and wasn't sure if he was awake or not.

Spoiler: Keith uses Google-fu! Tell me the Legeng of Izulu.
    Show

Investigation (Google-fu): 1d6o6+2 3 1d6o6+2 15

Keith sighs as google loads up his searches.

"Hey Mimi? Is Zylas still awake?"
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2022-11-06 at 04:38 PM.

11. - Top - End - #431

OldWizardGuy

“I’ll keep that in mind,” Emi replies. As John asks his question, she looks down at the their hands. “As long as you promise not to laugh. It’s actually Anastasia, the animated one, followed very closely by The Phantom of the Opera. My mother was invited to play in several West End musicals, so I remember her practicing for them when I was very young. She showed me Anastasia when I was about two years old and she gave me the music box from the production when they were done. I still have it, and a few other props from other shows she played in. Watching those movies brings back memories of her. Not to mention I like the music.”
    John smiled broadly as Clea slowed so that East Side’s garage door could open. “The Andrew Lloyd Webber opera is one of Mom’s favorites. Dad took her to see the Toronto cast some time in the 90s. I remember being morally outraged when she said she could understand why Christine would go off with the Phantom, given Colm Wilkinson‘s singing voice. Of course, I was coming at it from the book, where Erik is clearly cast as the villain rather than a misunderstood artist.

“I’m afraid I passed on Anastasia the first time around,” John confessed. “I was taking myself a little too seriously and going through an ‘I’m a serious history person’ phase at the time.

“The good news is that I grew out of taking myself too seriously,” John said self-deprecatingly.

“Maybe we could watch it together sometime. Having you introduce me to it will keep me from being too serious about the historical liberties. And it would be good to know if I should allude to it or not if I ever bump into Rasputin.”

12. - Top - End - #432

NinjaGuy

Izzy Delivery Service

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    "That's true," Izzy says as she follows Louis out to the parking lot. "You do good work though."
    "Oh yeah? Well if you don't mind, do you think you could spare a couple of minutes to take West Side's new survey regarding our recent heroics? Our guardian angel would really appreciate it." He shakes his head at the idea and can't help but laugh a little. "I'd hate to see the actual responses we'd get back."

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    She looks at the bike and pales a little. "I'm gonna be honest, I haven't ever ridden a motorcycle. Not even as a passenger.
    "I wouldn't sweat it. I'm the best driver this side of the Mississippi, you'll be in good hands." Louis says, his smile conveying the utmost confidence in his abilities.

He takes a second to look Izzy over, letting his eyes linger on her outfit a second or two longer than intended.

Louis takes his jacket off with a flourish and offers it to Izzy. "It's gonna get cold so you might wanna wear this. I brought a helmet for you too." He says thumbing back at the headgear resting on the seat of the bike. "Wouldn't want anything to happen to your hair."
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2022-11-06 at 04:06 PM.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Manny
    As he starts on his way down the stairs toward the door to leave, Mimi comes over the intercom. “Remember, curfew begins at 9pm. It is currently 8:34.”

As he jogs toward the park, Manny hears a man’s yell that cuts off into a muffled groan from down an alley.

Keith
    The news is more of the same. Weather, some crime reports, a few happenings going on around the city.

Keith’s googling brings up some info: The impundulu (which translates as "lightning bird") takes the form of a black and white bird, the size of a person, which is said to summon thunder and lightning with its wings and talons. It is a vampiric creature associated with witchcraft, often the servant or familiar of a witch or witch doctor, which attacks the witch's enemies. It is said to have an insatiable appetite for blood. Sometimes it takes the form of a beautiful young man who seduces women.

“Zylas is awake,” Mimi replies. “I will let him know you wish to talk, if you want.”

John
    “I do like his voice,” Emi admits. “I heard it a few years ago when I was looking up different versions of the play.”

Clea parks herself in the garage, and Emi gets out after thanking the AI. “They did take some serious creative liberties,” she agrees. She smiles as John offers to watch it with her sometime. “I would really like that.”

John’s phone vibrates as they climb the stairs to the foyer.
    Spoiler: Text from Mimi
    Show
    Gentle reminder: Curfew begins at 9pm

Emi leads him down the empty hallway to the third door. When it opens it reveals a simple room that is meticulously clean. The only thing out of place is a black dress on top of her duvet and a different pair of silver heels that look taller than the ones she currently has on.

Over her desk is a cork board with large calendar that is full of neat, tight writing. There are two pictures— one in the top corner and one stuck in the bottom of the frame. The top picture is one of her family about ten years ago, with both her and her brother and her mother and father. They’re standing in front of the Sydney Opera House. The other picture is one of her, Grayson, Zack, and Kylie sitting on a large blanket in the Bastion College quad.

Her desk itself has her laptop, leather bound notebook, and the crystallized gardenia from John. The desk chair holds the gray backpack John had seen earlier in the day. Hanging on the wall over her dresser is a replica sword and the Phantom’s mask. On her nightstand is a stand to charge her phone and the music box she’d mentioned earlier.

She quickly grabs the dress and takes it back to her closet, revealing the large red and purple rose design on the white duvet.

Louis
    “I would take a survey. For you,” she says with a smirk. “You at least have one voice that’ll sing your praises.”

She shrugs on Louis’ jacket, which is slightly too big, and zips it up before she smiles at his joke. “Please Louis, this hair needs a good washing. It wouldn’t matter if the wind got to it. But thank you,” she says as she slips the helmet on. She waits for Louis to get on the bike before carefully using the back foot pegs to get on the small seat behind him. She squeezes her arms tightly around his stomach, pressing herself hard up against him as she feels how much she need to balance, with nothing else to hold on to.

Her voice has a slight waver of apprehension. “I’m really trusting you here, Louis.”
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2022-11-06 at 11:10 PM.

14. - Top - End - #434

AssassinGuy

Keith
    The news is more of the same. Weather, some crime reports, a few happenings going on around the city.

Keith’s googling brings up some info: The impundulu (which translates as "lightning bird") takes the form of a black and white bird, the size of a person, which is said to summon thunder and lightning with its wings and talons. It is a vampiric creature associated with witchcraft, often the servant or familiar of a witch or witch doctor, which attacks the witch's enemies. It is said to have an insatiable appetite for blood. Sometimes it takes the form of a beautiful young man who seduces women.

“Zylas is awake,” Mimi replies. “I will let him know you wish to talk, if you want.”
    Keith shakes his head at the news and laments his choice to not put on music instead. Even then he could have just thrown on a movie that could act as background noise but if Zylas were awake and willing to chat even a little bit, he wouldn't have it on for very long. At the search results, he tilts his head. He then looks up to the speakers and camera with a smile.

"Thank you, Mimi! And please? But only if he's alright with it, I'll be down in a couple minutes after looking at this right fast." Keith turns his attention back to the sceen.

"Lightning bird huh? That explains the lightning that rippled a bit. Didn't seem to have fangs like a traditional vampire either..... but the seduction of women..... Well if Kenzie's reaction was anything to go on.... 'Appetite for blood' could just be another way for saying blood thirsty, which he was rarin' to go earlier......"

Keith thinks for a few minutes. If he got his powers from an Izulu creature, did he get the good parts and not the taste for blood? Come to think of it, did he make a deal with a witch? He shook his head. It was Manny's story to tell, and he figured he would find out the next time they got to chat.

Keith shrugged and sighed, closing his laptop and placing it back on his desk. A guy that turns to bats, the guy my father almost killed, a sorcerer trained by the greats, and now a lightning spirit. Not to mention the angel and demon in the building too. West Side truly is an interesting place! Keith found himself thinking as he made his way to the door and back out into the hallway to Zylas's room.

When he arrived, he knocked on the door, at least if Zylas had been willing to chat a bit.

15. - Top - End - #435

GreataxeFighterGuy

Manny
    As he starts on his way down the stairs toward the door to leave, Mimi comes over the intercom. “Remember, curfew begins at 9pm. It is currently 8:34.”

As he jogs toward the park, Manny hears a man’s yell that cuts off into a muffled groan from down an alley.
    Manny waves at the camera closest to the door before heading out.

As he hears the muffled groan, Manny initially jogs past the alley before he carries himself off the ground and tries to get a vantage point above the noise without being noticed.

Spoiler: OOC: Sneaky Sneaky
    Show
    Stealth: 5

Bennies remaining 2/3
    Last edited by HIDA; 2022-11-06 at 09:57 PM.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Q & A:

Raphael plops down next to Stella at her invitation. "Well. Good." Raphael says.

He takes Stellas hand in his, intertwining his fingers with hers. "I... appreciate the sentiment. But I didn't do it so you'd feel like you owe me." He says quietly.

"I told Louis, while we were waiting for the flashing lights and sirens to show up at the house. I think... that makes it just the three of you on the team. Seraph's always known. Or, I mean, he found out when I joined up. If that was gonna be a problem I wanted to have it right away."

Raphael shakes his head. "I met her when I met Feris. Didn't even trade more than a few social niceties."

Raphael turns his eyes back to Stella. "Do you think it's a 'mage' thing?"

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Keith
    Zylas inclines his head as Keith enters his room. He’s currently seated on the futon, watching… something foreign on TV.

“Hello again, Keith,” he says as he turns the already low volume down, silencing the screaming Spanish woman.

Manny
    As Manny floats up to the top of one of the buildings that makes up the alleyway, he spots two gangbangers, one with a red hat, the other with a black jacket, in front of a man who’s writhing on the ground.

Red Hat shoves Jacket. “What the **** man?! He was gonna buy! Why did you stab ‘im?”

“I thought he was a ****in’ cop,” Jacket retorts. “I just had a feelin’, okay? Whatever. Let’s just take his **** and get out of here.”

Raphael
    “I know you didn’t,” Stella says with a gentle smile. “That’s why I’m so moved by it. You stuck to your word, even in the face of… what we went through in that dimension. You’re amazing, Raphael. I’m so very glad I met you on the roof of that church.”

She pulls up her legs and crosses them, letting one knee rest against Raphael’s thigh. “Is she a mage as well?” Stella thinks for a moment as she rests their hands on her leg. “What kind of magic did she do?”
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2022-11-07 at 07:13 AM.

18. - Top - End - #438

AssassinGuy

Keith
    Zylas inclines his head as Keith enters his room. He’s currently seated on the futon, watching… something foreign on TV.

“Hello again, Keith,” he says as he turns the already low volume down, silencing the screaming Spanish woman.
    Keith smiles and bows his head in thanks as he enters. Catching a glance of the telenovela on the TV, he recognizes it as one that has run a few times back in his time just hanging with the guards at one of the facilities. Granted he saw it on one of his breaks, and didn't understand much of Spanish. The main things he knew to say were thanks, bathroom, and hello.

"Good to see you again, Prince Zylas, and thanks for allowing me to come back in at such a late hour." Keith glanced around the newly furnished area and figured John had been busy this afternoon.

"I wanted to see how you were settling in. Also curious, if there was anything that you needed at this time as well. How are you enjoying the telenovela?"

Keith rubbed the back of his neck. He had been in the situation, just not this exact one before. Mostly just being confined to a single room.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2022-11-06 at 11:56 PM.

19. - Top - End - #439

OldWizardGuy

“I do like his voice,” Emi admits. “I heard it a few years ago when I was looking up different versions of the play.”

Clea parks herself in the garage, and Emi gets out after thanking the AI. “They did take some serious creative liberties,” she agrees. She smiles as John offers to watch it with her sometime. “I would really like that.”

John’s phone vibrates as they climb the stairs to the foyer.
    Show
    Gentle reminder: Curfew begins at 9pm
    John looked down in disbelief at the message. Even if he left now, he suspected it would be impossible to return to base on time.

He quickly swiped out two messages.

Spoiler: Text to Clea
    Show
    Clea: I suppose you are unable to fake a malfunction that would require me to stay here past curfew?

Spoiler: Text to Mimi
    Show
    Mimi: Please request an extension of curfew or, if appropriate, log my presence in East Side and in Clea as being within the bounds of curfew. If approval is required, please assure Seraph I will return to base promptly after dropping Emi off and aiding her in her recovery after tonight’s operation.

Clea responded immediately after he sent the text to Mimi.

Spoiler: Clea responds
    Show
    That depends on how much of a complication you think having the AEGIS equivalent of AAA arriving would be — given that this is a Myriad base. I am currently asking Mimi if I count as a mobile base for you under these circumstances. I suspect she would have been more willing to stretch that particular rule prior to Sidney’s recent escapade.

Emi leads him down the empty hallway to the third door. When it opens it reveals a simple room that is meticulously clean. The only thing out of place is a black dress on top of her duvet and a different pair of silver heels that look taller than the ones she currently has on.

Over her desk is a cork board with large calendar that is full of neat, tight writing. There are two pictures— one in the top corner and one stuck in the bottom of the frame. The top picture is one of her family about ten years ago, with both her and her brother and her mother and father. They’re standing in front of the Sydney Opera House. The other picture is one of her, Grayson, Zack, and Kylie sitting on a large blanket in the Bastion College quad.

Her desk itself has her laptop, leather bound notebook, and the crystallized gardenia from John. The desk chair holds the gray backpack John had seen earlier in the day. Hanging on the wall over her dresser is a replica sword and the Phantom’s mask. On her nightstand is a stand to charge her phone and the music box she’d mentioned earlier.

She quickly grabs the dress and takes it back to her closet, revealing the large red and purple rose design on the white duvet.
    John’s eyes quickly swept the room as he followed Emi in. The space was comparable to their rooms at West Side — including placing the closets on one side of the room and the bath on the other to help minimize sound transfer. Nevertheless, he found himself moving quietly — or at least attempting to as he had in the hallway. He was also found himself instinctively folding his hands behind his back, concerned that a stray touch might inadvertently trigger an instance of object reading.

That was not to say he was not tempted to do so. He still knew so little about her mother beyond what he had discovered and what Emi had told him. Soon, he would have the handful of dates Mr. Shaw would send him detailing some key moments in her life.

It was very little to go on. One touch of the picture could reveal much.

Spoiler: Not as impressive as the last sword he saw
    Show

Likewise, the three artifacts she had chosen to display — two of which she had connected to her mother in prior conversations: The music box from Anastasia and the mask from Phantom of the Opera. The sword appeared to be a stage weapon but it could be from any number of shows and his theatrical experience was more tightly focused on Elizabethan drama than the kinds of musicals the other objects were associated with and that she hinted her mother could bring home for her.

The more recent picture — likely taken by her brother — might offer a window into her relationship to her teammates. He looked away from it as he caught part of his mind assessing the distance between her and Grayson.

The leather notebook, set near the gardenia he had set for her in Imperishable Crystal, was equally tempting — especially as there was a fair chance that it was a journal, brimming with the thoughts and feelings Emi would have securely placed there, out of sight of prying eyes.

But she trusted him to be here and he had no intention of breaking that trust.

He bent and picked up the silver heels, following her to the closet.

“In case it ever matters,” he said quietly as he smiled at her and offered the shoes, “your appearing taller than me doesn’t bother me in the slightest.” He glanced back at her desk. “I can’t place the sword, although it could be from any number of productions. Another gift from your mother’s time on the West End?”

As excited and honored as he was to be there, he was also nervous.

Very nervous.

Nervous enough to no longer be sure what qualified as things going well or not or what Emi would and would not want him to attempt. Kissing would certainly make answering her questions difficult but what if she was hoping he would try something?

He wasn’t about to, of course. She had told him what she had planned for them to do. He would massage her neck and they would cover some to all of the backlog of questions they had after the evening.

Very straightforward.

If the good news was that his never having been in a serious relationship before now meant he did not have to worry about an ex kissing him at an awkward moment, the bad news was he had absolutely no frame of reference for what he should do at a moment like this.

“Um…”

He took a deep breath.

“Before you tell me about the rapier, I have a confession to make. It likely won’t come as a surprise, but I’m less than a week into my first serious relationship and I have found myself in my girlfriend’s room. I am not planning to do anything scandalous, nor am I suggesting that we should. And while I was in some of the ladies’ dorm rooms as Salve, it was always as the trusted friend.

“That’s not to say I’m not your trusted friend, but I am hoping I am a little more than that, too.

He looked down.

He could trust her.

And be vulnerable with her.

“I wish to behave well and appropriately, Emi. But, in truth, I am not sure I know all of the borders of that lie at this particular moment. Please let me know if I drift too close to one of them inadvertently.”

20. - Top - End - #440

NinjaGuy

Delivery Boy, First Class

She shrugs on Louis’ jacket, which is slightly too big, and zips it up before she smiles at his joke. “Please Louis, this hair needs a good washing. It wouldn’t matter if the wind got to it. But thank you,” she says as she slips the helmet on. She waits for Louis to get on the bike before carefully using the back foot pegs to get on the small seat behind him. She squeezes her arms tightly around his stomach, pressing herself hard up against him as she feels how much she need to balance, with nothing else to hold on to.

Her voice has a slight waver of apprehension. “I’m really trusting you here, Louis.”
    "Hey, I still like how it looks now for whatever it's worth." Louis replies with a playful smirk. The hero dons the goggles resting over his light blue v-neck and waits for his passenger to find a comfortable position for herself on the back of his bike.

He takes it slow as the two pull out of the hospital parking lot and asks Izzy for the general location of her apartment or a nearby landmark he'd know. After getting an idea of which direction to go Louis mentally charts the most linear and least congested route to Izzy's apartment possible. He traverses the city streets at tame pace only picking up speed ever so slightly in straightaways once he feels Izzy's gained more confidence in her ability to keep herself balanced. While he'd normally feel the urge to push his pace, cutting corners and racing lights, the embrace of the woman clinging to him was more than enough to keep his need for speed in check.

Spoiler: The Best There Is
    Show
    Driving: 11

Louis spends 2 Benny's to reroll his results! (1 Benny Remaining)

How's the saying go? "Overpromise. Overdeliver." Gotta make a good first impression. ;)
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2022-11-07 at 10:58 AM.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Keith
    “Is that what you call this?” he asks as he looks at the screen again. “Telenovela… It’s… interesting to say the least. I’m very confused by what’s happening, but I haven’t been watching long. Until recently, I was sleeping.“

“If you say it is late, I believe you,” the demon says with a slight smile. “With no windows, I have no way to perceive what time it is, and my sleep schedule is in disarray. Though I am unsure how much sleep humans need. Do you sleep every night?” he asks curiously.

He considers Keith’s question for a moment. “This place is infinitely better than where I was confined earlier. It is comfortable. I am allowed to have delicious food and water. There is entertainment, however odd it may be. Even though there is an Erelim that stays here, I currently do not fear for my life. If anything, I could use a new book,” he says, gesturing at the one on the end table. “I finished that one earlier.”

Louis
    As she learns how the bike behaves, Izzy’s death grip loosens slightly, and she relaxes into Louis. They pass by the front gates of Briarwood University and then into a parking lot that contains student apartments only a minute or two down the road.

Izzy gets off the bike and lets out a shaky breath as she pulls off her helmet. “That… was kinda fun. Once I kinda got the hang of it,” she says with a smile at the hero. Her expression dampens a bit as she looks around the parking lot, looking for anyone that seems to be out of place. She waits for Louis before she quickly heads for an apartment on the first floor. “I’m glad the cops dropped off my keys,” she mumbles to herself as she unlocks the door to 121.

Before she opens the door, she looks back at Louis. “Do… you want to come in? I was going to order a pizza or two for dinner.”

Spoiler: If Louis Goes Inside
    Show
    The inside of Izzy’s one bedroom apartment is clean, but full. She has a bright red keyboard set up on one wall. Next to it is a black hollow body guitar with a rose and thorn inlay on the neck. Sheets of music, both printed and handwritten are scattered on a table next to the instruments where a laptop is also set up.

Farther into the room, there’s a tv with a dark couch opposite from it that has a small coffee table in front of it. Several scratching posts and cat toys are on the floor. The kitchen is slightly cluttered, with a lot of counter space taken up by a coffee grinder and drip machine.

A fluffy, pure white cat trots up to Izzy with a loud meow, rubbing up against her legs. She picks the cat up and lays it against one shoulder. “This is Ray,” she says as the cat purrs loudly. She looks like she suddenly remembers something, and returns the cat to the ground before going to fill up Ray’s food and water bowls, which are dangerously low.

John
    Show
    Please return promptly once you’re finished with your wooing. Seraph has approved your outing, so long as you return with no detours.

Spoiler: Notice TN 8
    Show
    Sticking just slightly out of her journal is scrap of paper. It’s too far away to read, but the writing on it is in a scrawling hand, definitely not Emi’s neat one.

Emi takes the offered shoes and then takes the ones she has on off, setting both pairs on a shoe rack in her closet. “It bothers some men greatly. I thought better safe than sorry. I know for next time now though.”

As John confesses his nervousness, a seductive smile spreads across her face. She puts one hand on his chest pushing him over to her bed until the back of his knees hit the edge, forcing him to sit. “John,” she says in a low voice as she holds his gaze with her dark eyes. Slowly and deliberately, she reaches up to undo the topmost button of his shirt. “I appreciate it, but I don’t think you need to be so concerned. I told you not ten minutes ago that I trust you. But, if you want, I can do that for you.”

She smooths out his collar before giving him a gentle kiss. “I’m also open to what I suggested earlier. Just talking. And a massage.”
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2022-11-07 at 02:49 PM.

22. - Top - End - #442

GreataxeFighterGuy

As Manny floats up to the top of one of the buildings that makes up the alleyway, he spots two gangbangers, one with a red hat, the other with a black jacket, in front of a man who’s writhing on the ground.

Red Hat shoves Jacket. “What the **** man?! He was gonna buy! Why did you stab ‘im?”

“I thought he was a ****in’ cop,” Jacket retorts. “I just had a feelin’, okay? Whatever. Let’s just take his **** and get out of here.”
    Manny watches the two for a beat before leaping off the roof. He lands right behind them and gives them a jolt as he wrangles their necks.

Spoiler: OOC: Run, Stun, Job Done?
    Show
    Touch attack(stun) on Jacket(One with knife)9+4=13.Target must Make Vigor roll at -2, Target is incapacitated on a failure.
    Touch Attack(Stun) on the Hat: 6+4 is 10.Same for this human.

No Bennies Left.

23. - Top - End - #443

AssassinGuy

Keith
    “Is that what you call this?” he asks as he looks at the screen again. “Telenovela… It’s… interesting to say the least. I’m very confused by what’s happening, but I haven’t been watching long. Until recently, I was sleeping.“

“If you say it is late, I believe you,” the demon says with a slight smile. “With no windows, I have no way to perceive what time it is, and my sleep schedule is in disarray. Though I am unsure how much sleep humans need. Do you sleep every night?” he asks curiously.

He considers Keith’s question for a moment. “This place is infinitely better than where I was confined earlier. It is comfortable. I am allowed to have delicious food and water. There is entertainment, however odd it may be. Even though there is an Erelim that stays here, I currently do not fear for my life. If anything, I could use a new book,” he says, gesturing at the one on the end table. “I finished that one earlier.”
    Keith nods as he crosses over to see the title of the book. A History of Iron Station huh? Zylas would undoubtedly be curious about the city he was summoned to, he could possibly even be curious about why this city in particular.

If he’s interested in history, could always grab him more of the full history books. Keith started to think.

“A lot of people watch them. They mostly tell a dramatic story of love and heartache, people working through life in a method that is not necessarily correlated with the real world but it takes them out of a situation for a while.” Keith shrugs. “There used to be an interesting one about a hospital until the lead actor decided he didn’t want to work with the others anymore. Show fell apart soon after.”

Keith takes a floating seat and a deep breath. He figured if anyone could use the solidarity, at least for the confinement portion, Zylas could. And it wasn’t like he could keep his mind focused waiting on Kylie right now anyway to do classwork.

“I can only imagine. Kinda grew up in a similar style room with no windows too, so a sleep schedule was mostly formed by someone calling ‘light’s out’.” Keith shakes his head, then smiles. “Most humans need roughly about six to eight hours of sleep. I know here, I’m usually the last one asleep and first one up, unless they haven’t gone to sleep yet. A lot of years having to sleep on the go when ya can will do that though.”

At the mention of new books to read, Keith grins. All he needed to know was what Zylas preferred to read and he could give him some suggestions.

“I’m glad to hear that you’ve been comfortable, and not fearing for your life. Seraph is a good man, by far one of the most understanding as well.” Keith glances at the book again. “Though, it may be a bit before more food gets cooked, thinkin’ they all may need a good rest after today. So what sort of genres of books do you enjoy? I would gladly run to the library and grab a few. Most of my classes at school focus on literature and studying the inner workings of it.”

“Though if you want more books on the occult and magic, I’m afraid we may need to ask John.” Keith says with a sigh. “On my and his first day here, we found it to be severely lacking in that regard. There’s one but all the information is wrong.”

24. - Top - End - #444

OldWizardGuy

Show
    Please return promptly once you’re finished with your wooing. Seraph has approved your outing, so long as you return with no detours.

Spoiler: Notice TN 8
    Show
    Sticking just slightly out of her journal is scrap of paper. It’s too far away to read, but the writing on it is in a scrawling hand, definitely not Emi’s neat one.

Emi takes the offered shoes and then takes the ones she has on off, setting both pairs on a shoe rack in her closet. “It bothers some men greatly. I thought better safe than sorry. I know for next time now though.”

As John confesses his nervousness, a seductive smile spreads across her face. She puts one hand on his chest pushing him over to her bed until the back of his knees hit the edge, forcing him to sit. “John,” she says in a low voice as she holds his gaze with her dark eyes. Slowly and deliberately, she reaches up to undo the topmost button of his shirt. “I appreciate it, but I don’t think you need to be so concerned. I told you not ten minutes ago that I trust you. But, if you want, I can do that for you.”

She smooths out his collar before giving him a gentle kiss. “I’m also open to what I suggested earlier. Just talking. And a massage.”
    As he returned her kiss, John found his mind operating simultaneously across two tracks. On the first, he was thinking about how to persuade Emi to continue. On the other, why they should stop.

Focused as he was on the touch of her lips, he was not entirely clear as to why he would be doing either. He distantly sensed that both were being driven by deep, instinctual responses rather than rational thought — which had stopped the moment she placed her hand on his chest and directed him back towards his bed.

Her bed. Not their — not his bed.

The drives that pushed him to continue were straightforward enough. She was willing — more than willing — and did not appear to be acting under the influence an outside force.

Spoiler: There has to be a different reason for this, right? I mean, this can’t be happening.
    Show

His hands found their way to her hips and the small of her back as he drew her down towards him, sliding himself back onto the bed so that she could straddle him.

The thoughts that suggested putting the breaks on things were driven by a kind of survival instinct — distant bud fading concerns for her father, her brother, or a possessive dragon overhearing them.

Spoiler: Notice roll called for by the GM
    Show
    Notice Roll Called for by the GM: 1d10o10+4 11 1d6o6+4 12

As he eased his hands up her rib cage, John spotted the slight tinge of pink of Emi’s face. Although she was successfully projecting a confidence greater than her experience, John saw just the slightest bit of uncertainty in her eyes.

He drew in and released a shuddering breath, stopping his hands just before….

“Someone is going to ask for me to turn in my Man Card for this,” he said, willing his hands to stop and beginning to ease them down the sides of her body.

Her strong, lithe, perfect body.

He looked up into her eyes, daring himself to remain true to himself and her and not get so lost in them once more that he was forgetting what he was doing.

It was hard…difficult. Difficult to stop.

Focus.

“Here I am, gazing into the eyes of the most beautiful woman in the world — the woman I…”

Don’t say it.

“…the woman I adore more than life itself…”

As evidenced by the fact that he stood in front of a mini gun earlier in the evening to guarantee that she would not be mistaken by Elvira or a target.

“The woman I have waited for for a moment like this….”

A moment that might never come again.

“And would wait for until the end of time…”

No idle promise, given he might live long enough to watch the heat death of this universe before migrating to another.

He glanced down.

“And I am reminding her that we don’t have to, if we aren’t ready.”

His hands were at her hips, his fingers curving along her sides and his thumbs rested on the top of her thighs, dangerously close to the front of them. Her breasts brushed his chest as their rapid breathing synchronized.

“I want us to be sure.”

Her heady scent filled his consciousness, threatening to overwhelm him. His body ached for her almost as much as his heart.

“Because as much as I desire you…”

And Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, do I desire you.

He looked up into her eyes, falling into them once more.

“As much as I desire you, I care for you more.”

He reached up and cupped her cheek in his hand.

“I may be doing this all wrong, Emi. But you matter too much to me to not ask if the uncertainty in your eyes is a reflection of the nervousness that I feel or a sign that you are thinking: Yes, but not yet.”
    Last edited by mmdeforrest; 2022-11-07 at 08:51 PM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Manny
    Red Hat drops like a sack of potatoes, but Jacket manages to withstand the electrical assault. He screams in pain, but shakes his head and swings around and attempts to stab Manny in the stomach.

Initiative!
    Red Hat fails his Vigor Roll, but Jacket’s die explodes!
    10s… Jacket attempts to stab Manny, but he misses
    7s… Manny has Initiative!

John
    Emi blinks and leans back a little, letting John’s grip on her thighs balance her. Her breathing slows as reason returns to her.

“John,” she sighs as she looks down at him. She smiles as she shakes her head a little. “You’re right. As much as I want you, we should wait. We’ve only known each other for four days. I’d never even kissed a man until Sunday.”

She shifts her hips in a teasing manner before leaning forward and kissing him again. “Thank you,” she whispers to him. “I’m glad that brain of yours never stops. I’m not saying I would have regretted anything, but I think you’re right. I’m not sure that I’m ready.”

Spoiler: Label Shift
    Show
    Emi attempts to shift John’s Labels— up Savior, minus Danger. Accept the Shift or Reject her Influence

Keith
    “If the descendant of an angel is not a good man, something is wrong,” Zylas says with a slight smirk. “His line is older than my own.”

“As for books, I enjoy them the most when there is something that I can learn from them. While I wish you had some books on magic, I doubt that it would be demonic in nature. I can’t even use magic while confined here anyway. Seraph was very thorough in his warding.”

Spoiler: Notice TN 6
    Show
    The tip of his tail twitches as he admits a weakness, but quickly calms.

His red and black eyes look guardedly up at Keith. “I can understand why Dee has been accommodating to me, with our ka’yal, but why have you been so obliging? None of the others, except for Manny, wish to have anything to do with me, or they actively wish for my death.”
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2022-11-08 at 07:38 AM.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Q&A:

"Thanks for noticing" Raphael says with a wink.

"I'm glad you were up on top of that church too." Raphael says, smiling back at her.

He considers the question a moment before nodding and saying, "Maybe? Probably. She performed a bloodletting and the cut healed up right away. I'd assumed she was just a prized blood doll, to be honest."

The vampire smirks. "An impression reinforced by her and those other two approaching you at the bar. I thought Feris and I were going to have a misunderstanding."

The smile doesn't leave his face, but the humor leaves his voice as he says "That would have been... A very different kind of interesting night."

Raphael shrugs. "But, it didn't, and we didn't. So, you know, water under the bridge, or whatever."

Raphael lays back to stare at the ceiling and stretches.

27. - Top - End - #447

OldWizardGuy

Emi blinks and leans back a little, letting John’s grip on her thighs balance her. Her breathing slows as reason returns to her.

“John,” she sighs as she looks down at him. She smiles as she shakes her head a little. “You’re right. As much as I want you, we should wait. We’ve only known each other for four days. I’d never even kissed a man until Sunday.”

She shifts her hips in a teasing manner before leaning forward and kissing him again. “Thank you,” she whispers to him. “I’m glad that brain of yours never stops. I’m not saying I would have regretted anything, but I think you’re right. I’m not sure that I’m ready.”

“The jury is still out on how glad I am about that,” John offered wryly, attempting to mask his mixed feelings about the course of events with humor but still unable to break her gaze.

He had made the right choice, he reminded himself.

He had done the correct and good thing, he further reminded himself.

He had shown Emi the respect she deserved and acted out of love for her as a partner and not merely his lust for her body.

She was grateful for his having said something.

She was still straddling him.

He felt his chances slipping away.

Spoiler: Wait, wasn’t there something else in the room? My attention seems to have wandered.
    Show
    Notice Roll for the Scrap of Paper: 1d10o10+4 12 1d6o6+4 9
    1 Bennie Spent

To say he regretted doing the right thing would be inaccurate — just as he did not regret peeking at the note sticking out of her journal to try and determine who had written her and why she was saving it.

He was still curious.

He still wanted her.

The strength of that desire surprised and unsettled him.

She was still straddling him.

His breath had not fully returned to normal, although it had slowed in time with her’s.

He wasn’t sure if he was ready either, he reminded himself — although he suspected it wouldn’t take much to persuade him that he might be readier than he thought. Yes he was ‘more experienced’ than she was but, truth be told — and he wasn’t about to tell that to anyone (Well, perhaps her.), it wasn’t by much.

She was still…

“As much as I am, um, enjoying this,” John admitted with a blush, “why don’t we shift positions a little. I might be able to rub your neck from here, but it would be a little awkward and feel like I am about to strangle you.”

There would be other times. Other opportunities.

Other moments when he would find himself being the good and supportive friend. The one who she could be safe with. The one who she, like all the others before her, knew she would not be threatened by because he was good and loyal and faithful and trustworthy.

The guy who lacked that titillating edge of danger that quickened the pulse.

There would be other chances, he insisted to himself, looking down and caressing her side and lower back comfortingly.

It was always a comforting touch he ended up finding himself offering. Stephen had made it further with a girl than he had — although he was not supposed to know that (One could not expect sixteen year olds to be perfectly discrete,). But Stephen was the cool musician who went off on band trips and not the ‘you-‘re-such-a-good-friend-there-is-someone-special-out-there-for-you math nerd who had the poor taste to fall for women above his station.

He took a breath, leaning forward a little into Emi’s presence.

There would be other chances. This time would be different.

It had to be.

Ones where they would be more ready and known one another for more than a week.

More than a half a week.

Of course, if he was truly suggesting that shifting positions were something they should consider, perhaps his hand placement should not be signaling that he really did not want her to move.

He didn’t, of course.

“So: Do we begin with your questions about this evening or with what your father thought of my less clever than I thought purchase of the Madeira?”

Spoiler: OOC Update
    Show
    OOC: John accepts Emi’s vision of him and, because he already is at -2 Danger, finds himself becoming Insecure.
    Last edited by mmdeforrest; 2022-11-08 at 10:50 AM.

28. - Top - End - #448

GreataxeFighterGuy

Manny
    Red Hat drops like a sack of potatoes, but Jacket manages to withstand the electrical assault. He screams in pain, but shakes his head and swings around and attempts to stab Manny in the stomach.

Initiative!
    Red Hat fails his Vigor Roll, but Jacket’s die explodes!
    10s… Jacket attempts to stab Manny, but he misses
    7s… Manny has Initiative!
    After Jacket slashes at him with a knife, Manny takes a proper fighting stance between him and the wounded man. He Lashes out with 2 quick shots The first one goes wide but second Lands flush.

"Just walk away, Mate." Manny threatens, Electricity racing across his hands.

Spoiler: Lighting Strike
    Show
    Attack 2: 5
    Damage: 5
    Flares and Burn Roll: 12
    Last edited by HIDA; 2022-11-07 at 11:25 PM.

29. - Top - End - #449

AssassinGuy

Keith
    “If the descendant of an angel is not a good man, something is wrong,” Zylas says with a slight smirk. “His line is older than my own.”

“As for books, I enjoy them the most when there is something that I can learn from them. While I wish you had some books on magic, I doubt that it would be demonic in nature. I can’t even use magic while confined here anyway. Seraph was very thorough in his warding.”

Spoiler: Notice TN 6
    Show
    The tip of his tail twitches as he admits a weakness, but quickly calms.

His red and black eyes look guardedly up at Keith. “I can understand why Dee has been accommodating to me, with our ka’yal, but why have you been so obliging? None of the others, except for Manny, wish to have anything to do with me, or they actively wish for my death.”
    Keith chuckles a bit at Zylas's initial response. If an angel's descendant wasn't a good man, they were truly in over their heads. Not to mention, who would actually be in the right on the entire debacle? Though that was a question for another time.

"That's certainly a good point, though I do find myself curious just how far back his line goes." Keith shrugs. "Probably a secret best not told to mortals."

Spoiler: I seem to have struck a nerve.....
    Show

Notice: 1d6o6+2 6 1d6o6+2 3

At the mention of the books and Zylas's preference for tings he can learn, Keith nods. Sometimes that was the best.

"I'm sure we could potentially find some. May just take a bit of asking the right people. Most of the ones I have are based in shadowmancy and baser magics. Nothing too fancy, but I don't mind bringing them down here either." Keith grins. "I'll also grab a few more history books too."

At the mention of his motives, Keith looked at the ground for a moment. He hadn't expected that, though it made sense given how most of the others had reacted initially.

"Can't say I blame you for asking that," Keith sighed as he thought about their reactions. "Suppose the truth of that is, even though you are stuck in confinement that doesn't mean you should feel entirely alone."

Keith absent-mindedly scratched the back of his head. He figured he could tell Zylas part of his story at least.

“Well, the other thing is that I also kinda understand a bit. Granted this was years ago, but lost everything to someone else that attacked my family. A few years were spent in confinement and then I started being trained by the only family member to really survive.”

“It’s only in name, but they considered me a prince as far as one organization is concerned. I still want to tear down the one who took it all away, and will eventually. It’s just taking the long road.” Keith sighed. “Mostly, I’m telling you this because I want you to know that even on a certain level, I do understand a bit.”

He huffed a laugh. Half his team didn’t know this story and even then, he wasn’t sure how those who did know viewed him for this. Even then, Zylas didn’t need to know it was his father that perpetrated the crimes.

“Might have all sounded better in my head, and I don’t mean to compare the situations. It just made me think back a lot today after our conversation earlier. I should also mention that only one other here aside from Seraph, and now you, really know about that situation.”

"Not to mention, we all owe you for keeping that shadow at bay as we escaped."
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2022-11-08 at 09:24 AM.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

John
    “I don’t know John,” Emi replies coyly. She guides one of his hands around to her rear and the other up to one breast as she grinds her hips down on him. “I kind of like this.”

She leans down and kisses him one more time before she moves back and gets to her feet. “I’m going to change into something more comfortable than this, then we can talk, okay?” she says as she heads into her bathroom.

Raphael
    Stella looks curiously over at Raphael. “‘Blood doll’? Is that what you call someone who allows you to… feed… on them willingly?”

She gets slightly more confused as Raphael continues. “What do you mean, ‘a misunderstanding’? Je ne comprends pas. The two other men, I get, but Feris and Cassie didn’t seem to mean any harm.”

Spoiler: Translation
    Show
    I don’t understand

Manny
    Manny’s punch stuns the man briefly, but he soon recovers and raises the knife. He looks at his buddy on the ground before turning tail and running down to the opposite end of the alley.

The man who got stabbed groans. Manny can see a significant amount of the blood on the ground near his stomach.

Combat Ends!

Keith
    Zylas listens carefully to Keith’s story. “I am sorry you have gone through something like that, at what seems like to me, a young age.”

“Holding off the Shadow benefited me as much as it did all of you,” the demon says matter of factly. “As I said earlier, this place, thought it is still a prison, is much preferable to being starved of magic and having my blood stolen.”

The demon looks away from Keith and crosses a foot over his knee. “Though, to be truthful, I could not have stood by and allowed a woman to be hurt either. Even if I had not been trapped there, I still would have stepped in to assist her.”