New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: The Power of One - A WFRP2e Solo Experience (OOC)

If that is enough to critical damage any, the Crit Roll is: (1D100)[52]
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

In my breakdown for round 3, I noted (in a big block of text, to be fair) that you're not able to charge that combat at the end of the line, this round - is a little too far, a little too blocked by the Troublemaker combat in the way. But Taalia is an uncommon hero, so how about this: make me an Agi check to find the acceleration. If you succeed, I'll let you get there! if not, you'll have to either charge one of the other combats (with Gaulfredo, or Nogrom, or the Troublemakers); or else get into position to charge the gang on the redhaired brothers next turn. I'll let you keep the roll, because such rolls are precious. Unless you WANT to reroll hoping for super damage, but don't be crazy.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Oh whoops, I must have sped-read over that, apologies.

Agility: (1d100)[59] vs TN 42.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Oh whoops, I must have sped-read over that, apologies.

Agility: [roll0] vs TN 42.
    No worries. And if you gotta go, you can go! I can cohere this into a next round summary for when you next check in.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Doh, guess not.

Unless she gets extra movement from Flee! but that says only when running 'away' not necessarily when life is threatened.

In that case, she'll charge one of the ones attacking the 4 boys.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Doh, guess not.

Unless she gets extra movement from Flee! but that says only when running 'away' not necessarily when life is threatened.

In that case, she'll charge one of the ones attacking the 4 boys.
    Yeah, it's Flee for fleeing! You're right. Alright, I got it now! Thanks! Have fun at the breeeeweryyyy

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Repost for new page:

12: Taalia (and Corvo)
    12: Many-Arms (OUT!)
    11: Hooded (OUT!)
    10: Nogrom (0)
    10: Enrico (8)
    9: Ernesto (OUT)
    9: Istuccio (16) (Right Arm Demolished - Not Bleeding)
    9: Tentacle Fingers (OUT)
    9: Tainted Eye (OUT)
    7: Extra Ear (OUT!)
    7: Degenerate (OUT)
    6: Belly Mouth (OUT)
    6: Headless (OUT)
    5: Cremenzio
    5: Gaulfredo (and Rocco)
    4: Tesifonte (4)
    4: Ansaldo
    4: Insolente Aldo (OUT)
    4: Albino (OUT)
    4: Weasel Face (OUT)
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-12-30 at 07:00 AM.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Alright. The layout has changed. Gaulfredo got some good luck, and managed to kill the Tainted Eye man! Good for him. He's unengaged, and next turn will charge in where he sees need.

The middle combat was almost over; you killed the Degenerate, and Hood is battered badly, enough that Weasel Face and Albino have had to cross over to the middle fight to try to salvage it. Now there's five of you in that melee versus three of them; not quite 2 to 1, so no bonus to attack there. Hood is badly hurt, so you might target him, all out attack or otherwise.

Istuccio is, incredibly, still up; he's just lost the use of his right arm for (at least) now, and dropped his weapon. Many arms attacks before him, so that's a bad sign; and he's outnumbered 2:1 even with just Many Arms and Extra Ear there, so the likelihood that he goes down next turn is quite high. You could charge in over there, next turn. Strictly speaking, since I'm treating these all as big moshpits, all three of the guys in your melee would swing on you - but that doesn't seem fair, since if we had a map or something, they're not surrounding you; you just dived in, and you killed the guy you hit, and the guys who entered the melee didn't attack you. But you did contribute to the outnumbering, so i'll do you a deal:

If you charge out of this combat to try to save Estuccio from Many Arms and Extra Ear, I'll have one of the goons make their attack on you as you go. That seems like a fair compromise. Or you could put your effort into this scrum, and hope it pays off quickly enough.

What a nail biter of a combat. Started as 11 vs 9 against you; now it's 7.5 vs 6, in your favor!
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-12-29 at 07:16 PM.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Oh, you know what? It's time I rolled to see if Corvo tries to do something. He'll make a WP check to resist getting involved. If he fails, he'll either attack an enemy or try to play with someone, one and two on the D2 Respectively.

VsDogWP - (1d100)[81], d2 - (1d2)[2]

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

He thinks it's play. There's 15 folks in the combat, including Rocco; he'll run up to one and try to muck around. (1d15)[2].

EDIT: Hoo, boy. It's Many-Arms. Well, he's eliminating the Outnumbering Bonus against Istuccio, atleast!
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-12-29 at 07:19 PM.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

All out attack aimed head shot: (1d100)[29] vs TN 79
    Damage: (1D10+4)[8]

TN should be 59, sorry.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-12-29 at 11:12 PM.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Give me a spare 100 roll!

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Ah, I'll line it up for ya. I don't know if you're pocket-posting from your phone away from home or not, but here's your crit roll: (1d100)[76]

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

That's exactly what Im doing lol.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I am glad the story is thrilling enough to elicit that kind of dedication!

Corvo saves a life, and imperils his own; Taalia knocks out the Hood! Can wade on to attack another mutie in the same melee, at your leisure!

EDIT: Also, your TN was 20 less than you thought - it's -20 to aim a shot at a body part, canceling the +20 for all out attacking. But you still hit the target! hooray!
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-12-30 at 12:35 AM.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I cant make an IC post atm, so Ill just declare that Taalia is trying to finish off Birdman with full attack, then going to help Gaulfredo.

Allout attack: (1d100)[50] vs TN 69
    Damage: (1D10+4)[11]

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I assume you mean Weasel Face! But your will shall be done!

(1d100)[70]

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Repost from IC: Woo! You're a mutant staffin' machine. Now it's just the two near the redhead brothers, and Aldo, who appears to finally be taking damage from Nogrom. Istuccio is rolling a 20% chance to die of blood loss every round, so he's close to his number being up. On your turn, you can either rush over and attack one of the muties, or rush over, drop your staff, and try to staunch the bleeding. This isn't the full "heal check" you might make after the combat; just an action to stop bleeding, so it'd be a flat heal roll - if you fail, he'll check to bleed out before you can keep trying.

Your Options:

a) Charge Many-Arms
    b) Charge Extra Ear
    c) Charge Aldo Insolente
    d) Move, drop staff, and roll a heal roll to attempt to stop Istuccio's bleeding.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

She'll yell for the others to cover her, then dart over, drop her staff and withdraw a bandage and healing draught to apply to the dying fellow.

Heal: (1d100)[20] vs TN 59

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I don’t think you have failed a roll this whole fight. This is incredible.

I cannot credit it.

Credit: overdrawn.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Please don't jinx it lol.

My damage rolls were mostly mediocre.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-12-30 at 02:23 AM.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Please don't jinx it lol.

My damage rolls were mostly mediocre.
    They would have been mediocre if you were fighting armored tough foes; but 7's and 8's will bring you on home against the humble mutant.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Because of her Surgery talent, she heals 2 wounds to a critically injured character and he has +20% to Toughness to avoid losing a limb.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

You have saved him from bleeding, and you are free to either charge into melee bare handed, or pick up your staff and do so the following turn!

Incidentally, the healing rules in WFRP2e are somewhat opaque. There's no guide to how long medical actions take; but I'm sure in most cases it's a few minutes of work, not a sword-stroke of effort to replenish a combatant's wounds with medicine and stitches. But there's also the bleeding mechanic, that demands immediate staunching - so I've let you try to stop the bleeding as a half action. Fortunately, he's not actually in danger of losing the hand - it just looks that bad, in the heat of battle, and you've saved him from bleeding which was the worst outcome! Outside of combat conditions, heal checks to treat wounds will be more effective! As it stands, the only way to really replenish wounds in combat is healing draughts - and those only work if you're lightly wounded, IE if you have 4+ wounds remaining!

What's next, Taalia Trollslayer? Pick up the staff, or charge in bare knuckles to defend your friends and furry charge?

EDIT: I will note I've been doing Critical Wounds a little wrong; I'd always (for years) treated wounds past 0 as cumulative modifiers to future crits, but reading again I guess that's not the case. I don't think it would have changed anything here (maybe one or two mutants left crying and bleeding instead of killed right away) but I'll keep it in mind, in future!
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2022-12-30 at 03:04 AM.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

She will charge Many Arms in his moment of weakness, slamming her fists into him and hoping to beat him to death.

To Hit: (1d100)[54] vs TN 89
    Damage: (1D10+4)[5]

These damage rolls lol.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2022-12-30 at 03:02 AM.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Well, he tried to parry and failed - so give me that d100 Roll!

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Crit table: (1D100)[35]

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Great success! Honestly, Taalia was an absolute star, this fight; lol. I am surprised no one has died. I gave them names to make you sad and everything. I even attacked the dogs a bunch but they kept missing.

Medical tests will come shortly; but first, can I get a +20 Search roll (that's +0 if you're not trained) for the immediate area... and also, a reaction, and either a decision to abstain from intervening or to intervene in the present situation? You can wait until you're home, this time! Combat over, Taalia Excelsior.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The plot thickens!

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Thicken it does! Throw me a search check when you're ready, too.