New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms [IC]

Assessments of the situation are made quickly before Yzara's vision is obstructed by the imagery of overgrowth. Even knowing the Sage woman had cast it as an illusion does not make it any easier to see or find footing through. She studies the ground at her feet to make sure she has room to step as she considers the scenario.

Sage is a caster who reaches first for illusion. Either offensive magic is not a strong point of hers, or she does not feel the need to resort to it immediately. The sailor is unlikely to exhibit any significant magical talent. The sleepers are unequipped within the midst of the team, and thus mostly mitigated as potential threats.

Closing her eyes to focus, Yzara takes a few steps without straying from where she had landed, raising her arms in smooth motions and feeling the rhythm deep within. A spell, but not a complex or hostile one. She projects her thoughts directly to Sage, inaudible to any other.

"Apologies for the intrusion, miss Sage. We did not expect this waypoint to be occupied when we chose it as beacon to guide our teleport."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Casting Project Thoughts targeting Sage
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Spoiler: Other Avatars
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

"Careful Kip, they have a wizard." Sage says. The sailor nods and rubs his palms together. When he pulls them apart each hand holds a dagger. "A cheeky one that likes to poke into people's minds." She holds her arm and fingers extended, concentrating on her Art. "So you're simply mislaid travelers? Don't try to lie to me, little wizard, I'm the master of tricks here." She says and looks back over her shoulder for a moment at the river.

"Fine." She says. "If that's true then you've no problem with standing back while Kip wakes them up." Kip palms both daggers in one hand and reaches into one of the pockets on his vest and pulls out a small bell that he taps with a dagger. The tone is muted and dull to each of you but the figures laying down each awaken with a shout, their hands covering their ears. "Godsdamnit Kip you know I hate that hell-spawned bell what did I tell you -" One of the recently asleep yells out before being cut off. "Shut it, your lordship! We've uninvited guests for breakfast and Ship Taerl has taken the Beard. Make no sudden moves, prince."

The man sits up on his mat, rubbing his ears in pain and trying to see through the thick trees that weren't there when he lay to sleep. "Just what in the nine hells is going on here? Are we under attack?" The other figures come to their wits quicker and quieter and seem to have no problem perceiving the group of you, though they are still half-prone on the ground in their nightclothes.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2022-12-16 at 05:52 PM.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

After one of them is called prince, Tamsin casually nocks an arrow and points the bow in the direction of the man, though he does not draw the arrow back. "A prince, huh?" he remarks, his tone cold. "Sounds like an important man. Good to know." Next to him, the large bear moves forward slowly, a deep rumble starting in its chest that does not quite reach a growl.
    "Now, I'm a simple man and all. I'm happy to be peaceful with good folk. But Rex here, he doesn't appreciate when people start slingin' spells around. See, he doesn't know when something like that's harmless or hurtful before it's done. So maybe don't bloody do that unless you want a few hundred pounds of angry bear charging at your face. Okay?" The ranger spits on the ground. "You're lucky I wasn't ready, or I'd have filled you with arrows before you finished that bloody spell."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

"Now Tamsin," Arae chides, "We are strangers intruding upon their camp. I am sure that they were no less startled than we were, and I'm certain any of us would do the same as she to protect our liege."

For her part, she had been caught well off-guard by the explosion of greenery before her vision, but under Moira's tutelage, had been well trained to discern the real from the surreal, and she had well pushed past the vision. She had further been planning to gauge their auras for dark intent, but since it seemed that Ordyn already had their measure, and thus with tensions cooling, the ranger was correct that weaving even a harmless spell could likely only reignite them. She steps back, as requested, and answers, "No sir, I think likely not. My name is Arae, Sister of the Lord Kelemvor. I beg your apologies for our intrusion."
    Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2022-12-17 at 04:16 PM.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Kel stepped out as the others introduced themselves, his sword held casually over his shoulder. "I am Kelveroth," he introduced himself simply, before someone asked anyway. He'd let the others negotiate while he sized up the opposition. One had already admitted she was a mage, which in his mind made her one to watch—but not the only one.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception: (1d20+10)[18] to watch out for anyone trying to ready a weapon or spell.

6. - Top - End - #36

Two of the figures start giggling and snorting at the courtly titles. “Will you two cut it out?” The prince says. “Fine, if we’re not going to start stabbing each other I’d like to get some pants on and deal with those pirates. Sage, the trees? And a little light, please?”

Sage smirks and bows her head. “Certainly, my lord.” She makes a fist with her hand and the extra foliage and trees vanish, then with a snap of her fingers the dead embers of the campfire start glowing. The light is low enough so as to not be seen past the glade but bright enough to make out the features and faces of those nearby. Getting a good luck at your surprised campers, you can finally make them out. Kip is the oldest of the group with mostly grey in his hair and beard and a brace of daggers strung across a sealskin leather vest. The prince manages to grab his trousers nearby and wiggle them on underneath the blankets before standing. He looks to be in his mid 30’s, strong and in good shape. He glances over each of you in turn while you do the same.

The two laughing figures turn out to be identical twins, a boy and girl, both of them barely out of their teenage years. Slight of build, they share the same green eyes and bright red hair. They whisper to each other in some nonsense language and laugh while Sage rolls her eyes. “You’ll have to forgive the twins, they simply have no manners.” The mistress of magic seems the same age as the prince but carries herself with the weight of experience that belies her years. “I am Sage, as you heard. The twins are Yumbrol and Handl.”

“I’m Yumbrol.” “He’s Yumbrol.” The twins say at the same time. “She’s Handl.” “I’m Handl.” They both bow and curtsy and then promptly ignore everyone as they squat down and start digging through a heavy backpack, pulling out potion after potion and arguing between themselves in their private language.

The last person up is a tall, thin, and bald man with bronzed skin who says nothing but makes a series of quick hand motions to Sage. “This is Yassarn.” She says. Yassarn raises an eyebrow at her and she sighs. “Sorry. This is Yassarn, former Sergeant of the Caliphs Guard, bearer of the oathsword Dreams of Jade.” He gives Sage a brief nod before turning to the group and performing a formal salute, a crystal green blade materializing in this hand during it. He slowly returns the blade to guard position and it vanishes. “Yassarn speaks only with his hands, so I say words for him.” Sage says, keeping an eye on Arae. "No more head games, wizard."

“And my name is Jonlen Hembreon and you can drop the formalities. Yes, I’m a prince. Technically.” He says, strapping on a well-dented breastplate. “A title that only matters if you care for Tethryian politics, which I don’t.” He secures his sword belt around him and checks that the blade is loose in the scabbard. “I’d love to stay and chat and hear all about why you appeared in our campsite but we’ve got a ship to rescue from some Luskan pirates. Kip, how long till the Beard gets here?” He looks down at the twins still arguing about the potions. “Just take all of them, gods above. It’s what you always do anyway.”

He sighs as the twins smile and start stashing potions all over their clothes and belts. He looks to Tamsin. “You look like a man that could work out some aggression. Feel like breaking some pirates heads?”

Erendiel coughs slightly and all heads turn towards the elf. “Pardon me. Erendiel, of the elves.” He says with a slight bow before turning towards your group. “It seems there’s no other need for me, so I’ll be off if you don’t mind.”

Spoiler: Knowledge (Nobility) DC 15 or Yzara
    Show
    The name Hembreon is an important noble house in Tethyr politics. The House is currently supporting Zaranda Star in the Tethyr civil war and was recruiting in Waterdeep this summer for soldiers and to raise funds for the war. Yzara actually met Jonlen at one of Lady Cassandra's mixers. He gave the impression of a young noble who would rather be on the battlefield swinging a sword than exchanging banter with dowagers; he has not a favorite on the summer social circuit and quickly left for other adventure.

Spoiler: Knowledge/Lore (Calimshan) 15 or Knowledge (Local or Nobility) 20
    Show
    The Oathswords of the Caliph are fantastic warriors of exceptional skill that are bound for life to a single mystical blade. Each has an unique taboo that they must adhere to. It's exceedingly rare to find them away from their duty as the bodyguards of the Caliph.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2022-12-18 at 05:17 PM.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

7. - Top - End - #37

Thank you, Ordyn, for deescalating and thank you, Arae, for looking like a mage.

Yzara steps back to a respectful distance before announcing herself.

“Heads up, I am here.”

She removes her ring of invisibility, hands in front of her to make the source of the ending illusion obvious.

“Sorry for the abrupt awakening and unannounced visit. You are hunting pirates? It seems our objectives may align or at least rhyme.”

She addresses Erendiel briefly before introducing herself.

”Thank you for your services Erendiel, we’ll manage from here.

I am Yzara Yzelle. We’re on our way to evict some Zenth hooligans from the pass, but it sounds like there’s a more immediate concern here.”

She turns towards the water, both to assess the situation and give a little privacy for those that have yet to get dressed.

“Have you worked out an approach to reach your foes, or are you planning to obstruct their path instead?”
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Arae found the accusation of wizard to be puzzling, but did not push back. Now was clearly not a time to squabble over little things such as that, with an apparent pirate raid imminent.

Indeed, you should be proud of the comparison, girl, it means my tutoring is finally sticking! Daincanta interjects.

Shaking off the intrusive thought from the gnome, she nods off Erendiel, and turns to the matter at hand, questioning, "Indeed, Sir, how did you come to be in pursuit of these pirates?"

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Tamsin snorts. "It'll have to do, I suppose," he mutters as he returns the arrow to his quiver.

He gives Erendiel an upwards nod in farewell, then turns to look out over the water. He sends Talon down to inspect the ship closer, though cautions the falcon not to get too close.

10. - Top - End - #40

Sage scowls as Yzara removes the veil, chafing at not having noticed the illusion herself. Jonlen nods to Yzara and goes back to securing his gear before stopping with a double take to look at her again. "I know you. You're with House Thann…a well connected mage from Halruaa." The last seems to be directed more towards Sage than anyone else. "Kip, will you fill them in? I need a few moments." He nods to everyone and takes a knee, closing his eyes and silently speaking some ritual.

Erendiel bows, walks backwards three steps, then vanishes as he turns around.

"We're on the job, chartered and all that. We been keeping an eye out for these rats for weeks now.They don't usually come this far down the coast but heard rumors saying otherwise…" He says and trails off as he listens to the sounds of the river. He looks confused when Yzara mentions the pass but his eyes become clear and hard when she mentions the Zhents. "You're hunting Zhents?" He says and then takes another look at all of you and nods. "Well, maybe it's good I didn't stick you after all. The rats we weren't sure would be here, maybe they don't show up, you know. So it was a gamble. But sounds like they took the bait. As for the how, it's not hard. They don't know these waters and Sage here can make it look like however we want."

"I'll veil the river so they think it's straight, here." Sage says, pointing to the bushes near the outcropping where you first saw them. "They'll run head on into the rock wall and then we board them. Numbers?" Sage asks.

"Oh….reckon 'bout twenty or so. That's the lowest size they can get and still have their ratking. You ever fought the Dead Rats before?"

The voices fade out for Tamsin as he shifts his focus into the bird. Skimming the top of the canopy and flying swift, it doesn't take long to find the ship, a mere 600 yards west and a few bends away. Dozens of small figures scurry over the ship in constant motion attending to a sailors duties. As the bird gets closer Tamsin can see that the figures are not human, halfling, or even goblin but lycanthropic rats in hybrid form. The hunters mind notices an odd grace to the wererat behavior, all of them working on different tasks but moving in unison in step and rhythm. Almost like a swarm rather than a group.

"One or a few of 'em together, no different than any other oversized rat." Kip says as he takes out a whetstone and starts sharpening his knives. "Get more than say, six though, and then you're dealing with the ratking too. It's rat hoodoo, makes them stronger and tougher and gives them powers."

Sage shakes her head. "It's an external personality construct forged through the subconscious mental framework of many similar minds linked together." She says. "A hivemind without a leader. There's no one rat in charge, some people just call it the ratking." She says, glancing over at Kip. "There's no real trick to dealing with it, other than expecting it. Kill enough rats and the rest will flee."
    Last edited by Chambers; 2022-12-27 at 11:44 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm," Arae notes, "That sounds... vile..."

She wouldn't admit that she hadn't quite understood many of the big words that Sage had spoken, but from the sound of it, they did not seem to be undead as their title would have them seem. She gazes out to where the others are looking, but is met only with a wall of silver grey at the edge of her sight, all things beyond obscured to her. Perhaps it was best to allow Moira to handle things from here. There is little sign of change, so it comes as a surprise to those who are not already familiar with her ways, that when the young priestess continues, she stands taller, prouder, and speaks more imperiously, "That is indeed a clever strategy, and even beyond her end, I am glad to see the Mother of Mysteries bounty continued to be used to such noble ends."

Arae curtsies, and continues, "I must reintroduce myself. I am the Lady Moira of the forest Cormathor, companion of the young Arae and adherent to our fallen lady Mystra. It would be a cruel act to abandon you in this hour of need, and so young Arae has charged me with your aid. I must apologize, but how far away are they now, and when can we expect landfall?"

Spoiler: Plan
    Show
    Her precombat plan is to cast Align Object (Good) on whoever plans on using their weapons the most during combat. Using Echoing Word, she can affect 5 weapons at once for 10 minutes, at the cost of three spell points.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

12. - Top - End - #42

Some quick eye contact is enough to confirm to Yzara that the others are down to lend aid. She squints at the horizon and judges the distance, formulating her own plans in mind.

"Less than a minute off, Moira. That illusion should probably be put up now, before they can spot the discrepancy. Enhancing magics too, so get to it. Tamsin, take the high ground and guard the backliners. The other veterans can join in the boarding, try to tie up their warriors. Moira and I will hang back and provide support. This one of Arae's channelings is good for that. I'll avoid attention and challenge their wills, see if I can break their spirits and disrupt their organization. Sage, will you be with us? Should we expect much magic from the rats, cause to spread out those of us that are more vulnerable?"

As she doles out instructions Yzara is visualizing movement, working out the right motions to tug on heartstrings. Her feet and arms move as she thinks, graceful motions with only a sporadic energy to them.

"If you'll allow, I'll instill boldness in everyone I can."

With that she bursts into dance, swooping motions and changing levels to a tune only she can hear. Assuming no one tries to resist, they fill themselves filled with determination.

Show
    Assuming I have at least 2 turns of actions before the fight.

TURN 1: Fullround action to spend 1 arcane reservoir point to switch my flex talent to the mind sphere talent Courage.

TURN 2: Standard action to cast a greater Courage mass charm. Costs me 2 spell points, gives 7 targets (everyone but me - twins count as 1 and the bear has share spells so I don't need to target Rex) a +3 morale bonus to attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks (including initiative), and skill checks for 12 minutes.
    Take 10 on my Perform check for skilled casting to pass the DC 27 with a 28.
    Last edited by Xanyo; 2022-12-29 at 07:56 PM.
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

"Removing this blockage from the river is a worthy enough cause, I reckon. Kel had drawn his sword and begun a complex dance to enchant his blade and himself in preparation for the coming battle.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting buffs on himself in order:
    - Haste on himself (maintain with Concentration, spend the extra SP for Temporal Haste and Augmented Healing)
    - Enhance Equipment on his sword, armor, and gauntlet
    - Mystic Shell on himself

14. - Top - End - #44

Everyone but the twins does a double take when Arae switches voices. Sage glares at Jonlen as he’s about to open his mouth. “We don’t have time for more questions. Hush now, I’m crafting the veil.” She walks up the hill and stands at the edge at the top with Kip and Yassarn following. She reaches out with both hands and closes her eyes, her hands making random movements as if she’s trying to catch something she can’t see. Jonlen motions for Orlando and Odryn to join him between two sets of tall trees. “We’re the line, understand? Teach these rats that Daggerford isn’t for sale.” He looks back over his shoulder and nods at the twins as they crouch down, their potions bag between them.

The dim light from the campfire’s embers doesn’t spread out far enough to be seen from your positions and in the darkness comes the quiet before battle. Mists begin to rise from the surface of the water as Sage appears to have gained a hold of some energy with her Art. The mist becomes a second river of water that she seems to be gently lifting up and redirecting over the hill. The double vision is strange; you see Kip, Sage, and Yassarn standing on the hill while you also see the river Delimbyr surging over and around them. Kip crouches and tosses a knife back and forth between his hands while Yassarn stands near Sage, his green blade nowhere to be seen.

The quiet is broken by the creaking of a ship and voices in the wind as the Baldur’s Beard comes into view. Illuminated by torchlight you see dozens of wererats hard at work at the business of sailing the ship. As you see the wererats you also feel the intensity of their voices, the chaotic din it creates in the air. It’s an unpleasant sensation that crawls at the back of your skull but before it can take root the ground is rocked as the ship runs full steam into the side of the rock wall. Almost everyone on the ship is knocked over, some rats being flung into the river. Your allies all manage to stay standing except for Yassarn who loses his footing and drops to one knee.

The low pressure of the hive mind becomes a high pitched scream as the wererats shriek in fright and rage. The force of their will is almost a physical thing that beats against you as they scramble to their feet and draw weapons.

Spoiler
    Show
    Combat, Round 1. Giving your side the initiative here because of the ambush. Everyone needs to make a DC 18 Reflex save or fall prone from the ship running into the ground.

There are lights on the ship that provide enough bright light on the ship and dim light beyond that.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2023-01-11 at 11:11 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Yzara is in the middle of a quickstep when the impact occurs, knocking her off her feet. She turns the fall into a tumble-twist and quickly gets her feet back under her. This is it. Time to act. She's positioned near the back, and doesn't look like a combatant. As long as she doesn't do anything blatant, they probably won't pay much attention to her.

Closing her eyes to focus she hears a slow, rising chord within herself. Moving to its rhythm she slowly raises her arms, stomps as she brings them down, and repeats the action in time. Rise, fall, rise, fall. She feels for the echoes of their minds, woven together and doubled up in the hivemind, and with her movements drags her metaphysical fingernails against them.

Show
    Move action: stand up
    Standard action: Cast a Mind sphere powerful Fear charm, mass. Costs 3 spell points.
    Skilled Casting check (DC 27): (1d20+18)[21] (if the roll is low my CL goes down and I'll edit accordingly)
    7 5 of the rats (I'll go with the ones standing on the front of the ship) have to make a DC 24 22 will save or be panicked for 12 9 rounds. Those that succeed are still shaken for the duration and must make another save or not realize they were the target of an attempted mental intrusion.

EDIT: low roll reduces CL by 3, which reduces the save DC to 22, the number of targets to 5, and the duration to 9
    Last edited by Xanyo; 2023-01-11 at 11:58 PM.
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Kel had kept his footing, and in an instant he'd disappeared from his perch on the rocks and reappeared before the nearest wererat that had been thrown from the crashed ship. His sword was a blur as it darted out again and again, his strikes woven with movement like an intricate dance, and the blade crackled with lightning as it moved through the air.

Spoiler
    Show

Swift Action: Teleport in front of Kip, activating Jump Scare
    (1d20+28)[33] (using Dance in place of Intimidate) to Demoralize the rat in front of Kip with a -4 to the relevant checks in place of the usual -2.

Full Round Action: Full Attack the rat in front of Kip, and Spell Combat/Spellstrike with an Electric Blast.

Spellstrike: (1d20+16)[30]
    Damage: (1d6+10)[12] + (7d6+7)[27] Electric

Haste Attack: (1d20+16)[31]
    Damage: (1d6+10)[11] Slashing

1st Iterative: (1d20+16)[18]
    Damage: (1d6+10)[13] Slashing

2nd Iterative: (1d20+11)[19]
    Damage: (1d6+10)[15] Slashing

Extra Move Action via Temporal Haste: Maintain concentration on Haste.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

"The battle is joined..." Arae notes to herself. She raises her blade, a longsword whose crossguard has been fashioned into a pair of scales, and declares, "We have the momentum! Waste it not, but charge forth, and let Lady Mystra's hands guide your swords to strike true! Let your body be enshrouded by the Weave, and no harm shall come in your righteous crusade!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: Going to spend a spell point and cast Undo Harm (30 ft centered on Arae, allies regain 15HP at the beginning of the group's turn so long as the healing doesn't exceed their HP at the start of the prior round or at the moment of casting)

Move: Aggressive Flanking from the Warleader Sphere (55 ft centered on the square 10 ft south of Orlando, allowing anyone who has line of sight and who can hear Arae to flank any enemy that they and another ally are threatening, regardless of positioning.)

I don't believe she has any swift actions available right so I'll skip that for now. :p

She should have 15 spell points remaining.
    Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2023-01-14 at 02:46 PM.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Tamsin and Rex keep their feet with no trouble, the bear apparently barely noticing the impact from the way it charges over towards the wererats. When it reaches one, it stands on its hindlegs and swipes at it with a huge claw.

Tamsin fires three arrows at a wererat he can see.

Show
    Rex moves to the closest wererat and attacks once with a claw. If the attack hits, the bear initiates a grapple.
    Claw: (1d20+14)[32]; damage: (1d6+8)[10]; if crit threat: (1d20+14)[18]; crit damage: (1d6+8)[12]
    Grapple: (1d20+19)[36]

Tamsin uses rapid shot to fire three arrows at a wererat.
    Attack 1: (1d20+19)[38]; damage: (1d8+9)[10]; if crit threat: (1d20+19)[27]; crit damage: (2d8+18)[30]
    Attack 2: (1d20+19)[23]; damage: (1d8+9)[14]; if crit threat: (1d20+19)[37]; crit damage: (2d8+18)[24]
    Attack 3: (1d20+14)[26]; damage: (1d8+9)[10]; if crit threat: (1d20+14)[27]; crit damage: (2d8+18)[24]
    Last edited by Taelas; 2023-01-15 at 02:17 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Ordyn bounds forward, seemingly propelled by the earth beneath his feet, to slam his shield into the nearest wererat. He then widens his stance, planting his feet in preparation for their attack.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move action: Ordyn will Shove the rat to the southeast of the Prince.
    Attack (vs. melee touch): (d20+15)[16]
    Damage: [6] bludgeoning and the target gains the Battered condition

Standard action: Activate Patrol, increasing his threatened area by an additional 15 ft. He may move up to 50 ft. until the beginning of his next turn to make AoO's within the area. Any ally attacked within this area provokes an AoO from Ordyn.

Notes: Ordyn will use Active Defense vs. any attack which targets him until the beginning of his next turn, expending 1 AoO to increase his Shield AC by +4. If this causes an attack to miss, he makes a free action bull rush against the attacker with a bonus of +33 via Forced Rebound.

As above, Ordyn will use Active Defense vs. any attack which targets an adjacent ally via Cover Ally.

As Ordyn's guarded allies, Arae and Kel gain a +2 to their AC and, due to the Bodyguard and Keep Them Safe From Afar reinforcements, are considered 50 ft. closer to Ordyn for the purposes of spell talents and Shield sphere abilities, including Active Defense.

Any ally adjacent to Ordyn gains a +2 Deflection bonus to AC via Shared Aegis.
    Last edited by rypt; 2023-01-15 at 06:36 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50

"Take heart, friends." Orlando says as the ground shakes. "Ere the sun rises, let battle be joined! Our glory will be brighter than the light of day, our faces shine brighter than fair Selune's smile." His sword begins to glow bright and a crescendo of trumpets swells nearby. "Lady Luck, stand us this morning and we'll pay our due by nightfall. Fight on!"

The Prince spares the briefest of glances at the glowing Orlando before advancing next to Ordyn. “They’re going to surround us. Don’t. Run. We can take them.” Compared to the Paladin’s, the Prince’s words of encouragement are more like orders to be followed but are effective still. The Twins stand up from behind their cover, a bomb in each of their hands. Time to burn. They say in unison amid fits of laughter and throw their bombs towards the ship. One explodes in mid-air while the others land on the aft of the ship, blasting those wererats off and into the water.

The wererat shrieks and then quickly burns to death as Kelveroth electrifies him with a single sword stroke. Tamsin’s arrows all find their mark but what should have been a lethal volley instead leaves the rat a bloody mess. He snarls as he rips the arrows out of himself and hops down out of sight. Rex has no difficulty snatching up the terrified rat who can only cry out to his friends for help, some of whom are already abandoning ship due to Yzara’s mind control.

Kip casts a worried eye back at Yassarn when the swordmage stumbles and takes two quick steps back to help him to his feet. Almost as an afterthought Kip throws a pair of knives out at the nearest wererat, the blades disappearing into smoke after the attack. Yassarn makes a thanking gesture to Kip as he regains his footing. He makes a fist and punches it into his other palm, withdrawing his green oathsword from thin air. The warrior makes a warding gesture with the tip of the sword and the sword strokes cut razor thin lines in the air that form a lattice of protection around Sage who drops the veil on the river as soon as Baldur’s Beard crashes into the cliff. The sudden crash catches her off guard and though she keeps her balance, the deep hood is cast back from her head revealing a shock of bright red and yellow hair. She mutters something and glares at Kelveroth then crosses her arms in front of herself and disappears from sight.

The wererats are stunned by the ship running aground but the cries of their friends brings them back to their senses. Snarling curses in a guttural tongue they all fling back their heads and howl as one, like a single creature with dozens of throats. The sonic assault is ear splitting and headache inducing and also a distraction as they quickly swarm over the railings of the ship and onto the land. Ordyn manages to find a few lone wererats and he lunges forward with strikes to punish them and sweeps them off the deck, but the maneuver only serves to isolate him as more and more wererats pour out from the ships hold. Two….four….six more….ten….a dozen….sixteen….almost twenty more wererats come scrambling out from within the ship and hurl themselves at the Prince, Odryn, Orlando and Rex. Some of those in the water keep swimming away while two swiftly climb up and swipe at Kelveroth with their claws.

Spoiler
    Show
    Orlando casts the Serendipity consecration and spends a Spell Point to maintain it without concentration for 9 rounds.

Prince Jonlen moves forward and activates the Shieldbrothers Tactic (60ft range). As long as you are adjacent to at least one ally, you receive a +2 competence bonus to Armor Class. Everyone also gains the benefit of the Back to Back and Escape Route teamwork feats.

The Twins throw a bomb at the wererats on the ship, sending two into the water. Kip aids Yassarn in getting up then throws some daggers at a wererat. Yassarn uses an unknown Aegis with the Crystalline drawback for Protection sphere. Sage casts a Suppression glamer on herself.

Ordyn gets three AoO from his patrol, after that there’s not enough space for him to move as he’s surrounded by wererats. He also recognizes they have are using recognizable tactics that somewhat reduces their exposure to his Patrol.

---
    The ratking creates a Totem of War. Wererats emerge from the ship and attack the front line, while some in the water climb up to attack Kelveroth.

Attacks on Kelveroth
    Rat 1
    Claw (1d20+8)[25], (1d4+4)[8] damage and Bleed 1d4

Rat 2
    Claw (1d20+8)[27], (1d4+4)[6] damage and Bleed 1d4

Attacks on Prince Jonlen
    Rat 1
    Claw (1d20+8)[28], (1d4+4)[6] damage and Bleed 1d4
    Claw (1d20+8)[9], (1d4+4)[6] damage and Bleed 1d4
    Bite (1d20+8)[28], (1d6+4)[7] damage and Disease

Rat 2
    Claw (1d20+8)[16], (1d4+4)[7] damage and Bleed 1d4
    Claw (1d20+8)[9], (1d4+4)[6] damage and Bleed 1d4
    Bite (1d20+8)[20], (1d6+4)[6] damage and Disease

Rat 3
    Claw (1d20+8)[21], (1d4+4)[8] damage and Bleed 1d4

Rat 4
    Claw (1d20+8)[25], (1d4+4)[7] damage and Bleed 1d4

Attacks on Ordyn
    Rat 1
    Claw (1d20+8)[11], (1d4+4)[7] damage and Bleed 1d4
    Claw (1d20+8)[27], (1d4+4)[5] damage and Bleed 1d4
    Bite (1d20+8)[18], (1d6+4)[9] damage and Disease

Rat 2
    Claw (1d20+8)[24], (1d4+4)[5] damage and Bleed 1d4
    Claw (1d20+8)[23], (1d4+4)[6] damage and Bleed 1d4
    Bite (1d20+8)[21], (1d6+4)[8] damage and Disease

Rat 3
    Claw (1d20+8)[18], (1d4+4)[7] damage and Bleed 1d4

Rat 4
    Claw (1d20+8)[25], (1d4+4)[6] damage and Bleed 1d4

Rat 5
    Claw (1d20+8)[10], (1d4+4)[8] damage and Bleed 1d4

Rat 6
    Claw (1d20+8)[24], (1d4+4)[5] damage and Bleed 1d4

Attacks on Orlando
    Rat 1
    Claw (1d20+8)[13], (1d4+4)[5] damage and Bleed 1d4

Rat 2
    Claw (1d20+8)[22], (1d4+4)[6] damage and Bleed 1d4

Rat 3
    Claw (1d20+8)[18], (1d4+4)[5] damage and Bleed 1d4
    Claw (1d20+8)[20], (1d4+4)[5] damage and Bleed 1d4
    Bite (1d20+8)[12], (1d6+4)[7] damage and Disease

Rat 4
    Claw (1d20+8)[20], (1d4+4)[6] damage and Bleed 1d4
    Claw (1d20+8)[12], (1d4+4)[7] damage and Bleed 1d4
    Bite (1d20+8)[16], (1d6+4)[9] damage and Disease

Attacks on Rex
    Rat 1
    Claw (1d20+8)[15], (1d4+4)[5] damage and Bleed 1d4

Rat 2
    Claw (1d20+8)[27], (1d4+4)[5] damage and Bleed 1d4

End of Round One.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2023-01-18 at 09:43 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Kel was distracted by Sage just before she disappeared. He seemed clearly disturbed, but at a loss as to what to do about it. The lapse allowed two of the wererats to climb up the bank and attack him. Even his preternatural speed was only enough to parry one blow. The other wererat dealt him a savage slice to his arm, but the wound immediately began to close of its own accord.

He refocused, teleporting back a handful of steps to beside Kip and brandishing his sword, its blade still writhing with electricity. With a gesture, the sparks arced to the gauntlet on his other hand, intensified to blinding brightness for an instant, and shot out across the river to explode in a thunderous blast of ball lightning.

Spoiler
    Show

- One rat's attack missed Kelveroth due to his Haste AC bonus, the other still hit but was absorbed by Arae's Undo Harm.

- Mystic Reaping grants two temporary Spell Points from reducing the wererat last round to 0 HP

Swift Action: Teleport back beside Kip with Transdimensional War Dance Arcana.
    - Jump Scare allows Kel to Intimidate one as a free action ((1d20+28)[40], rendering it Shaken with -4 to the relevant penalties.
    - Dimensional Athlete activates Dizzying Tumble; the two wererats that attacked him must make a Will Save (DC 18) or be Nauseated for one round.

Move Action: Use Expanded Knowledge to gain the Explosive Orb talent from Destruction.

Standard Action: Cast an Electric Blast beside the ship (using his Destructive Focus gauntlet as the implement), airbursting over the wererats in the water and catching the ones on the deck. If Kel knows where Ordyn is, he will stop the blast short of hitting him. He will spend one temporary spell point to raise the damage to 13d6, and the other to increase the radius to 20 feet. If his aim is good enough, I think he should be able to catch the six wererats on the south side of the ship deck, the six in the water, and the two that just attacked him, for (13d6)[49] damage (DC 21 Reflex save for half, -3 to save for any wearing metal armor). Maybe the ones in the water take a penalty too .

Extra Move Action: Maintain concentration on Haste.
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2023-01-19 at 01:22 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52

Yzara's dance shifts to something quicker, harsher, hops and stomps as she hums to herself. The fear hadn't taken hold too well, a shame, and she thinks she's expended enough of her reserves already. Can't risk running dry too quickly. Instead she drums up a thrumming sound, placing it directly between the Prince and Orlando where two wererats swarm. It swells, crescendos, and bursts.

Show
    Standard action: Destruction thunder blast
    Skilled Casting check (DC 24): (1d20+19)[33] (if fail, reduce CL)
    Use Inspired Surge to access Explosive Orb to make a 5' space blast, that deals 5d6 damage
    Damage: (5d6)[18]
    Reflex DC 22 negates
    Targets that take damage from it must succeed on a DC 22 Fort save or be deafened for (2d4)[5] rounds

If I fail the skill check or depending on the wild magic, I'll have to edit and maybe roll stuff in OOC.

Wild Magic roll: (1d100)[34]
    "The effect deals minimized damage to caster, a successful Reflex save halves this damage." So I take 5 damage, ref half
    Last edited by Xanyo; 2023-01-20 at 05:38 PM.
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Arae's knuckles whitened as she gripped her sword, Toller, the scales swaying in the breeze as she watched the carnage unfold, more forms entering her view and vanishing just as quickly. Would she add her blade to the melee?

Nay piga, stand firm, and guard your charge, came a gruff voice within her head. Lugus, the dwarf.

She did not need to turn to Yzara to sense that the acolyte was focused deeply on her magic. Moira cared little for the new Mother of Mysteries, but a fellow was a fellow alike in spirit, and she would not allow the interruption of a weaving in her name. Pointing the tip skyward, she continued her cry over the din of battle, "Aye! Take heart and strike true! The gods are watching alike, and we will not disappoint! Let your blows be mighty, and fell the devils with every stroke!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: Fierce Shout. For the next 3 rounds, all non deafened allies within 30 ft add +5 damage to their first attack of the round.
    Move: Concentrate on Undo Harm
    Swift: Maintain Aggressive Flanking

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

As the rats swarm around him, Ordyn stands his ground. His shield is never once at rest, deflecting the blows of some rats, batting others aside, waiting for the right moment. After a flurry of claws and fangs, he raises his shield upward and intones an arcane word, attempting to conjure a magical barrier to prevent the wererats from reaching his more vulnerable allies.

Show
    Standard action: Use the Barrier talent defensively. Concentration check vs. DC 23: (d20+12)[30] If his concentration check fails, he will expend AoO's to use Active Defense against each attack of opportunity that he provokes, potentially gaining free bull rush attempts (and dealing shield bash damage for each successful bull rush) for each of those AoOs.

If he is able to conjure a barrier, he will make it large enough to encompass the rats to his northwest nearest to the twins. He will expend 1 spell point to make its duration 9 rounds without concentration, another spell point to make it durable (reducing all piercing, bludgeoning and slashing damage by 9), and another spell point to make it selective, preventing all activities which would pass from the inside to the outside, but permitting all activities which would pass from the outside to the inside. The barrier has 18 HP.

Move action: Expend his martial focus to activate Patrol as a move action, increasing his threatened area by an additional 15 ft. He may move up to 50 ft. until the beginning of his next turn to make AoO's within the area. Any ally attacked within this area provokes an AoO from Ordyn. Ordyn's movement within the area of his patrol does not provoke.
    Last edited by rypt; 2023-01-23 at 08:26 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55

Most of the wererat sailors are able to duck and cover when Kel's blast hits the deck but a few of them get caught out in the open and fry. His hypnotic blade mesmerizes his nearby foes and Kip takes advantage of their distraction, moving quickly past them and stabbing them with swift and precise cuts as he passes. Yassarn is right behind and adopts a wide stance with his blade, then makes a whirlwind cut with it, striking at all the wererats around him. Between the dual assaults the remaining wererats on the shore are left bloodied.

The Twins shout something at Ordyn for ruining their chance for a huge rat explosion, apparently not understanding that the shield ward is one way only. They instead wander down to the rivers edge and drop a bomb on the two wererats in the water, sending a huge spray of red water and wererats limbs into the air with the explosion. The rats in the water on the other side of the ship put all their effort in fleeing and manage to swim across the rapid water and climb up the other side of the embankment.

Caught in a dome of force with their enemies, the wererats on the ship turn their savage claws on Ordyn, the Prince, and Orlando. The thumping pulse of the ratking hivemind is unrelenting and as more wererat blood is spilled the intensity of the psychic assault increases. The mental pressure becomes a physical pain as the ratkings power fills your mind, swelling your brain and pushing it against the inside of your skull. The wererats scream in pain, blood dripping from their ears and noses as the pressure pushes them to a heightened fury. Prince Jonlen wipes the blood from his own face and attacks the nearest wererat between him and Orlando.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Twins drop a bomb on the two closest water rats, killing them.
    Kip and Yassarn flank and bloody the rats on the shore.
    The Prince attacks a nearby rat and bloodies it.
    Sage does nothing that anyone can see.

The Ratking deals (4d10)[20] damage to all creatures within 75ft, Fortitude save DC 19 to negate the damage. Creatures may choose to fail their saving throw. If they do, they take half damage, the damage type is changed to non-lethal, they gain Bleed 4 and they gain a bonus to attack and damage equal to their Bleed.

Wererat Attacks on Ordyn

Wererat 1
    Claw (1d20+12)[21]; (1d4+8)[9] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Claw (1d20+12)[24]; (1d4+8)[9] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Bite (1d20+12)[30]; (1d6+8)[14] damage and Disease

Wererat 2
    Claw (1d20+12)[27]; (1d4+8)[10] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Claw (1d20+12)[17]; (1d4+8)[10] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Bite (1d20+12)[21]; (1d6+8)[13] damage and Disease

Wererat 3
    Claw (1d20+12)[18]; (1d4+8)[11] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Claw (1d20+12)[28]; (1d4+8)[12] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Bite (1d20+12)[17]; (1d6+8)[12] damage and Disease

Wererat 4
    Claw (1d20+12)[31]; (1d4+8)[12] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Claw (1d20+12)[17]; (1d4+8)[9] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Bite (1d20+12)[29]; (1d6+8)[11] damage and Disease

Wererat 5
    Claw (1d20+12)[23]; (1d4+8)[10] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Claw (1d20+12)[23]; (1d4+8)[12] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Bite (1d20+12)[20]; (1d6+8)[9] damage and Disease

Wererat 6
    Claw (1d20+12)[26]; (1d4+8)[12] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Claw (1d20+12)[16]; (1d4+8)[10] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Bite (1d20+12)[13]; (1d6+8)[9] damage and Disease

Wererat 7
    Claw (1d20+12)[15]; (1d4+8)[11] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Claw (1d20+12)[20]; (1d4+8)[10] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Bite (1d20+12)[17]; (1d6+8)[13] damage and Disease

Wererat 8
    Claw (1d20+12)[15]; (1d4+8)[11] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Claw (1d20+12)[21]; (1d4+8)[12] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Bite (1d20+12)[19]; (1d6+8)[13] damage and Disease

Wererats Attacks on the Prince

Wererat 1
    Claw (1d20+12)[23]; (1d4+8)[10] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Claw (1d20+12)[22]; (1d4+8)[12] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Bite (1d20+12)[20]; (1d6+8)[10] damage and Disease

Wererat 2
    Claw (1d20+12)[17]; (1d4+8)[12] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Claw (1d20+12)[24]; (1d4+8)[12] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Bite (1d20+12)[30]; (1d6+8)[14] damage and Disease

Wererat 3
    Claw (1d20+12)[28]; (1d4+8)[11] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Claw (1d20+12)[27]; (1d4+8)[12] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Bite (1d20+12)[29]; (1d6+8)[13] damage and Disease

Wererat 4
    Claw (1d20+12)[13]; (1d4+8)[12] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Claw (1d20+12)[21]; (1d4+8)[10] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Bite (1d20+12)[19]; (1d6+8)[13] damage and Disease

Wererat 5
    Bite (1d20+12)[16]; (1d6+8)[11] damage and Disease

Wererat 6
    Bite (1d20+12)[16]; (1d6+8)[12] damage and Disease

Wererats Attacks on Orlando

Wererat 1
    Claw (1d20+12)[18]; (1d4+8)[11] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Claw (1d20+12)[19]; (1d4+8)[12] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Bite (1d20+12)[29]; (1d6+8)[13] damage and Disease

Wererat 2
    Claw (1d20+12)[14]; (1d4+8)[12] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Bite (1d20+12)[15]; (1d6+8)[12] damage and Disease

Wererat 3
    Claw (1d20+12)[24]; (1d4+8)[10] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Bite (1d20+12)[24]; (1d6+8)[10] damage and Disease

Wererat 4
    Claw (1d20+12)[18]; (1d4+8)[10] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Claw (1d20+12)[32]; (1d4+8)[10] damage and 1d4 Bleed
    Bite (1d20+12)[21]; (1d6+8)[11] damage and Disease

End of Round 2.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2023-02-04 at 01:58 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56

"The barrier should be intangible from the outside, you can attack through it!" Yzara calls out to their allies. The ratking launches a psychic attack and forces her to stumble again, barely fending it off. That telepathic being is becoming a problem, could she do anything about it? Telepathic, its strength is in communication and organization. What would happen if she disrupted that? Could she?

It takes a few precious seconds to determine the steps needed. Once she's ready, she finishes the steps and places a psychic cloud on Ordyn. As soon as she's done she informs everyone.

"I'm disrupting their communication, dunno how much it'll do."

Show
    HP: 108 (full thanks to undo harm)
    AC 17 (touch 12)
    Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +11
    Relevant buffs: undo harm 15, luck +1

Move action: martial flexibility to gain the Suppress (cloud) talent from the Mind sphere and the Gather Energy talent from the Destruction sphere for 1 minute
    Standard action: cast a powerful Suppress in the middle of the barrier for 2 spell points.
    Dance check DC 27: (1d20+19)[33] (if the check is low I'll edit accordingly)

Creatures within the cloud suffer a -6 penalty to all Charisma-based skills checks, in addition to a +2 circumstance bonus to saving throws against language-dependent effects. they lose all ability to communicate in all forms, including non-verbal languages and telepathy, for as long as they remain within the cloud. This also means that these creatures cannot act out simple concepts or emote in any way, except for volume.

The cloud has a radius of 70 ft, but is blocked by the barrier (it's an emanation). It does not affect us or our allies thanks to having Mass Charm. Whenever a creature benefiting from a sphere effect granting them additional languages or insights into language would enter the cloud, I may attempt a magic skill check against the effect’s magic skill defense. The duration is only 1 minute because that's as long as I have the talent for. There does not appear to be a saving throw.
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Kel grit his teeth and repelled the Rat King's scratching, chittering mental intrusion. The magic didn't affect him, but the attempt alone was enough to fill him with anger. He teleported atop the prow of the ship, gathered energy in his gauntleted hand once more, and sent an arcing gout of electricity through the rats below him.

Show

- Mystic Reaping grants two temporary Spell Points from reducing some wererats last round to 0 HP

Swift Action: Teleport onto the deck of the ship (middle of the front row) with Transdimensional War Dance.

- Jump Scare allows Kel to Intimidate the one adjacent as a free action (1d20+28)[31], rendering it Shaken with -4 to the relevant penalties.

Move Action: Use Expanded Knowledge to gain the Mutable Blast talent from Destruction.

Standard Action: Cast an Electric Blast again, spending his 2 temporary SP on Mutable Blast and to increase damage to 13d6 ((13d6)[51], DC 21 Reflex save for half). Mutable Blast gives him 11 squares to fill with damage, which should be exactly enough to catch all remaining rats on the deck and north of the ship without risking friendly fire.

Extra Move Action: Maintain concentration on Haste.

Spoiler: Stats
    Show

HP: 81 / 81
    AC: 28

Fort: +11
    Ref: +13
    Will: +11

Active Effects:
    - Haste (Concentration)
    w/ Improved Haste, Temporal Haste, Augmented Healing
    - Enhance Equipment (9 Hours) on Sword, Gauntlet, Armor
    w/ Greater Enhance Equipment, Deep Enhancement
    - Mystic Shell (9 Hours, 3 Layers)
    - Guarded Ally (from Odryn)
    - Serendipity (from Orlando)

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Arae's ears were more sensitive than most, being mostly blind as she was, so the chittering hounding her hearing proved especially deleterious for her, and she stumbled back as her ears rang loudly. But, she felt reassured as another pulse of divine energy washed over her, and she stood tall again. There were only so many things she could do in a situation such as this, she knew that she was limited in this regard. The enemy was many and gaining ground. She gripped her sword tightly, and ran in.

"Friends! Allow them not to overcome! We will be victorious this day!"

Show
    Standard: Gonna move 15 ft southward
    Move: Concentrate on Undo Harm. Kip should now also be in range, since consecrations move with their source.
    Swift: Maintain Aggressive Flanking

HP: 85/90
    AC: 22(+1)
    SP: 15/18
    Buffs: Align Object, Undo Harm (+15), Serendipity (+1), Aggressive Flanking, Fierce Shout (2 rounds)

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Over the clanging of claw on steel and the screeching of a dozen rats, Ordyn's voice carries back to the Twins, "Yzara has the right of it! The barrier will not interfere with your bombs! Only their attempts to retaliate!" Bolstered by Arae's magic, the former spellguard continues to harry the surrounding rats and attempts to disrupt their efforts to harm his allies.

Show
    HP: 108/108
    AC: 30 (+4 with Active Defense), DR 4/-
    Fort/Ref/Will: +14/+11/+12
    AoO's/round: 10

Standard action: Designate the Prince as a guarded ally, replacing Arae who is safely outside the barrier. The prince gains a +2 bonus to AC and CMD, DR 4/-, and is considered to be 50 feet closer to Ordyn for the purposes of his Shield Sphere abilities and spell range. Ordyn additionally regains his martial focus.

Ordyn will use Active Defense for +4 AC against the first 10 attacks targeting him or the Prince (assuming the Prince remains within 50 feet of Ordyn). For each of these attacks that miss, Ordyn will bull rush the attacker with his shield with a +33 bonus to the roll. Any enemy bull rushed this way takes damage as though struck by a shield bash (1d4+9)
    Last edited by rypt; 2023-02-07 at 03:50 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

The electrical strike rips through the horde of wererats and electrocutes the majority of them. Already weakened from their own hivemind's bleeding, the rats bodies simply catch on fire from the arc flash explosion and burning, dead rats drop to the deck. The remaining few look at each other as if in silent communication but then Yzara's cloud fills the inside of the barrier. The rats scream in agony as the Ratking is erased from reality. The hivemind connection is too strong to break but it's now both useless and harmful, like the pain of a phantom limb except the limb is your own mind.

The few rats that remain alive after the blast of lightning stagger around the deck of the ship, oblivious to your weapons and presence. Driven into a frenzy by their own mind that was suddenly silenced, the rats howl in wordless screams for a world they can neither perceive nor understand.

Prince Jonlen takes a step back after the explosion and stares in confusion at the rats behavior. "What in the nine hells is that cloud and what did it do to them?" He takes a cautious swipe at one of the rats who doesn't even seem to react to the cut. At least, there wasn't any change in the rat's screams from the strike. "What....I mean..." He says, looking around to make sure everyone is okay. "What the hell just happened?" he shouts to be heard above the incoherent yelling of the rats.

The rats in the river make it to the other side and climb up, barely sparing a look behind them as they run away from whatever fate has befallen the rest of their crew.

Spoiler
    Show
    End of the Round. We're still sorta in combat but all your enemies are either running away or oblivious and screaming in front of you.