New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Question about Druid Variant

I want to take the shape shifting druid variant from PHBII and im wondering if i can take skills like muti attack and improve natural weapon since i can shapeshift at will, heck it doesnt say i dont have to turn it off XD Thanks in advance.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Question about Druid Variant

As per straight rules there's nothing that says you can't, and Multiattack makes perfect sense if you're going to be a combat based druid. With Improved Natural Attack though just remember that you'd have to take it seperately for Bite, Claw, Slam and Talon.

Really though, it just comes down to whether or not your DM will let you take Improved Natural Attack (Bite), and let it count for both the Predator and Ferocious Slayer forms, and if Multiattack counts for every different form you learn or just one.
    Last edited by Darkantra; 2007-12-01 at 04:06 PM.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

how does muti attack work? i can bite an enemy and then i can claw him one or twice? im not too sure about the feat.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Without Multiattack, on a full attack action, you get to use all natural weapons although the secondary ones are at -5 (basically, the ones after the first listing - so a Tiger with Bite and 2 claws has the Bite primary, while the Ape with 2 claws and Bite has the Bite as secondary and both claws as primary.

With Multiattack, the penalty is reduced to -2, rather than -5, for secondary natural attacks.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.