New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Treasure Map (OOC)

The bugbears did not have a map, not sure why anyone thought they did. You followed the map from Garrett the whole time.
    While the armor and falchions do not have any markings of a former owner, it is unusual for a human to wield a falchion, they are known to be favored by orcs.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    The bugbears did not have a map, not sure why anyone thought they did. You followed the map from Garrett the whole time.
    While the armor and falchions do not have any markings of a former owner, it is unusual for a human to wield a falchion, they are known to be favored by orcs.
    My mistake, I misread the bit where we looted the bugbears as them having a second map. Still, Slagh seems to be the only loose end in this. Is there anything else of interest on Garrett's map?
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe we should refrain from selling those falchions here as to avoid suspicious.

That would reduce each other share by 1k, but more like a delay from selling those.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

4. - Top - End - #154

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    Maybe we should refrain from selling those falchions here as to avoid suspicious.

That would reduce each other share by 1k, but more like a delay from selling those.
    Sounds good to me, maybe the best answer is to go to another town and sell our loot later. It might not be a bad idea to make ourselves scarce for a week or two.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    Sounds good to me, maybe the best answer is to go to another town and sell our loot later. It might not be a bad idea to make ourselves scarce for a week or two.
    Hmm, yeah, or we get a guy who will buy from us on downlow.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sounds reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    Hmm, yeah, or we get a guy who will buy from us on downlow.
    I think I like the latter option better; at any rate, I'm not even sure that if there were another, safer town, the crew would really spend their time in the shadow of the Evil Keep of Evil.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

To be honest, maybe even with a shady contact we should wait a little to sell the falchions. Someone willing to deal with criminals may also be willing to sell them out to authorities.

8. - Top - End - #158

Well, when the authorities are the true criminals… But fair enough. Torta doesn't mind a little camping half as much as, khm, some of her friends.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

So I can assume a treasure division as proposed by Felix and then the party heads back into the forest to camp about half an hour away from Frontiere.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

10. - Top - End - #160

Maybe a bit farther away would be better; Frontiere sees a lot of traffic for a ruin!

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

So I can assume a treasure division as proposed by Felix and then the party heads back into the forest to camp about half an hour away from Frontiere.
    Yes.

But before leaving, what yoh guys feel about buying a party healing wand? This way the cleric can heal and free up uses of his spells slots.

A wand of lesser vigor can help heal a lot between battles and wont be so expensive. Ans maybe a handful of healing potions, so if the cleric falls anyone have at least a cure light wounds or faith healing potion to bring the cleric (or whoever) falls down.

Edit: Mikaela; does this city's market have a wand of lesser vigor and six potions of faith healing (with the cleric faith) to sell? If yes, that would be 1050gp from the party loot.

I'll recalcklate how much each get and all, if that's no problem for you: Urag's having seven digits in each hand make him a very good accounter

Edit2: And Urag wants to buy two barrels of ale. For camping.
    Last edited by Chimaera; 2023-02-27 at 07:13 PM.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

12. - Top - End - #162

Yes.

But before leaving, what yoh guys feel about buying a party healing wand? This way the cleric can heal and free up uses of his spells slots.
    I'm not averse to the idea; that's pocket change when split by six.

Ans maybe a handful of healing potions, so if the cleric falls anyone have at least a cure light wounds or faith healing potion to bring the cleric (or whoever) falls down.
    That, on the other hand, won't be neccessary. A cursory glance through the sheets tells me that we have two Healing Belts, 2 potionbs of CLW and 2 scrolls of Lesser Vigor already. That should cover our emergency needs.

Edit2: And Urag wants to buy two barrels of ale. For camping.
    One can't just camp all sober, amirite?

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

My Sacred Healing feat is bonkers. Love it.

I like the emergency healing we have just in case. And I don't mind most of my slots going to healing.

The ale is a wonderful idea.
    Something Borrowed - Submission Thread (5e subclass contest)

TeamWork Makes the Dream Work 5e Base Class Submission Thread

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Having a potion to give someone down is something Urag would be able to, in case emergency arrive and he's the last person standing or the closest one. Or the only one in case there was a split. Or to save a nice npc.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

I see no problem with everybody having their own emergency stash

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

wand of lesser vigor YES
    potion of faith healing NO...the once dominant religion of Klintina has been eradicated in Wilverton
    #GoreMutualarejerks

17. - Top - End - #167

I'm for buying a wand. It's a rounding error when split six ways, and while William is excellent at providing healing (especially with Sacred Healing,) a little extra never hurt anyone. We can mostly rely on spells slots and such, I just like the idea of it lying at the bottom of someone's pack if we need it.

I think we're pretty set for emergency healing - anyone who doesn't have something might want to pick up a potion or too, but as Metastachydium pointed out, we've got a fair amount already.

And yes, might as well bring a keg along seeing as we're missing out on that tavern.

I think I'm ready to go if everyone else is.

18. - Top - End - #168

I think we're pretty set for emergency healing - anyone who doesn't have something might want to pick up a potion or too, but as Metastachydium pointed out, we've got a fair amount already.
    That's just Garrett and Urag, I think?

I think I'm ready to go if everyone else is.
    I know I still am.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yeah, I kinda forgot to consider healing.

I'd be down to have a potion for emergencies, but that's really not necessary, as Garrett is already in quite some debt to the party xD

That being said, ale for camping is a marvelous idea. Who said lying low had to be boring? Hopefully Urag shares :P

Edit: also good to go, barring objections.
    Last edited by aReallyGreatAxe; 2023-02-28 at 02:42 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170

Running total of party treasure:

6 suits +1 leather armor
    +1 Falchion
    125 gold in assorted coinage
    Only Rocco had a magic falchion. There's only one sword we're talking about here.

21. - Top - End - #171

Oops? It's a good thing little about Torta really screams "should be good at math".

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Only Rocco had a magic falchion. There's only one sword we're talking about here.
    This seems to be my and Chimaera's mistake, he listed that all the orc falchions were magic, and they werent and I didnt properly correct it. Chimaera's calculations were based on 6 swords and thats wrong
    #GoreMutualarejerks

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

This seems to be my and Chimaera's mistake, he listed that all the orc falchions were magic, and they werent and I didnt properly correct it. Chimaera's calculations were based on 6 swords and thats wrong
    I'll fix that and redo the calculations.

There will be gold for the wand of lesser vigor and the rwst of the sold loot will possibly all go to those who picked nothkng, with Garret, Urag and William with some degree of debt.

Also, should I add the base price and masterwork price to them?

24. - Top - End - #174

I'll fix that and redo the calculations.

There will be gold for the wand of lesser vigor and the rwst of the sold loot will possibly all go to those who picked nothkng, with Garret, Urag and William with some degree of debt.

Also, should I add the base price and masterwork price to them?
    Masterwork would be nice, if you have the time and patience. Base price doesn't hurt, of course, but it's a take-or-leave deal.

25. - Top - End - #175

+1 leather armor x6 (3480 gold)
    7375 gold
    Periapt of Wisdom (2000 gold)
    Potions (525 gold)
    Wand of Lesser Vigor (-750 gold)
    Short Sword +3 (9155 gold)
    Great Axe +2 (4160 gold)
    Ale and miscellaneous supplies, to make the numbers come out evenly (-10 gold)

Total: 25,935 gold
    Divided six ways: 4,322.5 gold
    Total without weapons: 12,620 gold
    Above divided four ways: 3,155 gold

Garrett and Urag get weapons instead of gold. Felix, Torga, and Sonamy get 3,155 gold apiece. William gets the periapt and 1,155 gold. I don't need the potions, so they're up for grabs. I don't have an interest in tracking 'debt' as long as the same goes if we find a fancy staff or something next. If we do track debt, Garrett owes 1,167.5 gold each to Felix, William, Sonamy, and Torga, and 162.5 gold to Urag. These numbers don't include the falchion since people seem to be leaning towards not selling it (maybe we could get a scroll of Disguise Self and someone could try selling it as an orc?) it's worth 1,225 gold if we do.

Assuming we have the ability, Felix would like to trade his vest of resistance for a cloak of resistance and buy a Tunic of Steady Spellcasting.

Are we ready to go yet? I think everyone has agreed to the general course of action.
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2023-03-03 at 02:51 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Urag is ready, he'll sell his +1 greataxe for 1160 gp and buy ten gallons of ale for 2gp and three potions of cure lught wounds.

Thanks for doing the math, been swamped in work and working close to 11 hours each day this week.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Garrett is ready, he's got quite the debt to pay off now, hasn't he?

Also apologies for the delayed response. Squashing some buggy code ate my last few days. I swear work is lightening up otherwise!

28. - Top - End - #178

So Felix does get a new cloak after all!

Meanwhile, I'm not sure what to do with T.'s share. Scout's headband would be the obvious go-to, but it's a measly 250 gp too expensive. I suppose a ring of silent spells would fit her fine, but a vanisher's cloak or a ring of sustenance (6 more hours per day to stare suspiciously at things!) would also be of interest to her. Anyone has any useful advice to share?

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Just want to throw in here that myself (animorte) and myself (William) both greatly appreciate the work going into this. I've never been particularly good at this side of bookkeeping.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Obviously the DM has no say in bookkeeping, debts and such, but I think you should just let it go. I try to make sure there is something for each person in at least every other adventure so it should even out, and if one person at least gets more gold than the others, he can equip himself. But its up to the group.
    Felix can trade his cloak, but the tunic is not available.
    #GoreMutualarejerks